Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,167 members, 7,880,646 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:36 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7960) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12028520 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7957) (7958) (7959) (7960) (7961) (7962) (7963) ... (16410) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:31pm On Dec 14, 2019
Subzero047:
Unpopular opinion

Awaziem is a better defender than Omeruo

Awaziem is not a better central defender than Omeruo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:31pm On Dec 14, 2019
Subzero047:

He is more composed

Awaziem is too slow compared too Omeruo so what will composure do for him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:33pm On Dec 14, 2019
Subzero047:

He is also braver and less likely to make mistakes

Opinion based on what.

Awaziem is a weak link

Too slow and poor recovery, doesn't have the physicality and strength of Omeruo and or aerial dominance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:34pm On Dec 14, 2019
jihday:
Don't know about better but he's definitely most versatile, he can play CB, RB and DM

Versatility without QUALITY.

Jack of all traders master of none, a WEAK LINK.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:42pm On Dec 14, 2019
Well, Vardy makes it 9 in 9 and Nacho is off especially after that incident of fair play. Norwich city players wan beat am eh.... But I dont think it is Nacho's fault. The referee did say play on. Anyway shaa... Movie on.

And Rodgers taking out Nacho this early is not cool. He is playing well. Why not wait till the early part of the second half. These are the little things a coach does that affects a player mentally.

Danielnino00:
Norwich doing the Lord's work..

Hallelujah cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:42pm On Dec 14, 2019
komekn:

Awaziem is too slow compared too Omeruo so what will composure do for him.

What a joke

It seems Awaziem is on your 'bad book'

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:43pm On Dec 14, 2019
edi287:

Yeah but Kane was introduced in his first season. Sherwood started playing Kane over him in his first season.

That’s true
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:44pm On Dec 14, 2019
charlesemeka85:
for sure tammy have done exceptionally well and has a bright future in the club

Agreed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:44pm On Dec 14, 2019
jihday:
Wow, that's huge

That’s why I was tipping them to be promoted

Thou the 3rd place team still have a game at hand
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 4:45pm On Dec 14, 2019
Danielnino00:
Norwich doing the Lord's work..

Hallelujah cheesy

I still see LFC winning it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 4:46pm On Dec 14, 2019
Why was Iheanacho substituted ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:46pm On Dec 14, 2019
komekn:

Opinion based on what.

Awaziem is a weak link

Too slow and poor recovery, doesn't have the physicality and strength of Omeruo and or aerial dominance.

If you don't know Awaziem has a higher leap than Omeruo and more aerially dominant

If you watched their match last night you would have known

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:46pm On Dec 14, 2019
I love how Ndidi was the first to step into that crowd of Norwich players and protect Nacho. Ndidi just loves that dude mehn.... Folks find a friend who treats you as his brother as Ndidi does with Nacho. Such Golden friendship. smiley

But I don't like what Rodgers did with Nacho shaa taking him off that early. Why not just bench him from the start amd play your usual 4-1-4-1 as I believed he would. Rodgers sef!

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 4:47pm On Dec 14, 2019
Mujtahida:

I'd say this and drop the point so I don't derail the thread (my mind has been preoccupied in recent times by our national failures)

For me the reasons why they've held on to power for so long are history and sense of unity. Unity is so powerful a principle that when 5 fools unite, they'd defeat 10 divided wise men.

Our national failures is truly national - no part of the country is spared. I was in Lagos for the last NBA conference and I was truly embarrassed at the chaos and filth I saw. Lack of power, poor health care, bad roads, lack of social, poverty and infrastructural facilities are problems confronting us all as a people.

My issue however is with the ATTITUDE. I admit I might be wrong but I'd say that even though the south suffers poverty and its correlatives, it is not a condition that has been accepted. The people want more, they desire more and given a chance they'd push their governments in the direction of a better life. But in the North they seem quite at home with poverty. Like someone said they are contented. I have mulled over the reason why this is so but I cannot place my hands on it. Some say it's the prevalence of Islam. I do not agree. Almost all the Muslim dominated countries are prosperous nations. This thread will not allow me to talk about the great intellectual contributions of the Arab and Muslim world to world development. So I do not believe it is religion.

Our suffering is all man made. I see the suffering coming from a false structure. How can the States develop when key elements that drive development are in the exclusive legislative list of the Constitution?

https://www.nairaland.com/3945831/68-exclusive-list-items-made.

History shows our union was negotiated. Why can't we have renegotiate it again. Is it a holy creed?

Let the country be restructured along the lines of the old regional models with modifications in tune with present day realities-- a weak center, no central military bodies(in time of external threat the regions come together to fight) , and police especially. So that the effects of bad or good governance can be localized(as it was when we had regional government. Western Nigeria even had TV stations before some countries in Europe). Not this present dysfunctional arrangement where in the name of One Nigeria we have all become almajiri

5 fools defeat 10 divided wise men when 1 wise man is enough to play the 5?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:52pm On Dec 14, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Well, Vardy makes it 9 in 9 and Nacho is off especially after that incident of fair play. Norwich city players wan beat am eh.... But I dont think it is Nacho's fault. The referee did say play on. Anyway shaa... Movie on.

And Rodgers taking out Nacho this early is not cool. He is playing well. Why not wait till the early part of the second half. These are the little things a coach does that affects a player mentally.

Iheanacho fumbled there.. that was against the rule of fair play....

I hope Rodgers doesn't take it too hard on him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:55pm On Dec 14, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
I love how Ndidi was the first to step into that crowd of Norwich players and protect Nacho. Ndidi just loves that dude mehn.... Folks find a friend who treats you as his brother as Ndidi does with Nacho. Such Golden friendship. smiley

But I don't like what Rodgers did with Nacho shaa taking him off that early. Why not just bench him from the start amd play your usual 4-1-4-1 as I believed he would. Rodgers sef!

What happened?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:56pm On Dec 14, 2019
Two things:

Majorly it is the incident with the Norwich players. They all thought they should get the ball back but Nacho went for a run as he saw the referee say play on and was almost through on goal before being hacked down strongly by Byram and then surrounded by Norwich players a few of which had a go at Nacho. Ndidi stepped in and his teammates followed. A player for Norwich should have been sent off shaa. They were wrong having a go at Nacho like that.

Also, Rodgers brought on Gray, a winger to adjust the tactical shape a bit this Nacho had to be sacrificed that early. Rodgers no try. Nacho was playing well up until that incident and his substitution. Even Rodgers called Nacho amd spoke into his ears when he subbed him off, obviously wanting him to not be piseed at the awkward decision.

Tolulopefinest:
Why was Iheanacho substituted ?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:58pm On Dec 14, 2019
He should have given the ball back but from what I understand and one of the commentators' comment, Nacho thought the referee urged play on.

Rodgers taking him off that early is already too harsh on the lad. He even called him aside and whispered some words into his ears. Nacho is obviously not happy with this. First Norwich players wan beat you up, one even went for his neck but escaped a red. Then next thing, your coach takes you off. Me, I will be pissed biko.

Danielnino00:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:59pm On Dec 14, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Agreed

He played 21 games in a star studded Liverpool team

I am yet to hear the British media label him a Liverpool flop ,but they are quick to call Iago Aspas a Liverpool flop with lesser minutes per game and lesser games

It's very simple.

How much did Aspas cost and how much did Solanke cost ❓ Solanke was essentially a youth player with a lot to of potential nothing else and a good business deal.

But the key thing between them is thier was no expectation on Dominic but a lot of expectation on Aspas.

Well fast forward and Liverpool were able to get rid of thier big flop and sell him for £19 million absolutely crazy. Excellent business for Liverpool bad marker for Bournemouth.

Below English media screen shot on the flop Solanke.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:00pm On Dec 14, 2019
edi287:

Ekong like Omeruo and Ajayi have been performing. I believe once Awaziem settles, he can break into the team. He needs to stay one place instead of all these loan moves he makes.

How many years does Awaziem need to settle in the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:03pm On Dec 14, 2019
Danielnino00:

let me hear word jor. When Egypt drew with Nigeria in Kaduna by doing the same things nobody complained. I wish he had scored.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 5:04pm On Dec 14, 2019
komekn:

He has never been in the run in for CB, his versatility makes the coach to use him to fill in vacant positions
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:05pm On Dec 14, 2019
komekn:

as soon as he is assigned an actual position, rather than being shuffled about, he will settle in.

You don finish with Kelechi, na Awaziem you wan jump on top now

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:06pm On Dec 14, 2019
Same thing happened in a Championship game involving Leeds last season and that one was way worse sef yet the goal was given in favor of Leeds. It was bielsa's benevolence and "fairness mentality" that made him instruct his team to allow the opposition equalise without interference since they clearly scored against the spirit of fairplay. That act cost Leeds an EPL promotion.

I hope they can be compensated with an automatic EPL ticket this time shaa alongside Semi's Westbrom.

In today's case, Nacho dey play because Ref say play on boy. Those Norwich players just felt relaxed because they were in the lead at the time. Nonsense.

BascoVanVeli:

let me hear word jor. When Egypt drew with Nigeria in Kaduna by doing the same things nobody complained. I wish he had scored.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:06pm On Dec 14, 2019
CASTAGNE:

there are lots of Kane's and vardy's out there ,all they need is a manager who has faith in them

Three years ago Eze was released from Millwall and he then got a part time job in Tesco and was getting ready to to College.

Went on trial to QPR and Ramsey great coach and motivator picked him out Holloway agreed. Within six months he was in the first team and the rest is now history. Now best player in the Championship.

There are many stories like this in football.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:09pm On Dec 14, 2019
Wait Nacho got subbed due to poor sportsmanship?? LMFAO!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 5:09pm On Dec 14, 2019
Wow Twitter is crazy

1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CASTAGNE: 5:10pm On Dec 14, 2019
komekn:

Three years ago Eze was released from Millwall and he then got a part time job in Tesco and was getting ready to to College.

Went on trial to QPR and Ramsey great coach and motivator picked him out Holloway agreed. Within six months he was in the first team and the rest is now history. Now best player in the Championship.

There are many stories like this in football.
that's true
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:11pm On Dec 14, 2019
komekn:

It's very simple.

How much did Aspas cost and how much did Solanke cost ❓ Solanke was essentially a youth player with a lot to of potential nothing else and a good business deal.

But the key thing between them is thier was no expectation on Dominic but a lot of expectation on Aspas.

Well fast forward and Liverpool were able to get rid of thier big flop and sell him for £19 million absolutely crazy. Excellent business for Liverpool bad marker for Bournemouth.

Below English media screen shot on the flop Solanke.

You will defend solanke who was offer more chances at Liverpool by klopp

If person listen to you e go be like say dem use big money buy aspas

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:12pm On Dec 14, 2019
Subzero047:
Wow Twitter is crazy

What did nacho do ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:13pm On Dec 14, 2019
andrewbaba44:
Nacho starts

KC is improving week in week out to the point that the Manager is changing the formation to suit him. That's quite remarkable.

If he can get an assist or maybe even a goal today against Norwich he really needs too Norwich is not a strong team in the EPL. Then he will definitely on the way up to becoming first choice in a two forward formation with two front men, Vardy & KC

That would be EXCEPTIONAL PROGRESSION in a very short time on the field but a lot of time on the training pitch with dedication and focus over the years but more so with Rogers.

But then again it's football. Not too long ago Origi was not cutting it at Liverpool and was essentially on the way out. A few good games and now putting in consistent performances he is probably looking at contract extension now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:13pm On Dec 14, 2019
Danielnino00:

Please what did nacho do ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7957) (7958) (7959) (7960) (7961) (7962) (7963) ... (16410) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.