Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,428 members, 7,881,576 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:20 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8073) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12034589 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8070) (8071) (8072) (8073) (8074) (8075) (8076) ... (16413) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by slimthugchimee2(m): 6:52pm On Dec 31, 2019
Olulong:

He has lost whatever made Germany take him to the world cup

Who are we talking about here?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:53pm On Dec 31, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Chukwueze over nsofor ?

Biggest joke I have heard so far

Maybe if chuks improve more better as time goes on ,you are just so quick to judge

Chuks Over nsofor is very funny

Always endevour to read and understand before making ur usual noise boy. How gud was Nsofor in 2009 compared to Chuks in 2019?

Let me bring it down to ur level, the topic is about eagles first starting line up at the beginning of the decade versus the last starting line up at the end of the decade.

The topic isn't about who is the best player between Nsofor and Chuks through the decade

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:55pm On Dec 31, 2019
Olulong:

He has lost whatever made Germany take him to the world cup

Agreed

But an arsenal player will still be starting for super eagles despite being bad

I know how many people are are still pained and crying over average tomori who plays for Chelsea

Anytime I try to defend tomori ,it’s comes negative because they are still pained he didn’t play for naija

Broda abeg leave people wey get 2 mouth

Yes Mustafi is trash no doubt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:58pm On Dec 31, 2019
ChrisKels:

Always endevour to read and understand before making ur usual noise boy. How gud was Nsofor in 2009 compared to Chuks in 2019?

Let me bring it down to ur level, the topic is about eagles first starting line up at the beginning of the decade versus the last starting line up at the end of the decade.

The topic isn't about who is the best player between Nsofor and Chuks through the decade

Lol he had to call me boy to please him self ,that’s fine ,everybody Na oga online

Anyway chukwueze won’t smell inter millan bench 2009

I rest my case

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:59pm On Dec 31, 2019
<iframe src="https://web.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fweb.facebook.com%2Fnigeriaprofessionalfootballleague%2Fvideos%2F750844898747414%2F&show_text=1&width=560" width="560" height="457" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

This is an highlight from one of the best matches in the NPFL in a decade. can someone help put it in video form? saw it on LMC page I follow on FB
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 7:02pm On Dec 31, 2019
slimthugchimee2:

Who are we talking about here?
Skodran Mustafi of Arsenal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:12pm On Dec 31, 2019
President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Amaju Pinnick has expressed fears the Super Eagles could boycott the 2022 World Cup qualifiers over unpaid bonuses and allowances.

Pinnick sounded out this warning in a letter addressed to sports minister Sunday Dare demanding for balance payments from recent Federal Government intervention funds.

The FGN approved a billion Naira to cover the Eagles 2019 AFCON campaign, the 2019 Women’s World Cup as well as the U20 World Cup.

However, only 700 million Naira was released to the NFF.

The government also approved another 3.2 billion Naira for the Eagles 2018 World Cup campaign in Russia and only 1.5 billion Naira got to the NFF.

Pinnick claimed in his letter that the various national teams led by the Super Eagles could now shun World Cup qualifying campaigns as they are owed various amounts.

He also said the NFF are heavily indebted to hotels and travel agents because of the non-release of these monies.

The Eagles will begin their quest for a place at the 2022 World Cup in March after the draw on January 21.

However, the NFF boss was silent of the various incomes the federation received in the outgoing year.

It included over 3 billion Naira from sponsorships, $2 million from CAF for the Eagles finishing third at the AFCON as well as $1 million from FIFA for the Super Falcons advancing to the Round of 16 at the Women’s World Cup in France.

“They just want to blackmail the government,” NFF director of protocol Oyetunde Aderibigbe told Human Rights Radio today
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:16pm On Dec 31, 2019
Icon79:
Nope. Shittu was sh!tty but the rest (Yobo, Odiah, and Taiwo) were solid in their prime. However, Chidi Odiah was badly hindered by injuries tho. In fact, if Odiah wasn't injury prone, that dude would've been one of the best Nigerian players in memory.

Nne, holla at me. I have something I need to discuss with you asap.

O pari

ok
You can hit me up, I can't find your contact
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:23pm On Dec 31, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Lol he had to call me boy to please him self ,that’s fine ,everybody Na oga online

I rest my case

Although d stuff is not abt comparison.. Awever I won't hesitate to pick a chuks ahead of obinna

I don't really like obinna style of play aside his powerful shots...he's always looking @ d ground when running with d ball ,just like Pius ikedia ,d diff BTW both is d shot obinna possess smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:26pm On Dec 31, 2019
Na only that one you sabi,

make she holla you, come take time oo, and make sure to change dis 2020

happy new year bros

Icon79:
Nope. Shittu was sh!tty but the rest (Yobo, Odiah, and Taiwo) were solid in their prime. However, Chidi Odiah was badly hindered by injuries tho. In fact, if Odiah wasn't injury prone, that dude would've been one of the best Nigerian players in memory.

Nne, holla at me. I have something I need to discuss with you asap.

O pari

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:29pm On Dec 31, 2019
andrewbaba44:

I rest my case

Was Nsofor wt Inter in 2009 abi Malaga of Spain? In general, how many matches did he even play for Inter?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 7:30pm On Dec 31, 2019
Oops. Same thing happened to me too angry

Lost my old phone and lost all my contacts. Check your email sha.

safarigirl:
ok
You can hit me up, I can't find your contact
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:31pm On Dec 31, 2019
elyte89:

Although d stuff is not abt comparison.. Awever I won't hesitate to pick a chuks ahead of obinna

I don't really like obinna style of play aside his powerful shots...he's always looking @ d ground when running with d ball ,just like Pius ikedia ,d diff BTW both is d shot obinna possess smiley

The boy na noise maker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 7:32pm On Dec 31, 2019
Haha!! Pele o, I almost forgot that do4luv14 is watching me like a hawk grin

No worries bro, she's actually my lil niece … so no competition here wink

O pari

do4luv14:
Na only that one you sabi,

make she holla you, come take time oo, and make sure to change dis 2020

happy new year bros

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:42pm On Dec 31, 2019
All those guys wey no gree us hear word about Zaccala, plz make Una update us, where the bobo dey now?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:08pm On Dec 31, 2019
Truidstar:
Happy new year to the family!! Wishing everyone the very best in 2020. May all our aspirations be surpassed this year. Happy new year.
. thanks... but in naija here...we still dey 2019 o

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:08pm On Dec 31, 2019
Halelluiyaaaa
thats one less computitor

Icon79:
Haha!! Pele o, I almost forgot that do4luv14 is watching me like a hawk grin

No worries bro, she's actually my lil niece … so no competition here wink

O pari

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:17pm On Dec 31, 2019
No be that juva U-17 keeper?

ChrisKels:
All those guys wey no gree us hear word about Zaccala, plz make Una update us, where the bobo dey now?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:40pm On Dec 31, 2019
Nigeria’s biggest unfulfilled talents of the decade

opera.com

Dec 31, 2019 3:48 AM

By Solace Chukwu

Musa Yahaya

It is perhaps best to let Manu Garba, who coached Nigeria to success at the 2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup, tell the story of what might have been for a player he insists was the best player in the UAE.

“During the World Cup, he (Musa Yahaya) was voted as the undisputed player of the tournament. I have the [ballot] in my house,” he told me in an interview in April.

“Unfortunately, they couldn’t give it to him because Kelechi (Iheanacho) was top in the highest goalscorer chart, so they decided to give it to Kelechi.

“I think he first signed for Tottenham and they loaned him out. If he had gone to the right club, I’m sure that boy could have been one of the best players, not just for the club, but all over the world.

“He’s a player that, when he’s on the ball, you can hardly track him down. He’s a good ball carrier, and he finishes very well too. He’s a disciplined chap. So, he’s just unlucky in, maybe, the contract he signed or the place he’s playing now. I understand that, at times, they even play him at right-back in the Porto B team.”

Nura Abdullahi

The story of Nura Abdullahi is a heartbreaking one.

A brilliant, promising right-back who dazzled during the 2016 UEFA Youth League, Nura was also a part of Roma’s title-winning Primavera side that year, and was promoted to the first team in 2017 before being loaned to Serie B side Perugia.

It was here that it began to go south for the then 21-year-old. In March 2018, he underwent a routine cardiological evaluation, and was advised to desist from sporting activity for 30 days, after which further tests would be conducted.

However, further tests brought to light the painful truth: Nura would have to give up football entirely, and thus a highly-rated talent was truncated well short of his prime. A sad outcome for a player who seemed destined for the top, and who had reportedly even caught the eye of Barcelona in the past.

Isaac Success

Searing speed, power, dribbling ability and calmness in front of goal: Isaac Success has it all. Or, at least, he had.

There was a time when it seemed almost a foregone conclusion that the Watford man would lead the line for the Nigeria national team for many years to come. Even though injury ruled him out for the majority of the tournament, he scored twice as Nigeria claimed victory in the 2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup in the UAE.

However, since moving to England, it has failed to come together for the former Granada man. In October 2017, it was reported he has been arrested after an unseemly escapade with prostitutes in a London hotel. He has also been manifestly overweight for much of his time with the Hornets, and has as such struggled with injuries despite brief flashes of promise.

He is another who, according to Manu Garba, had all the tools to be a success as a professional. The coach, however, alluded to some possible reasons for his struggles.

“He’s one of the players we knew that, given the right environment and discipline, if he was focused enough not to have any issues with his personal life, I believe he would have been one of the players to have made it. Because he is a ball carrier, very strong, very aggressive and he can shoot too.”

Kelechi Nwakali]

It may seem premature to include Nwakali here, but for a player who has been hailed as the future of the Super Eagles midfield, the 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup Golden Ball winner seems to have stayed in one spot for the last four years.

Following his exploits in Chile, where he drove the Golden Eaglets to retain the title they had won two years earlier, he inked a deal with Premier League giants Arsenal. While work permit issues proved a hindrance in the early going, it seemed only a matter of time before he would prove his level out on loan, satisfy the requirements, and blossom into the player everyone had decided he would be.

The reality has been very different: a lack of consistency plagued Nwakali through his loan spells, and he was eventually let go by Arsenal in the summer. The desperate attempts to jumpstart his career via the national U-23 team backfired spectacularly as Nigeria failed to qualify for the 2020 Olympics, and a reported move to Huesca seems murky.

Imoh Ezekiel

There was a time when it seemed the Lagos-born forward would be in the middle of a tug-of-war between Nigeria and Belgium.

His very first season in the Jupiler League made it clear a player of immense potential had been unearthed. He scored 14 times and laid on a further five goals in 22 appearances in the regular season for Standard Liege, before powering them to the Europa League by recording three assists in a 7-0 pounding of Gent in the play-off.

The following season, he backed it up with a combined 18 goal contributions in 29 matches, and was unlucky to be left out of Nigeria’s squad for the 2014 World Cup.

What followed was one of the most difficult to understand transfer decisions: with a number of deals on the table and just shy of 21, Ezekiel opted for a move to Qatari side Al-Arabi.

He only spent six months in the Gulf before returning to Standard Liege, and then Anderlecht on loan. However, all of his momentum seemed to completely dissipate.

He gave a brief glimpse of what might have been, starring at the 2016 Olympics as Nigeria claimed bronze, but never quite hit the heights again. He now turns out for Belgian side Kortrijk.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jimmyiovine: 8:42pm On Dec 31, 2019
charlesemeka85:
President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Amaju Pinnick has expressed fears the Super Eagles could boycott the 2022 World Cup qualifiers over unpaid bonuses and allowances.

Pinnick sounded out this warning in a letter addressed to sports minister Sunday Dare demanding for balance payments from recent Federal Government intervention funds.

The FGN approved a billion Naira to cover the Eagles 2019 AFCON campaign, the 2019 Women’s World Cup as well as the U20 World Cup.

The government also approved another 3.2 billion Naira for the Eagles 2018 World Cup campaign in Russia and only 1.5 billion Naira got to the NFF.

Pinnick claimed in his letter that the various national teams led by the Super Eagles could now shun World Cup qualifying campaigns as they are owed various amounts.

He also said the NFF are heavily indebted to hotels and travel agents because of the non-release of these monies.

The Eagles will begin their quest for a place at the 2022 World Cup in March after the draw on January 21.

However, the NFF boss was silent of the various incomes the federation received in the outgoing year.

It included over 3 billion Naira from sponsorships, $2 million from CAF for the Eagles finishing third at the AFCON as well as $1 million from FIFA for the Super Falcons advancing to the Round of 16 at the Women’s World Cup in France.

“They just want to blackmail the government,” NFF director of protocol Oyetunde Aderibigbe told Human Rights Radio today

This one that Pinnick just dey give plenty media interviews over the past two weeks. I am suspecting something

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 8:48pm On Dec 31, 2019
charlesemeka85:

That is how they roll at the NFF.

When the Government wants to hold them accountable for funds received from the various mentioned outlets, they scream interference and call upon the Equally corrupt FIFA for protection

Yet they can't do without Government subventions and budgets.

Let them go ahead and destroy the only functional Team of Nigeria in the SUPER EAGLES by boycotting the world cup qualifiers intentionally because of the remaining peanuts compared to the unaccountable amounts received.

I didn't know you equally listened to today's program too as being broadcast.

Let me copy do4luv14 for what he has to say about the above because he loves crucifying me for mentioning the program and the call for listening ears to the radio station

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 9:13pm On Dec 31, 2019
tbaba1234:
Nigeria’s biggest unfulfilled talents of the decade

opera.com

Dec 31, 2019 3:48 AM

By Solace Chukwu

Musa Yahaya

It is perhaps best to let Manu Garba, who coached Nigeria to success at the 2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup, tell the story of what might have been for a player he insists was the best player in the UAE.

“During the World Cup, he (Musa Yahaya) was voted as the undisputed player of the tournament. I have the [ballot] in my house,” he told me in an interview in April.

“Unfortunately, they couldn’t give it to him because Kelechi (Iheanacho) was top in the highest goalscorer chart, so they decided to give it to Kelechi.

“I think he first signed for Tottenham and they loaned him out. If he had gone to the right club, I’m sure that boy could have been one of the best players, not just for the club, but all over the world.

“He’s a player that, when he’s on the ball, you can hardly track him down. He’s a good ball carrier, and he finishes very well too. He’s a disciplined chap. So, he’s just unlucky in, maybe, the contract he signed or the place he’s playing now. I understand that, at times, they even play him at right-back in the Porto B team.”

Nura Abdullahi

The story of Nura Abdullahi is a heartbreaking one.

A brilliant, promising right-back who dazzled during the 2016 UEFA Youth League, Nura was also a part of Roma’s title-winning Primavera side that year, and was promoted to the first team in 2017 before being loaned to Serie B side Perugia.

It was here that it began to go south for the then 21-year-old. In March 2018, he underwent a routine cardiological evaluation, and was advised to desist from sporting activity for 30 days, after which further tests would be conducted.

However, further tests brought to light the painful truth: Nura would have to give up football entirely, and thus a highly-rated talent was truncated well short of his prime. A sad outcome for a player who seemed destined for the top, and who had reportedly even caught the eye of Barcelona in the past.

Isaac Success

Searing speed, power, dribbling ability and calmness in front of goal: Isaac Success has it all. Or, at least, he had.

There was a time when it seemed almost a foregone conclusion that the Watford man would lead the line for the Nigeria national team for many years to come. Even though injury ruled him out for the majority of the tournament, he scored twice as Nigeria claimed victory in the 2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup in the UAE.

However, since moving to England, it has failed to come together for the former Granada man. In October 2017, it was reported he has been arrested after an unseemly escapade with prostitutes in a London hotel. He has also been manifestly overweight for much of his time with the Hornets, and has as such struggled with injuries despite brief flashes of promise.

He is another who, according to Manu Garba, had all the tools to be a success as a professional. The coach, however, alluded to some possible reasons for his struggles.

“He’s one of the players we knew that, given the right environment and discipline, if he was focused enough not to have any issues with his personal life, I believe he would have been one of the players to have made it. Because he is a ball carrier, very strong, very aggressive and he can shoot too.”

Kelechi Nwakali]

It may seem premature to include Nwakali here, but for a player who has been hailed as the future of the Super Eagles midfield, the 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup Golden Ball winner seems to have stayed in one spot for the last four years.

Following his exploits in Chile, where he drove the Golden Eaglets to retain the title they had won two years earlier, he inked a deal with Premier League giants Arsenal. While work permit issues proved a hindrance in the early going, it seemed only a matter of time before he would prove his level out on loan, satisfy the requirements, and blossom into the player everyone had decided he would be.

The reality has been very different: a lack of consistency plagued Nwakali through his loan spells, and he was eventually let go by Arsenal in the summer. The desperate attempts to jumpstart his career via the national U-23 team backfired spectacularly as Nigeria failed to qualify for the 2020 Olympics, and a reported move to Huesca seems murky.

Imoh Ezekiel

There was a time when it seemed the Lagos-born forward would be in the middle of a tug-of-war between Nigeria and Belgium.

His very first season in the Jupiler League made it clear a player of immense potential had been unearthed. He scored 14 times and laid on a further five goals in 22 appearances in the regular season for Standard Liege, before powering them to the Europa League by recording three assists in a 7-0 pounding of Gent in the play-off.

The following season, he backed it up with a combined 18 goal contributions in 29 matches, and was unlucky to be left out of Nigeria’s squad for the 2014 World Cup.

What followed was one of the most difficult to understand transfer decisions: with a number of deals on the table and just shy of 21, Ezekiel opted for a move to Qatari side Al-Arabi.

He only spent six months in the Gulf before returning to Standard Liege, and then Anderlecht on loan. However, all of his momentum seemed to completely dissipate.

He gave a brief glimpse of what might have been, starring at the 2016 Olympics as Nigeria claimed bronze, but never quite hit the heights again. He now turns out for Belgian side Kortrijk.

They all no doubt ably and aptly qualify to be dubed as 'Nigeria’s biggest unfulfilled talents of the decade'
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:20pm On Dec 31, 2019
Kbs468:

They all no doubt ably and aptly qualify to be dubed as 'Nigeria’s biggest unfulfilled talents of the decade'

Chidi Nwakali, Musa Mohammed and Dele Alampasu should also make that list

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 9:34pm On Dec 31, 2019
Klopp eager to sign £60million forward for Liverpool – Report
December 31, 2019 News Desk 0 Comments newsnow, Osimhen

In the past couple of weeks, Liverpool have been linked with Nigerian international Victor Osimhen and the latest reports seem intriguing.

According to an exclusive story covered by The Express, the European Champions are stepping up their interest to hire the services of the 21-year-old center forward.

News – Report – Liverpool could move to sign “exciting talent” in January – Face competition

The renowned British news source have revealed that Jurgen Klopp is eager to sign the striker, who has been in impressive form for Lille in the current campaign.

So far, in 16 Ligue 1 starts this term, the African forward has directly contributed in 14 goals (10 goals and 4 assists). Overall, the youngster has netted 13 goals in 24 appearances since joining the French club in the summer transfer window (Transfermarkt).

Osimhen was voted as the African Young Player of the Year in 2015 after helping Nigeria win the U-17 World Cup. In that competition, he won the Golden Boot award by scoring 10 goals in just 7 appearances for his country.

He made his senior international debut back in 2017 and so far, in 8 appearances, the former Charleroi forward has scored 4 goals and provided 2 assists for the Super Eagles.

His current contract with Lille will expire in 2024 and as far as his price tag is confirmed, a fee of around 70 million euros (£60million) has been touted (RMC Sport). Club president Gerard Lopez is not looking to sell his prized asset in the winter transfer window.

We have two world class African wingers in the form of Salah and Mane in our offense. The arrival of Osimhen would allow Klopp to start an all African attack.

Nevertheless, for now, Firmino is our No.9 and the Brazilian international is irreplaceable at Anfield. On the other hand, we have got Origi in the backup and the Belgian international has proved to be highly important for us, especially in the past 12 months.

Have your say – Should Klopp splash £60million to sign Victor Osimhen for Liverpool?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:37pm On Dec 31, 2019
tbaba1234:
[b]Nigeria’s biggest unfulfilled talents of the decade

Missed Musa Yahaya
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 9:41pm On Dec 31, 2019
ChrisKels:

Chidi Nwakali, Musa Mohammed and Dele Alampasu should also make that list
Well said but sometimes, All what players needed is Luck

Because with Luck, irrespective of output, regular featuring would always ultimately lead to improvement thereby raising their display profile and probably ratings and rankings.

Unfortunately, they are still where they are years back
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 9:49pm On Dec 31, 2019
Chelsea fans, Would you still be proud of Your club after reading the below?

Chelsea Team Of The Decade Revealed : Mikel, Moses Outvoted; Babayaro Not Acknowledged

Chelsea have revealed their Team of the Decade that comes to an end today, with three former Nigeria internationals missing out.

Former Super Eagles captain John Obi Mikel had been included on an 11-man shortlist along with current Chelsea boss Frank Lampard, N'Golo Kante, Cesc Fabregas, Ramires, Oscar, Jorginho, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Michael Essien, Mateo Kovacic and Nemanja Matic for three midfield positions.

Essien, Kante and Lampard were the three central midfielders selected by Chelsea supporters.

As for the first winger role, current Blues player Victor Moses was outvoted by one of the most talented players to grace the Premier League, Belgium captain Eden Hazard.

Celestine Babayaro, who won three Cups during his time at Chelsea, was surprisingly not nominated for the left-back position.

The three candidates were Ashley Cole, Ryan Bertrand and Marcos Alonso.

Chelsea Team Of The Decade (4-3-3 Formation) : Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole; Essien, Kante, Lampard; Willian, Drogba, Hazard

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=34815

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:34pm On Dec 31, 2019
Kbs468:

That is how they roll at the NFF.

When the Government wants to hold them accountable for funds received from the various mentioned outlets, they scream interference and call upon the Equally corrupt FIFA for protection

Yet they can't do without Government subventions and budgets.

Let them go ahead and destroy the only functional Team of Nigeria in the SUPER EAGLES by boycotting the world cup qualifiers intentionally because of the remaining peanuts compared to the unaccountable amounts received.

I didn't know you equally listened to today's program too as being broadcast.

Let me copy do4luv14 for what he has to say about the above because he loves crucifying me for mentioning the program and the call for listening ears to the radio station

You must have some stake in this issue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 10:54pm On Dec 31, 2019
Happy new year from dubayy...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 10:55pm On Dec 31, 2019
Subzero047:

You must have some stake in this issue
No particular stake Brother but just pure patriotism and Zero tolerance for corruption in truth.

Imagine the former Minister of sports-Solomon Dalung saying that the NFF usually gives about #200 Million to each and every New Minister of sports in the country.

What for?

And when the Minister's phone number- Sunday Dare was dialled on different occasions in order to ascertain the truth, he refused to pick his call
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 10:57pm On Dec 31, 2019
kellycute:
Happy new year from dubayy...
Happy New year but still left with 1hr 3 minutes here in Nigeria though
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 11:04pm On Dec 31, 2019
Pinnick: NFF Will Focus On Qualifiers, Youth Programmes In 2020

December 31, 2019 4:40 pm

The hard focus of the Nigeria Football Federation in the year 2020 will be on the various qualifying matches for major competitions as well as youth and grassroots development programs, according to President of the NFF, Mr. Amaju Melvin Pinnick.

Pinnick made it known on Tuesday that the football –governing body will set much store by the qualifying campaigns of the Super Eagles for the 2022 FIFA World Cup and 2021 Africa Cup of Nations, as well as the qualifiers of the Super Falcons for the 12th edition of the Women Africa Cup of Nations, and those of the U17 girls and U20 girls for their different FIFA World Cup finals.

“We are also determined to concentrate much effort and resources on youth development programmes, including but not limited to the NFF/Zenith Bank Future Eagles Programme.

It is important that we continue to churn out quality talents and work hard to nurture them to excellent products who will then fit into the age-grade National Teams and bring honour to the nation at various championships.

“As we have made known, teams representing Nigeria in international matches and competitions will be told in no uncertain terms that they are expected to win, not just participate. The era of simply being there to participate is long gone.”

The draw for the qualifying campaign of the 2022 FIFA World Cup finals will be conducted in Egypt in January 2020, with 10 groups of four teams each that will produce only the winner from each group advancing to a fierce, five home-and-away battles which will eventually produce Africa’s flagbearers in Qatar.

Already, the Super Eagles are in command of their pool in the qualifying race for the 33rd Africa Cup of Nations finals in year 2021, with two wins out of two against Benin Republic and Lesotho last month.

Second –placed Benin Republic are three points adrift, with the race set to resume in August 2020.

Nigeria took the bronze medals after finishing third among the 24 participating teams in the biggest –ever Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt this year summer.

Nine –time African champions, Super Falcons also have a qualifying round to negotiate before heading to the finals of the Women Africa Cup of Nations to defend the crown they taken consecutively between 2014 and 2018.

The U20 girls, Falconets and the U17 girls, Flamingos have qualifying matches for their different FIFA World Cup competitions already set. The 2020 FIFA U20 Women’s World Cup finals will be co-hosted by Costa Rica and Panama, while India will host the FIFA U17 Women’s World Cup finals.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8070) (8071) (8072) (8073) (8074) (8075) (8076) ... (16413) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Christinu2, Giv3n and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.