Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,829 members, 7,915,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 09:43 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12215532 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8128) (8129) (8130) (8131) (8132) (8133) (8134) ... (16498) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 8:53am On Jan 09, 2020
kendrick93:
Calm down bro.
he hasn't even even been as good as Nicholas Pepe was for Lille..... where is the Nicholas Pepe today?

Wetin concern me with Nicholas Pepe Are they brothers or cousins??
Please let this sink in......i ain't calming down because this is just the beginning. You've not see anything yet. He will keep banging goals, pls take your purple patch somewhere else.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hardeycute(m): 8:54am On Jan 09, 2020
kellycute:
the same way you are flopping in all your endeavor? Na question I ask u.
This is one of the reasons why most of you guys here are usually irrational with your submissions here, you allow sentiments and patriotism to becloud your sense of reasoning.

Do you have family ties with Iheanacho or Osimhen? I can also go dirty with you but I stop doing that long ago, this is a faceless forum.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:01am On Jan 09, 2020
[quote author=TheSuperNerd post=85629747]Meanwhile... Don't know if it has been shared here but.... Yeah. Now official. Etebo in La LIGA... Getafe excited to have him.

We will see the best of Etebo in the Getafe shirt. He will take them to the next level.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 09, 2020
Danielnino00:

U lie!

Its just a banter...

If u are looking for the most toxic fans in the world, look no further than arsenal..

Liverpool is up there

and It's no banter
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:22am On Jan 09, 2020
kendrick93:
Calm down bro.
he hasn't even even been as good as Nicholas Pepe was for Lille..... where is the Nicholas Pepe today?

What is the correlation? two different players..

Besides, Osimhen is doing as well as Pepe did last season in his first season. Their goal return per game is exactly the same. WIth fewer penalties, i might add.

No need to underrate Osimhen to drive a point.

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:22am On Jan 09, 2020
kendrick93:
Calm down bro.
Penalty Pepe? Lol

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:26am On Jan 09, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
Nice one from Nacho but he needs to focus on getting lighter and maintaining a fantastic trim body in his coming years.

The League of Extraordinary Hitmen is still alive and growing.

The League of the Extraordinary Hitmen.... Hahahahahahahaha.... With Osimhen, Nacho, Chukwueze, Kalu... And couple more like Bonaventure, Maja, Ejuke, Dessers, a revived Onyekuru, etc all coming in.... Oh there's an Earthquake coming. A big scale Earthquake.

We are the new rising awesomes.... Hehehehehe....

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:27am On Jan 09, 2020
safarigirl:
Penalty Pepe? Lol

Pepe scored a whooping 9 goals from the spot. Osimhen has just 1 from the spot.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:04am On Jan 09, 2020
[quote author=BascoVanVeli post=85635971][/quote]

He will take dem to d next level...is ETEBO APC? grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:05am On Jan 09, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
Brendan Rodgers talks up Leicester striker Kelechi Iheanacho after vital goal

Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers believes Kelechi Iheanacho is finally proving his worth after netting the equaliser against Aston Villa.

“He’s a big talent,” Rodgers said. “He didn’t play a lot of football at Manchester City and it takes a bit of time to adapt.
“But since I’ve come in his confidence has grown and grown and we believe in him and believe in his talent and this season he has really come to the fore.

“He works so hard every day. He’s either making a goal or scoring a goal now and he works so hard in his pressing game. He was a threat when he came on tonight and I’m delighted for him.

“It was a great finish. He’s been so important for us. You see his confidence all the time whether he starts or comes into the game, and that’s the beauty of him now – he is making an impact in games.”

Iheanacho’s second-half goal cancelled out Frederic Guilbert’s 28th-minute opener and left the second leg at Villa Park on January 28 delicately poised.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/brendan-rodgers-talks-leicester-striker-kelechi-iheanacho-after-vital-goal

Na so we go hear finish. Next EPL game now him no go make match day squad. Some of these coaches sef undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 10:10am On Jan 09, 2020
Pepe kor, morufu ni

We talking about best young striker in the world Osihmen, someone be saying another thing...

I watched pepe against man united, and there is no way in this Earth the guys worth 70 mil, I saw a player on par with adama traore...

Pepe kor, salami ni... Abeg

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:24am On Jan 09, 2020
elyte89:

Elyte ooooooo...... My Belle ooooo..... Chaaaiii... Lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:38am On Jan 09, 2020
kendrick93:
Calm down bro.
yes Victor is still coming up but comparing him to Nicholas further buttresses the point of how good Victor is.

I hope you know that it was just last season Nicholas had a breakout performance scoring 22 goals out of which I think 8 of those were penalties where as Victor who has now scored 14 goals with only one coming from the penalty spot and this is just barely half of the season.

Victor's good performance has attracted attention of giants like Real Madrid Chelsea Barca to mention a few so it's not just Nigerians unnecessarily hyping their own. However I agree totally that Victor needs to maintain his level of consistency and even do more if he is to be considered an emerging world class Talent.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:42am On Jan 09, 2020
Championship outfit Derby County are exploring ways to sign London-born Nigerian youngster Tariq Uwakwe, according to reports.

The Sun UK says The Rams are prepared to take Uwakwe on loan for the remainder of the 2019-2020 season.

Although the left-footed midfielder has yet to make his professional debut for The Blues, he is considered one of the top talents at the academy and was invited to train with the first team by former manager, Maurizio Sarri before a Premier League match against Tottenham Hotspur in February 2019.

Derby County have done transfer business with Chelsea in recent seasons, with Fikayo Tomori and Mason Mount spending the whole of the 2018-2019 campaign on loan at the club, before they were promoted to Chelsea's first team upon their return to Stamford Bridge.

Uwakwe is desperate for first team football and was offered to French club Lyon last summer but nothing came out of it.

He later ended speculation about his future after penning a three-year contract with Chelsea in the close season.

Uwakwe originally joined Chelsea as an U9 and has progressed through the age groups at the Academy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 10:44am On Jan 09, 2020
daveP:
women sha

Fear, Jealousy, Deception and fake fandom

Chai. Perpetual fall my hand big time.
Na their way oooooo

But has Mo sallah done anything related to her Post?

In order to squash the snubbing claim of not attending the awards in Egypt?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 10:55am On Jan 09, 2020
ChrisKels:
I don't know if this has been posted here before, but, here is why Real Madrid wants to sign GoalSimhen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoMYItDH8AI

if this boy want to be the best , he should go and beat the best ...I want him in Madrid ... Benzema will be 33 this year ...NO OTHER STRIKER IN MADRID IS BETTER THAN HIM .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:01am On Jan 09, 2020
Throwback Thursday series: WMD, Obafemi Martins

From @inter_en:

BOMBER. Throwback to when Martins became known as the Weapon of Mass Destruction and was at one time the deadliest striker in the Serie A and in the world based on goals/mins ratio.

Check out all of the goals from "Oba Oba" Martins in the latest episode of our Bomber series below:

https://twitter.com/Inter_en/status/1215003041658744834?s=19

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by groundnutoil(m): 11:10am On Jan 09, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

The League of the Extraordinary Hitmen.... Hahahahahahahaha.... With Osimhen, Nacho, Chukwueze.... And couple more like Bonaventure, Maja, Ejuke, Dessers, a revived Onyekuru, etc all coming in.... Oh there's an Earthquake coming. A big scale Earthquake.

We are the new rising awesomes.... Hehehehehe....
you guys overate this young stars thinking most of the would be an.mabppe or messi
make Una try cut down the expectations abeg
d hype around Dem on this thread dn d too much

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:13am On Jan 09, 2020
lexyman:

if this boy want to be the best , he should go and beat the best ...I want him in Madrid ... Benzema will be 33 this year ...NO OTHER STRIKER IN MADRID IS BETTER THAN HIM .

You want him in Madrid when Zidane is still there abi ?

Hope you are seeing what’s happening to jovic ?

Even if benzema is 37 Zidane won’t bench him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:14am On Jan 09, 2020
Which hype re u talking about? Players been appreciated for their good performances is no hype. No be only groundnut oil na engine oil cheesy
groundnutoil:
you guys overate this young stars thinking most of the would be an.mabppe or messi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:14am On Jan 09, 2020
Kbs468:

Na their way oooooo

But has Mo sallah done anything related to her Post?

In order to squash the snubbing claim of not attending the awards in Egypt?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:17am On Jan 09, 2020
Oga if the Madrid offer comes he should grab it. Osimhen is young and one for the future while benzi is close to his mid thirties.

Madrid is rebuilding which is the reason they re investing heavily on younger players. A chance of playing for Madrid is once in a life time opportunity and if it comes he should grab it
andrewbaba44:

You want him in Madrid when Zidane is still there abi ?

Hope you are seeing what’s happening to jovic ?

Even if benzema is 37 Zidane won’t bench him

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:21am On Jan 09, 2020
elyte89:

grin chai I actually missed that grin

This is not the APC next level ooo grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:22am On Jan 09, 2020
charlesemeka85:
Oga if the Madrid offer comes he should grab it. Osimhen is young and one for the future while benzi is close to his mid thirties.

Madrid is rebuilding which is the reason they re investing heavily on younger players. A chance of playing for Madrid is once in a life time opportunity and if it comes he should grab it

Okay ooo

We are all seeing what’s happening to jovic because of benzema ,this is a kid that did so well in the bundesliga just as what victor is doing in Ligue 1

I rest my case and hope for the best in any move he makes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:23am On Jan 09, 2020
Oba fury! I really loved this guy then. Very explosive baller and too hot to handle
TheSuperNerd:
Throwback Thursday series: WMD, Obafemi Martins

From @inter_en:

BOMBER. Throwback to when Martins became known as the Weapon of Mass Destruction and was at one time the deadliest striker in the Serie A and in the world based on goals/mins ratio.

Check out all of the goals from "Oba Oba" Martins in the latest episode of our Bomber series below:

https://twitter.com/Inter_en/status/1215003041658744834?s=19
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:25am On Jan 09, 2020
Oga destiny differs, jovic is hugging the bench doesn't mean such will be osimhen's case if he joins Madrid.
andrewbaba44:

Okay ooo

We are all seeing what’s happening to jovic because of benzema ,this is a kid that did so well in the bundesliga just as what victor is doing in Ligue 1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:27am On Jan 09, 2020
The little chance jovic hv had this season what has he done with it?

Iheanacho is suffering the same as jovic but whenever he is called upon he utilizes the little time given to him. Doing such gives a coach the belief to hand more playing time to that particular player.

Hv seen jovic play for Madrid and he looks timid and lost.
andrewbaba44:

Okay ooo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:30am On Jan 09, 2020
groundnutoil:

Tell that to Ligue 1 media on Osimhen and to La LIGA media on Chukwueze.... Tell that also to the likes of Gary Lineker, and others in the British media on the obvious long known super talents of Nacho.
If you are scared to speak out on the obviously huge potentials of our young lads, then it is fine. Just allow us, the bold ones, do the talking afterall we no dey do am with your mouth, data or fingers.... grin

And talking up the positive potentials of a player is not gonna affect their progress. Those with strong mentality will keep soaring and not let the fair praises get to their head... and a good positive feedback on a player of high yield potentials never hurts anyone. Merci.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:32am On Jan 09, 2020
charlesemeka85:
The little chance jovic hv had this season what has he done with it?

Iheanacho is suffering the same as jovic but whenever he is called upon he utilizes the little time given to him. Doing such gives a coach the belief to hand more playing time to that particular player.

Hv seen jovic play for Madrid and he looks timid and lost.

What little chance ?

From the 12 laliga games how many did he even start ?

What are you even saying self ,go and check his minutes and see for your self
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:32am On Jan 09, 2020
Lol shallow minded fellows
TheSuperNerd:

Tell that to Ligue 1 media on Osimhen and to La LIGA media on Chukwueze.... Tell that also to the likes of Gary Lineker, and others in the British media on the obvious long known super talents of Nacho.
If you are scared to speak out on the obviously huge potentials of our young lads, then it is fine. Just allow us, the bold ones, do the talking afterall we no dey do am with your mouth, data or fingers.... grin

And talking up the positive potentials of a player is not gonna affect their progress. Those with strong mentality will keep soaring and not let it fair praises get to their head... and a good positive feedback on a player of high yield potentials never hurts anyone. Merci.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:33am On Jan 09, 2020
How many games hv Iheanacho started for Leicester and what's his stats like?
andrewbaba44:

What little chance ?

From the 12 laliga games how many did he even start ?

What are you even saying self ,go and check his minutes and see for your self
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:34am On Jan 09, 2020
charlesemeka85:
Oga destiny differs, jovic is hugging the bench doesn't mean such will be osimhen's case if he joins Madrid.

Osimhen will not bench benzema as far as Zidane is the coach ,Na me talk am

Maybe if another coach is there then he might start

I will not speak of Barca ,there are still few of you that will say he will bench Suárez

(1) (2) (3) ... (8128) (8129) (8130) (8131) (8132) (8133) (8134) ... (16498) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: etebefia, poshemmanuel(m), Hanibal(m), elyte89, AndSunGorilla, lovewins, Marjoribanks, kellycute(m), JohnBullMySon, fyinka47(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.