Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,822 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:30 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12030201 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8151) (8152) (8153) (8154) (8155) (8156) (8157) ... (16410) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:24pm On Jan 12, 2020
ChrisKels:
Jokes aside, bro what's ur take on the reported imminent announcement of Xavi as our new coach?

Sir Andrew

Broda i no trust that xavi abeg

No be everybody go do zidane or guardiola

But lets be hopeful
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:25pm On Jan 12, 2020
Kbs468:

Sorry

Did he finally played as a #9?

If Yes, how did he fare please but one thing is for sure,

No aerial duel shall be won as a striker though cheesy
Aerial duel....Lolz... but if e no fit win am, he will vex use muscle.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 3:26pm On Jan 12, 2020
I meant this is not the first time he will be playing 9 for them. In some part of the second half he does play as 9 in some games. But today is the first time he will be starting as 9.
Kbs468:

Yes I know it's not the first time playing for the club but playing as a#9 is my reference point as postulated by TheSuperNerd
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:28pm On Jan 12, 2020
ChrisKels:
Jokes aside, bro what's ur take on the reported imminent announcement of Xavi as our new coach?

Sir Andrew
sorry for putting my mouth o
That Xavi appointment is a risky one especially when you consider he will be coaching some of his former teammates. I think his success will be determined by how Messi and pique react to his managerial appointment.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 3:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
The coach and captain voted Oshoala as African best! So what's your point exactly?
BascoVanVeli:

Thank god you didn't say one was an award and the other one wasn't. Or is it illegal to vote Oshoala for world best? I am like this, if you don't want to go all the way, don't go at all. Since you want our journalists to remove their brains and vote with their hearts why not ask the same from our coaches and captains?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 3:32pm On Jan 12, 2020
Eyinmba is having a very good game. The goalkeeper is very good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 3:32pm On Jan 12, 2020
Football

NFF hits back at late Isaac Promise’s family
By Editor

12 January 2020 | 3:09 am

The Nigeria Football Federation says it has refrained from responding to the cacophony of falsehood and misrepresentation over its absence or otherwise from the final funeral rites of former Nigerian international, Isaac Promise because it was most concerned with the safety and well –being of his immediate family.

NFF’s Director of Communications, Ademola Olajire reiterated yesterday that the Federation had always, is presently and will always show concern on issues that affect Nigerian players (active, retired or departed), and has without recourse to noise and grandstanding, done its part for the immediate family of late Isaac Promise.

“The NFF has been in regular contact with, and has offered support to late Isaac Promise’s wife and children. When the player died in the United States of America, the NFF immediately contacted the club and we were assured of the responsibilities of the club, which included flying his remains to Nigeria.

“However, some of his siblings outrightly expected the NFF to foot the entire bill of his burial, which we told them was not possible. The NFF offered to foot part of the bill for the burial but from that moment, they were not happy with the Federation.”

Olajire disclosed that the NFF President, Mr. Amaju Melvin Pinnick, was also in contact with the Executive Chairman of the Imo State Sports Commission, Mr. Fan Ndubuoke and the Chairman of the Imo State Football Association, Mazi Amanze Uchegbulam to help make peace in the late player’s family as the siblings were at daggers drawn with his wife and children.

“We know what we have done and still ready to do for the immediate family without joining in the debate going on in sections of the media.

“The NFF President has approved a sum of money to be paid to the immediate family and that money will be sent to his wife in the next few days.

”On her part, the wife of late Isaac Promise has commended the NFF for its efforts since the passing on of her husband, who captained the Nigeria U20 team to runner-up position at the FIFA U20 World Cup in The Netherlands in 2005, and was also a key member of the U23 team that won silver medal in the Men’s Football Tournament of the 2008 Olympics in China.

Mrs Kate Promise expressed surprise at the negative stories in sections of the media, while confirming that the NFF President indeed mandated Mr. Ndubuoke and Mazi Uchegbulam to broker between her in-laws and herself.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:37pm On Jan 12, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Well, not watching it but I have these... Enyimba leads 3-0 now...

Andrew Abalogu, Victor Mbaoma and Cyril Olisema all on the Scoresheet....
Na only when Enyimba see small club dem dey flex muscle. Play Al Ahly now, dem go dey play like jittery goat about to be slaughter.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 3:39pm On Jan 12, 2020
4-0 now!
mostob:
Na only when Enyimba see small club dem dey flex muscle. Play Al Ahly now, dem go dey play like jittery goat about to be slaughter.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 3:41pm On Jan 12, 2020
Aina having a grade A game for Torino.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 3:42pm On Jan 12, 2020
Former Aston Villa Forward Who Turned Down Super Eagles Recommends Ndidi To Arsenal

Super Eagles midfielder Wilfred Ndidi will be a good fit for Arsenal as a perfect replacement for Lucas Torreira who pulled up with a muscle injury in Saturday's 1-1 draw against Crystal Palace at the Selhurst Park according to former Aston Villa forward Gabriel Agbolonhalor.

Ndidi is himself down with a minor injury and is expected to be out until February.

Agbolanhor born of Nigerian parents refused to play for his fatherland when the Nigeria Football Federation wanted to have him play for the Super Eagles.

In quotes carried by the Daily Star making reference to Stadium Astro, a programme in the UK that covers international sports events like the English Premier League and other international competitions, Agbolanhor said of the Uruguayan:

"I don't think he's the player that's going to take Arsenal to that next step. Arteta will look at him and think he can do a job now.

"But when the summer comes he may be looking for someone with more legs, someone better. He's good for now but I think that's because Arteta can't buy any players in January.

"For the players available, I think Torreira's the best option he's got."

Ndidi has played 20 English Premier League matches this season, one more than the Arsenal midfield maestro.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:43pm On Jan 12, 2020
mostob:

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 3:45pm On Jan 12, 2020
bossto:
Birds of feather........!!!

E-warrior.

Easy ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:58pm On Jan 12, 2020
Henry Onyekuru has been admitted in hospital for suspected malaria and so has missed Galatasaray’s preparations for the second round of the Turkish Super Lig.

A top source informed SCORENigeria that Onyekuru, who is set for another loan spell at the Turkish champions, missed Friday’s friendly against Altay as a result.

Gala are training in Antalya preparatory to the resumption of the Turkish top-flight league by next weekend.

They are banking on the likes of Onyekuru to lift them from seventh place on the table.

They are also 10 points behind leaders Sivasspor.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:00pm On Jan 12, 2020
safarigirl:
Oshoala and Osasu have not been on good terms for years, obviously, Osasu was not going to vote someone he is beefing.

Perpetua did not want someone to overtake her record, so, she did her part in ensuring she retains her title.

Chisom has her own reasons, even though unlike Osasu, she has towed the wiser path and remained mute.

Whether they voted for Oshoala or not, she don win and that is all that matters. It is petty to keep dragging an issue that changes nothing. Next year, dem go still vote against the Nigerians and nothing will happen.

so you support the actions of this 3 foolish folks
sorry to say i think they're 5

they've this opportunity to where they are today because Nigeria gave them the platform and being Nigerians is the privilege they've got to vote in an August meeting like this.....

if Nigerians and Nigeria as a country could give you this opportunity why deprive another Nigerian from using same podium to the top....

you think psychologically this is an easy thing for Assisat to swallow? ??

your own refuse you even the NFF? ?

this folks has gone to reveal themselves as enemies of our football progress..... if those at home or from the country cannot support or rally round this players then of what need is the call of patriotism we demand from this players...because those in the helm of affairs don't want them to progress

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 4:00pm On Jan 12, 2020
Enyimba won 4 nil.
Dimgba got a Hattrick.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 4:00pm On Jan 12, 2020
Enyimba win 4-1
They are now second in their group. Hopefully they can keep up the momentum and qualify for the next round.

Rangers will play later today. They are currently third and are yet to win a game in this group.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 4:00pm On Jan 12, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
William Troost Ekong vs Sassuolo...

90 mins played.
77.3 % passing accuracy (Best among Udinese's defenders).
36 touches.
3 Aerials won.
2 tackles won.
1 key pass.

A clean sheet. Udinese jumps to 11th on the Serie A table.

#RockSolid #Composed.
this guy will move to a top team soon enough... I wish I could watch him easily for epl sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 4:01pm On Jan 12, 2020
Curtisaxel7:

NPFL superstars doing what they know best- cashing out as soon as possible.
before nko brother, na only wahrah man go stay play for naija league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:02pm On Jan 12, 2020
mostob:
sorry for putting my mouth o
That Xavi appointment is a risky one especially when you consider he will be coaching some of his former teammates. I think his success will be determined by how Messi and pique react to his managerial appointment.

You have a point

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 4:03pm On Jan 12, 2020
Humility017:

they've this opportunity to where they are today because Nigeria gave them the platform and being Nigerians is the privilege they've got to vote in an August meeting like this.....

if Nigerians and Nigeria as a country could give you this opportunity why deprive another Nigeria from using same podium to the top....

Always read very carefully to understand a post before jumping on it!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:05pm On Jan 12, 2020
fabyom:

Always read very carefully to understand a post before jumping on it!

oga i just don't wanna talk rash at you this afternoon....

because sense should have briefed you that inside that reply I made my points too....

okay now you can give that advise back to yourself pls

you've no idea of how pissed I am a whole nff tech. didn't vote her... even when s mother is not too pleased with her child she will stil support the child and always wish her child the best.

I am going to do this on pinnick and nff Facebook and Twitter page it is a sign of irresponsibility...they really need apologize to the small girl
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 4:07pm On Jan 12, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Olanrenwaju Kayode scored the only goal (a penalty) which turned out to be the winning goal for his side Gaziantep Gazisehir as they beat Budapest Honved in a club friendly.

Kayode just won't stop scoring. grin
Nigerians always supporting one another, olanrewaju probably knew I played the game for bet9ja and helped me score so I can win small money... 15 more goals this season and we would dial rohr number 4 u...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:07pm On Jan 12, 2020
Moses Simon with a beautiful touch, short movement and creative pass for Nantes' second goal.

Brilliant assist from Simon.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 4:11pm On Jan 12, 2020
I will leave you to your foolery. I take my advise back.
Humility017:

oga i just don't wanna talk rash at you this afternoon....

because sense should have briefed you that inside that reply I made my points too....

okay now you can give that advise back to yourself pls
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 4:12pm On Jan 12, 2020
Chima Akas on the bench for Belenenses!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 4:13pm On Jan 12, 2020
st etienne - nantes

Why is the stadium empty ?
No single spectator undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:14pm On Jan 12, 2020
Humility017:

if Nigerians and Nigeria as a country could give you this opportunity why deprive another Nigerian from using same podium to the top....

this folks has gone to reveal themselves as enemies of our football progress..... if those at home or from the country cannot support or rally round this players then of what need is the call of patriotism we demand from this players...because those in the helm of affairs don't want them to progress

I don't know where you read that I supported the action.

And you really don't know anyone's story for you to say Nigeria gave them a platform. Just because they happen to be Nigeria's reps does not mean they did not work for the platform, neither should you be saying that by virtue of being Nigerians, they should just go and vote the Nigerian automatically.

It is their choice finally, and just to show you how much the platform is theirs, nobody can recall them just because they did not vote for Oshoala. It is a FIFA-approved committee. Osasu, Chisom and Perpetua are not under NFF.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:14pm On Jan 12, 2020
fabyom:
I will leave you to your foolery. I take my advise back.

Mr. wise man...

please I don't wanna toil this line today....please.

you don't know me.... so ascribing a foolery to someone you don't even know and also our thought process differs because we don't think in same direction in this matter is not a wisdom.

I was even thinking of apologising to u for my harsh response and here you are revealing yourself...

please go with your advise, you can give it to the 5 folks who went there to waste their votes...they need the advise more
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:16pm On Jan 12, 2020
Victor Osimhen Starts his and Lille's first Ligue 1 game of 2020.

He looks good to go....

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:23pm On Jan 12, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Moses Simon with a beautiful touch, short movement and creative pass for Nantes' second goal.

Brilliant assist from Simon.
I thought he was playing #9

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:25pm On Jan 12, 2020
Starboytwo:
Nigerians always supporting one another, olanrewaju probably knew I played the game for bet9ja and helped me score so I can win small money... 15 more goals this season and we would dial rohr number 4 u...

lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (8151) (8152) (8153) (8154) (8155) (8156) (8157) ... (16410) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.