Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,949 members, 7,915,754 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 09:58 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (836) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12217916 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) (838) (839) ... (16499) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by poshemmanuel(m): 9:21pm On Apr 22, 2017
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:24pm On Apr 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

What makes him more complete than Clichy? Does he defend better? No. Does he dribble better? No. Is Trippier faster? No. Does he cross better? No. So what is the complete player?

Clichy can't get up and down the flanks like he used to. We all know he was a top player but right now he has lost a step or two. Trippier's only problem is that he plays behind Walker but he is a top player, today the coach kept him on with Walker on the field. He has more assists in way less matches than Clichy. Right now i rate him higher.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:29pm On Apr 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Gabriel Jesus is keeping Firmino, a regular forward for Liverpool on the bench in the Brazilian National team. Alli is having an easy ride. Let Nacho keep working hard. Game time will come.

I see you always make this point about Jesus being ahead of Firmino for Brazil.

Truth is that it has nothing to do with Jesus being better than Firmino but it's just a matter of perception. Brazilians don't consider Firmino high profile enough being that he was not a household name while he played in Brazil.
It has nothing to do with abilities of both players.

I forsee Firmino leading the Brazilian charge in Russia next year ahead of Jesus. Firmino is the better all round player in my opinion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:46pm On Apr 22, 2017
poshemmanuel:

compare nacho under pellegrini and nacho under guardiola, you will see the difference.Guardiola is not improving nacho I really expected much from guardiola to upgrade nacho especially taking on players with ease ,young and agile players like nacho should be doing that
that's the reason his not getting game time because you know nacho does not need many chances to score a goal.if nacho can upgrade on that he will explode like a bomb!

Nacho is having difficulty getting playing time. That can not be used as a not improving reason for Nacho.

There are factors against Nacho but there are two most important reasons why Nacho is not playing regularly.

1. Competition of players ahead of Nacho. Aguero who is a Super player and the Brazilian No. 9 player, Gabriel Jesus.

2. Guardiola insisting on a one striker system. Pellegrini played a two strikers system. That was why Iheanacho got chances. That does not mean not improving.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:50pm On Apr 22, 2017
goldfish80:

Truth is that it has nothing to do with Jesus being better than Firmino but it's just a matter of perception. Brazilians don't consider Firmino high profile enough being that he was not a household name while he played in Brazil.

I forsee Firmino leading the Brazilian charge in Russia next year ahead of Jesus. Firmino is the better all round player in my opinion.

From what I have seen so far, if you want a player who does more for the team when it comes to dropping deep to help build up plays and also help win balls, Gabriel Jesus is ahead.

Although they are similar in style, we can not deny the fluidity of Gabriel Jesus and his ability to interchange passes in midfield.

That is why I see him ahead of Firmino in the National team and he has not done badly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:54pm On Apr 22, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Clichy can't get up and down the flanks like he used to. We all know he was a top player but right now he has lost a step or two. Trippier's only problem is that he plays behind Walker but he is a top player, today the coach kept him on with Walker on the field. He has more assists in way less matches than Clichy. Right now i rate him higher.
You have not watched Clichy lately. He flies up ad down the flanks with ease.

You rate him higher but that does not mean he is a better player. I listed attributes that makes Clichy better than Trippier. There is no comparison.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:58pm On Apr 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Nacho is having difficulty getting playing time. That can not be used as a not improving reason for Nacho.

There are factors against Nacho but there are two most important reasons why Nacho is not playing regularly.

1. Competition of players ahead of Nacho. Aguero who is a Super player and the Brazilian No. 9 player, Gabriel Jesus.

2. Guardiola insisting on a one striker system. Pellegrini played a two strikers system. That was why Iheanacho got chances. That does not mean not improving.

wait have choose to observe comment since, hav jst been particular about urs , including arguments, one thing i do notice, is that you are always in defence of jst one club, its coach and players,

further more i need you to clarify on KELECHI, is he a STRIKER or an AMF, or SS
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:59pm On Apr 22, 2017
Danny Murphy Backs Victor Moses – He Didn’t Dive, He Was Clever

English Premier League legend Danny Murphy has backed Chelsea wingback Victor Moses following criticism that the Nigerian dived to win a penalty for Chelsea in their 4-2 win over Tottenham Hotspur in the FA Cup semi-final decided at Wembley.

Moses has been roundly criticised by some fans on social media, who are of the opinion that the Nigerian made a meal out of a none existent tackle from Spurs Heung Min Son to win to win the spot kick which put Chelsea 2-1 up.

However former Spurs midfielder who now works as a commentator for the BBC insist that the 26 year old was clever and took advantage of Son’s naivety in sliding into a tackle in his own box.

Murphy called the decision to award the Nigerian a penalty a good call by the referee and even at a time during the game named the Nigerian as his man of the match.

However shortly after the game, he somehow had a change in mind as he gave his man of the match award to Moses’s teammate David Luiz, and also praised two goal hero Willian for his role in the win.

**Michael James

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/22/danny-murphy-backs-victor-moses-he-didnt-dive-he-was-clever/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:00pm On Apr 22, 2017
do4luv14:

wait have choose to observe comment since, hav jst been particular about urs , including arguments, one thing i do notice, is that you are always in defence of jst one club, its coach and players,

further more i need you to clarify on KELECHI, is he a STRIKER or an AMF, or SS

I think the best term is a modern day forward. Not striker in the traditional way. The modern day forwards do more than just strike. A good example is Aguero. He plays as a striker but does more for the team than strike. Another is Alexis Sanchez when he is playing as the top man for Arsenal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:03pm On Apr 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Danny Murphy Backs Victor Moses – He Didn’t Dive, He Was Clever

English Premier League legend Danny Murphy has backed Chelsea wingback Victor Moses following criticism that the Nigerian dived to win a penalty for Chelsea in their 4-2 win over Tottenham Hotspur in the FA Cup semi-final decided at Wembley.

Moses has been roundly criticised by some fans on social media, who are of the opinion that the Nigerian made a meal out of a none existent tackle from Spurs Heung Min Son to win to win the spot kick which put Chelsea 2-1 up.

However former Spurs midfielder who now works as a commentator for the BBC insist that the 26 year old was clever and took advantage of Son’s naivety in sliding into a tackle in his own box.

Murphy called the decision to award the Nigerian a penalty a good call by the referee and even at a time during the game named the Nigerian as his man of the match.

However shortly after the game, he somehow had a change in mind as he gave his man of the match award to Moses’s teammate David Luiz, and also praised two goal hero Willian for his role in the win.

**Michael James

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/22/danny-murphy-backs-victor-moses-he-didnt-dive-he-was-clever/

Poor judgment by Danny Murphy. There is absolutely nothing like Moses was clever. It was an awful call. There is no way in this World that dive would have stood if it was video replay technology.

Victor Moses was on his way down before Son contacted him. That was a clear dive.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:06pm On Apr 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I think the best term is a modern day forward. Not striker in the traditional way. The modern day forwards do more than just strike. A good example is Aguero. He plays as a striker but does more for the team than strike. Another is Alexis Sanchez when he is playing as the top man for Arsenal.

point of correction, your mentions wich you use as an example, are STRIKERS, before, modern or olden, wat i need to know is/was the position of KELECHI
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:06pm On Apr 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

You have not watched Clichy lately. He flies up ad down the flanks with ease.

You rate him higher but that does not mean he is a better player. I listed attributes that makes Clichy better than Trippier. There is no comparison.

Flying where? Out of everything u listed i would agree to only dribbling. Trippier is on the bench because he is behind Walker while Clichy is a starter by default. Will Clichy be a starter for Man city next season?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:06pm On Apr 22, 2017
Southampton Target Onyekuru Strikes Again, Takes Goal Tally To 19 For The Season

Free-scoring Nigerian forward Henry Onyekuru was on target for the fourth consecutive game as his team Eupen threw away a two goal lead to draw 3-3 with Kortijk in the Europa League Play-Off in Belgium.

19 year old Onyekuru who has been heavily linked with a move to a host of clubs in the summer struck in the 13th minute of the game against Kortijk for his 19th goal of the season.

It is the fourth game in a row that the Aspire Academy graduate has found the back of the ner, following his goals against SV Roeselare, Mouscron and Lokeren, a goal run that saw him scored five times as he bagged a brace against SV Roeselare.

As exclusively reported by Owngoalnigeria.com, Southampton will start talks with Eupen over his transfer in the summer, in a bid to wrestle him from the likes of Celtic, West Brom and Borrussia Monchengladbach who are also in for him.

In January Celtic saw a bid of around £1M rejected for his services by Eupen, who are reportedly set to demand a fee as high as £7M in the summer for his transfer.

**Daniel Martins

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/22/southampton-target-onyekuru-strikes-again-takes-goal-tally-to-19-for-the-season/

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:08pm On Apr 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Poor judgment by Danny Murphy. There is absolutely nothing like Moses was clever. It was an awful call. There is no way in this World that dive would have stood if it was video replay technology.

Victor Moses was on his way down before Son contacted him. That was a clear dive.

When u leave ur feet anything can happen. Pure penalty.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:10pm On Apr 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

That is your problem. Playing better is scoring too goals. It is not. It is more about creating good chances. Some times the goals enters. Some times it does not. We played better in both games. The question is, can you watch the match and judge which team is playing better.

Here is an excerpt of Delph.

“We were the better team by far – by a country mile,” said Delph. “But goals win games and we have not managed to score more than them. We’ve got great attacking players and they have been great all season but we fell short. I’m sure the next games they will be more clinical."

It was after that game that I was raving about how impressive Fabian Delph was. Even though we lost and missed chances, I was impressed with our brilliant play.

Bhuuuhah! Manchester City is doing the playing while Chelsea is doing the scoring and winning. grin

That's cool.... grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 10:16pm On Apr 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

From what I have seen so far, if you want a player who does more for the team when it comes to dropping deep to help build up plays and also help win balls, Gabriel Jesus is ahead.

Although they are similar in style, we can not deny the fluidity of Gabriel Jesus and his ability to interchange passes in midfield.

That is why I see him ahead of Firmino in the National team and he has not done badly.

I haven't watched Jesus play for an entire season but from what I saw of him from last year, I don't really think he should be ahead of Firmino.
Firmino's natural position is the no8 or second striker. He did so well in this position at Hoffeinhiem.He even played as am attacking midfielder at times. I wonder how Jesus would be better than him dropping deep given his development at Hoffeinhiem.
Brazilians are very sentimental about their football. That seems to be Firmino's problem.

L iverpool midfielder Roberto Firmino is battling to win over fans back home in Brazil.
Firmino proved the matchwinner at West Brom on Saturday. But he's not as well thought of in his homeland.
South American football expert Tim Vickery told the
BBC's World Football Phone-in : "He's got a problem with the Brazilian public which is that he didn't play for a high-profile, glamourous club before he moved to Europe - he's made his career in Germany.
"Because of the injury to Gabriel Jesus he played for Brazil in the two recent two World Cup qualifiers.
"I think he did very well. He slotted in at centre-forward, was mobile, linked very well with his Liverpool team-mate Philippe Coutinho .
"He's getting some stick from some of the Brazilian pundits.
"I think that is purely and simply because he's not seen as a glamour player.
"He's mobile, he's intelligent, he's got that ability to swivel and play in 360 degrees - but not a high-profile player over here.
"It's someone who needs to keep on doing the business for Liverpool to raise his profile with his home public."
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:17pm On Apr 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Gabriel Jesus is keeping Firmino, a regular forward for Liverpool on the bench in the Brazilian National team. Alli is having an easy ride. Let Nacho keep working hard. Game time will come.
Don't know why you like mentioning this average player called Firmino like he's one fine striker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:27pm On Apr 22, 2017
jihday:
Don't know why you like mentioning this average player called Firmino like he's one fine striker

Firmino average? You need to watch him closely. He is comfortable operating from both wings, have an unbelievable stamina. Great at defending and scores too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:31pm On Apr 22, 2017
goldfish80:

I haven't watched Jesus play for an entire season but from what I saw of him from last year, I don't really think he should be ahead of Firmino.
Firmino's natural position is the no8 or second striker. He did so well in this position at Hoffeinhiem.He even played as am attacking midfielder at times. I wonder how Jesus would be better than him dropping deep given his development at Hoffeinhiem.
Brazilians are very sentimental about their football. That seems to be Firmino's problem.

It was from Firmino I used to understand the importance of playing in a fluid pattern. It makes him difficult to mark. If you watch Gabriel Jesus game, you notice he operates in a deeper position than Firmino.

Based on rep, Firmino is ahead but when it comes to fluidity Gabriel Jesus does it better.

Also, Gabriel Jesus can play the Support striking role too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:34pm On Apr 22, 2017
goldfish80:

The article also pointed about the mobility and link up play of Firmino. That does not need debate. The question is, is Firmino more fluid and does he link up better than Gabriel Jesus. I disagree.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:36pm On Apr 22, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

When u leave ur feet anything can happen. Pure penalty.

How can that ever be a pure penalty when Victor Moses was already falling before the contact? It is a very clear dive. As long as Moses was on his way down before the contact, it means he went down on his own.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 10:36pm On Apr 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

It was from Firmino I used to understand the importance of playing in a fluid pattern. It makes him difficult to mark. If you watch Gabriel Jesus game, you notice he operates in a deeper position than Firmino.

Based on rep, Firmino is ahead but when it comes to fluidity Gabriel Jesus does it better.

Also, Gabriel Jesus can play the Support striking role too.
I will have to watch Jesus more anyway. But from the little I saw of him, he looked to me a fox in the box kind of striker.

Tite will do well to exploit the relationship between coutinho and Firmino at the world cup next year. That is the best combo for Brazil in my opinion of course.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:37pm On Apr 22, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Flying where? Out of everything u listed i would agree to only dribbling. Trippier is on the bench because he is behind Walker while Clichy is a starter by default. Will Clichy be a starter for Man city next season?

If Trippier was at Manchester City, he will not be a starter this season let alone next season. I do not even see him better than Angelino.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 10:38pm On Apr 22, 2017
tbaba1234:

Lionel Messi?
Frank Ribery? Alexis Sanchez? Xavi? Sneijder? Lahm? Arshavin? Silva? Mata? Pirlo?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Xzbit91: 10:39pm On Apr 22, 2017
goldfish80:

I forsee Firmino leading the Brazilian charge in Russia next year ahead of Jesus.
Firmino is the better all round player in my opinion.

Not gonna happen, it's just like saying Defoe will lead the lines ahead of Harry Kane in Russia.

I accept your earlier assertion that Gabriel is chosen ahead of Firmino because he is not high profile enough. But Firmino is not your classic Brazilian no9 plus he is older than Jesus, all this things work against him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 10:46pm On Apr 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

The article also pointed about the mobility and link up play of Firmino. That does not need debate. The question is, is Firmino more fluid and does he link up better than Gabriel Jesus. I disagree.

You can't be mobile and good at link up play without being fluid. Firmino used to play as SS/ATM. You can't play such position without having fluidity in your game.
Jesus is a better box player but Firmino is better outside the box. That's how I judge them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 10:51pm On Apr 22, 2017
Xzbit91:

Not gonna happen, it's just like saying Defoe will lead the lines ahead of Harry Kane in Russia.

I accept your earlier assertion that Gabriel is chosen ahead of Firmino because he is not high profile enough. But Firmino is not your classic Brazilian no9 plus he is older than Jesus, all this things work against him.

Firmino is just 25 yrs old. He is no Metusela. The Defoe comparism is way off the mark.

He will be 26 next year. That is the perfect age to lead a charge at the world cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:52pm On Apr 22, 2017
goldfish80:

You can't be mobile and good at link up play without being fluid. Firmino used to play as SS/ATM. You can't play such position without having fluidity in your game.
Jesus is a better box player but Firmino is better outside the box. That's how I judge them

I said both players have similar styles bit Gabriel Jesus is more fluid. Gabriel Jesus is not in any way a box player. Aguero is not and Gabriel Jesus is by far more fluid than Aguero.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:54pm On Apr 22, 2017
goldfish80:

Keep in mind that Gabriel Jesus is a natural winger converted to a forward. It is impossible for him to play as a fox in the box.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Xzbit91: 10:56pm On Apr 22, 2017
goldfish80:

Firmino is just 25 yrs old. He is no Metusela. The Defoe comparism is way off the mark.

He will be 26 next year. That is the perfect age to lead a charge at the world cup.

I'm not making that comparison based on their age difference although it's a huge factor. I'm doing that comparison because Brazil are excited about the prospect of producing another R9.

Ok, as a Nigerian, would you prefer Igalo or Iheanacho leading the lines in Russia?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:01pm On Apr 22, 2017
goldfish80:

FLEXIBLE

Jesus is in the infancy of his City career but the versatility he offers is already a notable plus. Brazil’s No 9 can play anywhere across the front three but often drifts into different pockets if he is deployed through the middle.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-4183624/Man-City-news-Gabriel-Jesus-Sergio-Aguero-work.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:01pm On Apr 22, 2017
Okay guys.... Iheanacho speaks.... and from what I see... He and theGoodJoe are on the same pages exactly.... He is only on one page with me.... and that is working hard and learning grin But on playing time? well.... undecided

Playing time struggles don't seem to ruffle him one bit kinda....

and from the video of their training I saw on man city's YouTube channel... Nacho was so happy mehn... doenst look disturbed at all.... he even played a prank by locking the gate the other players were going thru to get unto the pitch for training... crazy lad....
He and Adarabioyo found it so hilarious... really crazy children undecided

Well, I believe Iheanacho is smart and knows what he wants.... He is just 20... if he sits out most games at age 20 and 21 but gets to explode at 22 and carries on the fire from there till he is in his thirties ... then fine... so be it... what is far more important I agree with Nacho and theGoodJoe is his development.... and not just Headline news....

In the longest run.... it is true deep quality that outshines other top quality... I just hope this pays off.... From now on... I am in #ObservationMode in this Iheanacho issue. No more major comments.... He is already a beast in training, as even pep attests to that.... just prays he turns that beast into world class on field or all the wait will be for nothing.... but I strongly believe and know for a fact that Nacho will become World class.... yes I said it... comman beat me if you disagree.... ntorrrrr smiley
:p
.........................................................................................................

Iheanacho ready to fight for place at Manchester City

By Oluwashina Okeleji
BBC Sport, Nigeria

Kelechi Iheanacho is struggling to make Manchester City's first team this season

Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho says he is ready to fight for his place in the team, amidst competition from Gabriel Jesus and Sergio Aguero.

The Nigeria international, 20, has scored seven goals this season but has found first-team chances harder to come by than during his debut campaign.

Despite only five Premier League starts this season, Iheanacho welcomes the extra competition and insists he is improving by playing alongside great players.

All I need to do is to keep working, keep doing well and keep improving every day -Kelechi Iheanacho
Nigeria and Manchester City striker

"I cannot pretend that I don't hear what people back home [in Nigeria] say about my lack of regular football but I will continue to fight," Iheanacho told BBC Sport.

"I don't worry about those comments. All I need to do is to keep working, keep doing well and keep improving every day.

"Sergio Aguero and Gabriel [Jesus] are really really great players that we need in our team.

"As a young player, I'm happy playing alongside these fantastic
because I learn and get better every day.

"It's a big thing for my career to compete with these players. I'm okay with the way things are going and I wish Gabriel a quick recovery to return and help the team."

Iheanacho scored 14 times and produced seven assists last season even though 25 of his 36 appearances were as a substitute.

That feat saw him finish as City's third-highest scorer in all competitions, behind Sergio Aguero and Kevin de Bruyne.

At international level, Iheanacho has scored five goals in eight appearances for Nigeria since making his senior debut against Swaziland in November 2015.

He starred as Nigeria won the 2013 Fifa U-17 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates for a record fourth-time.

He emerged as the tournament's outstanding player, being voted the Most Valuable Player.

Iheanacho scored six goals to secure the Silver Boot as the competition's second-highest goal-scorer.

Source: http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39680585

Read more here: http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2017/04/22/city-summary-april-22-referee-appointed-for-semi-final-iheanacho-happy-to-learn-more-images-of-next-seasons-away-shirt/

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) (838) (839) ... (16499) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mujtahida, Danielnino00(m), lovewins, opes, elyte89 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.