Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,238 members, 7,887,673 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:12 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8570) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12064897 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8567) (8568) (8569) (8570) (8571) (8572) (8573) ... (16430) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 7:12pm On May 11, 2020
Joebie:
The stats show where Ndidi is better and otherwise. You are making a different argument.
If you need more physical presence and players to win aerial duels in the midfield your go to man is Billing. That’s also important to help a team keep possession. Billing has played more as a CM than DM in this current season. So here is a place for Billing in other areas when needed.

When Ndidi is injured or by extenuating (or unlikely) circumstances, he looses form
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 7:14pm On May 11, 2020
Bolowolowo:
Current Eagles as Managers...See Ndidi grin grin

Mikel is not a current Eagle.

Yobo's scenario is highly unlikely unless he improves his credentials
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 11, 2020
Blueelf:

Mikel is not a current Eagle.

Yobo's scenario is highly unlikely unless he improves his credentials

Will edit lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:21pm On May 11, 2020
Subzero047:

The thing is, Iwobi does not have the mindset of a professional footballer, he doesn't train, he has a poor cardio, he is more interested in being a celebrity than being a footballer

Carlo Ancelotti prefers a 4-4-2 formation and I'm struggling to see where he would fit in the new Everton side

Iwobi does not have the mindset of a professional footballer? can you imagine what you just said, you are now confirmed as a certified beer parlour analyst

Make iwobi no do style again make e no dress fine and wear diamond ? I wonder what people like you will say of neymar because that dude is the most stylist player at the moment

Iwobi doesnt train? Do you work as a coach at EVERTON to say all this ?

Ogbeni you are speaking in the nonsense

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:22pm On May 11, 2020
komekn:

You sure say u go uniben

Maybe you did but I doubt if you are from Edo or Delta states. Or you ever lived there.

Because your understanding of the Edo and Delta pidgin is seriously seriously questionable. You seem not understand the terminology and meaning and dramatic comedic impact or if you like tongue in cheek.

I am sure Edopesin and Joebie can definitely school you.

You have totally misconstrued my words and substance in the pidgin that was used to convey the message.

Lol, that egbon be like who e don tay wey e come naija or even delta wey e claim to be

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:25pm On May 11, 2020
Joebie:
“England was never going to give me a chance to play for the senior team, that’s the difference. Nigeria gave me the pathway to play for their senior team,” Aina was quoted as saying in an Instagram Live interview by the Punch. “I probably would have made it there at some point but Nigeria told me I can make it here now, it was a no-brainer.”

— goal

How did he know england will not give him a chance? all this one na sweet mouth talk, aina issa wise man

If aina was starting for chelsea he will never think of playing for naija

My guy don see say e no get future for chelsea e kukuma play for naija immediately

Nice one from aina grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:28pm On May 11, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Iwobi does not have the mindset of a professional footballer? can you imagine what you just said, you are now confirmed as a certified beer parlour analyst

Make iwobi no do style again make e no dress fine and wear diamond ? I wonder what people like you will say of neymar because that dude is the most stylist player at the moment

You are at luxury to make sense of what I said or leave it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:29pm On May 11, 2020
Joebie:
The stats show where Ndidi is better and otherwise. You are making a different argument.
If you need more physical presence and players to win aerial duels in the midfield your go to man is Billing. That’s also important to help a team keep possession. Billing has played more as a CM than DM in this current season. So here is a place for Billing in other areas when needed.

So you still dey argue this billing matter ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:50pm On May 11, 2020
barackodam:
D Amokachi
Assistant coach to Keshi at 2014 WC

"Brown(Ideye) for me was one player that I regret that we did not take to the World Cup in 2014,"

"Hundred percent I didn't know how he didn't make that list," he added. "I never saw it coming that he didn't make the list till when the list came out and we found out."
"We ended up going to the World Cup with players that even me I don't even know."

Okay,
Let's hear from Pinnick

Q: Was the team to the World Cup in Brazil not ambitous enough?

A: I do not have anything against Keshi. He has done so well for Nigeria. He remains the first Nigerian to win the Nations Cup as a player and a coach... Football has gone beyond having a coaching crew on the bench. The trend is now to have the technical backroom staff, peopled by expert coaches, who win matches from the bench... That is why nearly all the teams at the World Cup have the technical backroom staff. But Nigeria did not have that and that was because Keshi did not want it. He thought that they were going to take his job away and we all saw in Brazil that it could have been very different if we had such technical experts in the backroom, advising Keshi during match days or even before.

People had mindset before going to the World Cup. What was Keshi's plan at the World Cup? Was it to win the trophy? If his plans were to win the World Cup or develop our team for the future, we would have said said yes, we tried. If he wanted to win the World Cup, he would have gone with Obafemi Martins, Ikechukwu Uche and Ogbuke Obasi because they are all match winners. I watched Obasi in action for his Schalke during my trip to Germany and saw how he laid the assist that led to the first goal and scored a beautiful goal, which made me call Keshi to ask if he was watching the game and taking note of Obasi's contributions and he said yes. But I was shocked when these guys were not included in the team to Brazil for the World Cup. Obasi was hot this season.

Okay, I'm done.

All of you asking for their names to be named. Apparently, Keshi was totally and solely in charge of his squad(i'm not counting NFF o), to the extent that even his assistants don't know how he picks his players

Same Amokachi that was accused of forcefully selling watches to our players. What do u think would have happened if any of them refused.

The Bull is a legend but Keshi rightfully sacked him for his disloyal behavior.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:51pm On May 11, 2020
Billings would be a great addition but my joy will come from getting Saka.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 7:56pm On May 11, 2020
tbaba1234:

Law Enforcement will have a case if they get players affected to testify. There have been many players involved in this. If you get 3-5 to testify, you have a strong case.

There would also be bank transfer records in some cases.

Many players will not want to go that route, it draws attention to them. Even Obasi is getting pressured and he mentioned no names.

then they should come together and follow your advise if they want this rubbish to stop!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 8:00pm On May 11, 2020
Subzero047:

The thing is, Iwobi does not have the mindset of a professional footballer, he doesn't train, he has a poor cardio, he is more interested in being a celebrity than being a footballer

Carlo Ancelotti prefers a 4-4-2 formation and I'm struggling to see where he would fit in the new Everton side

As per you they follow am go training abi??

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 8:01pm On May 11, 2020
andrewbaba44:

In the nonsense and in the rubbish my bro. Las Las iwobi will still bench Ejaria and Eze
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:06pm On May 11, 2020
Olulong:

In the nonsense and in the rubbish my bro. Las Las iwobi will still bench Ejaria and Eze

Lol

The dude is just saying that to ridicule the guy

How can he say that iwobi doesn’t train

So because iwobi Dey post fine pics for the gram na bad thing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:06pm On May 11, 2020
BascoVanVeli:
Billings would be a great addition but my joy will come from getting Saka.

Saka is d real deal my brother... To me, he would d best acquisition into d S.E settings cool,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:15pm On May 11, 2020
somehow:

then they should come together and follow your advise if they want this rubbish to stop!

Some of them are the ones offering coaches money
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:16pm On May 11, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

Same Amokachi that was accused of forcefully selling watches to our players. What do u think would have happened if any of them refused.

The Bull is a legend but Keshi rightfully sacked him for his disloyal behavior.

i so much agree with the bolded same way Keshi rightfully took bribe to take unknow players to the world cup.....

everyone know the Bull has his own issues but how about what was been said by Pinnick and the Bull ?

I want you to address the words pls
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 8:17pm On May 11, 2020
Iwobi that was a starter at Everton, before his injury.

And the one that has played almost all the matches since Ancelotti, does not train.

A player that does not train will start for a middle table team?

Issokay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:20pm On May 11, 2020
Olulong:

As per you they follow am go training abi??

Yeah I follow Iwobi a lot and I can't tell you he devotes a lot more time to partying than training
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:22pm On May 11, 2020
Subzero047:

Yeah I follow Iwobi a lot and I can't tell you he devotes a lot more time to partying than training

From Nigeria undecided undecided undecided,ogbeni swerve
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:23pm On May 11, 2020
ChrisKels:
Hey Komekn, sorry I couldn't login in the night, had a naughty Saturday evening that got me drained, hence, I retired earlier to have enough rest.

I woke up to some missed calls, and a text message that read. "Thanks Kenechukwu for your kindness, I got the money and I pray God continues to bless you and replenish the pocket from which this came".

I wasn't gonna be taking pizzas while my neighbor starves, I would make do with our usual delicacies till things come back to normal. Hence, I provided you with the account number of the woman who hawks sliced pineapples around the entrance of my estate. Life hasn't been that easy for her since the inter-state lockdown because she buys her commodities from the neighboring state, Ebonyi.

Even though ur intentions werent good, I would say thanks for blessing her and those prayers and good wishes from her, should actually be directed to you.

That said, I remain Chriskels, as long as u remain komekn the Southgate of this honorable thread

We are largely anonymous on this thread.

For some that means l can say anything l like without any sense of right or wrong.

I take the view that one will have to give account for his words and if l loose anonymity, would I be ashamed of those words. Certainly not.

For me this forum is largely light hearted entertainment and banter. I do not take anything that serious. Absolutely nobody can offend me because l don't take offence.

For that reason you will never see me use vitriolic acidic rhetoric and abusive language to anybody. That is true even in my personal capacity.

I may use very diplomatic language and long drawn out diction to say someone lacks common sense and or more. But abuse a big capital No.

Nonetheless, over the years our words are recorded whether they are lies or truth. They say something about us. They paint a picture about us.

In my professional capacity l am always 95% of the time the only black person. I come across ignorance and blatant discriminatory racism very often.

My response is to show those ignorant racists overwhelmingly consideration and love. To a point they become ashamed of thier ways and begin to see me and other black people in completely different light. It means that l can not get bitter from the bitter racism l am shown. It's actually biblical.

But back to you.

I do not lack discernment to see the spirit behind most of your comments and the nature of them. However, I choose not too be like you and not reciprocate. I can not anyway, because it's simply not in my nature.

We know as a man thinketh so he is. To the pure all things are pure and to the impure everyone and everything is impure. So what you perceive is not neccesarily a truth but a reflection of yourself.

I was born in UK but made in Warri.

I spoke in comedic tongue and cheek language specifically Warri pidgin, in light hearted banter.

I am almost certain Edopesin, andrewbaba44 and Joebie will bear me witness.

However, when ChrisKels responded giving his address. I remember our Warri saying "na joke joke, people deh take talk true". Maybe he really needs some help I thought

I thought too remove any stigma let me gather the forum to eat along with him albeit of us together, albeit it Virtually. l truly was looking forward too it. The spirt here is brotherly love and consideration in jokingly way, not insult and abuse (as you somehow have alleged)

You called me to honour my words.

I then gave you a proviso, that you should take a picture so we can all join in and eat with you AGREED. Indeed a quite a few people were looking forward to the event, again in light hearted fun. But you have spoiled it.

But now you have shown a lack of of truth integrity, honour and even civility.

You can't cover unrighteousness, lies and deceit with a supposed good deed.

It would have been better you took the money and explained say tings tight oh bros , l decided to cook one pot of Oha soup and show us, everyone will understand, even hail u join.

But what you have done here hmmm is simply not RIGHT, after calling me to honour my words.

13 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:25pm On May 11, 2020
elyte89:

From Nigeria undecided undecided undecided,ogbeni swerve

I'm not talking about team training, I'm talking about personal training

I challenge you to bring up a photo or video of Iwobi personal training since this Coronavirus lockdown, and don't tell me he does it secretly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Provoker(m): 8:26pm On May 11, 2020
Y'all just suggesting ejaria in the eagles starting 11 is like a fantasy not really analysing realistically, as long as rohr is coach he won't do that.
Even when other non starting players were on hotter form than the starting players, it took time for rohr to make a change.
We all know how we were clamouring for rohr to start ebuehi , how many times did he play him?
If etebo was fit, aribo probably wouldn't have started but come off bench.
Even with ejuke form if invited won't bench a fit kalu for him.
If ighalo was still in the team even with oshimen's crazy form , ighalo is untouchable.
Oshimen now is untouchable when fit. Same as ndidi and ekong.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Provoker(m): 8:28pm On May 11, 2020
barackodam:
Iwobi that was a starter at Everton, before his injury.

And the one that has played almost all the matches since Ancelotti, does not train.

A player that does not train will start for a middle table team?

Issokay
when a player is not their favorite they say what they want
Iwobi is very hard-working and technical and he avoids all this showboating.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 8:38pm On May 11, 2020
Subzero047:

So an Unserious player will be a starter in a Top ten EPL club under a manager like Anceloti??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:43pm On May 11, 2020
Olulong:

So an Unserious player will be a starter in a Top ten EPL club under a manager like Anceloti??

Ancelotti has managed 12 Everton matches and Iwobi has only played 3 of them

So how is he a starter?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:45pm On May 11, 2020
Subzero047:

[s]

So how is he a starter[/s]?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 8:46pm On May 11, 2020
tbaba1234:

Some of them are the ones offering coaches money
you mean from those that spoke out already?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 8:48pm On May 11, 2020
komekn:

We are largely anonymous on this thread.

For some that means l can say anything l like without any sense of right or wrong.

I take the view that one will have to give account for his words and if l loose anonymity, would I be ashamed of those words. Certainly not.

For me this forum is largely light hearted entertainment and banter. I do not take anything that serious. Absolutely nobody can offend me because l don't take offence.

For that reason you will never see me use vitriolic acidic rhetoric and abusive language to anybody. That is true even in my personal capacity.

I may use very diplomatic language and long drawn out diction to say someone lacks common sense and or more. But abuse a big capital No.

Nonetheless, over the years our words are recorded whether they are lies or truth. They say something about us. They paint a picture about us.

In my professional capacity l am always 95% of the time the only black person. I come across ignorance and blatant discriminatory racism very often.

My response is to show those ignorant racists overwhelmingly consideration and love. To a point they become ashamed of thier ways and begin to see me and other black people in completely different light. It means that l can not get bitter from the bitter racism l am shown. It's actually biblical.

But back to you.

I do not lack discernment to see the spirit behind most of your comments and the nature of them. However, I choose not too be like you and not reciprocate. I can not anyway, because it's simply not in my nature.

We know as a man thinketh so he is. To the pure all things are pure and to the impure everyone and everything is impure. So what you perceive is not neccesarily a truth but a reflection of yourself.

I was born in UK but made in Warri.

I spoke in comedic tongue and cheek language specifically Warri pidgin, in light hearted banter.

I am almost certain Edopes.in, andrewba.ba44 and Joe.bie will bear me witness.

However, when ChrisKels responded giving his address. I remember our Warri saying "na joke joke, people deh take talk true". Maybe he really needs some help I thought

I thought too remove any stigma let me gather the forum to eat along with him albeit of us together, albeit it Virtually. l truly was looking forward too it. The spirt here is brotherly love and consideration in jokingly way, not insult and abuse (as you somehow have alleged)

You called me to honour my words.

I then gave you a proviso, that you should take a picture so we can all join in and eat with you AGREED. Indeed a quite a few people were looking forward to the event, again in light hearted fun. But you have spoiled it.

But now you have shown a lack of of truth integrity, honour and even civility.

You can't cover unrighteousness, lies and deceit with a supposed good deed.

It would have been better you took the money and explained say tings tight oh bros , l decided to cook one pot of Oha soup and show us, everyone will understand, even hail u join.

But what you have done here hmmm is simply not RIGHT, after calling me to honour my words.

You're blessed and vindicated sir, Even though you are a little too Pro English (No offence), I've enjoyed your posts and presence with many others here over the years but he went a little too far yesterday from his usual unnecessary jabs and he was definitely trying to use the situation to embarrass your person but God pass them

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 9:15pm On May 11, 2020
Subzero047:

So how is he a starter?

Keep pretending you didn't know he missed quite a lot due to Injury
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 9:20pm On May 11, 2020
So na this lockdown you don use conclude say iwobi no serious.

Nothing wey Messi no go see for Anfield grin grin
Subzero047:

I'm not talking about team training, I'm talking about personal training

I challenge you to bring up a photo or video of Iwobi personal training since this Coronavirus lockdown, and don't tell me he does it secretly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 9:21pm On May 11, 2020
Subzero047:

How can someone authoritatively say Iwobi doesn't train ? WTF undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (8567) (8568) (8569) (8570) (8571) (8572) (8573) ... (16430) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: shawwal1(m), ddone, mekabuachi and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.