Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,277 members, 7,928,916 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 04:20 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8654) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12308110 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8651) (8652) (8653) (8654) (8655) (8656) (8657) ... (16537) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:47pm On May 30, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Sorry

You should know that I wanted to say good wingers maybe apart from pulisic,Willian and Pedro are not good as before

Jorginho is not world class .
A 50mill pounds player? lipsrsealed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:47pm On May 30, 2020
Danielnino00:

Has the transfer market opened yet?

No but transfers can be concluded before the market opens
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:48pm On May 30, 2020
It is just Komekn being Komekn. What else do you expect from the Wizard of Lies? grin

jihday:
Why? Does Rhor look like a football novice to you that any idiot can call and claim to be a player's agent? Why you trying very hard to defend this guy? You are really over doing it now

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:48pm On May 30, 2020
jihday:
A 50mill pounds player? lipsrsealed

Lol, so na by that ?

Then nicolas pepe is world class nah grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 3:49pm On May 30, 2020
Awoniyi scores cheesy

Modified : it wasn't given

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:49pm On May 30, 2020
Then you didn't see him at Napoli. Anyway, whatever you say doesn't alter the fact that Pep rates Jorginho so very highly in fact. So much that missing out on him pained him so much. wink

andrewbaba44:

Pep wanna bring him to city before the dude decided to join chelsea

The best jorginho was the one i saw at hellas verona

Baba he is not world class jare

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:50pm On May 30, 2020
godspeed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ltjQTVy65A

Wow. Thanks for this post. As soon as I saw the headline, I knew it had to be Haruna Babangida. Did not know much about him until Nigeria 1999 where BBC announced him as the most gifted and natural blessed talent coming to the World Youth Championship. Boy did he have electric talent on the ball when some of his clips filtered.

He had this trick of a Thiago Alcantara like turn that was so electric and fast. He was as quick as his elder brother, Tijani Babangida.

At Nigeria 99, he came rated higher than the likes of Ronaldinho, Xavi, Takahara, Diego Forlan, Santa Cruz and a host of other youngsters.

Sad he never reached that height but Haruna was fun to watch while it lasted.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:53pm On May 30, 2020
See how stunned I was when I went to check to see nothing but "no goal". Bia Tolu, take ya time. angry

Tolulopefinest:
Awoniyi scores cheesy

Modified : it wasn't given
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:53pm On May 30, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
I can't take it. Willian who you admit currently plays rubbish CANNOT be better than Chukwueze.

And I already told you why he doesn't start in La Liga. Or you want to act like you don't know? Is it down to talent he isn't starting? Didn't you just make same excuse for Pulisic in your previous post on Lampard using bias to play CHO over him for a while? So no need bringing that up as a point against the lad.

And I know Pulisic mins just as I know Chukwueze's. And I also know Pulisic scored his goals across four different competitions. Chukwueze only had two competitions for goodness sake. So stats-wise, I consider them at par. It is talents-wise where Chuks blows Pulisic out of the water. Chuks is the better player. And finally, Pulisic didn't wow against Bayern and co to the same level Chuks wowed against Madrid and Barca. I saw some of his games in Germany especially against Bayern to reach this conclusion.

Me wey sabi yab willian

Chuks was only not starting in laliga recently, he is still a regular player for villareal and very important in their team, he is their best young player

You said he is not starting because the villareal coach prefer spanish players and because of the euros ? if na so then you no try for that one, is it not same coach that believes in chuks and has always been starting him, some days are like that bro, dude is still rated at 40/50 million euros if you wanna purchase and that shows he is good, and mind you he is one of the best youngsters in the laliga

Pulisic has even struggled at chelsea self , forget say e don score 5 epl goals

Pulisic did well against bayern nah , why you come dey downgrade am now,so you want make e score against bayern before you know say e do well abi? Supernerd you are the bias one here and its very clear .

Please did chuks score against madrid or barca? Yes he did well but did he score?

Please educate me

Thank you

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:54pm On May 30, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Baba i no downgrade chuks okay

I am just trying to say pulisic has been better, okay forget the stats

You should know pulisic from his bvb days nah , haba , you know he is highly rated

Pulisic even struggled self this season

Make una self try dey look things from both sides

now super nerd say i dey downgrade the player, how many times you don see me downgrade naija players nah

My opinion must not go with you guys own everytime nah, haba

Yes he did well against barca and madrid,and i said pulisic has also don well against bayern and co, whats bad in that statement ?

If you can use that to judge how good is chuks, why cant i also use that to judge pulisic?
okay. You've spoken well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:55pm On May 30, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Then you didn't see him at Napoli. Anyway, whatever you say doesn't alter the fact that Pep rates Jorginho so very highly in fact. So much that missing out on him pained him so much. wink

I saw him at napoli ogbeni, na napoli you take know am because napoli na popular club

You no no am for hellas verona , then you no no am be that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:58pm On May 30, 2020
But it is the truth naa. Before the coming of Covid-19, it is obvious the Euros was in the mind of all and you know Villarreal contributes quite a good number of players for the Spanish National team. Calleja obviously had that in mind and has to give Alcacer games but without benching Gerard Moreno too. It is obvious what they plot was at play here. But it is okay b'cos Chuks still kept playing albeit from the bench now.

And I know Pulisic struggled but he started to come good and then even CHO had to make WAY for him.
And I never said he didn't do well vs Bayern. He did but not to the level or heights Chukwueze mesmerised your Barca and the Might of Madrid. That's all I am saying. No bias at all. Just spitting dem bars of truth. wink

andrewbaba44:

Me wey sabi yab willian

Chuks was only not starting in laliga recently, he is still a regular player for villareal and very important in their team, he is their best young player

You said he is not starting because the villareal coach prefer spanish players and because of the euros ? if na so then you no try for that one, is it not same coach that believes in chuks and has always been starting him, some days are like that bro, dude is still rated at 40/50 million euros if you wanna purchase and that shows he is good, and mind you he is one of the best youngsters in the laliga

Pulisic did well against bayern nah , why you come dey downgrade am now,so you want make e score against bayern before you know say e do well abi? Supernerd you are the bias one here and its very clear .

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:58pm On May 30, 2020
2 sides of a coin rarely happens in football due to some reasons that makes a player most times only speak the way Balotelli speaks, which isn't always helpful.

2sides of a story, not all are equal or needed.

Is Billing Cr7 that Rohr now needs lie to score what exactly?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 3:59pm On May 30, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
See how stunned I was when I went to check to see nothing but "no goal". Bia Tolu, take ya time. angry

Lol...He actually scored. I'm watching it on my phone. But the goal was cancelled because a player was fouled before the goal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:02pm On May 30, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
But it is the truth naa. Before the coming of Covid-19, it is obvious the Euros was in the mind of all and you know Villarreal contributes quite a good number of players for the Spanish National team. Calleja obviously had that in mind and has to give Alcacer games but without benching Gerard Moreno too. It is obvious what they plot was at play here. But it is okay b'cos Chuks still kept playing albeit from the bench now.

And I know Pulisic struggled but he started to come good and then even CHO had to make WAY for him.
And I never said he didn't do well vs Bayern. He did but not to the level or heights Chukwueze mesmerised your Barca and the Might of Madrid. That's all I am saying. No bias at all. Just spitting dem bars of truth. wink

Bros you are being bias saying the villareal coach is playing spanish players because of the euros , na same coach wey believe in chuks oo, just because he is not starting all games now you dey talk this, he is even a regular player self if we can see the games he has played this season, its not cumpulsory a good player will start all games

Okay pulisic didnt do well as chuks did against barca and madrid meant that he is not better right ? Okay oooo

If you feel i am being bias then no wahala baba

I beleive say you get my point and for your mind you know my valid points even if you no wan admit.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:03pm On May 30, 2020
You said he played his best football at Verona which is not true. I knew him at Verona too but his best football was at Napoli even though he scored more than a few goals at Verona compared to his time at Napoli. But it is not goals Jorginho was known for, he was known for his ability to dictate plays and release the ball so quickly before the opponent reads his movement or closes him down. Even Radja Naingollan said Jorginho was his toughest and most frustrating midfield opponent b'cos he was always so quick in his passing and decision making. He implied that closing down Jorginho was the hardest job for a midfielder in the serie A.

And this testimony came when Jorginho was at Napoli. That's where Jorginho played his best football before he came to the EPL and caught even Pep's admiration plus keen attention.

andrewbaba44:

I saw him at napoli ogbeni, na napoli you take know am because napoli na popular club

You no no am for hellas verona , then you no no am be that

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:05pm On May 30, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Wow. Thanks for this post. As soon as I saw the headline, I knew it had to be Haruna Babangida. Did not know much about him until Nigeria 1999 where BBC announced him as the most gifted and natural blessed talent coming to the World Youth Championship. Boy did he have electric talent on the ball when some of his clips filtered.

He had this trick of a Thiago Alcantara like turn that was so electric and fast. He was as quick as his elder brother, Tijani Babangida.

At Nigeria 99, he came rated higher than the likes of Ronaldinho, Xavi, Takahara, Diego Forlan, Santa Cruz and a host of other youngsters.

Sad he never reached that height but Haruna was fun to watch while it lasted.
Even during Nigeria '99 Aghaowa and Ikedia did better
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:07pm On May 30, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
You said he played his best football at Verona which is not true. I knew him at Verona too but his best football was at Napoli even though he scored more than a few goals at Verona compared to his time at Napoli. But it is not goals Jorginho was known for, he was known for his ability to dictate plays and release the ball so quickly before the opponent reads his movement or closes him down. Even Radja Naingollan said Jorginho was his toughest and most frustrating midfield opponent b'cos he was always so quick in his passing and decision making. He implied that closing down Jorginho was the hardest job for a midfielder in the serie A.

And this testimony came when Jorginho was at Napoli. That's where Jorginho played his best football before he came to the EPL and caught even Pep's admiration plus keen attention.

Jorhingo played his best football at verona and this is the fact, jorghino knows how to defend so i am not surprised at what nianggolan said

I repeat jorginho played his best football at verona.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:08pm On May 30, 2020
You are misusing the word "bias". The word here is "truthful" or "blunt". I am being blunt as well as truthful in saying what I said about Calleja using and preferring a strong Spanish cast. Or is Moreno suddenly a better winger than Chukwueze?? Tell me please. So why does he start Moreno at RW over Chukwueze even when he plays Alcacer in Moreno's preferred CF role? It is simply b'cos the coach sought to accommodate the two players in the first XI. That is not a statement of bias but a revelation of the obvious.

And yes you are right Andy, it is not compulsory a player starts all games but in this case, I am explaining what room Chuks to the bench all of a sudden especially in the aftermath of Alcacer's arrival. That's all.

And your point is noted. Hopefully you also got mine. Cheers. wink

andrewbaba44:

Bros you are being bias saying the villareal coach is playing spanish players because of the euros , na same coach wey believe in chuks oo, just because he is not starting all games now you dey talk this, he is even a regular player self if we can see the games he has played this season, its not cumpulsory a good player will start all games

Okay pulisic didnt do well as chuks did against barca and madrid meant that he is not better right ? Okay oooo

If you feel i am being bias then no wahala baba

I beleive say you get my point and for your mind you know my valid points even if you no wan admit.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:10pm On May 30, 2020
Well, I guess I will take that as your own opinion. And the fact that you say "I repeat" a hundred times, doesn't make it true. Lol
But it is clear it was at Napoli the world actually took notice of his best football. Can't explain more than I already have.

andrewbaba44:

Jorhingo played his best football at verona and this is the fact, jorghino knows how to defend so i am not surprised at what nianggolan said

I repead jorginho played his best football at verona.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:10pm On May 30, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
You are misusing the word "bias". The word here is "truthful" or "blunt". I am being blunt as well as truthful in saying what I said about Calleja using and preferring a strong Spanish cast. Or is Moreno suddenly a better winger than Chukwueze?? Tell me please. So why does he start Moreno at RW over Chukwueze even when he plays Alcacer in Moreno's preferred CF role? It is simply b'cos the coach sought to accommodate the two players in the first XI. That is not a statement of bias but a revelation of the obvious.

And yes you are right Andy, it is not compulsory a player starts all games but in this case, I am explaining what room Chuks to the bench all of a sudden especially in the aftermath of Alcacer's arrival. That's all.

And your point is noted. Hopefully you also got mine. Cheers. wink

Lol

But to be sincere you expected alcacer to sit on the bench at villareal ?

Alcacer is not even playing in the same position with chuks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 4:11pm On May 30, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Me wey sabi yab willian

Please did chuks score against madrid or barca? Yes he did well but did he score?

Please educate me

Thank you

He scored against Barca and also made an assist in a 4-4 thriller.
He also made an Assist against Real Madrid

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:12pm On May 30, 2020
Tolulopefinest:

Okay

Thanks for the info.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:12pm On May 30, 2020
Danielnino00:

It would be madness for Lampard to play Ziyech on the wing..

He is better than that Kovacic...

First of all, they play different roles but I bet Kovacic will offer more to the midfield of Chelsea than Ziyech could ever do.

Kovacic offers multiple assets to the midfield. His blistering pace with the ball, fast dribbles in tight spaces, ability to turn an opposition attack to a counter in quick sessions, tackles, interceptions and passes.

How you expect Lampard to drop this assets for the flair Ziyech will bring is astonishing

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:13pm On May 30, 2020
Of course he isn't playing Chuks' position. Didn't you just read what I just explained? I said Moreno was moved to the right since Alcacer had to play CF. Alcacer displaced Moreno from CF but Calleja also wanted to keep his top scorer, Moreno in the first XI so Moreno was now shifted to the right and that is how Chuks fell back to the bench.
It is not b'cos Moreno is a better winger or finer wing forward than Chuks. It is just to accommodate both Moreno and Alcacer in the first XI.

andrewbaba44:

Lol

But to be sincere you expected alcacer to sit on the bench at villareal ?

Alcacer is not even playing in the same position with chuks

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:14pm On May 30, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

First of all, they play different roles but I bet Kovacic will offer more to the midfield of Chelsea than Ziyech could ever do.

Kovacic offers multiple assets to the midfield. His blistering pace with the ball, fast dribbles in tight spaces, ability to turn an opposition attack to a counter in quick sessions, tackles, interceptions and passes.

How you expect Lampard to drop this assets for the flair Ziyech will bring is astonishing

I think Kovacic is the best at this in the premier league

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 4:14pm On May 30, 2020
Meaning?

Mak ah hust sidon dey look you first

mank1234:

She go soon tackle dis matter herself. Her specialty na tackling internet foolishness, one stupidity at a time.
Edit: proud opener of this new page
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:15pm On May 30, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Well, I guess I will take that as your own opinion. And the fact that you say "I repeat" a hundred times, doesn't make it true. Lol
But it is clear it was at Napoli the world actually took notice of his best football. Can't explain more than I already have.

He would be noticed at napoli bro

I remember telling a chelsea fan that jorginho is a good buy but the dude said who know jorginho, anyway my main arguement be say the guy no be world class abeg

He played his best football at verona, you no expect them to know am nah, shebi e play seria B then self
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:16pm On May 30, 2020
So Andrewbaba44 didn't know this and he has been arguing with me. I didn't even see that he added these questions sef. Andy na wa for you... You just love to drag talk. Lol

Tolulopefinest:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:17pm On May 30, 2020
jihday:
Even during Nigeria '99 Aghaowa and Ikedia did better

Yes they had a better tournament than him but I think Aghaowa was just the Costa Rican game. That goal gave him the hype that pushed him further to the Afcon team the next year.

Ikedia was pure magic but I felt Haruna was not used well at all. He was a pacy finisher like Aguero and Giuseppe Rossi but he was played mostly wide in that tourney.

I think his La Masia training built him for a particular kind of play which did not fit Tunde Disu's team. Also, Abubakar Musa, Ikedia were part of the AYC squad that lost the finals to Ghana, so they already had a working philosophy. Bringing in Haruna created an imbalance. I think he had a nice game against Germany. Can't remember. Too long ago.

Well, he made a mistake not joining his friends to play for Spain. I heard he had the chance and turned it down. Then Spain came and lifted the cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:17pm On May 30, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Of course he isn't playing Chuks' position. Didn't you just read what I just explained? I said Moreno was moved to the right since Alcacer had to play CF. Alcacer displaced Moreno from CF but Calleja also wanted to keep his top scorer, Moreno in the first XI so Moreno was now shifted to the right and that is how Chuks fell back to the bench.
It is not b'cos Moreno is a better winger or finer wing forward than Chuks. It is just to accommodate both Moreno and Alcacer in the first XI.

Hmmm, you sure

Anyway moreno is not a good winger as chuks sha , No thanks to paco alcacer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:18pm On May 30, 2020
Subzero047:

I think Kovacic is the best at this in the premier league

Exactly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8651) (8652) (8653) (8654) (8655) (8656) (8657) ... (16537) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Cecco90, justvictor57(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.