Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,737 members, 7,895,623 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 02:24 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8784) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12119164 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8781) (8782) (8783) (8784) (8785) (8786) (8787) ... (16448) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:04pm On Jun 25, 2020
Starboytwo:
im not enjoying any games without the fans, infact thats one the reason i dont watch d laliga....

i havent watched any match live since the restart, im hoping nd praying the crowd returns, na dem gan gan dey make ball sweet...

At least you should be enjoying the big boys play

Watch the way man city schooled arsenal

Example of good football on an empty stadium

It didn’t stop the players from doing their best
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 2:05pm On Jun 25, 2020
somehow:

you are late to the party
I have given my reasons already
can't be going back and forth
I don't have such luxury
enjoy your afternoon
no problem bros, we gather dey grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 2:07pm On Jun 25, 2020
Edopesin:

2014/15/16

abeg show me their UEFA trophies since then and tell me what they did in the champions league that they went to? Chelsea and Man u have won 2 Europa since then and Tottenham has also gotten to the CL final

From 2014- 2020: That's a Short period. It's static, very far from comprehensive conclusion and totally against the 'statistical law of large numbers'.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:10pm On Jun 25, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

All this Mount and Alli and Cantwell you are calling, with all due respect are crap and can no where be compared in tactical ability to the likes of Modric, Thiago and Isco. These guys you are calling are babies now.

You do not even understand for you to list these babies.

Watch Gundogan control the midfield like a god with a wand. With minute but incisive passes.

The subject and question raised was young English players the future.

You are comparing men of 35, 34 and 28 to small boys excluding Barkley who is 26. We were talking about the future of football in England and it's progression.

You are changing the narrative.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 2:12pm On Jun 25, 2020
Utonwanne:

From 2014- 2020: That's a Short period. It's static, very far from comprehensive conclusion and totally against the 'statistical law of large numbers'.

20 Years is a long period and they have no Champions league
how's that for a comprehensive conclusion

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 2:14pm On Jun 25, 2020
andrewbaba44:

At least you should be enjoying the big boys play

Watch the way man city schooled arsenal

Example of good football on an empty stadium

It didn’t stop the players from doing their best
the experience will be somehow, like all this u20 games.... you will be hearing all the grunts, swear etc.... i will watch man utd next match sha.... nd pls is the Super Eagle playing this year at all?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:15pm On Jun 25, 2020
charlesemeka85:
olise is example of kids working hard n doing well in their various teams buh doesnt get the mention players likes unserious Nwakali gets in here. One good pass from Nwakali we no go hear word for one week lol

Agreed without reservation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:16pm On Jun 25, 2020
Danielnino00:

"Competitive" in English football can also include finances...
There are more than 10 clubs in the EPL that can spend up to £100m in one transfer market.. and they don't depend on selling their players to raise money like it's done in some leagues..

Look at the transfer budget of just Fulham in the Championship and compare it to the total transfer expenditure by the Segunda División.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:17pm On Jun 25, 2020
Wigan signs balogun permanently

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 2:19pm On Jun 25, 2020
Starboytwo:
EPL gangan is the meaning of competitiveness, serious, joke apart... which league can you even mention? where everybody can beat anybody.... see i never play premiership in my bet9ja tickets, predictions dont work in that league, home advantage dosent really count, its whoever plays the best that usually wins, so we see different teams come outside the dogouts and tryna win at all cost, millions of people pay premium money to watch that competitive league....

one day i discovered something about laliga, barca vs some club like that sha(u knw they have funny names) footage inside the dogout and you can see the goal keeper of the opposing team looking at messi and already looking so sick grin grin in his mind i guess he be like " 'oh God, which kain wahala be dis ehn?,this guy go score like 4 now...even before match start, him mind don concede like 4 goals... na league be dat? abeg

Apparently, you've deviated from the premise. Pfff
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 5inchdick: 2:21pm On Jun 25, 2020
Starboytwo:
EPL gangan is the meaning of competitiveness, serious, joke apart... which league can you even mention? where everybody can beat anybody.... see i never play premiership in my bet9ja tickets, predictions dont work in that league, home advantage dosent really count, its whoever plays the best that usually wins, so we see different teams come outside the dogouts and tryna win at all cost, millions of people pay premium money to watch that competitive league....

one day i discovered something about laliga, barca vs some club like that sha(u knw they have funny names) footage inside the dogout and you can see the goal keeper of the opposing team looking at messi and already looking so sick grin grin in his mind i guess he be like " 'oh God, which kain wahala be dis ehn?,this guy go score like 4 now...even before match start, him mind don concede like 4 goals... na league be dat? abeg
grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 2:23pm On Jun 25, 2020
komekn:

Look at the transfer budget of just Fulham in the Championship and compare it to the total transfer expenditure by the Segunda División.

I cannot can cheesy

Fulham total market value 105.6mil

Segunda division comprised of 22 teams total market value 379.65mil
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:26pm On Jun 25, 2020
JayromWrites:

Sir!

English football is not a standard of measurement for European football

These spanish teams you talking down on have dealt with premier league teams of late

Sevilla knocked out Manchester united under Mourinho

Chelsea had to hold on tight to luck to see out a draw against Valencia

"low club" atletico Madrid knocked out the runaway champions in the premier league

I won't place a bet on west ham winning against Real betis.. And I'm also certain a game between Villareal and Everton can swing either ways

Spanish football is not as bad as you trying to paint it.. I watched a group of fishermen from Ibiza playing well against Barcelona

English football is not the beginning and end of European football

And the championship is not as great as you want us to believe

Ayew is king there

You are entitled to your opinion.

However, with regards to Ayew he has scored 13 goals and is struggling to get into the top 10 of the Championship a former EPL player.

Th current top goal scorer is Mitrovic who would walk into most top teams in Europe.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 2:30pm On Jun 25, 2020
Today's argument is totally off-grid.
Cut and join argument here and there.

I been thought say the argument is competitiveness, people come dae bring spending power into equation to buttress their false narrative.

Odiegwu!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:33pm On Jun 25, 2020
Starboytwo:

Even la liga president himself publicly praised Messi... He said something about laliga being lucky to have him grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:34pm On Jun 25, 2020
Starboytwo:
the experience will be somehow, like all this u20 games.... you will be hearing all the grunts, swear etc.... i will watch man utd next match sha.... nd pls is the Super Eagle playing this year at all?

Lol

I no no about super eagles ooo

Make we Dey observe and hope because it’s been long we watch the eagles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:37pm On Jun 25, 2020
Edopesin:

I cannot can cheesy

Fulham total market value 105.6mil

Segunda division comprised of 22 teams total market value 379.65mil

grin.

But make we talk true, Fulham can't beat some teams in the segunda division..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:38pm On Jun 25, 2020
komekn:

You are comparing men of 35, 34 and 28 to small boys excluding Barkley who is 26. We were talking about the future of football in England and it's progression.

I am not talking about age but tactical acumen. We saw David Silva as a young kid in Valencia and he was ahead of whatever young player you want to bring up at that age.

We saw Thiago Alcantara a kid at Barcelona when he got his chance. None of those young English players can tactically scrape his boots.

We saw Iniesta as a kid in the U20. I remember Xavi a little genius in Nigeria 99. These English boys can't cut it tactically with the Spaniards.

The narrative has not changed. The point is English academies are not producing midfield tactical geniuses.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:38pm On Jun 25, 2020
charlesemeka85:
Wigan signs balogun permanently

Good news!!

I hope they will guarantee game time..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:39pm On Jun 25, 2020
Danielnino00:

You can check my previous post..
I've admitted that the laliga is technically ahead of the EPL..

But the EPL is more competitive in terms of money and performance...

Why performance? My point is that what La Liga lacks in individual quality, to meet up with high tactical acumen which makes them dangerous.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 2:43pm On Jun 25, 2020
Danielnino00:

grin.

But make we talk true, Fulham can't beat some teams in the segunda division..

normal level
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:45pm On Jun 25, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Why performance? My point is that what La Liga lacks in individual quality, to meet up with high tactical acumen which makes them dangerous.

Performance within the league...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:45pm On Jun 25, 2020
Starboytwo:

Messi scored two against Liverpool and Four against Arsenal. The La Liga teams are up against the very best in the World. Not that they are weak. If Barcelona was in England, the likes of Reading, Bournemouth and Sheffield would be collecting loads.

Barcelona has even decimated teams like Bayern Munich too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 2:47pm On Jun 25, 2020
komekn:

Komekn you are right. English football is progressing and they may win the world cup in the next 15 year. I did my personal research and saw that they are not playing kick and follow all the time. Their academies now encourage creativity. I will mention 2 points.

1. English premier league has money and so they can even buy ideas and knowledge. They imported technical tiki taka football with Guardiola, Gen gen pressing with Jurgen Klopp, Italian defensive football with Maurinho even sarri ball with Sarri while at chelsea. The problem is the cosmopolitan nature of the premier league and their ability to imbibe new ideas has made English football and the premier league more powerful. Indeed it is more powerful than maybe even 10 years ago.

2. By blending the natural pace and power of an English footballer with the technical and tactical efficiency of the italians, spanish etc, they are creating a new breed of English footballers. the 3 qualities of a player are technique and skill, tactical awarness (what is called decision making) and physical ability (eg speed, strength, stamina etc). The issue is English footballers are trying to create players who have all 3 at the same time. This is highly commendable.

3. However, you worship English football too much. They got all these improvements from foreign coaches and players BUT at least they have adopted it and maybe they are improving on it.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:48pm On Jun 25, 2020
Danielnino00:

Performance within the league...

That is what I don't understand. Why upgrade the EPL performance and down grade La Liga.

We have seen a team like Real Betis give Barcelona a run for their money. The La Liga teams also have good performances.

Liverpool that was walking all over the EPL could hardly get a shot on goal against a compact Atletico Madrid. That is the kind of team La Liga teams deal with.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:51pm On Jun 25, 2020
Philosopher1979:

Komekn you are right. English football is progressing and they may win the world cup in the next 15 year. I did my personal research and saw that they are not playing kick and follow all the time. Their academies now encourage creativity. I will mention 2 points.

1. English premier league has money and so they can even buy ideas and knowledge. They imported technical tiki taka football with Guardiola, Gen gen pressing with Jurgen Klopp, Italian defensive football with Maurinho even sarri ball with Sarri while at chelsea. The problem is the cosmopolitan nature of the premier league and their ability to imbibe new ideas has made English football and the premier league more powerful. Indeed it is more powerful than maybe even 10 years ago.

2. By blending the natural pace and power of an English footballer with the technical and tactical efficiency of the italians, spanish etc, they are creating a new breed of English footballers. the 3 qualities of a player are technique and skill, tactical awarness (what is called decision making) and physical ability (eg speed, strength, stamina etc). The issue is English footballers are trying to create players who have all 3 at the same time. This is highly commendable.

3. However, you worship English football too much. They got all these improvements from foreign coaches and players BUT at least they have adopted it and maybe they are improving on it.

I also believe they are improving fast but others are still evolving. They are learning systems that have been developing for over two decades in a place like Spain.

I think winning the World Cup is still far fetched because of the growth of other teams. Although they can make good challenges. However, trying to downplay others because of big money spent is totally off.

Las Las, they need to start producing tactically efficient players because really, most teams in the EPL rely on foreigners to do that.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 2:53pm On Jun 25, 2020
Why you hate Chelsea na grin grin grin
andrewbaba44:

Lol

Leave that one make Dey yarn akpata

Chelsea no be club Abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:55pm On Jun 25, 2020
komekn:

You are entitled to your opinion.

However, with regards to Ayew he has scored 13 goals and is struggling to get into the top 10 of the Championship a former EPL player.

Th current top goal scorer is Mitrovic who would walk into most top teams in Europe.

Mention the top teams. Is it Inter Milan, Juventus, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid or even Dortmund?

Which too team will Mitrovic walk into?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:57pm On Jun 25, 2020
komekn:

I believe Manchester United’s transfer budget at the time they met Bilbao must have been about a hundred times higher. That did not stop Bilbao from beating Manchester United like a child that stole meat from the pot.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 3:22pm On Jun 25, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Messi scored two against Liverpool and Four against Arsenal. The La Liga teams are up against the very best in the World. Not that they are weak. If Barcelona was in England, the likes of Reading, Bournemouth and Sheffield would be collecting loads.

Barcelona has even decimated teams like Bayern Munich too.
thats the "only thing" they've got going for them... Barca was lucky to have Messi.... the whole of spain should be thankful for that guy for giving them clout, i swear...Messi is like 3 different players.... we are just waiting patiently for him to retire
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:28pm On Jun 25, 2020
Starboytwo:
thats the "only thing" they've got going for them... Barca was lucky to have Messi.... the whole of spain should be thankful for that guy for giving them clout, i swear...Messi is like 3 different players.... we are just waiting patiently for him to retire

Messi is lucky to have also had Barcelona. Iniesta, Busquets and Xavi were magic behind him. Messi should thank God for Guardiola.

By the way, foreign pros are the big drive of the EPL too. No doubt Messi is amazing but there have been other greats like Ronaldo De Lima, Figo, Rivaldo, Maradona, Romario and a host of others. The La Liga has always had top quality talents too.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:30pm On Jun 25, 2020
Kai!!!

Whats happening here, who start that argument sef,

even if you had to bring spending power into its, did it bring the price of Garri down?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8781) (8782) (8783) (8784) (8785) (8786) (8787) ... (16448) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Christinu2, elyte89, TheGoodJoe(m) and 20 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.