Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,123 members, 7,900,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 02:11 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9086) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12148735 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9083) (9084) (9085) (9086) (9087) (9088) (9089) ... (16458) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2020
Edopesin:

Be like say you no watch the match... We were lucky to get that draw

Uzoho nah our man of the match he saved our goddamn ass that day we only had one chance and we efficiently utilized thank God for Rohr prowess that told the players to pack bus else they would have killed us ..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 4:39pm On Jul 28, 2020
Edopesin:

Be like say you no watch the match... We were lucky to get that draw

"lucky ? " Bros, there is no luck in soccer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 4:43pm On Jul 28, 2020
sheyishemba:

Uzoho nah our man of the match he saved our goddamn ass that day we only had one chance and we efficiently utilized thank God for Rohr prowess that told the players to pack bus else they would have killed us ..

The way they marked Osimhen was not funny at all, asides that Aribo destruction of Marquinos and the resulting goal, we no play anything... Dem just dey use leg work finish our players for our own half

I think Everton hit the crossbar sef
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 4:45pm On Jul 28, 2020
IDENNAA:

"lucky ? " Bros, there is no luck in soccer.

Luck is part of football, The Brazilians were unlucky to not win the match despite overwhelming us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Justice505: 4:50pm On Jul 28, 2020
Edopesin:

Luck is part of football, The Brazilians were unlucky to not win the match despite overwhelming us
Oga, we had a game plan going into the match. It was clear that we were the under dog, you dont expect us to match them tit for tat.

Brazil should count their luck that there got a draw from us. Next time we'll shake them up.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Justice505: 4:54pm On Jul 28, 2020
Edopesin:

The way they marked Osimhen was not funny at all, asides that Aribo destruction of Marquinos and the resulting goal, we no play anything... Dem just dey use leg work finish our players for our own half

I thought the score was 2-2 how did nigeria manage to bridge there defence on two occasion ? if we did not play any thing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:54pm On Jul 28, 2020
Danielnino00:

Be deceiving yourself...
Chelsea wouldn't have spent so much to sign a top quality player like Werner if Lampard was so satisfied with Tammy...

Proven in the EPL or not, Tammy isn't on the same level with Werner at all..

Lol

No mind komekn
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 5:01pm On Jul 28, 2020
Justice505:
Oga, we had a game plan going into the match. It was clear that we were the under dog, you dont expect us to match them tit for tat.

Brazil should count their luck that there got a draw from us. Next time we'll shake them up.

How did the plan fair? If I remember correctly, we scored first but struggled with defending the goal and keeping up with Brazilians in midfield, Firmino was Suarez that day and was unlucky not to score, Uzoho saved a well worked out shot from him in the box

Uzoho was by far the best player on the pitch with his pinpoint saves. Imagine Neymar had 3 of those shots

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 5:02pm On Jul 28, 2020
Justice505:
I thought the score was 2-2 how did nigeria manage to bridge there defence on two occasion ? if we did not play any thing.

That was Ukraine
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:06pm On Jul 28, 2020
Justice505:

Lol, you are a comedian, yes we are the underdog and you are saying brazil should count their luck that we got a draw from us

I dont pray to meet brazil in a tournament, even thou we meet them i pray we win

We could not even beat a very weak argentina team, that thing dey pain me till now, i no no weda our players go look messi face there

Even the argentine we won 4-2 where more composed than the one that beat us at the world cup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Justice505: 5:07pm On Jul 28, 2020
Edopesin:

How did the plan fair? If I remember correctly, we scored first but struggled with defending the goal and keeping up with Brazilians in midfield, Firmino was Suarez that day and was unlucky not to score, Uzoho saved a well worked out shot from him in the box

Uzoho was by far the best player on the pitch with his pinpoint saves. Imagine Neymar had 3 of those shots
We are nigeria, it will be very difficult for the top ten teams in the world to tame brazil from having an attempt is impossible.

Uzoho saving our ass is his duty. We did very well against brazil scoring two goals against brazil to me is one of the biggest highlight of nigeria in this past few years.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Justice505: 5:11pm On Jul 28, 2020
Edopesin:

That was Ukraine
yes you are right.

My point is we played well, everybody is entitle to his opinion.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 5:11pm On Jul 28, 2020
Justice505:
We are nigeria, it will be very difficult for the top ten teams in the world to tame brazil from having an attempt is impossible.

Uzoho saving our ass is his duty. We did very well against brazil scoring two goals against brazil to me is one of the biggest highlight of nigeria in this past few years.

Na 1-1 we play
The Ukraine we played 2-2 with is even disappointing because we should have destroyed them but defensive errors were our undoing, Kalu played like he was Mbappe with his footwork, Osimhen and Chukwueze terrorized their defence but we couldn't win after going 2 goals up against the mediocre Ukrainians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 28, 2020
Edopesin:

Not only Everton even firmino sef the minute neymar played was massive destruction had it been he played 90 minutes ...it would have been 6 1 coz neymar was on top his game.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 28, 2020
Justice505:

2 goals against Brazil it was Ukraine baba
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2020
Edopesin:

Na 1-1 we play
The Ukraine we played 2-2 with is even disappointing because we should have destroyed them but defensive errors were our undoing, Kalu played like he was Mbappe with his footwork, Osimhen and Chukwueze terrorized their defence but we couldn't win after going 2 goals up against the mediocre Ukrainians

How can you call the Ukrainian team mediocre?
A team that is unbeaten throughout the Euro qualifiers

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Justice505: 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2020
sheyishemba:

2 goals against Brazil it was Ukraine baba
l've corrected my self thanks.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2020
sheyishemba:

Not only Everton even firmino sef the minute neymar played was massive destruction had it been he played 90 minutes ...it would have been 6 1 coz neymar was on top his game.

Jamilu Collins mumu for that match no be small, Dani Alves and Firmino just dey turn am like fufu grin

At the end of the day we try as we no lose

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 5:20pm On Jul 28, 2020
Tolulopefinest:

How can you call the Ukrainian team mediocre?
A team that is unbeaten throughout the Euro qualifiers

I meant in the match cause we were obviously better than them as the game went on, and the team we played was very different from the Euro squad by the way
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 28, 2020
Justice505:
yes you are right.

My point is we played well, everybody is entitle to his opinion.

Lemme not say we tried defensively all round we failed woefully in that match it was luck that was on our side that day we would have been trashed...Brazil dominated the match we could even string one or two passes together we hit on a very fast counter attack in the game the rest of the game we were defending Gabriel destroyed colins life that night .
The team tried considering the fact it was made of average and below average players but qualities of brazil shows in that match.even our above average Ndidi was a passenger that day casemiro taught him how a good DMF should be .from the way ya speaking I could deduce you didnt watch go and it on YouTube.nah that day I see things from afrobear's perspective that all the players are all averageeeeeeee it will be luck if we get to the round of 16 the WC considering the quality of the team in defense not ball playing defending no defense maestro , in Midfield you can even hold the ball for 10 minutes attack how can I rely on chukweze with 3 goals in 30+ appearance and Kalu with a goal and one assist in 20 appearance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:26pm On Jul 28, 2020
Alan Hutton on Balogun signing
“I was kind of stunned when I saw it, I looked on my phone and then bang, signing, it kind of came out of nowhere.

“We spoke about them wanting the fourth centre-half, I think it was a priority to bring someone in. He’s 32 now, he’s experienced and I know he’s not played so much in the last few years but he’s an international player who’s played abroad – he knows the game.

“I think he will be more of a backup option but a good option to have.”
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 28, 2020
Edopesin:

Jamilu Collins mumu for that match no be small, Dani Alves and Firmino just dey turn am like fufu grin

You only see colins Ajayi and ekong nko ...Omo naija no get better player at all nah only Ndidi and osihmen just dey slight above average the rest are averageeee and below average the likes of nacho,etebo they're just overrated that are bricklayers and carpenters i just dey laff when people say rohr nah poor tactician considering the crops of players available which stupid player they're all averageeeeeeeee but prospect.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 28, 2020
Edopesin:

The only positive in the match was the way chukwueze ruin Lodi's life again it was a joy to watch grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 5:36pm On Jul 28, 2020
sheyishemba:

You only see colins Ajayi and ekong nko ...Omo naija no get better player at all nah only Ndidi and osihmen just dey slight above average the rest are averageeee and below average the likes of nacho,etebo they're just overrated that are bricklayers and carpenters i just dey laff when people say rohr nah poor tactician considering the crops of players available which stupid player they're all averageeeeeeeee but prospect.

Abeg I no fit laugh grin
Rohr can be clueless sometimes my guy, especially when a match is ongoing and we're losing and or desperately need a win, even his substitutions sometimes no dey make sense

In Africa we are Champions but when it comes to World stage we're average no doubt at all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 5:39pm On Jul 28, 2020
sheyishemba:

The only positive in the match was the way chukwueze ruin Lodi's life again it was a joy to watch grin

That Aribo goal na 10/10, lovely footwork before the finish

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 28, 2020
Edopesin:

Abeg I no fit laugh grin
Rohr can be clueless sometimes my guy, especially when a match is ongoing and we're losing or desperately need a win, even his substitutions sometimes no dey make sense

In Africa we are Champions but when it comes to World stage we're average no doubt at all

Champions keee
Were not champion we're just force to be reckon with
Cote d ivoire , Senegal, Egypt,Cameron Algeria are all playing rugby abiiiii
Baba things have changed many Africa team have rised up to the occasion.
As a loyal SE fan I will advise to lower you expectations on this team and enjoy the game it not failure that kills but anxiety am tipping Nigeria for another bronze in the next AFcon

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:44pm On Jul 28, 2020
Danielnino00:

Be deceiving yourself...
Chelsea wouldn't have spent so much to sign a top quality player like Werner if Lampard was so satisfied with Tammy...

Proven in the EPL or not, Tammy isn't on the same level with Werner at all..

Which Chelsea player has recorded the highest number of goals in the EPL in the past three season grin grin its actually Tega Abraham.

Do you recall a certain Alfredo Morata that came to Chelsea highly recommended for £60 million pounds he left after failing to meet the standard after two seasons.

This is Tega Abraham first season in the EPL with Chelsea, I dont think it is registering, hate or like him, he scored 15 goals in the EPL , thats not dodo and ewah. In real terms that is outstanding. If Victor had scored 15 goals in the EPL a lot of you would be calling him the best young striker in the world. actually quite a lot of you already are. If the question was asked who is better Timo or Victor the resounding overwhelming answer would be Victor O.

Keeping that thought in mind and tell me one striker from the Bundesliga that has come to the EPL and been able to replicate his goal tally please.

Finally , look at players not able to make headway in the EPL but ripped the Bundesliga at the first time of asking, Batshuayi, Ghenabre, Sancho, Nelson, etc. It is apparent that the Bundesliga is not the same level as the EPL, so why presume a striker will jump from Bundesliga and start to rip the EPL apart, I cannot see it happening. I can actually see him struggling with Pulisic forget about Tega.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 28, 2020
Edopesin:

That Aribo goal na 10/10, lovely footwork before the finish

This same player that will soon replaced by nwakali grin grin
Aribo nah mad midfielder etebo go warm bench tire ...the dude nah complete CMF I know one day he will make it to the top.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:50pm On Jul 28, 2020
Edopesin:

Chei see finishing OH u just murder this guy in cold blood, U No sorry at all

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 5:56pm On Jul 28, 2020
sheyishemba:

Champions keee
Were not champion we're just force to be reckon with
Cote d ivoire , Senegal, Egypt,Cameron Algeria are all playing rugby abiiiii
Baba things have changed many Africa team have rised up to the occasion.
As a loyal SE fan I will advise to lower you expectations on this team and enjoy the game it not failure that kills but anxiety am tipping Nigeria for another bronze in the next AFcon

If you say Senegal I go agree but the rest- Cote d'voire, Egypt, Cameroon, Algeria we should be able to beat these teams any time any day if we approached the match well

See the way we exposed Cameroon in Afcon, Egypt and Cote d'ivoire go collect better beating from our squad if they should play today cheesy though I'm not underrating them.

We were unlucky to lose against Algeria and I blame Akpeyi for it, if the game had gone to extra time we wouldn't have lost like that, if rohr no win the next Afcon make he just go dey coach teams like Tanzania or SA or any other small teams not SE
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 5:59pm On Jul 28, 2020
komekn:

Chei see finishing OH u just murder this guy in cold blood, U No sorry at all

That guy no try that day I swear grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 28, 2020
Edopesin:

If you say Senegal I go agree but the rest- Cote d'voire, Egypt, Cameroon, Algeria we should be able to beat these teams any time any day if we approached the match well

See the way we exposed Cameroon in Afcon, Egypt and Cote d'ivoire go collect better beating from our squad if they should play today cheesy though I'm not underrating them.

We were unlucky to lose against Algeria and I blame Akpeyi for it, if the game had gone to extra time we wouldn't have lost like that, if rohr no win the next Afcon make he just go dey coach teams like Tanzania or SA or any other small teams not SE

I no gree with wetin you just talk ivory coast ,Senegal , Algeria , Cameroon are better than us in terms of quality go and check their squad wella .....they will wallop Nigeria anytime and any day if they're on form.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9083) (9084) (9085) (9086) (9087) (9088) (9089) ... (16458) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: PDPGuy, damagnificentusb(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.