Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,177 members, 7,880,671 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:07 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12028914 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9106) (9107) (9108) (9109) (9110) (9111) (9112) ... (16410) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by abcnn: 10:48am On Jul 30, 2020
kellycute:
A good season for Nacho but better performance next season. He go blast the net with goalllllllll, goalazo goalazooooooo.

Make he leave that stupid club.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:56am On Jul 30, 2020
kellycute:
yeah he should leave. I can't wait to drag that son of man who said nacho won't have any offer in epl lol. Time will tell.

Lol

You ehnn
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:58am On Jul 30, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

Yes, I do, I'm just glad that lad is well rated.

At West Ham, he will struggle to displace Antonio.

Bordeaux is still the best place for him, but the lure of British football as well Bordeaux's willingness to sell might be too strong.

He wont even dream of displacing antonio let alone struggle

And yes the Scottish league is a step down as bordeaux is still the best place for him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 10:59am On Jul 30, 2020
2lola:

Since you are writing about prospect and our possible line up why didn't you include Nwakali. You added Lookman who had a poor season, Adarabioyo and Eze who we are not sure will play for us are listed.
Not saying he should be praised but since we are talking about prospect here he will be playing in Laliga so he can be counted as a prospect
Peace

Bros, no worry. No hidding place for the ...... we see through them.

Good morning ,ma people
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 11:26am On Jul 30, 2020
andrewbaba44:

If you tell them now they will bring some silly excuses against nwakaeme

They will say he didn’t do well in his first eagles chance

Ask them how many super eagles players that was judged with just a game

He might not have blown our minds but he was not crappy. I will like to see how he performs in the SE , once more.

Can Nwakaeme play CF ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 11:29am On Jul 30, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Awaziem cross ball ?

Awaziem is probably our best ball playing defender.....watch the nations cup matches again.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 30, 2020
IDENNAA:

Awaziem is probably our best ball playing defender.....watch the nations cup matches again.

Awaziem is a general defender but a mainly a stopper same style with azipicuileta
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:43am On Jul 30, 2020
remember the cross he gave ahmed musa that eventually led to our equalizer against cameroon at the AFCON last year?

andrewbaba44:

Awaziem cross ball ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:44am On Jul 30, 2020
BascoVanVeli:
Wetin carry Victor and Samu come back naija sef?
Private jet
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:46am On Jul 30, 2020
yeah British born but of Nigerian parentage.
andrewbaba44:

That coach is not Nigerian born
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:48am On Jul 30, 2020
grin abi!?

jihday:
Private jet
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:54am On Jul 30, 2020
IDENNAA:

What about ajayi ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:54am On Jul 30, 2020
IDENNAA:

He might not have blown our minds but he was not crappy. I will like to see how he performs in the SE , once more.

Can Nwakaeme play CF ?

I think anywhere in the front 3
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 11:58am On Jul 30, 2020
abcnn:

Make he leave that stupid club.

He won't just up and leave.

A club has to bid for him and their bid has to meet with Leicester demands
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 12:01pm On Jul 30, 2020
andrewbaba44:

If you tell them now they will bring some silly excuses against nwakaeme

They will say he didn’t do well in his first eagles chance

Ask them how many super eagles players that was judged with just a game

Nwakaeme deserves a place in the team

If a certain John Ogu could keep on making the team, what about Nwakaeme.

Kai..John Ogu: a certified carpenter in disguise cheesy grin grin

I wonder what many fans here saw in that guy to hype him the way they did...that guy was just a carpenter
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:03pm On Jul 30, 2020
Blueelf:

I wonder what many fans here saw in that guy to hype him the way they did...that guy was just a carpenter

Lol

John ogu sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:05pm On Jul 30, 2020
He was born in Britain but clearly of Nigerian descent. That's what I mean by Nigerian-born. Nigerian born by birth to (a) Nigerian parent(s) not by place of birth.

andrewbaba44:

That coach is not Nigerian born

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:06pm On Jul 30, 2020
chrisooblog:
grin abi!?

Napoli gave Victor a private jet according to Oma Akatugba
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:10pm On Jul 30, 2020
On John Ogu, you aren't wrong. He was indeed one of the carpenter/bricklayer ballers in our team. Na manage we take manage am. Lol.

Good to see you back to your main faculty research studies review and preview of carpentry and bricklaying in the beautiful game. You're doing well Sub-dean. wink

Blueelf:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:14pm On Jul 30, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
He was born in Britain but clearly of Nigerian descent. That's what I mean by Nigerian-born. Nigerian born by birth to (a) Nigerian parent(s) not by place of birth.

Okay sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2020
Blueelf:

He won't just up and leave.

A club has to bid for him and their bid has to meet with Leicester demands

Guadiola wan destroy the boys career.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 12:21pm On Jul 30, 2020
Blueelf:

Ogu sef. When he finaly got his chance my guy didnt make best of it. However, he scored a beauty in Algeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 12:24pm On Jul 30, 2020
andrewbaba44:

What about ajayi ?

Him , too. Thats why I said "probably"
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 12:27pm On Jul 30, 2020
I am currently watching Nigeria Vs Algeria nations cup semi.

Iwobi is sorry as an attacking midfielder. I cant make this up

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:34pm On Jul 30, 2020
Naija players expected/likely to be in action across Europe today - July 30

English Championship Promotion playoffs Semis - 2nd leg

Josh Onomah (Fulham) vs Cardiff city - Home game.
*Onomah's Fulham hold a precious 2-0 aggregate lead after that first leg couple of days back. Onomah scored a beautiful solo goal which helped his side into the position they stand in today. Can they finish the job and move on to battle Brentford in the final for the right to that last EPL ticket? We will see it all today

Norwegian Eliteserien

Victor Okoh Boniface (Bodo/Glimt) vs Stabæk - Away game.

Samuel Adegbenro (Rosenborg) vs Viking - Home game.

Latvian Virsliga

Joshua Akpudje and David Akintola Idowu (BFC Daugavpils) vs FK Jelgava - Home game.

Dele Alampasu, Kazeem Ojo Aderounmu, Christian Dumte Pyagbara (FK Ventspils) vs Tukums FK - Away game.

**Pam Dalyop Samuel and Olabanjo Ogunji(Tukums FK) vs FK Ventspils - Home game.

Miracle Chikezie Nwaorisa, Aliyu Yau Adam, Saminu Kwari Abdullahi, Lucky Onyebuchi Opara (Spartaks Jurmala) vs Riga FC - Away game.

Richard Emeka Friday, Dele Ola Israel, Alfa Abdullahi (FK Liepaja) vs FS Metta - Away game.

Swedish Cup

Alhassan Yusuf (IFK Goteborg) vs Innocent Bonke (Malmo FF)

Bonus: Outside Europe

CSL- China

WMB, Obafemi Martins (Shanghai Shenhua) vs Shenzhen FC - Home game.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:37pm On Jul 30, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
On John Ogu, you aren't wrong. He was indeed one of the carpenter/bricklayer ballers in our team. Na manage we take manage am. Lol.

Good to see you back to your main faculty research studies review and preview of carpentry and bricklaying in the beautiful game. You're doing well Sub-dean. wink

lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:11pm On Jul 30, 2020
Tunisian champions Esperance have terminated the contract of one-time NPFL hotshot Junior Lokosa, which was to have ended next year.

Esperance announced Lokosa’s departure along with two other players.

The exit of the former Kano Pillars striker did not come as a surprise after the coach of the Tunis side said he does not figure in his plans.

The 26-year-old could now be headed to another Tunisian club, CS Sfaxien.

Lokosa was top scorer of the NPFL with 19 goals in the 2018 season, but he struggled in part due to a major injury he suffered at Esperance where he managed only two goals in 11 games.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:12pm On Jul 30, 2020
Tolu Arokodare, who is now being compared to Super Eagles striker Victor Osimhen after his exploits in Latvia, has reportedly found himself on the radar of Belgian giants Anderlecht.

Will he be good value for money should Anderlecht eventually go for him as suggested by the media in Latvia?

The 19-year-old centre-forward is in his second season in Latvia.

Last year, he scored seven goals and contributed two assists in 16 matches for Valmeira FC, while this season he has netted five goals with two assists after 10 games.

His imposing physical presence would be one of the reasons he has been compared to Osimhen, who was also a top target for Anderlecht in 2016.

Arokodare himself is a big fan of the Lille striker, who is soon bound for Napoli.

“Certain people say that I am the new Osimhen, and I like that because he is one of the best strikers in the world,” he said in a recent interview.

“Our common qualities are mainly speed and strength in the air.

“He is a better finisher, but I hope that someday I will get to his level and maybe even surpass it.

“I think we do share the same quality by positioning ourselves well in the box and striking at the right time.”

He is not particularly fast, but his powerful built means he will always be a handful for his markers.

In Latvia, he is the top man for aerial battles. That is a quality that Anderlecht desperately need because last season they were the second worst team in this regard.

His goals average is 0.47, which means he scores every two games. This statistic puts him ahead of Anderlecht top striker Kemar Roofe.

The striker, who stands at 1.91 metres tall, converts 15% of his chances, which is even better than the 11% Osimhen managed in his first year at Wolfsburg.

Anderlecht are in dire need of a proven striker and with the transfer market putting his value at $225,000, Arokodare will most certainly be very affordable.

Champions Club Brugge have taken a chance on young Senegalese striker Youssouph Badji, who has already caught the eye in pre-season.

KV Kortrijk are still congratulating themselves for putting up $150,000 Terem Moffi from Lithuania and four league goals after they could ask for more than five million Euros for the little known Nigeria striker.

Will Anderlecht also take a gamble?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:15pm On Jul 30, 2020
Premier League club West Ham are ready to rival Scottish side Rangers for Bordeaux’s Nigerian young striker Maja.

Maja made his breakthrough at Sunderland under current West Ham boss David Moyes.

He made his debut in September 2016, before leaving the Stadium of Light in January 2019 to join French Ligue 1 outfit Bordeaux.

Rangers have Maja on their shortlist of strikers to replace their forward Alfredo Morelos who is wanted by Lille.

Moyes is also weighing up a move for 21 year-old Maja as he aims to add firepower to his squad after keeping West Ham up.

Maja was Bordeaux’s joint-top scorer, netting eight times in just eight starts, with a further 16 appearances coming as a substitute, before the French season came to a premature end in March due to the coronavirus outbreak.

Maja is not pushing for a move but the financial impact of the coronavirus pandemic may force Bordeaux to sell in order to raise funds.

Moyes is hoping to bring in some young homegrown talent to improve his squad this summer.

Along with Maja and QPR’s Eberechi Eze, West Ham are also interested in Wolves midfielder Morgan Gibbs-White.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:16pm On Jul 30, 2020
i know i was just laughing at the way you answered the guys question because I think he meant what matter brings Osimhen to lagos

jihday:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 1:18pm On Jul 30, 2020
jihday:
I thought it's Lille that gave him a private jet
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:25pm On Jul 30, 2020
West Ham United are eager to sign Bordeaux striker Josh Maja.

The 21-year-old, who came to the fore through the Sunderland academy, arrived at the Ligue 1 club in January 2019.

However, Bordeaux are struggling financially due to COVID-19 and it means they will look to sell players.

And Sky Sports suggests West Ham boss David Moyes is an admirer of Maja.

He could look to sign the attacker, who is also wanted by Rangers as a replacement for wantaway star Alfredo Morelos.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9106) (9107) (9108) (9109) (9110) (9111) (9112) ... (16410) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dijon, BankyGee(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.