Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,958 members, 7,949,274 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 02:37 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12429470 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9112) (9113) (9114) (9115) (9116) (9117) (9118) ... (16674) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:09am On Jul 31, 2020
lol
zuchyblink:
Nairaland scouts are rioting. na so I dey look una
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:12am On Jul 31, 2020
ROFL
Danielnino00:

I just discovered my neighbour's son,Izuchukwu ... Young baller...
I will keep an eye on him and report his progress in case he blows..

He is two years old by the way grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:54am On Jul 31, 2020
Happy Eid-El-Kabir to all our Muslim brothers here. May you live long to celebrate more on earth.
Happy celebration!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 8:40am On Jul 31, 2020
wayodude:

smiley

Is your son still playing for stoke?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:04am On Jul 31, 2020
Hahahahahaha...... Wahala dey ooo

Danielnino00:

I just discovered my neighbour's son,Izuchukwu ... Young baller... I will keep an eye on him and report his progress in case he blows..

He is two years old by the way grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 10:16am On Jul 31, 2020
https://www.laliga.com/en-GB/news/the-bright-young-gems-of-laliga-santander

Youth is the greatest of treasures, so they say. And they’re not wrong. Just ask the teams of LaLiga Santander, in which players of barely 20 years of age have shone bright this season. Talent, quality, and maturity beyond their years are some of the fundamental qualities of the competition's young stars.

As revelations go, no-one fits the bill better than Ansu Fati. The young gem aged just 17 has broken into Spanish football in style. His sheer gall out on the pitch, his character, ambition and his superlative quality, along with the wavelength he shares with players like Messi have been instrumental to his standing out as one of FC Barcelona's top players. Add to that his scintillating numbers: he has played over 1,000 minutes, netting seven goals and one assist in 24 appearances, starting in 11 of them.

He is not, however, the only youngster to stand out at the Catalan club. Riqui Puig has also sparkled in the LaLiga Santander run-in. Quique Setien placed his trust in him after the lockdown and he has carved out a place for himself in the starting XI. With a return of two assists in 11 games, it looks like he will be one of the first names on the team sheet in the future.

Barça are not the only side to have seen their youngsters take the step up. Valencia's Ferran Torres is another who has dazzled us. The speed and vision of the fledgeling winger have made him one of the best players in the squad this season. Four goals and five assists are a testament to the great year that he has had.

Not far away from Valencia, at Villarreal, there is another standout performer. Samu Chukwueze, the 21-year-old winger has played a key role for the Castellon-based outfit. His power, character and ambition have made him a veritable nightmare for his opponents, with five assists and three goals.

In San Sebastian, they are adept at squeezing the best out of their players, and examples include Alexander Isak, Mikel Oyazabal, Adnan Januzaj and Martin Odegaard. The Norwegian player has been quite the sensation in LaLiga Santander. At the tender age of 21, his maturity out on the field of play has surprised all of the fans. A lynchpin in the midfield, his commitment and talent have had quite the impact.

Two young stars have made the grade at Real Madrid: Vinicius Jr and Rodrygo Goes. The two Brazilians have dazzled Zinedine Zidane and the Real Madrid faithful. With over 1,000 minutes played apiece, slowly but surely they have been forcing their way into the French manager's side. And let us not forget the crucial goals which they have scored, including Vinicius's strike against Barcelona.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 10:46am On Jul 31, 2020
drDoom3:

I've been literally screaming this since. I watched Osimhen in the U-17 World Cup and Belgium Pro League last season, and I can confidently say that he is the most talented and endowed number 9 we have at the moment. He has Ighalo's strength and Onuachu's height to an extent, he is faster than both of them and more slippery. He can take on two to three defenders at a time and is too versatile to be caged the way Ighalo is. The guy had 20 goals in an average Chaleroi side and was their player of the season. Plus, Seedorf won't expect it and the last minute inclusion may shatter Cameroon's game plan. I just hope Rohr has the balls to try this out.

Look where he is nowO:-)

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:05am On Jul 31, 2020
Danielnino00:

You still haven't owned up to your other lie; "the Eredivise is the highest scoring league in Europe"where is the data to back up that claim? Abi u pulled it out of your anus?

I'm not watching any yeye championship game..
There is no quality there that we haven't seen before.
The championship has money than some league in Europe,big deal, but it is still filled with crappy teams..
Premier league clubs with all their money can't claim to have a strong dominance of European football,but somehow you think the Eredivise that has won 16 major European honour isnt better than the championship because you wanted to prove that Chidera Ejuke didn't have a better season than Ebere Eze grin

This komekn is really something else

How can someone say that the championship is better than the eredivise
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:09am On Jul 31, 2020
elunico:

He made the stupid decision of rushing to join them before the commencement of the WC. I really don't like his style though. He hugs onto the ball too much, he looses it in dangerous places and the team suffers, most recent were the goals we conceded against Ukraine.

Don’t mind etebo

All in the name of I want to play in England because his brothers are there ,he didn’t even care if it’s a second division

Dude was so happy to join stoke because he is being paid 25k weekly or so
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:11am On Jul 31, 2020
To Elyte89, Tbaba1234 and co

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 11:36am On Jul 31, 2020
soetanoreoluwa:

Is your son still playing for stoke?

Stoke? No
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 11:37am On Jul 31, 2020
[quote author=Edopesin post=92294981]https://www.laliga.com/en-GB/news/the-bright-young-gems-of-laliga-santander

Youth is the greatest of treasures, so they say. And they’re not wrong. Just ask the teams of LaLiga Santander, in which players of barely 20 years of age have shone bright this season. Talent, quality, and maturity beyond their years are some of the fundamental qualities of the competition's young stars.

Is that not Samuel Chukwueze's name i'm seeing on this article. Damn bullsh*t, this article must have been written by a nairalander from this thread. Because one of our noble "self acclaimed" positive analyst/forumite strongly iterated that "SAMUEL CHUKWUEZE IS ONLY HIGHLY RATED BY PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD". So therefore i refuse to belive this. *in Orubebe voice* WE CANNOT TAKE THIS

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:41am On Jul 31, 2020
Napoli striker Dries Mertens is willing to help new boys Victor Osimhen and Andrea Petagna settle at the club next season, reports Completesports.com.

Osimhen is on the verge of sealing a move to Serie A outfit Napoli from French side Lille.

“I want to help the team and the young people, that’s my future. I want to help Osimhen and Petagna, we can play together,”Mertens said in an interview with Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli.

Read Also: West Ham To Rival Rangers For Maja

“It’s difficult to come from another country and settle in, we must help them fit in here.”

Osimhen scored 18 goals and provided six assists in 38 appearances across all competitions for Lille in his debut season at the club.

The 21-year-old linked up with Lille from Belgian Pro League champions Sporting Charleroi last summer.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 11:48am On Jul 31, 2020
damagnificentusb:
is that not Samuel Chukwueze's name i'm seeing on this article Damn bullsh*t, this article must have been written by a nairalander from this thread. Because one of our noble "self acclaimed" normative analyst/forumite strongly iterated that "SAMUEL CHUKWUEZE IS ONLY HIGHLY RATED BY PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD". So therefore i refuse to belive this. *in Orubebe voice* WE CANNOT TAKE THIS

You have to take it o grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 12:24pm On Jul 31, 2020
wayodude:

Stoke? No

Okay...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:45pm On Jul 31, 2020
Naija Players expected/likely to be in action today across Europe - July 31

Serie B

Kingsley Michael (Cremonese) vs Pordenone - Home game.

Simy Nwankwo (Crotone) vs Trapani - Away game.
*Final Matchday of 2019/20 Serie B. Simy and his serie A-bound side seek to end the season on a high. Simy also seeks to finish top scorer of the division. He is ahead by a single goal with 20 while Lemello of Perugia has 19

Swiss Super League

Simon Sohm and **Tosin Aiyegun (FC Zurich) vs FC Luzern - Home game.

Blessing Eleke (FC Luzern) vs FC Zurich - Away game.

Belarussian Premier League

Umar Mohammed Bala (FK Slutsk) vs Shakhtyor - Home game.

Austrian Bundesliga 2

Wale Musa Alli (SKU Amstetten) vs Austria Lustenau - Away game.

Sunday Faleye (FC Wacker Innsbruck) vs Aus Klagenfurt - Away game.

Tobias Okiki Lawal, Goalkeeper (LASK Juniors OÖ) vs Horn - Home game.

Paul Komolafe (KSV Kapfenberg) vs Austria Wien II - Home game.

*Ugochukwu Ogbonnaya Oduenyi (SV Ried) vs FAC Wien - Home game.

Osarenren Okungbowa (FAC Wien) vs SV Ried - Away game.

Bryan Okoh and Junior Chukwubuike Adamu (FC Liefering) vs Vorwarts - Away game.

Norwegian 1.Division

Peter Godly Michael (Øygarden) vs Grorud - Home game.

Igho Ogbu (Sogndal) vs Raufoss - Home game.
*Jerome Akor Adams still nursing a back injury

Ifeanyi Matthew and Moses Ebiye (Lillestrom) vs Jerv - Away game.

Club friendlies

Terem Moffi, *Abdul Ajagun, *Imoh Ezekiel (KV Kortrijk) vs Lille OSC

Usman Simbakoli (Lille OSC) vs KV Kortrijk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:35pm On Jul 31, 2020
Edopesin:

Abeg where are they sharing money for new mentioned players make I go cash out cheesy

This argument is devoid of sense walai haha

Wetin una never argue for here grin

Agreed very childish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 31, 2020
ChrisKels:
To Elyte89, Tbaba1234 and co

Remember afrobear too grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 3:01pm On Jul 31, 2020
Latvian League is becoming a Nigerian league. Make no man commit there ooo..so that the door remains open for others to join...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:03pm On Jul 31, 2020
It's official grin Napoli like Lagos

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:03pm On Jul 31, 2020
Valencia have enquired about Chukwueze according to villarrealusa.com. The club value the player at €40M but have set his starting price at €25M because of the economic situation caused by coronavirus.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:06pm On Jul 31, 2020
This is Napoli's president twitter page

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:09pm On Jul 31, 2020
Oliver Connolly, a staff writer for Liverpool official website, recommended Jamilu Collins as a bargain signing for Liverpool. He assessed players from each league outside England and sees Jamilu as number one option from the Bundesliga.

https://www.liverpool.com/liverpool-fc-news/features/liverpool-premier-league-transfer-news-18694141

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:09pm On Jul 31, 2020
Napoli's attack will set Serie A on fire

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:17pm On Jul 31, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:
Valencia have enquired about Chukwueze according to villarrealusa.com. The club value the player at €40M but have set his starting price at €25M because of the economic situation caused by coronavirus.

Good move if it pulls through
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:24pm On Jul 31, 2020
charlesemeka85:

I don't think Valencia would buy a player this period for 25M. 25M is cheap in my opinion, but not to Valencia.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 3:27pm On Jul 31, 2020
jihday:
Napoli's attack will set Serie A on fire

Seeing that FIFA Card will never get old

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:35pm On Jul 31, 2020
sheyishemba:

Remember afrobear too grin

Lol Afor can't be among with such moniker. The suffix "beer" to the name "Afor" has already canceled him out bkus it is a haram. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:36pm On Jul 31, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

I don't think Valencia would buy a player this period for 25M. 25M is cheap in my opinion, but not to Valencia.

Why did you say that?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:39pm On Jul 31, 2020
Somebody said this and it hit home

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:40pm On Jul 31, 2020
charlesemeka85:

Seconded, I don't trust Villareal to maintain their recent surge, they are erratic coupled with the fact that the fulcrum of their midfield might be gone should Fulham make it back to the EPL.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:43pm On Jul 31, 2020
ChrisKels:

Why did you say that?

If they buy him, he will be a direct replacement for Ferran Torres who they are reportedly selling for 25M also.
But Chukwueze is easily better than Torres.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9112) (9113) (9114) (9115) (9116) (9117) (9118) ... (16674) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ppogbae, elunico and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.