Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,935 members, 7,873,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:37 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11988951 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9275) (9276) (9277) (9278) (9279) (9280) (9281) ... (16392) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:55pm On Aug 17, 2020
The mod trayna Flex muscle like BUBU, wen dem para am, em trowey person (Moniker) for Prison ( Ban)

TheSuperNerd:
Even that Andrew Ban just weak me. I don't even know how to plead yet.

One of our fun guys in here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:56pm On Aug 17, 2020
elyte89:

U forgot dey won deir own fa cup of recent... Now his CV is growing..big clubs are now genuinely bidding for him unlike b4...in a nutshell ndidi needs recognized trophies/laurels not stat cool ,he has already shattered d stats year in year out

You think Big clubs are interested in Koulibaly because of the cup they won a few weeks ago?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:56pm On Aug 17, 2020
If it Bends for no one,

then why are you and Idenna still Active?

ChrisKels:

Dude this isn't necessary, the rule bends for no one, and this should serve as a deterrent to others. We need to bring back sanity to this thread, we have deviated way too much

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 7:58pm On Aug 17, 2020
humility33:

Thanks bro....you've said it all.
I don't know if some peeps here think nairaland is like their nuclear family where they can dish out instructions the way they like....

Over 90% of us here are men some with families already...everyone deserve some level of respect. I was so disappointed with the outcry and involving the MOD all because of the UEFA and league discuss.

Agreed without reservation
Calling out the mods only showed how immature some people can be, I will like to think we are all adults and should know how to behave

We are all here for a reason and that reason will never change. Once the Super Eagles get back together we will all change gear naturally and the occasional Euro football talk will be significantly less than it is now

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 8:00pm On Aug 17, 2020
Meanwhile cheesy

Chukwueze 2.5

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:01pm On Aug 17, 2020
Tim Akinola 19 year old Midfielder signs for Arsenal after being released by Huddersfield.

Very surprising.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:03pm On Aug 17, 2020
Mikel Obi should be playing in China, why did he go to Stoke?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 8:03pm On Aug 17, 2020
yh I said "until recently"

a lot of the players you mentioned haven't necessarily bossed stats like him so it's quite unfair to judge him based on trophies only. Anyways I agree that he should move to a bigger club. I believe his time will come. Koulibaly is 29 and he's still expecting his big move. Gueye got his at 30. Ndidi's time will come and before that age wink
elyte89:

U forgot dey won deir own fa cup of recent... Now his CV is growing..big clubs are now genuinely bidding for him unlike b4...in a nutshell ndidi needs recognized trophies/laurels not stat cool ,he has already shattered d stats year in year out
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:04pm On Aug 17, 2020
Danielnino00:

Maybe players born in Africa aren't tactically astute as their counterparts born in Europe..
We all know that Pep likes players who are tactically gifted... And let's face it, Africa doesn't have the kind of infrastructure that would aid players development at grassroot level..

But to say Pep is racist is simply not true!
Its Pep that should face such denigration of African players. Haba na. Don't even go there. So if there are 10 african players in a pic of 50, you won't see 5 that are better than 30 others? See no coat the matter. Yaya toure mata os still fresh. Cut no slacks for pep abeg.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:05pm On Aug 17, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
You are still not getting it. If you get it, you won't even apologise b'cos even I also post a few off-topics. And I always try to indicate when I am doing so.

The only difference is that I try not to encourage too much dwellings on it. We discuss it for a while and then we leave it there till some other time. It's that simple.

I hope you get it now.

Yes bro...I get it now.

Please try plead for Andrew and others...let's get back together...

Because this discussion that komekn and co brought up calling some league farmers league must be discussed till the end grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:07pm On Aug 17, 2020
daveP:
Its Pep that should face such denigration of African players. Haba na. Don't even go there. So if there are 10 african players in a pic of 50, you won't see 5 that are better than 30 others? See no coat the matter. Yaya toure mata os still fresh. Cut no slacks for pep abeg.

So u are saying Pep is a racist?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:11pm On Aug 17, 2020
Danielnino00:

i don't need to. But its a fact he doesn't think highly of Africa's best legs. Thats just it. No journalist can change that. And thats unfortunate!! Cos it will remain his opinion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 8:11pm On Aug 17, 2020
Danielnino00:

cheesy
Will you be surprised
We've being hearing it since Barca
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:16pm On Aug 17, 2020
daveP:
i don't need to. But its a fact he doesn't think highly of Africa's best legs. Thats just it. No journalist can change that. And thats unfortunate!! Cos it will remain his opinion.

But he signed Mahrez,Bony,Seydou Keita,Benatia and even our own Kayode grin

While u think he is racist, I think he has a preference to certain players...

Come to think of it, how many tactically gifted players has Africa even produced?

I'm not talking about prolific goalscorers or rugged defenders o.. I'm talking about tactically gifted players like De Bryune, Xavi,Iniesta,Messi,Silva,etc... The kinds Guardiola likes...

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 8:17pm On Aug 17, 2020
komekn:

You want to prove WHAT on faceless forum to give yourself credence to what purpose recognition.

You are indeed suffering with low self esteem.

I don't know but find your claim to be very very doubtful.

Because people who are educatrd in Nigeria have considerably better appreciation of the socio-economic and cultural dynamics in the USA than you do.

You may reflect that common phenomenon where a person lives in a country but lives socially excluded. That is too say you may work in the USA but you don't live there.

It seems paradoxical but let me explain. There are people who work and reside in the USA just like the UK. But don't engage with society as a result you have Somalians who have resided in the UK for 30 years. But cannot speak any English. So they are resident but don't live here, because to live means to be full engaged with society not excluded.

Their entire social interaction are with a limited set of people, there own people. That's why you find some Nigerians that have lived here for 20 years plus but still cannot speak English properly. Or are unable to integrate and or engage with English society in it fullness. Why because they associate only with their own people.

My cousin left Nigeria from a university teaching Hospital in South South about 6 months ago. He now works in a hospital where his entire socio engagement and interaction are with White English people in the North of England.

In that small time his accent and diction have changed his mannerisms too. His appreciation of socio culture dynamics as well. You would think he has been here for over 15 years.

You however are the opposite.

Lmao. Another bunch of incoherent twaddle from an empty brag who thought he could barge in here and intimidate Nigerians with your little travel to United Kingdom. Well ,you forced me to put you in your place. I didn't tell you where I reside until you tried to belittle me by suggesting I live in Burkina Faso as if the country was a hell hole. I am the big man here ,Nigga! You lot always start what you cant finish.

Like I stated before I can prove my claim and shut your diarrhea mouth. If you didn't like my reaction then mind your gaddem business. You have very minute exposure and you are not what you claim. There is nothing I have written here that could be seen as uncivil except when people abuse me for airing my views and I reply in kind...hehe

Also , you are a disgusting liar. Shameless liar!

If you thought I was uncivil then prove it , else , keep quiet. If accent is your problem then you are the insecure one , wouldn't you. By the way , I have a cool accent according to random people... wink wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:17pm On Aug 17, 2020
Edopesin:

cheesy
Will you be surprised
We've being hearing it since Barca

The man simply has a certain preference for players..
If he was racist, I don't think he would have many black players in his team..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:18pm On Aug 17, 2020
Abeg, guys is VICMO in Action?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 8:20pm On Aug 17, 2020
do4luv14:

If it Bends for no one,

then why are you and Idenna still Active?

Excuse me , what rule did I break?? Help me out because I am big with discipline.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:23pm On Aug 17, 2020
Are you asking me?, why not read the Rules and see for yourself,

discpline Indeed

IDENNAA:

Excuse me , what rule did I break?? Help me out because I am big with discipline.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:23pm On Aug 17, 2020
Chris... This is the way to go on this particular one. Trust me my good man. If it was you who got banned... I will do the same thing. And that is also b'cos you are also a top contributor in here.

I understand the rules very well. This is why it is a plea. I especially understand that these mods have lives. Joebie's comments on the saying the mod should get a life was out of order surely but let's consider it a misstep made in the head of the moment. Worse things have been said by many against the mods/Supermods.

Please Semid4lyfe Sir... Sincerely I apologise on their behalf. You don't have to do what you don't want to do... But I wish you can just let this one pass. Please.

Chriskels... It is okay. Just let it go. I repeat, this thing I do, I will do same for you.

ChrisKels:

Dude this isn't necessary, the rule bends for no one, and this should serve as a deterrent to others. We need to bring back sanity to this thread, we have deviated way too much
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 8:24pm On Aug 17, 2020
Danielnino00:

But he signed Mahrez,Bony,Seydou Keita,Benatia and even our own Kayode grin

While u think he is racist, I think he has a preference to certain players...

Come to think of it, how many tactically gifted players has Africa even produced?

I'm not talking about prolific goalscorers or rugged defenders o.. I'm talking about tactically gifted players like De Bryune, Xavi,Iniesta,Messi,Silva,etc... The kinds Guardiola likes...

The only kanu nwankwo. He was so tactically and technically gifted. That makes him unique for an African

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 8:24pm On Aug 17, 2020
humility33:

I think you really need to understand that folks here didn't just jumped into this club and leagues discussion all of a sudden... the prolong debate and comparism of all super eagles players and others brought the discussion....and moreover that's the major football going on now.

Just that I think some folks are intimidated with some discussions here because left to me I don't see this discuss as issues and moreover it is always done once a while

European football discussions intimidates "some." How low can we go?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 8:31pm On Aug 17, 2020
Danielnino00:

It isn't about how I interpret it...it's just how it is..
How many people have reported you for derailing the thread before ?

It's a fact that you have triggered tribal discussions on this thread before...u and Idenna(omambala) .
How many people have reported u??

I would have said it's no problem until u did it again today..
Haha,calm down na...

If tribal undertones finds its way into this thread then it must surely have a source and I dont do tribal not since NRI PRIEST Moniker. Additionally, you cant just have people banned just because of your own personal issues....lets just be a little smart and follow the rules.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:35pm On Aug 17, 2020
ChrisKels:

You want him to start faking accent like ur so called cousin bro, just to feel among? No, he is a real dude and he doesn't need to fake who he is. Deal with that
u too try cross cotounou fake accent small kwanu, stop running arnd okigwe, enugu, umuahia and abakaliki

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 8:35pm On Aug 17, 2020
ChrisKels:

You want him to start faking accent like ur so called cousin bro, just to feel among? No, he is a real dude and he doesn't need to fake who he is. Deal with that

Like Mikel Obi that could barely speak proper English but the moment he landed in England Nigga was forming English accent with bad English. Awesome.

Nnaa , I hate to show off but my accent abunyegom ukwu many times before I settled wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2020
elyte89:

Dts y he needs to.move ,so his effort can b recognized/appreciated. ....forget all dis 1000 interception per season stat..not all big clubs are moved by dt wink

Maybe he needs to put in a transfer request.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2020
charlesemeka85:
u too try cross cotounou fake accent small kwanu, stop running arnd okigwe, enugu, umuahia and abakaliki

Haters have arrived grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:41pm On Aug 17, 2020
IDENNAA:

Like Mikel Obi that could barely speak proper English but the moment he landed in England Nigga was forming English accent with bad English. Awesome.

Nnaa , I hate to show off but my accent abunyegom ukwu many times before I settled wink

Nna afukwana ndi a oo grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:41pm On Aug 17, 2020
IDENNAA:

Haters have arrived grin

Abeg leave Charles oo grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:43pm On Aug 17, 2020
charlesemeka85:

My brother wetin local man go do nah? How far nah, udo o dikwa? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 8:43pm On Aug 17, 2020

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9275) (9276) (9277) (9278) (9279) (9280) (9281) ... (16392) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: zicky(m), mowah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.