Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,156 members, 7,880,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:58 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12028372 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9377) (9378) (9379) (9380) (9381) (9382) (9383) ... (16410) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 2:19pm On Aug 31, 2020
Noisyrians:
Ghana has shown over the years that it doesn’t need “top” players to perform. By the way, when was the last the super eagles beat the black stars? Do you remember? Never underestimate the Black Stars. They rise to the occasion every time.

The question was when last did they meet in a football game. I guess Angola 2010 was the last time both nations played.

No one is downgrading the stars, it's just football banter. Anybody can beat anybody its football ...... anything can happen

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:24pm On Aug 31, 2020
I already said the YT clips didn't do justice so why repeating what I already pointed out?

Good thing you can keep an eye on him now but Porto have had eyes on him for a while and now have him in their side. So try to keep up. wink

nelszx:

If he's a good crosser of the ball as said, then the YouTube video posted on this platform didn't do justice to that cos that was all we saw. No many are privy to see Santa Clara games so we really don't have these details.

Well we'll keep an eye on him and see what his game style is all about.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Provoker(m): 2:40pm On Aug 31, 2020
charlesemeka85:

The thing tire me. The ndidi I watch in the colors of Leicester is far better as he is described here.

A DM who gets 2 to 3 goals every season and as well contributes to 40% of build up play that results to Leicester goals but to them is just a mere DM or destroyer

They will only appreciate him when he turns to Carrick or bus quest over nyt but they fail to understand that certain players are best on what they re known and designed for.

lol I'm surprised too. Ndidi initiates most of leceister's counter attack

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:17pm On Aug 31, 2020
andrewbaba44:

I know you are joking but if you are not please mention the top players ?

Salisu, Ayew brothers, Partey, Duncan are the same level with our players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:28pm On Aug 31, 2020
Subzero047:

Salisu, Ayew brothers, Partey, Duncan are the same level with our players

Salisu is good and partey is the best asset

Only one Ayew brother is okay for now

Duncan is not too bad ,but if you are to compare this guys to our players only Thomas partey stands out

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 3:33pm On Aug 31, 2020
This guy is very old his legs would give way in two or three years
TheSuperNerd:
Found this on Zaidu on "O Jogo." Seems he has a €50Million Euros release clause.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 3:47pm On Aug 31, 2020
Watched N. Nwakali against Real Sociadad and dude was balling. 99.9% of his passes were tailor made. He played the deep lying playmaker and every time has the ball there is this calmness , confidence with which he moves as if he is the only player on the field. During the dying minutes Nwakali unleashed one of those his trademark piercing shots that got blocked by Sociadad's defender. May I also add that his pressing game has improved. I honestly think Nwakali is set for a comeback. However, he isn't 100% fit but I am sure Nwakali wont be sitting on the bench when the season resumes. Too much talent.

Cc. TheSuperNerd Cc. Chriskels

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:50pm On Aug 31, 2020
lakesidepapa:

Nerd! Honestly, This guy looks 30s. We don't have problem in the Fullbacks and central back. But who are we to bank on now for AM position? we can't rely on Iwobi, Rohr has more work to do.

First two Pics: Zaidu in 2016-2017

Last two pics: Zaidu in 2020.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:52pm On Aug 31, 2020
Thank you, our digital age expert.

isan:
This guy is very old his legs would give way in two or three years

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:56pm On Aug 31, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
I am hyping him? Hahahahahahaha

Zaidu got a sweet left foot when crossing the ball, Zaidu is super fast (as fast as Alphonso Davies if not faster even), Zaidu can attack/overlap and recover due to his crazy speed, Zaidu can join the attack and go give our LW an option to play off on when in transition or when building an attacking move wingwards, Zaidu also got great leaps for aerial balls. He smashed a powerful header past Benfica in a league match.

Zaidu is an upgrade. His only archilles' heel for now which he is still working on and showed some improvement on towards the end of 2019/20 is his defending. But the lad's speedy recovery helps him snuff out dangers quickly.

Zaidu will improve defensively. Afterall, even Davies struggled defensively when he began at Bayern but his speed and Bayern's experienced backline especially Alaba covered for him when he made a few errors that could have cost them. With time, Davies grew into the role and became more confident and boom we have on our hands one of the most talked about LBs in world football.

Now get this in... Zaidu is just as fast as Alphonso. And both also boast raw power. That should tell you something.

WB role?? Won't it fit well if Rohr calls? Just asking.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:57pm On Aug 31, 2020
In a 3-5-2, sure... He can function comfortably as a wingback. And he is sure to be called.

daveP:
WB role?? Won't it fit well if Rohr calls? Just asking.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 4:00pm On Aug 31, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
In a 3-5-2, sure... He can function comfortably as a wingback. And he is sure to be called.

Very fine then. I'm hoping onto him.. Just that the 2 in front.... Who get better Mutiu Adepoju abilities now among our attackers?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 4:02pm On Aug 31, 2020
Evra joked to a teammate's clip that In Europe he's 39, but in Africa, they'll say he's 57!!! While playing for Brentham.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:05pm On Aug 31, 2020
lakesidepapa:

Nerd! Honestly, This guy looks 30s. We don't have problem in the Fullbacks and central back. But who are we to bank on now for AM position? we can't rely on Iwobi, Rohr has more work to do.

He is not that old.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 4:22pm On Aug 31, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

First two Pics: Zaidu in 2016-2017

Last two pics: Zaidu in 2020.

Lol, How did he suddenly become papa in the last 2 pictures?. Broh! I swear this dude is in his late 30. This guy old pass me and I am now in my early thirties.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:24pm On Aug 31, 2020
cheesy cheesy
IDENNAA:
Watched N. Nwakali against Real Sociadad and dude was balling. 99.9% of his passes were tailor made. He played the deep lying playmaker and every time has the ball there is this calmness , confidence with which he moves as if he is the only player on the field. During the dying minutes Nwakali unleashed one of those his trademark piercing shots that got blocked by Sociadad's defender. May I also add that his pressing game has improved. I honestly think Nwakali is set for a comeback. However, he isn't 100% fit but I am sure Nwakali wont be sitting on the bench when the season resumes. Too much talent.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 4:24pm On Aug 31, 2020
tbaba1234:

He is not that old.
35 or 36, I know what I am saying.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:24pm On Aug 31, 2020
Whatever you say man, not his fault you are older than him but have a baby face. The pics show you are wrong. EOD.

Worse things were said about Mikel, Uzoho and co.

lakesidepapa:

Lol, How did he suddenly become papa in the last 2 pictures?. Broh! I swear this dude is in his late 30. This guy old pass me and I am now in my early thirties.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:25pm On Aug 31, 2020
lakesidepapa:

See the difference in 3 years. Based on those pictures shared by supernerd, he is not old.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:25pm On Aug 31, 2020
lakesidepapa:

35 or 36, I know what I am saying.

No you don't
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:26pm On Aug 31, 2020
Noisyrians:

You are entitled to your opinion. But football is not played with mouth, it is played on the field. Nigerians have been doing all the talk and Ghanaians have been winning on the field of play. That explain why Ghana has reached the quarter finals at the world, and almost reached the semis, while Nigeria is yet to taste a quarter final berth.

This reminds me of one of our last matches at Afcon. Nigerians were brimming with confidence because the Ghanaian team did not have “top” stars. A corner kick and Asamoah Gyan headed in the ball. Goal. That was how it ended and Ghana qualified for the semis. I don’t know how old you are, but never underestimate Ghana. It is a country with a very strong football pedigree.

Here comes our Breda. We're in 2020 now for God's sake.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 4:26pm On Aug 31, 2020
Former U17 and u20 gk, John Felagha died yesterday in Senegal. 26yrs old. Sketchy details so far.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:28pm On Aug 31, 2020
Subzero047:

U underrate Ghana, Ghana have a lot of top players
I don't underrate them bro...I just want a match against them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:28pm On Aug 31, 2020
I have seen a lot of games this preseason on our lads and I also saw this one involving Nwakali. It is true he played a really top game against Sociedad but I chose not to come talk about it here b'cos I await the main thing, the league kickoff. There are folks here who get heart attack Everytime we mention Nwakali, and I really want to have mercy on them. That's why. grin

But truthfully, he is doing well and having a fine preseason so far. I only hope he sustains this reborn act and step it up when La Liga resumes. This could be Nwakali's season. It's up to him.

IDENNAA:

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Wizzzzmike: 4:34pm On Aug 31, 2020
mostob:
I don't underrate them bro...I just want a match against them.

So Nigeria beat Ghana than what next.... means you now win the world cup?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 4:36pm On Aug 31, 2020
IDENNAA:

This reminds how he used Thomas Partey shine in the friendly match between Nigeria U23 and ATM.. Nwakali na fine player, he just need to be down to earth, keep working hard and Sky will be the limit..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 4:37pm On Aug 31, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
I have seen a lot of games this preseason on our lads and I also saw this one involving Nwakali. It is true he played a really top game against Sociedad but I chose not to come talk about it here b'cos I await the main thing, the league kickoff. There are folks here who get heart attack Everytime we mention Nwakali, and I really want to have mercy on them. That's why. grin

But truthfully, he is doing well and having a fine preseason so far. I only hope he sustains this reborn act and step it up when La Liga resumes. This could be Nwakali's season. It's up to him.

Honestly , I was not expecting much from him but as the game wears on it became obvious to me that the lad was balling , pressing and winning tackles .....I was kind of impressed by that. But his calmness on the ball exudes class....e sweet me i nogo lie. Onu kwuli njo ga emesia kwuo mma. Of course , its up to him and he isnt doing badly but imagine when the boy hits top form! Countless heart attacks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 4:39pm On Aug 31, 2020
tbaba1234:

No you don't

Say the truth and its will set you free... The guy is already in his thirties, at least, early thirties.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 4:41pm On Aug 31, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Whatever you say man, not his fault you are older than him but have a baby face. The pics show you are wrong. EOD.

Worse things were said about Mikel, Uzoho and co.

I hear you. BTW, I no get baby face. As I get hard and old face reach, if I see this dude, I will dobale greet am.. smiley smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:43pm On Aug 31, 2020
Hmmmm... Mutiu Adepoju. Fine baller. The headmaster himself. Who among our attackers get similar abilities?

Perhaps you should ask Icon4s, Kog45, Enomakos, Rabzy, and even Tbaba1234.

I have just directed you to the Elder analysts of the house of which Icon, Kog and Enomakos are the Grand Oldies. grin

Infact, let me add Forgiveness bcoz he knows Adepoju Wella. grin

daveP:
Very fine then. I'm hoping onto him.. Just that the 2 in front.... Who get better Mutiu Adepoju abilities now among our attackers?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 4:43pm On Aug 31, 2020
lakesidepapa:

This reminds how he used Thomas Partey shine in the friendly match between Nigeria U23 and ATM.. Nwakali na fine player, he just need to be down to earth, keep working hard and Sky will be the limit..

Baba, your head dey there. And , yes , he fell off a bit but I hope he has learned the world isnt waiting on him....look at Osim and Chuks , that should be enough motivation. God , Nwakali is too blessed to be wasting away. He must excel ....offor !
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 4:43pm On Aug 31, 2020
lakesidepapa:

I hear you. BTW, I no get baby face. As I get hard and old face reach, if I see this dude, I will dobale greet am.. smiley smiley
grin grin grin Na wa o

(1) (2) (3) ... (9377) (9378) (9379) (9380) (9381) (9382) (9383) ... (16410) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sureleads, Marjoribanks, Odunayaw(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.