Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,371 members, 7,901,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 09:05 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9581) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12153077 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9578) (9579) (9580) (9581) (9582) (9583) (9584) ... (16460) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:42pm On Sep 26, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Don't know if that would have made a difference really. Mendy kept goal when Algeria beat them 1-0 in the group stage.

Well I would hope Mendy wouldn't just stand and hope that ball was going over the bar.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:44pm On Sep 26, 2020
tbaba1234:

Yet, you are fined or arrested for failure to have that drivers certification.

People spend years to obtain certification so as to become coaches. Yet, you appoint someone with no basic training??

A good experienced player does not make a good coach, either. Those are two different spheres.

Disrespect?? Do you employ people with no qualifications or experience to your jobs??

There are Nigerians who are experienced professionals, but who have also spent years, sweat and money to become certified coaches. You do not receive that knowledge because you played the game.

I passed my driving test in the UK after one lesson ( I studied the theory on my own) and passed at first attempt.

There were many of my Nigerian brethren who attempted up to 7 times before they could pass.

What is experience knowledge by participative application.

The better the arena, organisation and or placement the experience is gained from , the more valued that experience. And you could say better quality application as well.

Thats why your first place of employment will define to a large extent your degree ad infinitum.

I expand if you trained to be a chef and your first job is at the Ritz Paris, you have given yourself high level value. If your first job is at Mr Biggs then you have given yourself identity at that level.

If you studied Chemistry but worked at Goldman Sachs ( investment banking group) and become an investment analyst, your career is literally defined in the high elite income bracket of the world.

If you studied Finance and Economics but worked for Oredo local government council, your career is defined at the level.

I know about coaching badges in England's Scotland and the requirements to get them. It is not problematic and from my perspective very simple.

For Yobo to get a placement at Everton and get his badges will take him 6 months or thereabouts, in most cases EPL players are given lots of discretion and it's just a matter of fulfilling all righteousness.

So tell me what local coaches know in Nigeria that he Yobo doesn't know and can probably school them on.

I remember years ago when some Nigeria internationals were appalled at the low level and understanding of the coaches. They offered to get a defensive coach from the EPL at thier own expense. Of course the NFF coaches did not like the idea.

Be realistic, there is knowledge by association the higher that association the better the knowledge, understanding and application.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:49pm On Sep 26, 2020
fabyom:
Nigerian boys everywhere in London!
Nigerian parents taking project Mbappe very serious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:50pm On Sep 26, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
I hope for double digits too but realistically, let us hope he gets enough game time too. I just want the lad to impress enough to earn a permanent deal. I want to believe he will get chances to show what he can do as he boasts a different style and profile to the other Koln strikers. He is the tallest and most gigantic among them so that could see the coach utilise him as a target man weapon when brought on. Time will tell.

He starts from the bench today while Awoniyi starts for Union Berlin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 1:51pm On Sep 26, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

What do we have? Players who don't play at that position for their club thats what.

Iheanacho wasn't given the chance. They converted him from day one.

U are trying to drag the NPFL into this discussion when nobody as mentioned an NPFL player yet. The fact is we have no true AMF on the team because if we did they would play there for their club even if it was once in a while
Check the post i replied to. If we're saying because we don't have an AM in the top 5 leagues and should look for one outside Europe - I'm asking who outside Europe would be a better option than we have currently??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:54pm On Sep 26, 2020
Philosopher1979:

Maradona was a good player but a bad coach. Coaching and playing are two different things. Some level of certification is needed.
Besides a rookie like Yobo should not handle the Super Eagles. He can start with the junior team or a local club side.

It cuts both ways.

There are highly experienced, inept and incompetent coaches with full badges as well. Having a badge doesn't make you a great coach.

There are excellent players who are also excellent coaches too, Zidane, Pep, Cocu, etc

Gerrard and Lampard can be described as rookies but they are very good coaches.

And yes there are ex players who are clueless, l remember my friend Fash who brought a team of " U18 Nigeria All Stars" to Manchester in 2013, they had some good players but my team flogged them 8-1. They simply were not coached properly playing as individuals but not as a team.

They were supposed to play Manchester United and City but it didn't go well after that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:58pm On Sep 26, 2020
Icon4s:

How are you so sure of this? Which of their teams have you watched lately?

Im not so sure about this, but the fact that they aren't high in demand is what i hinge my opinion on. After many many years. And if they actually are, we'd simply hear about it regularly. I might be proven wrong, but that's my stance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:01pm On Sep 26, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Smiles ,I was so happy for nacho last season because he still managed to score despite the little game time

I will still call it average at least not below average which can be tagged as someone who have a bad season like ujah and some few others

Maybe if nacho had scored like 15 goals then I will go with the above average

He scored 10 goals in all competition na ? If na 5 goals he score dem go call am below average that’s why I can’t see 10 goals more than being average

The Benchmark is the EPL not low level opposition in cup games.

He scored 5 goals in the EPL after 20 games, the previous season he scored just 1 goal after 30 games.

These are not figures to call a player OUTSTANDING. Let's be truthful and balanced, this is a £25 million striker.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:04pm On Sep 26, 2020
charlesemeka85:
Dominic iorfa jnr wanted by Watford

I wonder why they seem to have dropped interest in a proven player from Seria A.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 2:07pm On Sep 26, 2020
Taiwo Awoniyi start

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 2:10pm On Sep 26, 2020
komekn:

I wonder why they seem to have dropped interest in a proven player from Seria A.

The proven player from Seria A probably considered it a step down and didn't want the move

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:16pm On Sep 26, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
It wowed Rohr. It earned him a NT recall. Nacho was outstanding for Leicester even after the Covid break. So how was his "good season" an average one?? I don't care that you agree with anyone but it doesn't alter the fact that Nacho had an above average season in 2019/2020. You guys are only trying to be conservative with the truth b'cos of the backlash Nacho has gotten in here for the past two seasons before 2019/2020 thus don't wanna appear as one of those who are "hyping". The truth is the truth. Nacho was above average last season. Full Stop!

Lol grin > grin grin...dis ur stand sounds like u want to force ur opinion on nacho having above average season down to our throat grin grin

As for me...he had a "poor" season...kan arrest me angry angry cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:22pm On Sep 26, 2020
komekn:

I passed my driving test in the UK after one lesson ( I studied the theory on my own) and passed at first attempt.

There were many of my Nigerian brethren who attempted up to 7 times before they could pass.

What is experience knowledge by participative application.

The better the arena, organisation and or placement the experience is gained from , the more valued that experience. And you could say better quality application as well.

Thats why your first place of employment will define to a large extent your degree ad infinitum.

I expand if you trained to be a chef and your first job is at the Ritz Paris, you have given yourself high level value. If your first job is at Mr Biggs then you have given yourself identity at that level.

If you studied Chemistry but worked at Goldman Sachs ( investment banking group) and become an investment analyst, your career is literally defined in the high elite income bracket of the world.

If you studied Finance and Economics but worked for Oredo local government council, your career is defined at the level.

I know about coaching badges in England's Scotland and the requirements to get them. It is not problematic and from my perspective very simple.

For Yobo to get a placement at Everton and get his badges will take him 6 months or thereabouts, in most cases EPL players are given lots of discretion and it's just a matter of fulfilling all righteousness.

So tell me what local coaches know in Nigeria that he Yobo doesn't know and can probably school them on.

I remember years ago when some Nigeria internationals were appalled at the low level and understanding of the coaches. They offered to get a defensive coach from the EPL at thier own expense. Of course the NFF coaches did not like the idea.

Be realistic, there is knowledge by association the higher that association the better the knowledge, understanding and application.

Yobo is not coaching an amateur team or an NPFL team. He is an assistant coach with the most senior team in the country. Surely, higher standards should be expected.

You proved my point with the drivers test. You took it once, some others took it several times. They needed to acquaint themselves with the laws to be successful.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:26pm On Sep 26, 2020
Lol... Your own no be problem. Na just to "bribe" you with Haaland updates. Case settled. grin

elyte89:

Lol grin > grin grin...dis ur stand sounds like u want to force ur opinion on nacho having above average season down to our throat grin grin

As for me...he had a "poor" season...kan arrest me angry angry cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:27pm On Sep 26, 2020
Chriskels grin grin

maidaboi:
Taiwo Awoniyi start
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:29pm On Sep 26, 2020
Lol... Maybe, maybe not. We really can't say as he didn't keep goal. But he is Senegal's first choice when fit. Algeria did it against Senegal regardless of who was in goal in the group stage and in the final so we really can't say. wink

BascoVanVeli:

Well I would hope Mendy wouldn't just stand and hope that ball was going over the bar.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:32pm On Sep 26, 2020
komekn:

ekong declined the move

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:36pm On Sep 26, 2020
daveP:
Im not so sure about this, but the fact that they aren't high in demand is what i hinge my opinion on. After many many years. And if they actually are, we'd simply hear about it regularly. I might be proven wrong, but that's my stance.

Well, I wish you really know what coaching is all about especially at Youth stage.

For those age grade categories you don't need coaches who are "In high demand"(or whatever description you give it).

Scouting and coaching players at cadet level is different from Coaching at Senior level, be it Club or country. Why do you think most if not all our former youth coaches have never done well when they coach the Super Eagles? They are two different ball games.

We have certain coaches that specialize in coaching at Youth level. In Nigeria some of them also coach NPFL teams just to keep going.

Likewise ask Rohr to assemble for us our next U17 team and watch how he will fail woefully.

I know a lot of peeps were hoping to see likes Finidi George and or Joseph Yobo on the list of our new Youth coaches. For those ones, time will tell.

Coaches Bosso and Amao are no new comers to coaching at youth level. Let's give them this chance.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:37pm On Sep 26, 2020
Splendid. While Ehizibue starts too for Koln. Hope to see Tolu join him on the field later on.

As for Awo... Hope he can bag a goal for his confidence.

jihday:
He starts from the bench today while Awoniyi starts for Union Berlin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:45pm On Sep 26, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Chriskels grin grin

This is what I want from him, though I would have been happier if the move was a permanent one, not moving to Greece
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:47pm On Sep 26, 2020
You see U17 coaches still barking instructions at the boys despite all the team talks. At that level the kids easily get carried away so the coaches need to keep shouting at them grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 2:54pm On Sep 26, 2020
charlesemeka85:
ekong declined the move
he did well,he shall move to another seria A side instead

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 3:05pm On Sep 26, 2020
Is K. Nwakali injured?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:08pm On Sep 26, 2020
mank1234:
Is K. Nwakali injured?
Them say he get coro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:08pm On Sep 26, 2020
mank1234:
Is K. Nwakali injured?
him get corona kiss
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:08pm On Sep 26, 2020
cheesy
jihday:
Them say he get coro

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 26, 2020
Any update on Awoniyi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:23pm On Sep 26, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Lol... Maybe, maybe not. We really can't say as he didn't keep goal. But he is Senegal's first choice when fit. Algeria did it against Senegal regardless of who was in goal in the group stage and in the final so we really can't say. wink

No ooo that goal was too some how. Senegal is a relatively calm country. I can't even imagine losing a final like that for the super eagles unless maybe a super accomplished keeper like Enyeama might get away with it but Akpeyi grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:40pm On Sep 26, 2020
Uduokhai scores

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:43pm On Sep 26, 2020
Elyte89, our lad Uduokhai is doing it against your son ooo. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:59pm On Sep 26, 2020
Icon4s:

Well, I wish you really know what coaching is all about especially at Youth stage.

For those age grade categories you don't need coaches who are "In high demand"(or whatever description you give it).

Scouting and coaching players at cadet level is different from Coaching at Senior level, be it Club or country. Why do you think most if not all our former youth coaches have never done well when they coach the Super Eagles? They are two different ball games.

We have certain coaches that specialize in coaching at Youth level. In Nigeria some of them also coach NPFL teams just to keep going.

Likewise ask Rohr to assemble for us our next U17 team and watch how he will fail woefully.

I know a lot of peeps were hoping to see likes Finidi George and or Joseph Yobo on the list of our new Youth coaches. For those ones, time will tell.

Coaches Bosso and Amao are no new comers to coaching at youth level. Let's give them this chance.

That's how u told me to give John Obuh a chance with Akwa United and next thing u know he started accusing our boys of playing bet with our games angry

A coach should carry some type of clout into the job. If nobody heard of u for 5 years prior to your appointment then it's not even good enough for an NPFL club side talkless a national team.

Gbenga Ogunbote has achieved year after year yet his name is not even whispered. We need a hiring that gives confidence
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:02pm On Sep 26, 2020
Olise and Ejaria balling hard against cardiff

(1) (2) (3) ... (9578) (9579) (9580) (9581) (9582) (9583) (9584) ... (16460) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ppogbae, 123jamessmith, lovewins, SamueItem337(m), chrisooblog, tsquare299(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.