Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,181 members, 7,880,685 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:15 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9778) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12029091 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9775) (9776) (9777) (9778) (9779) (9780) (9781) ... (16410) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:02pm On Oct 12, 2020
Karlovich:
I agree with you regarding Nwakali at the same time Onyedinma is below average, his club has lost all their games so far this season with him not getting good ratings in the games he played in. Oforboh probably won't be called up as well as he hasn't done enough to warrant a call up. Benrhama is a lion in the championship and is on the verge of joining West Ham.

Agreed without reservation with the bold.

I agree that Onyedinma has not been outstanding and his team look like immediate candidates for relegation.

But we did not say Etebo is not good when he couldn't make any consistent head way in the Championship.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:03pm On Oct 12, 2020
komekn:

Just the normal bigoted hypocritical double-standard being shamelessly played out as usual here.

Tell me how this guy in fact all the German born Nigerian defenders are better than Adarabioyo and Iorfa please.

Oh they play in the Bundesliga thar automatically equates to outstanding.

You should have made your research also

I was wrong about his appearance,Wikipedia confused me

Dude is better than adaribioyo and iorfa ,he has been tested at higher level at least and same can’t be said of adaribioyo and iorfa

Let me see what adaribioyo will do at Fulham this season then I might change my views about him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:07pm On Oct 12, 2020
Edopesin:

The word "Outplay" has certainly lost its meaning. Both teams were terrible but one was lucky enough to get a goal.

We were in no way "Outplayed"

Onuachu played well and any other striker of his stature and in his position wouldn't have done more than he did.

We had no midfield, they were as flat as a pancake devoid of any inventiveness.

Algeria were not sensational but considerably better than us although not up to the levels we know they can reach.

The reality is even if Osimhen played I don't see any major difference. He would have been starved of service.

How is it that basic crossing our wingbacks and wingers, just don't seem to know how to do.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:12pm On Oct 12, 2020
elunico:

Many of us don't watch league 1, only you do. I've seen Onyedinma once or twice at Millwall, nothing special.

At least, oforboh has an appearance in the EPL.

What has Onyedinma done this season thus far? Has e done better than Oforboh?

How many people are singing Nwakali praises here?[b] They are not up to 5,
I've never been one of them, I don't rate him and I don't expect him to be in our team anytime soon.
[/b]

Correction Onyedinma is in the Championship and was in the Championship with Millwall before a bitter disagreement with Neil made him refuse to play for Millwall.

He won his first MOTM playing as a teenager in the Championship.

It seems Nwakali has majority support here buy for doing NUTTIN.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:13pm On Oct 12, 2020
elunico:

Many of us don't watch league 1, only you do. I've seen Onyedinma once or twice at Millwall, nothing special.

At least, oforboh has an appearance in the EPL.

What has Onyedinma done this season thus far? Has e done better than Oforboh?

How many people are singing Nwakali praises here? [b] They are not up to 5,
I've never been one of them, I don't rate him and I don't expect him to be in our team anytime soon.
[/b]

Correction Onyedinma is in the Championship and was in the Championship with Millwall before a bitter disagreement with Neil made him refuse to play for Millwall.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 7:15pm On Oct 12, 2020
komekn:

Just the normal bigoted hypocritical double-standard being shamelessly played out as usual here.

Tell me how this guy in fact all the German born Nigerian defenders are better than Adarabioyo and Iorfa please.

Just say it bro. Championship is better than bundesliga grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:19pm On Oct 12, 2020
chrisooblog:
Onyedinma has been mentioned a million times by komekn. If the national team's technical crew is deliberately ignoring Onyedinma why haven't the 'unbiased' England football club system noticed his 'talent'?

Like you i'm tired of this diversionary tactic of bringing up Nwakali's name to cover up his bias.

Actually i had not talked about Onyedinma for almost two seasons.

I then talked about him when he almost single handedly dragged his team Wycombe Wanderers to the Championship this season. He was given multiple accolades.

At Millwall he was also outstanding before falling out with the Manager.

Now in comparison what has Nwakali done in the past 5 years. How many top clubs have shown interest in Nwakali.

Onyedinma turned down opportunities to go to QPR and Watford two seasons ago.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 7:21pm On Oct 12, 2020
komekn:

Nobody suggested that but you presumed that, l do not know where from.

If we can have players from the back waters of European football, invited to the SE. Why not the Championship

Using Etebo as a benchmark arguably our best Midfielder in the World cup and Afcon. Playing for Stoke he has been unable to be outstanding in the Championship. However, Ovie, Olise,
Tega Onomah, Eze have been stand out players in the championship leaving Etebo behind.

It is reasonable to presume therefore that if these Nigerian origin players were given opportunity in the SE. They may perfom as good or even better.

I will remind you that Aribo was essentially an English league one player when he came to the SE. And he immediately was outstanding.

So, League One is better than Scottish league, right?

Bros, there are what we say, and there are what we infer. You didn't say doesn't mean you didn't infer it. No even try use that yarns.

You keep, persistently, repeatedly, overly, time after time, referring us to the EFL. Is our NT that bad that we have to keep going to EFL to get players? Because UK colonised us means we should keep suckling them? Our national team is not worthy of EPL players?

Okay, fine, we are not worthy of EPL players, agreed. Is our placenta tied to England and EFL that we have to keep going there? Na only England and parents emigrate go? What about other nations who have players actively playing in top leagues? Oh, championship is better than every other league except EPL and laliga?

No dey refer us to EFL, abeg. A team is meant to grow in class, and not by feeding on crumbs

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 7:22pm On Oct 12, 2020
komekn:

But we did not say Etebo is not good when he couldn't make any consistent head way in the Championship.

Because Etebo had a career before going to championship. What does Dimma have?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 7:29pm On Oct 12, 2020
komekn:

Agreed without reservation with the bold.

I agree that Onyedinma has not been outstanding and his team look like immediate candidates for relegation.

Etebo was already a Nigerian international when he joined Stoke progessing through youth team football for Nigeria, its clearly different from Onyedinma's case.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 7:31pm On Oct 12, 2020
CornOak:

I'm not sure you watched that game or probably just pained that we lost the game. The SE recorded three shots on target with 6 off target.
i watched the game, please can you tell me who played those shots on target?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 7:38pm On Oct 12, 2020
Lookman switch is ongoing
Ejaria switch is ongoing
We're toasting Eze, albeit he's doing shakara.
We have Aribo and Iwobi.

But komekn want us to turn Super Eagles to 3 Lions 2.0, by inviting every English player eligible. Even if there are better dual nationality players.

Iorfa is a beastly player, but has played all his career in lower leagues.

Yet, Komekn is beefing that we're inviting German players at the behest of his favorite English players.

See boss, we can't have them all. There are dual nationality players that will never play for any national team. That's just the truth.

Yoruba will say, "wọn rii ibi wa si England"

We have other countries up for grabs also, you can't expect us to be flirting with only English players, who by the way, mostly use us to do shakara. But that's not the point. There are Nigerians all over Europe, begging to be capped, that won't even do shakara. But you're always particular about English players alone.

Ah, tranquilo hermano, tranquilo undecided

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:38pm On Oct 12, 2020
barackodam:

I agree you don't need it. But if you truly don't, you wouldn't be constantly reminding us that you have unfiltered access to academies in UK, that you know most top scouts, and that you know the ins and outs of UK football.

Someone who says all those, constantly, is sure looking for recognition

You know when you drive a Mercedes-Benz GLE63 AMG, you put on a pair of sunglasses and push the seat right right back, because that's your preferred comfort position.

And you are nodding your head to the beat and very happy to be in Nigeria and away from the cold damp inhospitable Streets of England. You don't even have to worry about speed cameras.

Some people will consider it " No long ting " some other will turn red with anger and say " he is posing " others will go green with envy and say " Eéeeeeee tink say e beta pass us"

You comments are a reflection of yourself and your own perceptions and not my actions. In reality i could say a lot more but to what purpose.

All these things I talk about are absolutely mundane to me and near everyday experience they are ABSOLUTELY NOTHING SPECIAL to me and many of my associates and even to some people here.

But to you it seems a big deal, can l ask why.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CornOak(m): 7:40pm On Oct 12, 2020
Karlovich:
i watched the game, please can you tell me who played those shots on target?

Someone posted the link to the game a few pages back, you are free to watch again to clear your doubts.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 7:42pm On Oct 12, 2020
grin grin why you dey find wahala

barackodam:

Just say it bro. Championship is better than bundesliga grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 7:44pm On Oct 12, 2020
CornOak:

Someone posted the link to the game a few pages back, you are free to watch again to clear your doubts.
I watched it earlier and I have watched it again so please kindly tell me who played the shots on target, the game was also followed on this thread, it's a simple question?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:45pm On Oct 12, 2020
Edopesin:

hmm interesting

The way family and friends of players pop up on this thread when we're talking about our homegrown player ages though. Coincidence or?

I know the one about Ejuke is correct.. He is about 1 or 2 years older than he claims.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 7:46pm On Oct 12, 2020
komekn:

I never asked you to explain his misfortune to me, I don't care. I watched him when he was at Millwall, I saw nothing special.

Yes, as a teenager, he won an MOTM, what has he done after that?

Majority support? I don't rate him, he wouldn't make my top 50 list of SE players and prospects.

Now, name at least 5 monikers who are always pouring encomium on the so called Nwakali?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 7:48pm On Oct 12, 2020
komekn:

You are highly made up of ignorance! Stop jumping to conclusions on things you know nothing about. Andrew cited Wikipedia and according them, the stats is correct as at September 2018!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 7:49pm On Oct 12, 2020
komekn:

We got Aina right from EPL and he has been average!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 7:54pm On Oct 12, 2020
Me I sha want make we cap Akinfenwa ASAP
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 12, 2020
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 12, 2020
ekong and kalu have both left the camp
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:57pm On Oct 12, 2020
barackodam:
Lookman switch is ongoing
Ejaria switch is ongoing
We're toasting Eze, albeit he's doing shakara.
We have Aribo and Iwobi.

But komekn want us to turn Super Eagles to 3 Lions 2.0, by inviting every English player eligible. Even if there are better dual nationality players.

Iorfa is a beastly player, but has played all his career in lower leagues.

Yet, Komekn is beefing that we're inviting German players at the behest of his favorite English players.

See boss, we can't have them all. There are dual nationality players that will never play for any national team. That's just the truth.

Yoruba will say, "wọn rii ibi wa si England"

We have other countries up for grabs also, you can't expect us to be flirting with only English players, who by the way, mostly use us to do shakara. But that's not the point. There are Nigerians all over Europe, begging to be capped, that won't even do shakara. But you're always particular about English players alone.

Ah, tranquilo hermano, tranquilo undecided

The number of Nigerians in the UK legal and illegal as well is probably close to 2 million.

There is an overwhelming number of our people here. To buttress my point look at considerable crowd demonstrating to the End SARS in London.

Which Nigerian major Church, media company, Bank , etc doesn't have a branch office in London❓ l wonder why

What I QUESTIONED was the blatant double standard and hypocrisy in fast tracking Akpoguma. A player who made public that he was not interested in playing for the SE consistently and continously over several years changed his mind and in a few weeks he is in the SE.

Then we have Ovie, and yes if you like get angry and say l am telling LIES. l have spoken to him and near three years ago he made a commitment. The same followed for Ademola. We could also say the same with Eze.

So for how many years does it take to meet the FIFA requirements for change of allegiance.

Then one German commits and within weeks he is playing for the SE. That is my issue, FAVORITISM

Don't twist issues with your hidden agenda, my position is very clear.

Finally, l talk about UK Nigerians because first of all I am one. Secondly, l know a lot of these boys watched them training at matches, youth games and senior games l know their coaches, their agents, etc

So I don't rely on the media and hearsay , l also know the ones Rohr visited and the promises made that we are still waiting to be fulfilled.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 7:59pm On Oct 12, 2020
sheyishemba:
Why? Rohr flog them?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 12, 2020
AndSunGorilla:

Bros abeg wetin be the scores of our match against Tunisia? Cos e be like you are always ahead of time grin

Na play, continue giving us the updates abeg.

lolzzzz
kalu and ekong has left the camp this evening
Kalu because of injury against Algeria
ekong because he just joined Watford and the coach Want his to fight for a spot and ekong is very match Rusty everyone is disappointed his performance in the drills today
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 12, 2020
sheyishemba:
ekong and kalu have both left the camp

cc barokodam hope say Una dey count am thank God no be me talk am this time around I didnt wanna break the news before lolzzz
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 8:01pm On Oct 12, 2020
We really miss him, but he is past his prime.

MetalJigsaw:
A we miss Mikel... It's a pity we only have a scout in Rohr and not a coach. The faxt that your players are struggling to trap the ball and string passes together says a lot about you as the coach.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 12, 2020
JohnBullMySon:
Why? Rohr flog them?
Nope match rusty and injury
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 12, 2020
we're likely to play a 3-5-2 formation / 4-4-2 80% sure
3 5 2
okoye
akpo. balogun. Ajayi

Sanusi. Tijani. onyeka. ebuehi
iwobi
Musa. nacho

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 8:08pm On Oct 12, 2020
komekn:

The number of Nigerians in the UK legal and illegal as well is probably close to 2 million.

There is an overwhelming number of our people here. To buttress my point look at considerable crowd demonstrating to the End SARS in London.

Which Nigerian major Church, media company, Bank , etc doesn't have a branch office in London❓ l wonder why

What I QUESTIONED was the blatant double standard and hypocrisy in fast tracking Akpoguma. A player who made public that he was not interested in playing for the SE consistently and continously over several years changed his mind and in a few weeks he is in the SE.

Then we have Ovie, and yes if you like get angry and say l am telling LIES. l have spoken to him and near three years ago he made a commitment. The same followed for Ademola. We could also say the same with Eze.

So for how many years does it take to meet the FIFA requirements for change of allegiance.

Then one German commits and within weeks he is playing for the SE. That is my issue, FAVORITISM

Don't twist issues with your hidden agenda, my position is very clear.

Finally, l talk about UK Nigerians because first of all I am one. Secondly, l know a lot of these boys watched them training at matches, youth games and senior games l know their coaches, their agents, etc

So I don't rely on the media and hearsay , l also know the ones Rohr visited and the promises made that we are still waiting to be fulfilled.

Pinnick also spoke with and took pictures with Abraham yet he still ended up with England, he still attends Nigerian shows in the UK and also identifies with Nigeria but it doesn't change anything, Patrick Owomoyela was contacted by Nigeria under Christian Chukwu despite committing with the Eagles he ended up with Germany, Same with Sidney Sam under Keshi, Dennis Aogo under Amodu Shuaibu, so unless you are in these player's mind or to an extent their agent you can't guarantee anything despite the fact that you know them individually.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 8:08pm On Oct 12, 2020
smartsmith0907:

Nope match rusty and injury
hmm, so someone can just decide to leave the camp because he feels he is match rusty. An assistant captain sef. Smh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9775) (9776) (9777) (9778) (9779) (9780) (9781) ... (16410) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lelion, AndSunGorilla and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.