Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,827 members, 7,972,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 12:17 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9902) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12567334 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9899) (9900) (9901) (9902) (9903) (9904) (9905) ... (16779) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:02am On Oct 31, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

With due respect who gives a f*ck about Adebayor playing better? Did we play with more freedom against Algeria or Tunisia?

See this is what you people don't see. Osimhen isn't complaining for u to pass him the ball, he wants you to make the right decision for his team. This is something his friends talked about way back as the U17 world cup. Like i said he is a natural born leader. He is selfless, he is bold and he leads empathy.
You don't give a Bleep about an Adebayor example just like we shouldn't give a Bleep about your examples of young captains who didn't last long term.
Osimhen has not shown anything yet that shows he deserves to be captain. We have 3-4 players we would consider before him. Shikena. No be to dey shout dey make captain.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:18am On Oct 31, 2020
Subzero047:
I think Nwakaeme should take a step up in Europe

Moving to France won't be a harder but much more beneficial for his exposure to the SE

Too bad he is a late bloomer

Dude has been our best winter in Europe going to 2 seasons

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 8:19am On Oct 31, 2020
jihday:
Still doesn't mean he can't provide necessary direction, Mikel too is a quiet guy and he was a worthy captain

Well...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:19am On Oct 31, 2020
Utonwanne:
Captainship is not about age. Neymar was handed the armband at 22

He is Neymar

But my guy later drop the captain
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:21am On Oct 31, 2020
Karlovich:
In this your comment only Neymar captained his country at 22 and he had more than 30 caps for his country before then and was an experienced player for the side, currently he is no longer their captain and hasn't been for years. The rest of the players you mentioned weren't their national team captain.

I think say na only me one go talk this thing wey you talk

Baba say I Dey against am

I Dey wonder when Torres captain Spain
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 8:23am On Oct 31, 2020
andrewbaba44:

All the other guys Torres, Totti were club captain at an early age.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:23am On Oct 31, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

How about this;

Youngest International Soccer Captains a
Zé Elias, Brazil: 19 years and two days

Aaron Ramsey, Wales: 20 years and 90 days

Darren Fletcher, Scotland: 20 years and 115 days

Julian Draxler, Germany: 20 years and 235 days

Dolf Kessler, Netherlands: 21 years and 28 days

Raphael Varane, France: 21 years and 172 days

Cristiano Ronaldo, Portugal: 22 years and one day

Bobby Moore, England: 22 years and 47 days

Michael Owen, England: 22 years and 100 days

Neymar, Brazil: 23 years and 22 days

Lionel Messi, Argentina: 23 years and 343 days

https://www.google.com/amp/s/the18.com/soccer-entertainment/youngest-international-soccer-captains%3famp

But Neymar was the only player you mentioned from this list and you said he captained Brazil when he was below osimhen age ,you had to go use google now to get some facts cheesy cheesy

Apart from Messi and Neymar the rest captained because the main captain was absent
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:24am On Oct 31, 2020
DrKlever:
Who thinks being the oldest person in a team qualifies one to be a captain? You don't teach true leadership, it's an inborn trait and age is just a number!

Be straight

Osimhen is not a captain material

EOD
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:25am On Oct 31, 2020
Olulong:

All the other guys Torres, Totti were club captain at an early age.

The arguement na national team and not club bros
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 8:26am On Oct 31, 2020
andrewbaba44:

I wonder too, Raul and Casillas were Spain's captain during that period.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:30am On Oct 31, 2020
MetalJigsaw:
Onuachu again! This guy keeps banging it in.

Seems like he's destined to be the top scorer in Belgium this season.

That guy is not far from joining average teams in Europe top 5 leagues expecially epl laliga seria A

He won’t cost more than 15 to 20 million euros because he is 26
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 8:33am On Oct 31, 2020
andrewbaba44:

The arguement na national team and not club bros

Yes I know. I dey try support your Point I no dey start another argument
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:34am On Oct 31, 2020
Karlovich:

Torres didn’t play much with Raul

But he was behind these guys in terms or leadership (iniesta Xavi Ramos puyol Alonso)

If these guys no Dey field self they might give capdevilla or Carlos Marchena self than Torres grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:34am On Oct 31, 2020
Olulong:

Yes I know. I dey try support your Point I no dey start another argument

Lol

No mind me jare grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 8:35am On Oct 31, 2020
Karlovich:

People wey dey before Torres plenty for that captain hierarchy. Raul, Casillas, Puyol, Xavi, Xabi Alonso. Sometimes sef Valdes during qualifiers when the regulars were not playing.I Don't think Torres ever wore it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 8:36am On Oct 31, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Torres didn’t play much with Raul

But he was behind these guys in terms or leadership (iniesta Xavi Ramos puyol Alonso)

If these guys no Dey field self they might give capdevilla or Carlos Marchena self than Torres grin
Imagine grin cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:38am On Oct 31, 2020
Subzero047:
This Nelson Semedo I'm seeing is not the one that played for Barca

Lol

Has he been good at wolves ?

Well he wasn’t bad for Barcelona and the fans loved him ,but he was just unlucky to be sacrificed as a scape goat by the board after that 8-2 loss

They sold him well grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:39am On Oct 31, 2020
Utonwanne:

Still, he had a lot seniors. It's about leadership not age!

Dem just give Neymar that captain because of big name and so do Messi for Argentina

None of them have leadership qualities

But you can’t have a Messi in a team and not give him the band

Shebi neymar later drop the band for Thiago Silva and Alves
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 8:41am On Oct 31, 2020
MetalJigsaw:
Onuachu again! This guy keeps banging it in.

Seems like he's destined to be the top scorer in Belgium this season.
Rohr needs to bring him back and pair him up osimhen, their combination might do the trick.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:42am On Oct 31, 2020
hatakekakashi:

Onuachu assist grin

I like this reply grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:43am On Oct 31, 2020
do4luv14:

Vex kor? Vexipa no.........
Make em carry that vexation, take boil yam for SE na wahala

He will get a good club in a better league if he continues like this

That’s the most important thing to him ok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:44am On Oct 31, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

At the time was Neymar's coach comparing his experience to Osimhen or the rest of the Brazilian national team?

We are not Brazil. Not in any regard so this notion that our guys should meet up with the impossible is silly.

You are making too much noise

Osimhen cannot he captain okay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:47am On Oct 31, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

Obviously I am not speaking on every single Nigerian.

When his transfer was looking bad, hate. When he doesn't score, hate. Gets wrongfully sent off, hate. Wolfsburg nko? Should I go on?

If people here can love their British colonial clubs too much, oga leave me to love my Osimhen.

Calm down and be straight

You de fear to call people out ?

Almost everyone here loves victor and it’s so clear

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:11am On Oct 31, 2020
edi287:

You don't give a Bleep about an Adebayor example just like we shouldn't give a Bleep about your examples of young captains who didn't last long term.
Osimhen has not shown anything yet that shows he deserves to be captain. We have 3-4 players we would consider before him. Shikena. No be to dey shout dey make captain.

I don't because they are not the same situation. U are simply being mischievous. We all know that the team plays better with Victor that is a proven fact or I'm I lying? So who is your Adebayor on this team that played better against Algeria? Since he became a starter the SE have only scored one goal without him on the pitch. Explain that?

We will not go any further than we have in the past without Victor Osimhen.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:12am On Oct 31, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Fear who? Oga if u see me face to face na u go fear straight up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:12am On Oct 31, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Basco is just being unnecessarily sentimental...

Osimhen in my opinion isn't a captain material yet... after Musa, Balogun is the leader in that team, followed by Ekong and Omeruo...
Even Iwobi has better leadership qualities.
Osimhen doesn't need to burden himself with that captainship yet...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:14am On Oct 31, 2020
andrewbaba44:

You are making too much noise

Osimhen cannot he captain okay

Pass by my post like I do yours. it's that simple. I am here debating. Nothing I say carries weight so what is your problem?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:20am On Oct 31, 2020
andrewbaba44:

But Neymar was the only player you mentioned from this list and you said he captained Brazil when he was below osimhen age ,you had to go use google now to get some facts cheesy cheesy

Apart from Messi and Neymar the rest captained because the main captain was absent
I did mention Verane right?
Plus that is why Google is there. I'm not a f*cking encyclopedia na. This is the difference between me and u, I can admit my faults and still sleep well at night.

I dropped those names to show that it is possible to be a young captain all that other talk is just u guys trying to deflect from the fact that u can be a younger captain.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:21am On Oct 31, 2020
Just read somewhere that Edo state govt have thrown the gate open for our game against Sierra Leone...

does that mean Nigeria is allowing fans into stadiums for sport activities??

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:23am On Oct 31, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

Pass by my post like I do yours. it's that simple. I am here debating. Nothing I say carries weight so what is your problem?

Pass which post ?

Here is not Instagram or Facebook

I quote who I like ok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:24am On Oct 31, 2020
Danielnino00:

Basco is just being unnecessarily sentimental...

Osimhen in my opinion isn't a captain material yet... after Musa, Balogun is the leader in that team, followed by Ekong and Omeruo...
Even Iwobi has better leadership qualities.
Osimhen doesn't need to burden himself with that captainship yet...

Agreed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:25am On Oct 31, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

Fear who? Oga if u see me face to face na u go fear straight up

Lol

Wetin this one de talk self

Chai

(1) (2) (3) ... (9899) (9900) (9901) (9902) (9903) (9904) (9905) ... (16779) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheGoodJoe(m), Dannyxy(m), Lyster360(m), mank1234(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.