Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,384 members, 7,947,623 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 04:19 AM

The Internet Is A god, It Has Been Good To You. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Internet Is A god, It Has Been Good To You. (379 Views)

God Has Been Good / Australian Police Python Photo Breaks The Internet / The Internet Is Confused By This Optical Illusion Of How Many Girls Are In This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Internet Is A god, It Has Been Good To You. by geeboy1(m): 9:38am On Mar 30, 2016
The internet came into our lives and everything got better. Just as there are the many pros of the internet, so there are many cons too. A lot of us at least have jobs today because of the existence of the internet. I run a Bulk sms portal (www.smsfast.com.ng) and also a digital marketing agency, www.onlineacademy.com.ng , all these wouldn’t have been so if internet never existed. Thanks to Tim Berners Lee, that man invented the world wide web consortium (W3C), so we should hold him accountable for internet’s existence today. It is quite easy to forget the dark days without the internet because our memories have been clouded with the numerous developments that the internet has brought. I think I can remember one of the sad memories of the Dark Age without internet:
In my first year in the university, it was really a big task for students to sign the semester courses from respective course coordinators, long queues of students were always noticeable at the front of the offices of these course coordinating lecturers. You may have queued for 4 hours or more, finally its your turn to proceed into the lecturers office for signing and the lecturer comes out and says “ Ehmmm, lets continue this signing tomorrow, I have a meeting in 1 minute” , imagine how sad that would be…….. Finally, succor came, the university made an online portal where students could register their courses from any internet enabled device at the convenience of their rooms, in the toilet, just name it, printing of the form follows and course signing thereafter. This new development now gave the course coordinators the opportunity of downloading the total number of students that registered for their courses each semester, hence queuing for signing DIED A NATURAL DEATH.
A QUICK QUESTION: Can you go 48 hours without the internet now? Am sure you will feel almost dead if you try. Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, BBM etc wouldn’t have existed without the internet. The internet is indeed a god, simply put: god of communications, connectivity, information. HOW GOOD HAS THE INTERNET BEEN TO YOU?
Share this post.

(1) (Reply)

This Is Very Important To You! / How Chinedu Play Me 419(guy Explains) / Answer This And Win #500 Airtime Any Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.