Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,634 members, 7,921,373 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 12:30 AM

Reason Why Your Kids Don’t Confide In You. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Reason Why Your Kids Don’t Confide In You. (828 Views)

Would You Dress Your Kids Like This? See Reactions (Photo) / If You're In Need Of A Nanny For Your Kids I'm Available. / Can't Confide In Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reason Why Your Kids Don’t Confide In You. by ThetrueWord: 10:57am On Mar 30, 2016
While cooking in the kitchen and trying to decipher some document I brought from work, Tolu has been interrupting me with requests of everything he wants at the same time. Mummy snacks, juice, my toy and all of that. “Enough I shouted at him, stop bothering me,’ the look on my son’s face said it all. I could indeed see that my son is disappointed in his mother. My four years old son, gazing like, can I trust mummy. I immediately wished I never said that to him, though those words were not from my heart .

We sometimes say the wrong things to our kids, leaving our kids feeling hurt, depressed and angry. The words most times do not only hurt the kids but goes a long way to affect the mother-child relationship. If you continually tell your child “don’t disturb me”, “I am busy,” he/she internalize the message and begin to think there is no point talking to mama because you are always asking them off. If you set that pattern when your children are babies, they may be less likely to tell you things when they grow older. Read on http://relationshiptalks.com.ng/reason-why-you-kids-dont-confide-in-you/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reason Why Your Kids Don’t Confide In You. by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 30, 2016
Kids must also learn that their parents are only human and not always in the mood to cater to their needs. Their batteries must be recharged too every now and then. Authenticity is not the reason why your kids do not confide in you.
Re: Reason Why Your Kids Don’t Confide In You. by Iolite(f): 7:59pm On Mar 30, 2016
You think so. Which kids? Is it the one's you tell to leave you alone and in the next one minute they are back I can only be bothered when they get to teenagehood.

(1) (Reply)

#teambossfeeling# / Who Will You Forgive? / See What An Indian Father Did To This Boys Hand For Raping His Daughter (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.