Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,640 members, 7,889,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 09:28 PM

Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) (31933 Views)

I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House / An Open Letter To My Co-Tenant By A Nairalander / Oldest Woman In Rivers State Dies At The Age Of 134 (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by mdnazy(m): 6:36pm On Mar 30, 2016
life is noy fair
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by YaksonFCA(m): 6:41pm On Mar 30, 2016
RIP
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 30, 2016
joystickextend1:
Too bad..rip

@ the end of the day both the landlord and tenant will die someday somehow

Hmmmmmmn Lazarus and the rich
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by Hollaniyii(m): 6:55pm On Mar 30, 2016
blazetitov:
Another citizen failed by the Nation. RIP.

In sane countries, there are old peoples homes run by the state from taxes. But the reverse is the case here. Instead, one lunatic would steal billions then starts buying choice properties in Lagos, Abuja, Dubai etc as if he can sleep in all the houses at the same time. We have issues in this country.

The truth is, this country should be recononized
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by hassan747(m): 7:11pm On Mar 30, 2016
Na frustration course am
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by George2016(m): 7:58pm On Mar 30, 2016
RIP.
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by cococandy(f): 8:02pm On Mar 30, 2016
Gbam
byvan03:
I cannot blame the kids I don't know, don't expect kids you never cared for to care for you, father or not. He might not even have kids to start with, only God knows his story. Everything said here is based on assumption, RIP to the dead.

1 Like

Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by tinktanker: 8:03pm On Mar 30, 2016
kaorama:
Wicked landlord
wen u build ur house, give am free o! Or beta still go n print such ppl to move in with u free. So make d landlord die for hunger if him tenants no fit pay house rent?
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by tinktanker: 8:05pm On Mar 30, 2016
ozi001:
And if the Landlord sees or hear of this? So disheartening
landlord no b charity organisation o.
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by JoaHynppes(m): 8:06pm On Mar 30, 2016
IamAtribalist:

cool Absolute rubbish. Absolute lie. cool
Lol bruv.
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by Rexnegro(m): 8:15pm On Mar 30, 2016
Too bad too sad...may His soul rest well in Jesus name
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by armadeo(m): 8:30pm On Mar 30, 2016
Lilimax:
omg!
I bet you, this man may have grown up children somewhere but they have refused to care of him. cry

This is one reason the government should look into constructing old peoples home in various Local Government of the nation
for retirees and old people whose children have refused to take care of them. embarassed

RIP to the dead.

good idea but who will fund it?
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by inri: 9:05pm On Mar 30, 2016
BLESSED ARE MERCIFUL FOR THEY SHALL OBTAIN MERCY. KEEP YR HEART STEADFAST AND GOD SHALL GIVE YOU THE RESOURCES TO ASSIST PEOPLE. CHEERS
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by Lilimax(f): 9:17pm On Mar 30, 2016
janellemonae:

It doesn't have to be the govt. Nigeria is a 3rd world country and very populous. Our economy on our best day is d size of d small state of Michigan in d USA. The govt has not paid salaries of pple of working age who have active dependants to feed, its now old pple they should house and feed. Have they even paid their pensioners salaries?

We can have homeless shelters and soup kitchens for d aged and poor where private pple can drop food and mattresses and clothes. In america, soup kitchens provide free food every evening. Anyone can volunteer to cook. Let citizens, charities and churches contribute towards DT. And its a good use of their money.
Brilliant idea but this can only work in a sane environment and not a country like ours for now. We have a foundamental problem which is corruption. A situation whereby a registered NGO in Nigeria will seek for aids and assistance from international bodies only to divert the proceeds for personal use is mind burgeoning. For now, let the government provide basic amenities for the masses till they become accountable to us. embarassed
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by Lilimax(f): 9:18pm On Mar 30, 2016
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by noeloge82(m): 9:43pm On Mar 30, 2016
What do u think if d man had died in d landlords House without a relative cos from the News he had no relative around,
This is really Bad cos if things were alright d baba should have children around

RIP SIR

kaorama:
Wicked landlord
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 30, 2016
Truly Nigeria needs Jesus
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by greatnaija01: 9:59pm On Mar 30, 2016
xtervaganza:
when u become greed will overcome you and you'll only think about getting richer

And you will see poor people as slaves

True story

I PRAY FOR YOU THAT WHOMEVER TOOK YOUR INTELLIGENCE WILL RETURN IT, I A PRAYING TO GOD AND I WANT TO HELP THE PEOPLE.... YOU WHO HAD NOTHING BETTER TO CONTRIBUTE WILL NOW BE TALKING AGAINST THOSE OF US WHO MUST RISE AHEAD OF YOU. IF YOU KNOW YOU WILL BE DIFFERENT THEN YOU TOO PRAY TO GOD AND LET'S SEE HOW YOUR OWN WILL BE AFTER ALL PRAYER IS FREE.....
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by greatnaija01: 10:01pm On Mar 30, 2016
loomer:

Na so una dey talk. When the blessing come you go say e no even dey enough to take care of ur immediate needs not t talk of help person.

MAN KNOW THYSELF O..... NA YOU TAKE YOUR MOUTH ENTER CURSE..... THIS IS WHY YOU MAY NEVER BE A HELPER SOMEDAY.....
I PRAY FOR YOU THAT WHOMEVER TOOK YOUR INTELLIGENCE WILL RETURN IT, I A PRAYING TO GOD AND I WANT TO HELP THE PEOPLE.... YOU WHO HAD NOTHING BETTER TO CONTRIBUTE WILL NOW BE TALKING AGAINST THOSE OF US WHO MUST RISE AHEAD OF YOU. IF YOU KNOW YOU WILL BE DIFFERENT THEN YOU TOO PRAY TO GOD AND LET'S SEE HOW YOUR OWN WILL BE AFTER ALL PRAYER IS FREE.....
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by jonsonj: 10:49pm On Mar 30, 2016
Land lord might innocently right for evicting him and I don't think the land lord killed him so I don't even expect anyone to blame landlord.
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by garrimallam: 1:33am On Mar 31, 2016
segxes23:
We have to start building old people's home in this country
Try it ,every Nigerian wil claim odd including d politicians.
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by Nobody: 5:03am On Mar 31, 2016
Siena:
Very sad. RIP pops. sad

At least he's not with struggles anymore.

What we lack in basic social service in Nigeria is always shocking to me.
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by loomer: 6:28am On Mar 31, 2016
greatnaija01:

MAN KNOW THYSELF O..... NA YOU TAKE YOUR MOUTH ENTER CURSE..... THIS IS WHY YOU MAY NEVER BE A HELPER SOMEDAY.....

As u wan turn am to quarrel and swear, u wey dey pray to God, if na for where I supos be, right now I dey where I supos be, and if na getting better, surely it will always get better cos I believe in better.
Weda u better pass me in future or not doesn't stop me from being who I supos be.
Maybe u should ask those wey know me already.

By the way, I was just stating the obvious about people.
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 31, 2016
Siena:

Ummm, not really. Landlords generally evict their tenants if they do NOT pay their rent. A house is an investment, a landlord is NOT a charity. Try imagining paying a mortgage on a house you're not receiving a return on.

This is not the issue here, there some humane things the landlord would have done for a 60yr old man, like try to locate his relatives at least someone made that attempt.

This is not the full story, and mortgages dont work here in Nigeria. Theres no sense in getting a house that you spend a quarter of life span paying for only for it to be repossessed by some greedy banker on the guise of payment default.

There are so many things wrong in Nigeria, that cant be fixed easily, this fact is better appreciated when one stays here.
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by pinky1974: 8:52am On Mar 31, 2016
Landlord d fear of God is d beginin of........ embarassed
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 31, 2016
Lilimax:
omg!
I bet you, this man may have grown up children somewhere but they have refused to care of him. cry

This is one reason the government should look into constructing old peoples home in various Local Government of the nation
for retirees and old people whose children have refused to take care of them. embarassed

RIP to the dead.
sharap
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 31, 2016
kaeforum:

This is not the issue here, there some humane things the landlord would have done for a 60yr old man, like try to locate his relatives at least someone made that attempt.

This is not the full story, and mortgages dont work here in Nigeria. Theres no sense in getting a house that you spend a quarter of life span paying for only for it to be repossessed by some greedy banker on the guise of payment default.

There are so many things wrong in Nigeria, that cant be fixed easily, this fact is better appreciated when one stays here.

This IS the issue here. And contrary to belief, mortgages DO work in Nigeria. My mom's houses in Effurun were mortgaged, though they have been paid off in full. Mortgage or not, a house remains an investment, that NEEDS a return.

No one knows what lead to the landlord evicting his tenant, nor if he made any attempts to locate his relatives. You're simply assuming he didn't.

It's a moot point though - it is NOT the landlord's place to initiate a search of Nigeria for his tenant's relatives. If you put emotion aside and look at the bigger picture, you'll realise it's NOT the landlord's fault this guy is dead. Besides, does this guy have more right to life, just because he was allegedly 60-years-old?

He died because he did NOT make adequate preparation for his later years. It's ALWAYS wise to make preparation for your later years when you're young, to avoid dying intestate or worse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by alaskido(m): 12:25pm On Mar 31, 2016
The thing I do not understand about these old people. You get to the age of 70 - 80 years, you should relocate to the village and not remain in the city. After all in the village house is free.

1 Like

Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 31, 2016
alaskido:
The thing I do not understand about these old people. You get to the age of 70 - 80 years, you should relocate to the village and not remain in the city. After all in the village house is free.

Bro, you make perfect sense.

Even if you fall out with your neighbours and relatives in the village, they will still rally round, and be there for you when you really need them, and it's rare to die alone in the village too.

That's the beauty of our country Nigeria, our community spirit.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by Came: 1:38pm On Mar 31, 2016
This man would have eventually died in the landlord's house. If to say the man die for the landlord house , na there police go come dey do plenty investigation.People
should relate with their families, it matters .

2 Likes

Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by segxes23(m): 3:43pm On Apr 01, 2016
garrimallam:
Try it ,every Nigerian wil claim odd including d politicians.

Old and senile!!!!

Where they are injected everyday with sedatives to make them sleep!

No sane and sound person will want to cheat such system

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Need Your Advice On What To Do About My Late Sister Children / Will You Allow Your Wife Use intimacy gadgets When You Are Away? / Help! My Wife Easily Quarrels And Keeps Malice With Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.