Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,279 members, 7,916,830 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 12:05 PM

Top 5 Sections On Nairaland That Tests One's Intelligence And Reasoning Ability - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Top 5 Sections On Nairaland That Tests One's Intelligence And Reasoning Ability (966 Views)

Pls Help..i can't access some sections on nairaland / Unable To Open Some Sections On Nairaland / Have You Visited All Sections On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Sections On Nairaland That Tests One's Intelligence And Reasoning Ability by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 31, 2016
I think there are 5 sections on Nairaland that I believe puts one's intelligence to test. You may have yours different from mine. But in my opinion, the following 5 sections are the most mentally tasking.

1. Forum Games

Well, being a section for forum games for dropping all all sorts of mind games and puzzles this section is expected to be number 1 and no surprise about that. There are tons of puzzles to solve over there to test your reasoning ability.

2. Religion

When it comes to discussions on life experience, the religion section on Nairaland is far above every other other sections in testing your intelligence. The reason is because religion is very abstract. There are many issues that don't have a clear answer coupled with the fact that we don't exactly know the mind of God. In this situation we depend on our mental capacity to give us answers to the numerous puzzling questions about the existence or inexistence of God and how exactly we should live our lives regarding this.

3. Romance

Some people may view this section as an unserious section but it is coming at number 3. In the world of romance there is no specific and universal code to unlock or relate with every member of the opposite sex. The 10 point list you thought will make you keep every man or woman in your net will always fail at some point. In relationships both parties often put up one form of wierd behaviour or the other that makes you scatch your head and wonder what went wrong. Both sexes come up with a vast array of new tricks each day to outsmart the other to gain certain benefits and these problems end up on Nairaland begging for solutions. The truth remains that it would take an intelligent person to decipher every trick and read the minds of the couple's involved and give a sound verdict based on a mere "shaddy" write up.

4. Family

The family section comes at number 4 because it has the same problem and solution format as the romance section. Only difference is less traffic.

5. Politics

Politics is coming last at number 5 inspite of being the section for the "serious" folks who wanna talk about serious issues that has nothing to do with Linda Ikeji's bags or shoes. This politics section doesn't test or boost one's intelligence as much as the other sections above. The reason is because the activities there is more about taking sides than exercising your brains to solve issues. APC vs PDP and Igbos vs Yoruba. In other words partisan politics and tribalism is too rife other there.
Re: Top 5 Sections On Nairaland That Tests One's Intelligence And Reasoning Ability by ClassCaptain(m): 2:17pm On Mar 31, 2016
Very true
Re: Top 5 Sections On Nairaland That Tests One's Intelligence And Reasoning Ability by pattybf(f): 2:33pm On Mar 31, 2016
ok
Re: Top 5 Sections On Nairaland That Tests One's Intelligence And Reasoning Ability by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 31, 2016
Op change that list asap politics should come first

if you think politics section is for children you are wrong

even amidst the tribal fracas if you get your facts wrong you are dead.
just pray you dont fall prey into hands of juggernauts
Re: Top 5 Sections On Nairaland That Tests One's Intelligence And Reasoning Ability by osesology(m): 3:09pm On Mar 31, 2016
Hagm0nd:

I was about to say the same thing. I wonder what romance is doing on top five, above politics.
Re: Top 5 Sections On Nairaland That Tests One's Intelligence And Reasoning Ability by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 31, 2016
Abeg no mind op jare,
maybe hin dey target one of dose romance section girls
osesology:

I was about to say the same thing. I wonder what romance is doing on top five, above politics.
Re: Top 5 Sections On Nairaland That Tests One's Intelligence And Reasoning Ability by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 31, 2016
Hagm0nd:

There you have it. That list isn't about sections for children or adult or getting facts right or wrong. It is about the sections that challenges you to think more before typing. Like I said earlier, the politics section is more about taking sides in partisan or tribal rivalries. It doesn't really challenge one to think compared to others mentioned above.
Re: Top 5 Sections On Nairaland That Tests One's Intelligence And Reasoning Ability by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 31, 2016
osesology:

I hope you are not mistaking the list to mean ranking sections according to importance. The romance section even as it appears unimportant to you is more of a brain teaser than the politics section which is more focused on disputing facts or fiction and political and tribal battles.
Re: Top 5 Sections On Nairaland That Tests One's Intelligence And Reasoning Ability by Nobody: 3:43pm On Mar 31, 2016
Why do you think political debates are difficult
politics deal with a lot of issues:state of the nation,education,gender equality.etc
not all topics in politics section involves taking sides,some are about communal development which will involve a lot of thinking before typing
Ontarget:

There you have it. That list isn't about getting facts right or wrong. It is about the sections that challenges you to think more before typing. Like I said earlier, the politics section is more about taking sides in partisan or tribal rivalries. It doesn't really challenge one to think compared to others mentioned above.
Re: Top 5 Sections On Nairaland That Tests One's Intelligence And Reasoning Ability by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 31, 2016
Hagm0nd:
Why do you think political debates are difficult
politics deal with a lot of issues:state of the nation,education,gender equality.etc
not all topics in politics section involves taking sides,some are about communal development which will involve a lot of thinking before typing
Political debates are not difficult because once you get the true news on ground the answer becomes clear. The reason it appears difficult is because the masses are provided with inaccurate information sometimes. So the discussion becomes a struggle between those who know the truth and those lying. Once the truth is revealed the discussion is dead.
I know there are some core mental tasking issues being discussed in politics as well. But when you compare the ratio with the other sections above it you find that it is lower in politics. Politics rely on heavily on facts but other sections I mentioned above it rely on best possible solutions. To come up the best possible solution you have to reason more.
Re: Top 5 Sections On Nairaland That Tests One's Intelligence And Reasoning Ability by kossyablaze(m): 3:59pm On Mar 31, 2016
Smh
Re: Top 5 Sections On Nairaland That Tests One's Intelligence And Reasoning Ability by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 31, 2016
I throw in the towel bro

its your thread bro and i dont want to sound like an a.holes

but i'll choose politics section over any of this(how to kiss a girl)thread anyday anytime

Ontarget:

Political debates are not difficult because once you get the true news on ground the answer becomes clear. The reason it appears difficult is because the masses are provided with inaccurate information sometimes. So the discussion becomes a struggle between those who know the truth and those lying. Once the truth is revealed the discussion is dead.
I know there are some core mental tasking issues being discussed in politics as well. But when you compare the ratio with the other sections above it you find that it is lower in politics. Politics rely on heavily on facts but other sections I mentioned above it rely on best possible solutions. To come up the best possible solution you have to reason more.
Re: Top 5 Sections On Nairaland That Tests One's Intelligence And Reasoning Ability by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 31, 2016
Hagm0nd:
I throw in the towel bro

its your thread bro and i dont want to sound like an a.holes

but i'll choose politics section over any of this(how to kiss a girl)thread anyday anytime

You are looking at it based on importance. Of course when it comes to importance politics comes first. But that list isn't about importance.

(1) (Reply)

Photo: See What This Woman Did With This Man's Joystick / My Conclusion: Nairalanders Are Uncivilized / Ladies Alone....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.