Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,884 members, 7,872,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:02 AM

To The Youths..... If You Were President, How Would You Transform Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To The Youths..... If You Were President, How Would You Transform Nigeria (651 Views)

PDP Will Transform Nigeria In 2019 – Atiku Abubakar / If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? / Youths! If PMB Is Kicked Out In 2019, Whom Are We Going To Kick In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To The Youths..... If You Were President, How Would You Transform Nigeria by Eddygourdo(m): 7:51am On Apr 01, 2016
Words are cheap, blames are the same. I intend to not join the band wagon of Complainers who can't provide a solution through good thought.

I hope others will share their opinions on governance, hopefully the government would come to this thread and learn from our opinions.

If I were president, I would create jobs by doing the following

- I will create a true national database where citizen ID cards will be chipped like our atm cards. This information must be updated by citizens with recent milestones periodically to ensure recent and relevant information is stored.

- this information would help the inec as well as population agencies determine demographics

- I will Institute a fine /penalty based system of administration. If you break a traffic law, litter the environment, incompetent at work, a ticket is issued and attached to info on ur card, you can't do anything with ur card as a citizen, eg book flights etc till you pay up ur debt. Same with environmental laws and petty crimes (this should decongest our prison system). This means a form of taxation that would generate funds to pay workers employed to enforce these laws. (thus employment)

- I will increase the minimum wage for skilled workers and artisans, thus ensuring Nigeria is a skill based economy not the certificate based one we have. This should decongest our universities, as only people interested in research should attend one. Thud vocational schools would be the order of the day.

- graduates of universities, are expected to be entrepreneurs and employers of the skilled graduates from the vocational schools I have created. Thus the nysc will be remodeled to provide loans to all graduates as well as entrepreneurial support in fields such as agriculture, commerce, technology and arts.

Will post more. This is open to critique
Re: To The Youths..... If You Were President, How Would You Transform Nigeria by Pref(m): 8:10am On Apr 01, 2016
Re: To The Youths..... If You Were President, How Would You Transform Nigeria by ozy4christ(f): 8:39am On Apr 01, 2016
Firstly,i will appoint youths as my senators,ministers,comissioners.advisers e.t.c d old men,e.g lai moha,obj,tinubu e.t.c as state elders,

1 Like

Re: To The Youths..... If You Were President, How Would You Transform Nigeria by Emekamex(m): 8:45am On Apr 01, 2016
Ways to Solve Nigeria's Perennial Power Generation Problems
Nigeria's development has been pegged back on several occasions due to the inconsistent and insufficient power generation. After some careful thoughts, I have come up with a blueprint on how to stabilise and improve power generation in the country.

1. Gas Powered Plants Should Be Sited Close to Source

To stop the the incessant vandalism of gas pipelines, gas powered plants from now on should only be sited close to areas where gas is produced.
Why so? Pipelines will be easier to be monitored by security agents since the area under surveillance is within short distance. It makes no sense to site plants several kilometer from source of gas as this makes pipeline protection and surveillance virtually impossible.
Pipelines transversing long kilometer stretch might work in saner and developed climes but given that some Nigerians have poor mentality by continuously destroying government property, it won't work over here.

2. Gas Plants far away from gas source should be converted to coal powered

Why so? Firstly, government has to revamp coal production. Though coal is seen as a "dirty" source of energy due to its calamitous effect on the environment, as the saying goes, "Beggars are not choosers". Nigeria lacks the sufficient power to trigger its industrial revolution and must henceforth look for any source of energy , both clean or dirty to bolster its economy.
As we can observe from the country, almost all plants sited far away from gas source are performing below expectations and producing far less power that it was originally meant to, at this is due to insufficient gas supply which can be linked to the consistent tampering of gas pipelines.
Converting them to coal powered will eliminate this problem and also make them function at effective level, it also saves money that would have been wasted in repairing this vandalised pipelines on a weekly basis.
Conversion to coal power isn't that hard and only requires replacing gas turbines with steam turbines. Coal can be easily transported through road or rail.

3. Solar Powered Plants should be set up at the north

The north is blessed with abundant sunlight, we should therefore not waste this gift of nature. Solar powered plants should be set up all around areas with intense sunlight eg Sokoto.
The generated MW from these plants might be small when compared to those produced by carbon(gas and coal) but it still very beneficial to our power grid.

4. Upgrading existing plants with new turbines

New turbines should purchased in addition with the old ones to improve MW of power to be generated.

5. Bio gas Plants

Nigeria should consider investing in bio gas plants. Plants can be sited in cities with huge population and huge waste eg Lagos and Kano.
It serves two purpose; as it makes our environment cleaner by recycling waste and also produces a reasonable amount of power to be added to the grid.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To The Youths..... If You Were President, How Would You Transform Nigeria by Eddygourdo(m): 8:48am On Apr 01, 2016
Wow, I love the analysis of the power guy. Though gas plants are situated where there are gas reserves. This the pipelines for transport. The use of these old men as states men could create room for God fatherism. Don't you think so?
Re: To The Youths..... If You Were President, How Would You Transform Nigeria by Eddygourdo(m): 8:53am On Apr 01, 2016
If I were president. Corruption at all levels will attract a honourable death to the person. He should commit suicide in one week from the day he was found guilty. Else the state will kill him by firing squad.

Anybody with questionable income, eg money ritualists. Yahoo yahoo boys will be jailed a long time. We can't harbour criminals anymore.

I will empower the local government and councils. All other government levels above the local government should be merely supervisory. We should borrow the American model of democracy. The strongest government will be the government closest to the people. That is the local council men.
Re: To The Youths..... If You Were President, How Would You Transform Nigeria by Eddygourdo(m): 8:56am On Apr 01, 2016
ozy4christ:
Firstly,i will appoint youths as my senators,ministers,comissioners.advisers e.t.c d old men,e.g lai moha,obj,tinubu e.t.c as state elders,
those state elders could act as godfathers thuis sabotaging ur efforts. Don't u think so...... By the way I agree with the youth part
Re: To The Youths..... If You Were President, How Would You Transform Nigeria by Eddygourdo(m): 8:57am On Apr 01, 2016
Emekamex:
Ways to Solve Nigeria's Perennial Power Generation Problems
Nigeria's development has been pegged back on several occasions due to the inconsistent and insufficient power generation. After some careful thoughts, I have come up with a blueprint on how to stabilise and improve power generation in the country.

1. Gas Powered Plants Should Be Sited Close to Source

To stop the the incessant vandalism of gas pipelines, gas powered plants from now on should only be sited close to areas where gas is produced.
Why so? Pipelines will be easier to be monitored by security agents since the area under surveillance is within short distance. It makes no sense to site plants several kilometer from source of gas as this makes pipeline protection and surveillance virtually impossible.
Pipelines transversing long kilometer stretch might work in saner and developed climes but given that some Nigerians have poor mentality by continuously destroying government property, it won't work over here.

2. Gas Plants far away from gas source should be converted to coal powered

Why so? Firstly, government has to revamp coal production. Though coal is seen as a "dirty" source of energy due to its calamitous effect on the environment, as the saying goes, "Beggars are not choosers". Nigeria lacks the sufficient power to trigger its industrial revolution and must henceforth look for any source of energy , both clean or dirty to bolster its economy.
As we can observe from the country, almost all plants sited far away from gas source are performing below expectations and producing far less power that it was originally meant to, at this is due to insufficient gas supply which can be linked to the consistent tampering of gas pipelines.
Converting them to coal powered will eliminate this problem and also make them function at effective level, it also saves money that would have been wasted in repairing this vandalised pipelines on a weekly basis.
Conversion to coal power isn't that hard and only requires replacing gas turbines with steam turbines. Coal can be easily transported through road or rail.

3. Solar Powered Plants should be set up at the north

The north is blessed with abundant sunlight, we should therefore not waste this gift of nature. Solar powered plants should be set up all around areas with intense sunlight eg Sokoto.
The generated MW from these plants might be small when compared to those produced by carbon(gas and coal) but it still very beneficial to our power grid.

4. Upgrading existing plants with new turbines

New turbines should purchased in addition with the old ones to improve MW of power to be generated.

5. Bio gas Plants

Nigeria should consider investing in bio gas plants. Plants can be sited in cities with huge population and huge waste eg Lagos and Kano.
It serves two purpose; as it makes our environment cleaner by recycling waste and also produces a reasonable amount of power to be added to the grid.
please give more and more covering many sectors. Apparently you head is good. Nice analysis. Different generation methods. But I heard there are issues with the transmission network. How will u handle that and distribution
Re: To The Youths..... If You Were President, How Would You Transform Nigeria by ZANGA95(m): 10:21am On Apr 01, 2016
The MOST CHALLENGING problem in Nigeria is corruption bcus Nigeria is endoured with numerous natural resources but BAD government to manage it. FIRST of all i will wipe the government clean from old corrupt people from the federal government down to the local government level and fill those positions with young nd vibrant youth with REFORMED MINDSET to CHANGE their FATHER'S LAND.

(1) (Reply)

American News Media Huffington Post-biafra Nationhood: Unfinished Decolonization / Biafra, Buhari And The Easter Day Rising (part 2.) FANI KAYODE. / Obama To Buhari Good Job - Do You Agree Watch Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.