Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,135 members, 7,883,948 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 07:33 PM

Empire TV Show Throws Shade On Nigeria Saying We Kill Gay People - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Empire TV Show Throws Shade On Nigeria Saying We Kill Gay People (2486 Views)

#bbnaija: Why I Said Alex Throws Herself At Male Housemates — Ceec Reveals / BBNaija: CeeC "Alex Throws Herself At Every Man In The House" / Nigerian Man Throws Few Questions To BBNaija Fans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Empire TV Show Throws Shade On Nigeria Saying We Kill Gay People by Jacko1(m): 12:24pm On Apr 01, 2016
The most recent episode of the hit show empire just threw shade on Nigeria.
In A scene involving Jamal and that dude that acted in prison break.
the prison break dude was like "there are 10 countries where you get killed for being gay; Nigeria, Sudan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan etc."
What is interesting is that Nigeria was the first country to be mentioned
showing the shade is purposely meant for us.
the conversation so did not fit the scene, very unconnected to anything even their conversation. As he mentioned the said countries. he said one more line and the scene ended.
Nigeria getting press again. Guess we are making a mark on the world map. We can no longer be ignored.

Re: Empire TV Show Throws Shade On Nigeria Saying We Kill Gay People by modsith00: 1:00pm On Apr 01, 2016
In my own opinion,I don't think killing shud be their punishment,and besides,u can't force someone to do something they don't want to do or rather be with someone they can't be with...
And for the record,am not gay and am not okey with them either.

1 Like

Re: Empire TV Show Throws Shade On Nigeria Saying We Kill Gay People by modsith00: 1:02pm On Apr 01, 2016
In my own opinion,I don't think killing shud be their punishment,and besides,u can't force someone to do something they don't want to do or rather be with someone they can't be with...
And for the record,am not gay and am not okey with them either.
That's why am proud to be part of this film that talks about this matter in nigeria.
Check out the trailer
The story that needs to be told, the dicsussion that needs to be heard... watch the trailer of the short film ‪#‎HellorHighWater‬ produced & directed by Oluseyi Asurf in partnership with TIERs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFs_tiH7TUw

Written By Habeeb Lawal
Production HSE: Asurf Films

1 Like

Re: Empire TV Show Throws Shade On Nigeria Saying We Kill Gay People by Forwetinnah: 2:49pm On Apr 01, 2016
Before nko...good thing they know so they can STAY AWAY cheesy
I think the slow poke should have done it in alphabetical order though, Afghanistan which was the last country he mentioned should have been the first cheesy . Yeye people

1 Like

Re: Empire TV Show Throws Shade On Nigeria Saying We Kill Gay People by UjSizzle(f): 7:32pm On Apr 01, 2016
At least it's true.

(1) (Reply)

24: Best Jack Bauer & other Quotes. From Season 1 To Live Another Day / Tribalism In Ibowood / Zee World Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.