Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:39 AM

Oil Rig Worker Says She Was Secretly Recorded, Files $1 Million Lawsuit - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oil Rig Worker Says She Was Secretly Recorded, Files $1 Million Lawsuit (964 Views)

Michael Kaycee Slams Davido With Lawsuit Over N60 Million (Pictures) / N500 Million Lawsuit: Charly Boy In Court Premises + Full Details(photos) / Agbani Darego Weds Danjuma Secretly In Marrakech, Morocco (Wedding Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil Rig Worker Says She Was Secretly Recorded, Files $1 Million Lawsuit by tpiah01: 3:54pm On Apr 01, 2016
It looked like a normal clothing hook -- small and unsuspecting, mounted on the back door of her sleeping quarters on the Transocean Deepwater oil rig.

But to her, for some reason it just didn't feel right.

"The rooms are pretty bare and minimum, so when you notice something that's different, it kind of sticks out to you."
Though 26, she'd been on plenty of rigs before. In fact, she'd spent much of her life dedicated to working offshore in the Gulf of Mexico. But she says she'd never seen something like this.

"It was out of place."

She dismissed the weird feeling and thought to herself, "Well, it must just be extra storage."
That was a Friday in August 2015. Four days later, the hook was gone.

About the same time she noticed it was missing, she says the only other woman on the rig mentioned that the same clothing hook had appeared in her room out of the blue.

They opened the hook and found what she says was actually a covert, motion-activated recording device. Inside, she says, was a tiny camera and memory card capable of holding footage.

After plugging the memory card into her own computer, she says she saw footage of her colleague being unsuspectingly recorded. Assuming the worst, she says she could only conclude that she too was recorded in the previous days. She says she believes the footage of herself had already been downloaded by the perpetrator by the time she got to look at the video.

"I could see the pain that I was feeling in my heart in her eyes. We both knew that we had been recorded and were victims."
For days, she says, her nude body was recorded while she thought she was alone in her sleeping quarters. She says she went immediately to her supervisors to report what happened.

Lawsuit: Supervisors were dismissive

"They told me no such footage existed."

She claims she asked for a lockdown of the vessel to find the perpetrators. Or, at the very least, interview crew members.
She says "they did nothing."

Instead, the next day on August 11, 2015, she and her rig supervisors agreed it was best for her safety to leave the rig while the investigation was conducted. She was taken off the rig and flown to Houston. From there she traveled back home to rural Louisiana.
Meanwhile, they assured her an investigation would take place in her absence, her complaint says.

"I wanted it criminally reported, I wanted to be part of the investigation process, I wanted to know what was going on, and honestly I felt like I, from the day that I left that rig, I had zero control."

Jane Doe says she was humiliated.

"They were going to, you know, keep me involved, and they were going to have this big investigation ... and after that, to be honest, I didn't hear anything else," she told CNN in a phone interview.
"There wasn't anybody that really seemed interested in how I was doing, and I just felt like there was no control."

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/03/31/us/transocean-spy-camera-lawsuit/index.html
Re: Oil Rig Worker Says She Was Secretly Recorded, Files $1 Million Lawsuit by Mrbigman1(m): 4:03pm On Apr 01, 2016
Room cleaners
Re: Oil Rig Worker Says She Was Secretly Recorded, Files $1 Million Lawsuit by tpiah01: 7:38pm On Apr 01, 2016
Mrbigman1:
Room cleaners

you mean you think the room cleaners might be the ones spying on her?
Re: Oil Rig Worker Says She Was Secretly Recorded, Files $1 Million Lawsuit by tpiah01: 7:40pm On Apr 01, 2016
topic

imagine the shame for those who dont have bikini ready bodies and are subjected to this type of illegal lookings.

At least, if your body is bikini ready, you can even adjust the camera so the lookers can have better views sef.

But for those who dont have perfect figures, this kind of thing is terribly embarrassing and shameful imo.
Re: Oil Rig Worker Says She Was Secretly Recorded, Files $1 Million Lawsuit by Mrbigman1(m): 11:13pm On Apr 01, 2016
tpiah01:

you mean you think the room cleaners might be the ones spying on her?

Who else has access and time to all rooms in d rig than room cleaners? Unless dia re useless bridge guys who have access to extra access to cameras?

Anything can be possible sha but room cleaners and bridge guys. Any other person is secondary
Re: Oil Rig Worker Says She Was Secretly Recorded, Files $1 Million Lawsuit by tpiah01: 12:24am On Apr 02, 2016
well, if they can investigate and find out who put the cameras. . . . . . . . .
Re: Oil Rig Worker Says She Was Secretly Recorded, Files $1 Million Lawsuit by meobizy(f): 9:09pm On Dec 02, 2018
Stories like this are the reason why women are not employed in some all male environments.

(1) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage And DR SID, Could This Be The Romance Teeblizz Talked About? (VIDEO) / Actress Tonto Dike Says A Prayer: You Got To See Who She Prayed For / Temi Otedola And Beyonce In Ankara: Who Wore It Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.