Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,364 members, 7,937,105 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 01:35 PM

The Reality Of Returning Home- As As How? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Reality Of Returning Home- As As How? (2151 Views)

The Reality About Kazakhstan And Warning To Nigerians / Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / Lady Bows Down After Returning From Libya With Other Stranded Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: The Reality Of Returning Home- As As How? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 18, 2019
RELEASEUS:
There are many Nigerians who live abroad and I happen to be one of them. I would want to indulge mature minds on the question of returning home to invest.
A sizable number of folks who have made some money over the years of toiling in a foreign land have never had it so difficult in deciding what to do as per returning home to start up a farm or a school or a small factory or just anything to help his or her community in employment and generating source of living.
Our dear country has become so difficult that virtually nothing works.
Let's say I want to return home to start a farm for example, will the dreaded fulani herds men and their cows not come and trespass my farm and possibly kill me and my family one day? Then where is the power to keep production running in a mechanized farm setting? Security from kidnappers or robbers is also what most of us dread the most. A whole colonel was kidnapped and killed just like that in my dear country, we still have not heard that suspects have been rounded up and investigations are ongoing as to bring the culprits to book-I am even talking about this as if any such cases have ever been resolved in the history of Nigeria.
You pay taxes in Nigeria yet you are basically your own government as you provide virtually everything from housing to education to medication to security to electricity and everything for yourself. When I visited home last I was at home one day when there was a knock on my door that all landords and tenants are to contribute to buy a transformer to replace the faulty one, I just shook my head and told them to come back later that day. just imagine that.
People on twitter and NL fight between themselves because of affiliation to PMB and GEJ, APC and PDP. See what transpired in a small election in Rivers the other day. From the way these politicians have reduced the Nigerian youth of today to ewarriors to hate and abuse each other online is pitiable.
We need to stand up and fight for our country and children otherwise they will not have a country to call theirs tomorrow.
OBJ recruited sound technocrats in his government if we can remember, can someone please tell me what someone like Audu Ogbe is doing in the Agricultural ministry when GEJ appointed a sound Adesina we all saw what he was able to achieve in his time. Audu Ogbe is advising PMB to import grass from Brazil when we have millions of hectares of land in Nigeria. SMH.
My people please let's call it a day for these old timers and take the bull by the horns. Tinubu, Sarai, OBJ, PMP, GEJ, Ameachi, Lai, Audu, and all of them that have been in the corridors of power for the last 16 years should pack out an go by 2019. Let's not allow them rule us again. They have ruined our future and that of our children.
Don't go out and vote when the time comes if these same people are running for office.
See our country na. with all the billions of dollars we have and generate we don't have common light that other countries see as nothing. We can't manage to generate power for domestic and industrial uses, is it nuclear energy that we can manage? PMP has no business attending that summit in the US.
Nothing works in my country and I am sad.

I sent you a pm on another thread, I will be grateful to hear your response

(1) (2) (Reply)

Overnight Parking At Abuja Airport / Archaeologists Discovered Remain Of Explorer Who Named Australia In London(Pics) / deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.