Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,369 members, 7,900,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:51 PM

Do U Think Yar Adua Is Leading This Country With Bias Against The South? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do U Think Yar Adua Is Leading This Country With Bias Against The South? (670 Views)

$2.1bn Arms Cash: AVM Jon Ode Panel Misleading Buhari With Bias Reports – Shuaib / Shehu Musa Yar Adua Joined The Army In 1964 / The Internet, Nigeria Newspaper, Oga Yar Adua And Sss Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do U Think Yar Adua Is Leading This Country With Bias Against The South? by Gayigaskia(m): 11:36pm On Jul 28, 2009
I command Yar adua for ordering police to exterminate these extremists in Maiduguri. I don't think there is any bias at all when we know that he didn't really struck hard in the NigerDelta because those cry babies are quick to cry for genocide. The 100 days after the amnesty will come and i think this time around JTF will be in action against those criminals called mend. Boko Haram has only reminded yardua that you can't negociate with any criminal group in Nigeria.
Re: Do U Think Yar Adua Is Leading This Country With Bias Against The South? by Becomrich: 12:19am On Jul 29, 2009
http://Yar adua for ordering police to exterminate these extremists in Maiduguri.

Is killing now the solution. they could control and disarm them. I do not see them carry guns on all picture i saw. It is still not right. either is northerner you kill or southerners.
Re: Do U Think Yar Adua Is Leading This Country With Bias Against The South? by Gayigaskia(m): 12:56am On Jul 29, 2009
They attacked a Police station what do you expect? u live in Canada try reaching for your pockets when you are stopped by the Police. I EXPECTED SOMEONE LIKE IKEMAN00 TO RESPOND LIKE THIS or maybe becomerich = ikeyman00
Re: Do U Think Yar Adua Is Leading This Country With Bias Against The South? by Beaf: 3:03am On Jul 29, 2009
There is a big difference between Boko Haram and people of the Niger Delta.

Are you saying all Niger Delta people are criminals? We all support MEND.
Re: Do U Think Yar Adua Is Leading This Country With Bias Against The South? by naijaking1: 3:17am On Jul 29, 2009
I take offence at the comparison of the Hoko Haram with the Niger Delta situations. Hoko Haram wants to forcefully islamize the whole Nigeria according to their own understanding, the people of Niger Delta just want control of their God-given environment and natural resorces. Please understand the difference.
Re: Do U Think Yar Adua Is Leading This Country With Bias Against The South? by Gayigaskia(m): 1:13pm On Jul 29, 2009
Both MEND and Boko Haram are threatening peace in the country, and the president swore to guaranty among other things peace and assure free movements of people and goods in the country. And believe me even MEND will be deal with after the 100 days if they don't take the chance giving to them.
Re: Do U Think Yar Adua Is Leading This Country With Bias Against The South? by FBS: 1:28pm On Jul 29, 2009
Nigeria?
Re: Do U Think Yar Adua Is Leading This Country With Bias Against The South? by nex(m): 2:37pm On Jul 29, 2009
No! President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua is definitely not biased against any particular people. His office however greatly overwhelms him. The man is completely lost.

However, I see no difference between MEND and Boko Haram.

MEND is out to regain control of resources which belong to they and their people. The resources are their people's and should be handed back to the people of the Niger Delta for their personal benefit, the good of their children and unborn children.

Boko Haram is out to reinstitute faith based education which focuses on morality, decency, ethics and knowledge.

MEND is not fighting for their resources to be spread to all Nigerians; just their people just like it would have been if the colonilists had not come to centralized our resources under their 'crown' .

Boko Haram is not fighting for their system of education to be spread to all Nigerians; just their people as they had been educated before the colonialists came to secularise their education under their crown.

Some of the tools MEND utilize in reaching their goals include the Expiration of Human life and wanton destruction of property.

Boko Haram applies same as above.

MEND use the name of their people's struggles for personal profiteering.

Boko Haram tried to use the name of their people for personal profiteering, but I really don't think the events of the past couple of days went quite as planned.

MEND is a terrorist group.

Boko Haram is a terrorist group.

I really see no difference between them. In fact, I believe all these terrorist groups in Nigeria will have to one day unite on all fronts to unleash grand terror on the Nigerian Government and people.

Boko
Re: Do U Think Yar Adua Is Leading This Country With Bias Against The South? by naijaking1: 3:43pm On Jul 29, 2009
MEND wants control of their local environment, while BOKO wants to control the whole of Nigeria: what don't you understand about that?
Re: Do U Think Yar Adua Is Leading This Country With Bias Against The South? by nex(m): 4:54pm On Jul 29, 2009
You seem to be from another faction of Boko Haram because the main body has spoken that they want their kids to be educated in a system that they built hundreds of years ago before the British came and tore everything down.

What you fail to understand is that prior to colonization Maiduguri had a higher institution which taught Law, Agriculture, History, Warfare, Philosophy, Psychology, Mathematics, Arabic, Accounting, Sociology and Islam.

The Al Majr system was a mandatory boys scholarship program ensuring that everyone of them was educated. The British came and tore down the structures or turned them to colonial government offices, converted the tax paid by the citizens to common wealth of the British Crown. And turned the scholars into beggars which continues till today. You see an Almajiri today as a little beggar, but the literal translation of the word itself, Al Majr means THE SCHOLAR.

In the name of Osun, the British have destroyed and arranged according to their taste, but now they're gone. We can re-arrange things back to our own taste. The bad things the British threw out, let's keep them out. But the good things they threw out, we can bring them back in. Then the useless things they imposed on us like Military Rule, Centralization of Power, Federalization of Resources, Casualization of Labour, Minimizing of Salaries, Pegging of Exchange Rate, and even this Amalgamation is beginning to look very dubious in the eyes of Nigerians.

If you're so sure MEND does not want us to share our oil with the rest of the country, why should Boko Haram want their people to share their heavenly education with the rest of us?

If you have ever heard of the Touareg Rebels in Niger Republic, you will realize MEND is walking in their footsteps. They are all fighting for their rights.

We go to schools that are acceptable to us, I don't see why we should stop others from attending schools that are acceptable to them.

HOWEVER, NO OIL, NO VIOLENCE! Else 300 more dead.
Re: Do U Think Yar Adua Is Leading This Country With Bias Against The South? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 29, 2009
Trust me, the Hausa elites dont give a damn about killing Northern masses moreso Fulani millitants. The guys have just one thing in mind, maintain the evil hegemony they ve got in place.

(1) (Reply)

Pdp Member Testifies Against Party At Ekiti Tribunal / Lamentation As Inferno Razes Millions In Lagos. / Irresponsible near-octogenarian Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.