Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,767 members, 7,879,332 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:24 PM

We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola (19478 Views)

FG To Increase Power Generation To 20,000 MW – Minister / Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola / Nigeria Can Generate 12,000 MW Of Electricity — Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by winkmart: 7:07am On Apr 02, 2016
The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, has given an assurance that the 10,000 megawatts of electricity in three years promised by President Muhammadu Buhari earlier in the month will be actualised.
He added that the energy crisis facing the country would soon be a thing of the past, saying one of the country’s power plants located at Gbarain in Bayelsa State, which was close to completion, was fired the previous night for pre-commissioning tests.

Speaking at the resolution of a three-year dispute between Enugu Electricity Distribution Company and Aba Power Limited, which had stalled the completion of a 141MW power project for the area, the minister said the resolution and the recovery of four turbines that were down would ensure that the power challenge facing the country could be overcome.
A statement by the Special Adviser to the Minister on Communications, Hakeem Bello, on Friday quoted the Minister as saying apart from showing that distribution companies could work together, the development would also be of great benefit to traders in the area and boost ‘Made in Nigeria’ goods, which the area is known for.

He said, “We had some outages on our turbines in Jebba but l am happy to inform you that three of the four have been put back into operation and that there is again stability in the system. The power coming into the country is not enough and how do you share what is not enough, it is not possible, so what we need to do is generate more power.

“The 200 megawatts coming from Aba is very important and it is good news for the market.
“The first turbine is
on and is being synchronised and that is what we are saying and with incremental power we will achieve the target set by Mr. President in his speech last week.”
While thanking former Head of State, Gen. Abdusalami Abubakar, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, Mr. Adetokunbo Kayode, Prof. Bart Nnaji, among others, for the roles they played in making the resolution possible, the minister said time had come for everyone to work together for the betterment of the power sector.

http://www.punchng.com/well-deliver-10000-mw-target-fashola-says/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by winkmart: 7:07am On Apr 02, 2016
Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:08am On Apr 02, 2016
Pls what ever u will do for Nigeria make it secret, wen u achieve it we will see, is like witches n Wizards in Nigeria do hv meeting on ur plans to stop u frm achieving it......

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by Pavore9: 7:09am On Apr 02, 2016
17 years on with billion of dollars expended, we are still battling with blackouts!

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 02, 2016
We dey here dey wait for your miracle
Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by castrokins(m): 7:10am On Apr 02, 2016
Fashola And His Traveler Boss Should Goan Sit Down!

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by mallamseifaldin(m): 7:11am On Apr 02, 2016
It is not rocket science.....

12 Likes

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by greatiyk4u(m): 7:11am On Apr 02, 2016
Fashola please try harder to meet up, we are behind you.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by Owode1: 7:12am On Apr 02, 2016
I hope this promise will not be denied soon or later?
Next some1 will say I did not promise, 'they' promised. Or 'I was quoted out of context, or it's not in the party's manifesto' blablabla!
2019 a beg come.

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by Mrfahaz(m): 7:15am On Apr 02, 2016
why is it DAT any good news from Nigeria kill some people......if u can't stand it dive into a lagoon

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by Vikkie14: 7:16am On Apr 02, 2016
After We've enter Guiness Book of Record for generating 0MW(Zero MegaWatt) of power for almost 3hours.
We know it's part of the "Chain".

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by Owode1: 7:17am On Apr 02, 2016
greatiyk4u:
Fashola please try harder to meet up, we are behind you.
Who are the 'we' here?
Speak for yourself please. How can I be behind him with all the recent sufferings they've been dishing out to millions of Nigerians?

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 02, 2016
I dislike the word 'will' in Nigeria politic, i prefer done

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by ChappyChase: 7:23am On Apr 02, 2016
We dey wait!
Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by eleojo23: 7:24am On Apr 02, 2016
I hope he won't come out later to deny it and say
"I never said we will deliver 10,000MW target. My statement was misunderstood"

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by Inspectahdeck(m): 7:25am On Apr 02, 2016
You voted for change and change you will get.

Billie Jean King a renowned female tennis player who fought for equal pay at the U.S made this statement yesterday on amanpour, she stated that [/b]"change is slow and painful" [b] so I advise that we exercise patience and pray for our country instead of constant curse.

In my thoughts I always wonder why mr GEJ is so quiet and I concluded that he might be regretting all his actions and the situation he left Nigeria aided by the sycophants he surrounded himself.

Also the last meeting he had with Burahi he give out names of his formal aids. Looking at the circumstances, after the meeting the next day efcc and dss began arresting same.

Finally, we are our problem in this country, but we are so quick to blame the government. Some examples
1. People throw dirty on the road then blame government why can't they pay lawma a mechanism government put in place to eradicate waste.
2. a man channelled his fish pond waste water to the main road at nkpolu in port harcourt. His act spoilt the road completely with no remorse until people traced the water on early morning to his house. He started begging till I left ph the road was very bad yet people blamed the government.
3. Trucks carry overload goods and spoil our road or fall on other cars and all we do is blame government. What about the greedy driver and his boss? Etc.

Finally,

1) we need our value system back in place. So people know what is bad is bad vis a vis.
2) reduce to the minimum religious and tribal sentiment in every area of our lives.
3) have hope in our country and challenge the government intelligently. Also pray for the country all the time. American say in God they trust, they are not fools.
4) when politicians see the change in us (as a people) they will sit up and govern well.
5) elect into power or governance capable hands.
6) fight sabotage in our system. E.g. Fuel, light, corrupt etc. A market woman selling vegetables, what is her business with dollars? In her life I don't think she has seen dollar or used same. People using dollars to trade are the only ones to feel the impact but here in Nigeria everybody wants to exploit any situation to make money. A few make billions from sabotage because Nigerians are gullible and forgetful.

My take on a complex country called Nigeria.

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by lilmax(m): 7:28am On Apr 02, 2016
He go deny next week grin

12 Likes

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by segxes23(m): 7:30am On Apr 02, 2016
And I've been in darkness for days....

5 Likes

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by ajebuter(f): 7:30am On Apr 02, 2016
Even if you dont give us 10,000MW,but at least return us to the 5000MW Jonathan left.

As yoruba will say: orisa boo le gba mi, se mi boo se ba mi.

Meaning: dear reverred deity! If you cannot improve my situation at least leave me in the exact situation you met me and dont make it worse...

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by Adminisher: 7:37am On Apr 02, 2016
castrokins:
Fashola And His Traveler Boss Should Goan Sit Down!

This is very stupid. The 10000MW is achieveable.
Funny enough it was even Jonathans government's MOUs and contracts that will deliver the 10000 MW but you guys are so ignorant of project management and lifecyckes that when it happens you won't even know whom to praise because you have already blamed Buhari too early .

When the 10000MW comes, the only thing i would praise Buhari for is not devaluing the currency until the projects would have been completed.

3 Likes

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 02, 2016
Really!

This must be April fool abi?

5 Likes

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by Flexherbal(m): 7:55am On Apr 02, 2016
Why not supprise us. I don't lik words.

6 Likes

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by babdap: 7:55am On Apr 02, 2016
We re waiting.
Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by Florblu(f): 7:58am On Apr 02, 2016
Action speaks louder than voice is the adage Now Fashola's voice is louder than his action Who him voice don help?

5 Likes

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by brunofarad(m): 9:10am On Apr 02, 2016
Waiting for the denial version in couple of months grin

APC grin

11 Likes

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by Explorers(m): 9:11am On Apr 02, 2016
Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by kristisking(m): 9:12am On Apr 02, 2016
Another story to feed the gullibles. I can't fall for this scam!

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by amagunnerfan: 9:12am On Apr 02, 2016
Some people won't like this. They won't believe it is possible because their brains have been configured to only believe the negative news.

The same enemies of Nigeria are the ones spreading the evil rumours that Aisha Buhari only donated 5 bags of rice to IDPs.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 02, 2016
Empty promises.

Does any1 still take dis government serious?, have lose interest.

7 Likes

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by livinbygrace: 9:12am On Apr 02, 2016
Abeg this Overrated Minister should just keep quiet .I am tired of reading anything about him.Nonsense!!

12 Likes

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by seunaj: 9:12am On Apr 02, 2016
APC government should stop campaigning after election. I remember I heard dat from you guys when the PDP led government was giving me 12hrs electricity per day. U came and I can not even boast of 3hrs electricity in 3 days.
#do b4 u talk, not talk b4 u do
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amina Mohammed Meets Her Name Sake Who Is A Minister In Kenya / Reno Omokri: If Obi Wins, IPOB Would Control The Nigerian Military / Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.