Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,072 members, 7,970,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 06:09 AM

Would you send your child to a boarding school? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Would you send your child to a boarding school? (10875 Views)

Can You Send Your Child To This School ? (Photo) / Share The Crazy Funny Things That Happened While In Boarding School / Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would you send your child to a boarding school? by AKO1(m): 9:56pm On Jan 12, 2009
Yes, I would send my child to a good private boarding school.

He/she can't learn everything in my house, from my wife and I. Same goes for every single family.
Re: Would you send your child to a boarding school? by Sammy107d(m): 10:32pm On Jan 12, 2009
Andreaaa you are not nigerian?
Re: Would you send your child to a boarding school? by KarmaMod(f): 10:44pm On Jan 12, 2009
yet you're a lesbian, Sapphic tongue

Only reason I pick daughter okija is cos compared to lesbians, gay males have higher chance of HIV due to their own manner of sex.
Re: Would you send your child to a boarding school? by chidipupay(m): 9:46am On Jan 13, 2009
I am not sending my children to boarding at all. Anything they cannot learn from my house, they should learn it when they get to the university. aleast they would have been matured then to handle issue,

Please let us be straight here what can you children learn in boarding school that they will not learn at home or university?
Re: Would you send your child to a boarding school? by andreaaa: 4:54pm On Jan 13, 2009
Reply to the comment from Okija_juju
- No the person has been studying in england up to the age of fourteen, and has now gone to nigeria when would he finish his education there?
Re: Would you send your child to a boarding school? by andreaaa: 5:12pm On Jan 13, 2009
Oh no Im not nigerian, grin Erm Just that im asking all these questions because i know someone who has gone nigeria, and I wondering when would he come back? And From everything taht you lot have said back to me i still dnt know,
Re: Would you send your child to a boarding school? by richel8: 4:05am On Jun 06, 2009
I would send my child to a boarding school.But first I must know what kind of boarding school fits him/her well.

I know a boarding school that seemed to be unique for the troubled teens:

www.fieldstoneacademy.org
Re: Would you send your child to a boarding school? by bighead1(m): 10:59pm On Jun 30, 2009
No ova ma ded bady can i do such a thing
@poster u ursef knows what nasty acts u did in the boarding school
and then u and i know that u hide your tru colours from your loved ones once u are back from school
moreover kid in boarding school will neva get appropriate attention and care from parents
note this.,
only a pathetic and bad parent will send his/her kid(s) to a boarding school in the present nigera

Moreover kids from boarding schools tend to be merciless and ruthless as they learn to be member of gangs in their so called boarding schools
Re: Would you send your child to a boarding school? by cushman(m): 11:50pm On Jul 03, 2009
Hmm,
Re: Would you send your child to a boarding school? by andreaaa: 4:01pm On Oct 05, 2009
Hey i live in the u.k and i have a friend living in nigeria, he has called me from nigeria and i rang him but i recently i cannot ring him, it won't even ring, so i tried ringing from another phone but it does the same thing. Do you know what wrong with it, like has it got diconnected or is it just switched off?
Re: Would you send your child to a boarding school? by aieromon(m): 10:45am On Oct 06, 2009
Hell yeah tongue
Boarding school was the best thing that happened to me.Mine taught me how to balance smartness with intelligence.
I'm the H.N.I.C of my zanga and it's all thanks to Lagos State Model College,Igbonla cool
Re: Would you send your child to a boarding school? by DCdad: 6:12pm On Apr 24, 2010
Yes, I think Boarding Schools are still THE great education. I have placed all of my children in Boarding Schools and have found as long as I chose the right 'fit' for them, then they've been extremely happy. All of them are doing well; getting better grades than ever before, and are overseen, monitored and cared for 24 hours a day, and throughout the weekends as well. I travel a great deal and as a single dad, I need my children to be with a professional, and not just a nanny.

Recently, one of my kids schools called and said they were coming to Nigeria for a Boarding School Fair. It's going to be on November 11th in Lagos. A company (Linden Boarding School Tours) is bringing a group of schools from the UK, Canada, USA and other countries to recruit Nigerians, ex-pats' kids etc,

Again, I think boarding schools are quite the amazing way to go. There's a good website called Admissionsquest.com which is where I found a lot of information when I first began. I think the Linden Company person is a good reference too.
Re: Would you send your child to a boarding school? by mthornton: 3:36am On Jul 05, 2010
Yes I will. I'm a product of a reputable boarding school and I'm definitely sending my son there too. There are more advantages rather than its disadvantages of a high school boarding schools.

Molly J. Thornton
Re: Would you send your child to a boarding school? by mskeeter: 4:08pm On Aug 19, 2010
Yes

1 Like

Re: Would you send your child to a boarding school? by fath86: 3:01am On Aug 25, 2010
this depends on the school, i never went to a boarding school and nor will my kid. there are plenty of reputable public and private schools in our area and i've been to both and i turned out quite well.
Re: Would you send your child to a boarding school? by madamL(f): 4:57pm On Aug 25, 2010
chased all my kids to boarding house at the age of ten to start secondary school. they needed to toughen up and that is not very easy in my house. I spent all five years of secondary education in a boarding house. It was hell but I can face anything now. Nothing looks daunting to me. I cannot be bullied easily after surviving the seniors. I can eat anything and stay alive after the beans and weevil meals. The experience set an everlasting alarm that makes me wake up by 5am prompt. However, I sent them to private schools with good facilities. I wasnt sure they could survive the exact situation I faced in those days.

We seem to forget the good some of the seeming bad experiences did to mould us and are becoming too protective of our kids.

The downside is that I went off beans for twenty years after leaving secondary school. I only started eating the stuff recently.
Re: Would you send your child to a boarding school? by teenbs1234: 4:41pm On Dec 24, 2010
There are a lot of advantages when you go to a boarding school. You get to work alone which means that you become independent. Descipline is also being taught in boarding schools. Though there are a lot of those postive attitudes that you get, there are also the negative ones. But it is always up to you on how you grasp the situation, how you adopt to the environment. It is up to you on how you react to challenges. To cut it short, the blame is always you whether it arises to a positive result or a negative result. Anyways, you can get more reliable informations on boarding schools here.
Re: Would you send your child to a boarding school? by ibguy: 7:59am On Dec 25, 2010
my lil sis is a living testimony of good boarding,she is more matured,CLEVER& serious.it depends on the school& d child.try fed. Govt colleges.i
Re: Would you send your child to a boarding school? by orobopasiosio(m): 5:33am On May 28, 2013
er
Re: Would you send your child to a boarding school? by orobopasiosio(m): 6:01am On May 28, 2013
I went to boarding school very early , at age 7. The experience was great!. It toughens children,one thing today is that the standard has fallen. Govt schools are not funded adequately.
During my days in the boarding house( Oro Nursery and Pry Sch,and The Pretigious Cherubim College in Ilorin) totalling 10yrs, my whole life was programmed.
Wake up!!! Time for devotion,time for inspection,time for assembly,time for food,time for siesta,time for sport,time for labour,time prep etc..... My life revolved around these activitities.
At 35 i still do with all these. U cannot give ur kids all these u have to expose them. Of course there are disadvantages such as bullying, which is part of school life! Ur chid can still indulge in all these sexual act right under ur nose, if u are not observant and careful. At the boarding house i slept and dined with sons and daughters of famous people. Today i still relish the experience. People i met then were still the best in my life.
Re: Would you send your child to a boarding school? by heeqhmart(f): 1:53pm On Oct 12, 2015
prettyH:
went to a boarding school, saggy. was okay sha. am what i am cos of it. if theres a good one, why not?
shaggy I attended dere too..
Re: Would you send your child to a boarding school? by heeqhmart(f): 1:54pm On Oct 12, 2015
prettyH:
went to a boarding school, saggy. was okay sha. am what i am cos of it. if theres a good one, why not?
shaggy I attended dere too.. loadz of fun..
Re: Would you send your child to a boarding school? by edoairways: 12:13am On Dec 10, 2021
Seun:
Am I going to leave the training of my children to a bunch of underpaid and frustrated housemasters/housemistresses? No way! To take my children out of my custody, they will need to obtain a supreme court ruling.
Thank God you comment didn't change till date.

I will especially not leave a female child to the horrors of the famous girls' boarding schools in Nigeria. I will not let them turn my daughter (or son) into a monster!
I love your consistent
Re: Would you send your child to a boarding school? by edoairways: 12:16am On Dec 10, 2021
orobopasiosio:
I went to boarding school very early , at age 7. The experience was great!. It toughens children,one thing today is that the standard has fallen. Govt schools are not funded adequately.
During my days in the boarding house( Oro Nursery and Pry Sch,and The Pretigious Cherubim College in Ilorin) totalling 10yrs, my whole life was programmed.
Wake up!!! Time for devotion,time for inspection,time for assembly,time for food,time for siesta,time for sport,time for labour,time prep etc..... My life revolved around these activitities.
At 35 i still do with all these. U cannot give ur kids all these u have to expose them. Of course there are disadvantages such as bullying, which is part of school life! Ur chid can still indulge in all these sexual act right under ur nose, if u are not observant and careful. At the boarding house i slept and dined with sons and daughters of famous people. Today i still relish the experience. People i met then were still the best in my life.
Can you still advise your kids to attend there ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Study in Ghana,Admission forms for sale! Admission Open For Sept Intake! / Nwafor Orizu College Of Education,nsugbe,anambra State Post Ume2010 Scratch Card / LASU Post-Jamb Examination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.