Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,041 members, 7,909,832 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 01:32 PM

Please Someone Help With The Price Of An Inveter/ Solar - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Please Someone Help With The Price Of An Inveter/ Solar (752 Views)

Brand New laptops, Sold 4 D Price Of Used...sharp Sharp Movement!,sold! sold!! / Top Five Dark Forums To Buy The Iphone 7 For Half The Price / Please Can Someone Help Me With DHL Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Someone Help With The Price Of An Inveter/ Solar by stephen2016: 3:49pm On Apr 02, 2016
I am looking for a circuit that can power only a laptop, home theater and perhaps a flat screen 32inch TV

I dont really know the components of an inverter or what it comes it; but what I need is something that can power me when there a full sun out and at night I can make use of the charge remaining - a friend said 500V will be okay for my requirements, another said 1000V please I need your suggestions and how much it will cost to set up a unit as described above
Re: Please Someone Help With The Price Of An Inveter/ Solar by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 4:05pm On Apr 02, 2016
Inverters and solar panels are not rated in volts but in watts or volts and amperes. My advice would be to buy your stuff from amazon PR Walmart because most of the solar technology in Nigeria have shittty life cycles. a normal sized mono crystalline board can produce 125W, depending on your usage you can buy 5_10 boards, it is advisable to do a parralel array grid tie system which means each board would have its own mini inverter feeding into a charge controller. Basically you would need
1. Solar panels with Individual mini inverters
2. Charge controller
3. Deep cycle Lithium Batteries.
4. Sine wave inverter only suitable inverter
5. Solar placement system...- this depends on where you live
..... Can you post all the things you intend powering so I can give a rough cost estimate
Re: Please Someone Help With The Price Of An Inveter/ Solar by alatbaba1(m): 4:29pm On Apr 02, 2016
I'm following. Quote me with the estimate.
Re: Please Someone Help With The Price Of An Inveter/ Solar by stephen2016: 5:13pm On Apr 02, 2016
Thanks very much for your prompt answer.
I intend to power only a laptop, home theater, TV, and a standing fan - but the standing fan is not necessary, so basically its just laptop, tv and home theater

EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
Inverters and solar panels are not rated in volts but in watts or volts and amperes. My advice would be to buy your stuff from amazon PR Walmart because most of the solar technology in Nigeria have shittty life cycles. a normal sized mono crystalline board can produce 125W, depending on your usage you can buy 5_10 boards, it is advisable to do a parralel array grid tie system which means each board would have its own mini inverter feeding into a charge controller. Basically you would need
1. Solar panels with Individual mini inverters
2. Charge controller
3. Deep cycle Lithium Batteries.
4. Sine wave inverter only suitable inverter
5. Solar placement system...- this depends on where you live
..... Can you post all the things you intend powering so I can give a rough cost estimate
Re: Please Someone Help With The Price Of An Inveter/ Solar by cassidy1996(m): 5:48pm On Apr 02, 2016
Call Engr Asan, 08069244460. He has solution to your problem
Re: Please Someone Help With The Price Of An Inveter/ Solar by Etinosajay(m): 5:57pm On Apr 02, 2016
@stephen2016

The fan is very necessary. It will help to ventilate the room.

You don't want your appliances to be harmed by heat. Do you?

The operator too needs air.

My suggestion
Re: Please Someone Help With The Price Of An Inveter/ Solar by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 6:44pm On Apr 02, 2016
[quote author=stephen2016 post=44345406]Thanks very much for your prompt answer.
I intend to power only a laptop, home theater, TV, and a standing fan - but the standing fan is not necessary, so basically its just laptop, tv and home theater

How many Hours per day on the average would these equipment be on/working.
Re: Please Someone Help With The Price Of An Inveter/ Solar by stephen2016: 5:44am On Apr 03, 2016
[quote author=EZEIGBO1OFIMO post=44347500][/quote]

If i can get five hours when there is no sun that will ok
Re: Please Someone Help With The Price Of An Inveter/ Solar by gogetter09(m): 7:26am On Apr 04, 2016
ALL YOU NEED
2 PCS OF BATTERIES OF AT LEAST 12V/200AH-265AH ( DEKA, SONNENSCHEIN)
1 PCS OF CHARGER/INVERTER OF ABOUT 1000W @ 220VAC (SCHIENDER, MAGNUM, VICTRON)
SOLAR MODULES, TOTAL COMBINATION OF ABOUT 1200W (SUNTECH, CANADIAN SOLAR, AFRICAN ENERGY )
1 PCS OF SOLAR CHARGE CONTROLLER OF ABOUT 30A (MORNINGSTAR, OUTBACK, MIDNITE)
ABOUT 25 LIFE-SPAN OF SOLAR PANELS
ABOUT 2 YEARS WARRANTY ON INVERTER.
ABOUT 5 YEARS ON BATTERIES AND SOLAR CHARGE CONTROLLER.
WITH THESE SETUP YOU ARE SURE OF 24HRS/7.
WITH 2 DAYS AUTONOMY.
Re: Please Someone Help With The Price Of An Inveter/ Solar by stephen2016: 9:32am On Apr 04, 2016
Thanks very much but you just listed the items, no price, I need to know the minimum prices so that I can know if I am on budget or I need to add more, just a rough estimate

gogetter09:
ALL YOU NEED
2 PCS OF BATTERIES OF AT LEAST 12V/200AH-265AH ( DEKA, SONNENSCHEIN)
1 PCS OF CHARGER/INVERTER OF ABOUT 1000W @ 220VAC (SCHIENDER, MAGNUM, VICTRON)
SOLAR MODULES, TOTAL COMBINATION OF ABOUT 1200W (SUNTECH, CANADIAN SOLAR, AFRICAN ENERGY )
1 PCS OF SOLAR CHARGE CONTROLLER OF ABOUT 30A (MORNINGSTAR, OUTBACK, MIDNITE)
ABOUT 25 LIFE-SPAN OF SOLAR PANELS
ABOUT 2 YEARS WARRANTY ON INVERTER.
ABOUT 5 YEARS ON BATTERIES AND SOLAR CHARGE CONTROLLER.
WITH THESE SETUP YOU ARE SURE OF 24HRS/7.
WITH 2 DAYS AUTONOMY.
Re: Please Someone Help With The Price Of An Inveter/ Solar by gogetter09(m): 11:49am On Apr 04, 2016
MY BROTHER THERE ARE EXPENSIVE, BUT THAT IS WHAT I MAKE USE OF
JUST SEARCH FOR IT ON THE INTERNET THAT IS WHY I LISTED THE ITEMS TO YOU...

OR YOU GO OTHERWISE FOR THE LOW STANDARD ONES
THE GOOD THING ABOUT SOLAR SETUP; IS WHAT EVER YOUR BUDGET IS
YOU WILL ALWAYS GET A PRODUCT THAT YOU CAN AFFORD...

BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN IN THE FIELD FOR ABOUT 8 YEARS,
I TRY AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE NOT DISCOURAGE PEOPLE,
THATS WHY I HAVE LISTED SOME OF ITEMS FOR YOU TO PURCHASE ONLINE.

FOR MORE INFO WHATSAPP ME ON 08060441188

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Uk Arrival!!!apple Macbook Pro Mid 2015 15" Retina Intel Core I7 16gb Ram 256ssd / Iphone 5 32GB Available / Brand New Hp Pavilion ×2 Detachable Tablet-laptops For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.