Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,051 members, 7,966,852 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 05:04 AM

FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices (57258 Views)

FG Petrol Subsidy Now N26 Per Liter / Petrol Subsidy Returns As Nigeria Pays N28 Per Liter / Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Petrol Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by franklynsunny(m): 9:45am On Apr 03, 2016
O lord...pls ve mercy on us all n give dis people common sense to tackle our latest problems...

I jus remember late Preds. Yaradua,he did good even in his condition...May his soul rest in perfect peace...
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by Atlantian: 9:46am On Apr 03, 2016
I always knew that Jonathan was the best President this country had. Look at how things are going. The queue at filling stations now span 10 kilometers. Yet no one is protesting cos the owners of power are in power. Una never see sontin.

2 Likes

Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by otokx(m): 9:52am On Apr 03, 2016
Atlantian:
I always knew that Jonathan was the best President this country had. Look at how things are going. The queue at filling stations now span 10 kilometers. Yet no one is protesting cos the owners of power are in power. Una never see sontin.

Queues are in stations selling 86 naira, those who can't stand the queue can drive in and buy at 140 ~150 per litre

1 Like

Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by obailala(m): 10:02am On Apr 03, 2016
authority2006:
People are confused about this subsidy removal and reintroduction. Subsidy was removed because landing cost was fell bellow N86 but now the landing cost has gone above N86, that explains reintroduction. Its previous removal had nothing to do with economic policy. Buhari government doesn't appear like one that will remove subsidy permanently. So ,wailing wailers should stop confusing themselves.
Thank you very much for this very simple explanation. The simple concept is that price modulation is still in place. For some months, landing cost of fuel was less than the official price hence the FG saved the excess in an account. Now the landing cost is more than the official price and the FG is paying the difference obviously from the funds that were saved in the preceeding months. How on earth can this be too difficult for these wailing zombies to understand?

The level of daftness displayed on this thread is absolutely shocking. I cant believe how an entire generation of Nigerian youths can just be so dumb not to understand a simple concept. Sometimes I wonder what these people do with their brains.
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by yaki84: 10:03am On Apr 03, 2016
amaechi1:

Nigerians will also complain even when decisions are taken in their favour. In the bid to alleviate the suffering of the people, the government return subsidy payment for independent marketers and that is what people like you see as confusion.

is dis subsidy they r reinventing captured in the just passed padded budget of yamsandgoats?
where will they get the money to pay subsidy for the fueel import by the ipman?
transparency now have a new meaning in this govt.
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by watchindelta(m): 10:04am On Apr 03, 2016
nawaho d suffering is real 200 naira per litter for fuel station n 250 for black market here in warri.
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by AntiWailer: 10:11am On Apr 03, 2016
fistonati:
What is this government up to, thinking its an expert when its obvious its a learner but failed to admit so. Nigerians failed to choose transformation but opted for chain.

Transformer ko, Avenger ni
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by AntiWailer: 10:12am On Apr 03, 2016
Atlantian:

Best is relative depending on the ability of the Judge to reason.
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by Elxandre(m): 10:13am On Apr 03, 2016
Martins301:
Please guys, how much can I get a secondhand 15.6 screen for my laptop? Just discovered it has been damaged.
My brother got a new matte display for his broken 15.6" HP screen for 10 or 11k.
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by free13: 10:14am On Apr 03, 2016
Lies..lies.... ..and more lies.
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by Briz(m): 10:16am On Apr 03, 2016
If not that your mental faculty is still booting, is the price of crude oil in 2014 when he made that statement same or anywhere close to the current price?

nnachukz:
Subsidy is a scam......Buhari 2014.
We will pay subsidy to marketers at least for now...... Buhari 2015/2016.
And one zombie will tell me this man is not confused.

Crude oil price fallen to 60pb, FG has no reason to sell fuel above N40per litre to Nigerians if they weren't corrupt.... Buhari and his group 2014/2015.
Today, crude is at below 40pb and FG headed by Buhari is selling fuel to Nigerians at N150per litre and now proposes N86.5per litre.

Another zombie will tell me Buhari is not a liar and a deceiver.
Well suffering and smiling are special hubbies for all zombies.
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by Briz(m): 10:19am On Apr 03, 2016
Thank u AntiWailer

AntiWailer:

Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by Elxandre(m): 10:19am On Apr 03, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
I am sorry....but subsidy is a bad idea. We keep it...because Nigerians prefer low fuel prices to savings.

Where is the money to pay for higher fuel prices?

A country where where the minimum wage is 18,000 Naira.
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by ndcide(m): 10:20am On Apr 03, 2016
Rolings:

Things were not this bad because the previous government was throwing thrillions of naira in subsidy payments at the problems ..dubious contracts, bunkering, pipeline vandalism are other contributing factors .while tackling all these factors the government will be dealing with various stakeholders including labour..oil marketers..host communities ..players in the upstream and downstream etc some of whom are the saboteurs and were feeding far on the irregularities .the pain is temporary and is worth bearing for one time solution to the lingering petrol scarcity .

So what point are you hitting at? That FG is back to paying subsidy after making political capital out of it?

Or that we don't have petrol or we suddenly started having sabotage in the sector that wasn't there before ? Which one.
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by ibietela2(m): 10:22am On Apr 03, 2016
My brothers and sisters NgeneUkwenu Passingshot Obiagelli egift Omenka beremx berem MzJackBaueress JackBaueress JackBaueress1 demdem happy Sunday guys how was the heat in your area? Mine was a bit less because of the small rain
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by booblacain(m): 10:23am On Apr 03, 2016
eagleeye2:

Am responding, cos of the bolded. Yes, it will get worse initially, but with the forces of demand and supply cetris paribus the price will eventually come down. And the marketers will only be making a reasonable amount of profit. Unlike what we will have now.

In the Nigerian situation as we have it now, forces of demand and supply only works in the tomatoes and pepper market and not in a cabal (round table) market like oil and gas.

1 Like

Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by VictorEkwere: 10:23am On Apr 03, 2016
When you have the wrong people at the right place at the wrong time the result is what we gat here. Nigeria of today is different from Nigeria of yesterday thus using the same ideology of yesterday to run Nigeria of today is a total mess.Change in idea would have been better than change in power and no matter how harder you tried it will yield no result because the timing is wrong thus the center can no longer hold so things must fall apart.
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by nnachukz(m): 10:28am On Apr 03, 2016
Briz:
If not that your mental faculty is still booting, is the price of crude oil in 2014 when he made that statement same or anywhere close to the current price?

Finally they are indicating themselves. Little Mathematical proportionality will teach you that if at
$60------N40 was your suggested price then at $40, your suggested price should be (40*40)/60= N26.67 not N150 or even anything closer to N86.5 Now run down to your school and get back all the school fees you paid including the association levies. They cheated you badly.
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by ndcide(m): 10:29am On Apr 03, 2016
AntiWailer:

No judge who is not biased will not know that GEJ was better. The only argument is that people stole money. We are already tired of hearing that. Unless those who just want to be emotive to cover up the present quagmire.
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by ibietela2(m): 10:31am On Apr 03, 2016
Martins301:
Please guys, how much can I get a secondhand 15.6 screen for my laptop? Just discovered it has been damaged.

10k+
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by tuniski: 10:32am On Apr 03, 2016
yaki84:

is dis subsidy they r reinventing captured in the just passed padded budget of yamsandgoats?
where will they get the money to pay subsidy for the fueel import by the ipman?
transparency now have a new meaning in this govt.
No it is not captured. Small time they will steal all the cash and deliver queues. The budget is just a mockery of reality. Only zombies take buhari/apc seriously!
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by richiepolymer(m): 10:37am On Apr 03, 2016
Then we are as much as doomed! I blame Nigerians for this. We couldn't just see the battle between unpatriotic and greedy cabals and the government. They hoard and punish Nigerians and we in turn face the govt and condemn the govt. Cabal at work. This time they will go back to the till and steal us dry if care is not taken. The same thing GEJ was trying to remove when we all shouted and cried wolf. Meanwhile the cabals were flossing at our ignorance. What have they not tried? Dollars? Fuel scarcity? Blowing of pipelines? You can insult the president all you want but truth remains, Nigeria needs a revolution. No matter how visionary our president is, we need a followers hip that is patriotic, purposeful, informed and willing to make Nigeria great. May the saboteurs in high places never find peace.

3 Likes

Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by 1miccza: 10:37am On Apr 03, 2016
ceejay80s:

Do u know why I am not bothered ?...... Because I voted for nobody and supported no party....
Is it not same pdp that moved to apc and some apc moved to pdp ?
My guy na same people dey rule us

Exactly i no even vote at all,but i work for INEC the same set of polithiefcians dey kill the economy and the gullible ones dey follow them
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by OJaySeenson: 10:47am On Apr 03, 2016
Only idiots will see this news, verify it, and find a way to say buhari is doing well, or is doing something right and we should believe in him. I voted for buhari, not cos i really wanted to, but because i did not want to vote GEJ. GEJ was so bad, that to be honest, put in that situation, i would still vote a dead goat over him. but buhari piggybacked on a message of change. well, guess what: NOTHING HAS CHANGED!!!! open your bloody eyes and see, and realize your intelligence is being insulted!

All over the world, prices of finished petroleum products are falling, but not in nigeria. and now, mr petroleum minister is reintroducting fuel subsidy of 5 naira. fuel currently sells for 86 naira, so why not just tell a sob story and add the five naira to the fuel price? i am already paying 15o naira for black market fuel, so whats an extra 5 naira on the actual price?

this is all a ploy to steal more money. we are going to go back to the days when people got paid subsidy money without bringing in any fuel. Only this time, we wont hear anything about it.

we are finished in this country. and some citizens will continue to allow themselves to suffer because they dont want to admit the truth, Well, me i have accepted that I have been decieved by buhari. I will wait for the end of the tenure so i can vote him out and vote someone else in. What else can one do...

3 Likes

Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by justmenoni: 10:56am On Apr 03, 2016
Like siamese twins grin cheesy

quote author=Anticorruption post=44357099] grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy

apc and confusion[/quote]
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 03, 2016
ki02020:

Be reasonable for once...you and I know subsidy is not one of the things that should be part of the present nigeria economy situation...the only mistake the FG made was not putting the right measures in place before the subsidy was removed to prove oil marketers are dispensable....now their oog motive of cutting cost has back fired

Because APC government is built on lairs and not reality.
Subsidy is Kwaruption- Buhari
So why is bihari still eating his Vomit....
Kwaruption continues. .
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by yaki84: 11:11am On Apr 03, 2016
authority2006:
People are confused about this subsidy removal and reintroduction. Subsidy was removed because landing cost was fell bellow N86 but now the landing cost has gone above N86, that explains reintroduction. Its previous removal had nothing to do with economic policy. Buhari government doesn't appear like one that will remove subsidy permanently. So ,wailing wailers should stop confusing themselves.

if the landing cost has increase why not inform nigerians the situation n we buy at the new rate than reintroduce what doesnt favour the masses?
is it a must fuel must be 86naira perlitre all yr round?
even garri dey change course, today na 5cups, tomorrow 4cups for 100 naira. when the landing cost drop did they tell us and change d price to what favours nigerians?
what is d diffrnce between 86naira n 92 naira sofar there is fuel all over d place?
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by yaki84: 11:13am On Apr 03, 2016
authority2006:
PDP spent 16 years in power and we were here when you all were screaming saboteurs.
APC haven't spent one year in power, carry your propaganda somewhere else.

a typical n concised ZOMBIE!
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by codedguy1(m): 11:24am On Apr 03, 2016
Where is prof Tam David West?

Buhari will sell fuel at 40Naira per litre.

I laff in APShit!
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by yaki84: 11:28am On Apr 03, 2016
why r these guys telling nigerians outright lies?
the problem of the current fuel scarcity has nothing to do with cabal or whateva, it is simply govt monetary policies that got wrong.
nnpc had 70percent quota allocated to bring in products while the remaining 30 was for the major, independent marketers. now what happened, nnpc access forex at the govt official price of 199naira per dollar, meanwhile the others couldnt access at that rate, n u cant buy dollars at 330 to 400 naira n bring in products that nobody will buy when nnpc is almost flooding the market with cheap products. the best they did was to suspend importation n buy from nnpc.
so whether they reintroduce subsidy or not, if these guys cant access the official price of dolls to bring in product it will still remain d same. cos u wont expect them to buy dollars at 330 instead of 199 naira, bring in products n sell at 86.5naira. that is d fastest way of going bankrupt.

3 Likes

Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by CHIMCO(m): 11:34am On Apr 03, 2016
What did they do with saved subsidy money? Nothing. I did not see any improvement on Electricity or new project in place. I prefer they subsidies instead of buying at 150 per litre. Removal of subsidy is good but before you do that you must make sure that both Government and private Refineries are functional. A Government that blows hot and cold cant be trusted.

1 Like

Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by otokx(m): 11:34am On Apr 03, 2016
Eedris Abdulkareem said it that fuel scarcity is popular action film in Nigeria

Femi Kuti said this democracy na wayo

The suffering continues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tinubu Withdraws Financial Support For APC - Naij.com / Governor Sanwo-olu’s Daughter, Modupe Oreoluwa Weds Oladele Johnson (Photos) / Oshiomhole Spotted Listening To Tinubu At Chatham House With Rapt Attention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.