Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,277 members, 7,887,805 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:08 PM

I Underestimated Challenge Of Being Governor – El-rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Underestimated Challenge Of Being Governor – El-rufai (368 Views)

Nigerians Recreate Governor EL-Rufai's Name "FAILURE" (See What They Got) / Governor El-Rufai's Joke About PDP Fighting Corruption Better Than APC In 2019 / No constitutional or Legal hurdles stopping Dr. Uche Ogah from being Governor. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Underestimated Challenge Of Being Governor – El-rufai by donk147: 7:34pm On Apr 03, 2016
For the first time in 10 months, Kaduna State governor, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai sat for two hours to field questions from journalists. The governor he was wrong to think being a minister and governor were the same and also took time to clear the air on some of his controversial policies including the religious regulation Bill. MIDAT JOSEPH was there for LEADERSHIP Sunday.

How has it been running a complex state like Kaduna for the past 10 months?
[i][/i]

I want to say it has been an interesting and successful journey and we are grateful to the Almighty God for his intervention in the state that led to our election. I know we got elected because the majority of the people of the state wanted a change because the way things were going was not acceptable to them and that is why they all came out to vote for us. We are very grateful.

This is the toughest time in Nigerian history to be a state governor, particularly in states that have been ruled by the PDP for a long period of time. Taking over from a system that has institutionalised itself in 16 years and trying to change direction is always tough. But in addition, we took over at the time crude oil price had collapsed by 70 per cent and we have inherited structures of government and machineries of government but most importantly, an attitude in the public service and within the larger community of a country that has been selling crude oil at $100 per barrel. So, expectations remain high while the revenues are very low. The third reason is that I never expected that running a state would be very different from being a.....

http://leadership.ng/news/514659/underestimated-challenge-governor-el-rufai

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Underestimated Challenge Of Being Governor – El-rufai by babdap: 7:46pm On Apr 03, 2016
Talk is cheap.
Re: I Underestimated Challenge Of Being Governor – El-rufai by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 03, 2016
I hear

(1) (Reply)

Angry Motorists Queue For Fuel Across Nigeria (video) / 1,634 People Executed In 2015 -report / Could THE BIBLE Be Against Apc Too?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.