Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,651 members, 7,889,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 11:27 PM

James Ibori Exposed In Panama Papers As 'Power Player' {DATA & INFO} - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / James Ibori Exposed In Panama Papers As 'Power Player' {DATA & INFO} (953 Views)

James Ibori Weeps At Alamieyeseigha’s Graveside In Bayelsa...Photos / Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW / David Mark Named In Panama Papers With UK Properties - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

James Ibori Exposed In Panama Papers As 'Power Player' {DATA & INFO} by AnnaKareninaFan: 12:47am On Apr 04, 2016
James Ibori, governor of Nigeria’s oil-rich Delta State from 1999 to 2007, pleaded guilty in a London court in 2012 to conspiracy to defraud and money laundering offenses. Ibori admitted using his position as governor to corruptly obtain and divert up to $75 million out of Nigeria through a network of offshore companies, although authorities alleged that the total amount he embezzled may have exceeded $250 million. Ibori, who received a 13-year prison sentence, used millions of dollars to support a lavish lifestyle that included six houses in London and a fleet of Range Rovers, Bentleys and Mercedes.

Inside the Mossack Fonseca data

Offshore company figured in fraud and money laundering investigation

Mossack Fonseca was the registered agent of four offshore companies connected to James Ibori, including Julex Foundation, of which Ibori and family members were beneficiaries. Julex was the shareholder of Stanhope Investments, a company incorporated in Niue in 2003. Ibori was also connected to Financial Advisory Group Ltd. and Hunglevest Corporation, although Mossack Fonseca’s files do not specify the exact nature of his connection. In 2008, Mossack Fonseca received a request from the Seychelles government to produce documents as part of a probe by the Crown Prosecution Service, England's principal prosecuting authority, of Ibori and alleged criminal activities. In 2012, Ibori pleaded guilty in a London court to laundering and fraud charges. During court hearings in the United Kingdom, prosecutors claimed that Ibori opened a Swiss bank account in the name of Stanhope Investments through which millions of dollars were later channeled to ultimately buy a $20 million private jet.

Source: ICIJ.org

http://dawntodusknews.com/james-ibori-exposed-in-panamapapers-as-power-player-data-info/

Re: James Ibori Exposed In Panama Papers As 'Power Player' {DATA & INFO} by AnnaKareninaFan: 12:47am On Apr 04, 2016
Re: James Ibori Exposed In Panama Papers As 'Power Player' {DATA & INFO} by madridguy(m): 3:08am On Apr 04, 2016
Ok
Re: James Ibori Exposed In Panama Papers As 'Power Player' {DATA & INFO} by Standing5(m): 3:27am On Apr 04, 2016
If true then I expect even more Nigerians on that list.

2 Likes

Re: James Ibori Exposed In Panama Papers As 'Power Player' {DATA & INFO} by MrHackmed1(m): 3:33am On Apr 04, 2016
Iyen naa nice
Re: James Ibori Exposed In Panama Papers As 'Power Player' {DATA & INFO} by justmenoni: 5:34am On Apr 04, 2016
Re: James Ibori Exposed In Panama Papers As 'Power Player' {DATA & INFO} by disloman(m): 6:28am On Apr 04, 2016
When I saw the news on saturday,I was wowed.Many secret revealed.Putin?
Re: James Ibori Exposed In Panama Papers As 'Power Player' {DATA & INFO} by AntiMahdi: 6:54am On Apr 04, 2016
I did an extensive reserch last night on the Panama leaks after I made a thread here on it and what I found was shocking to say the least.

For one the foundation involved in cataloguing and releasing the huge data is sponsored by George Sorros. George Sorros is no different than the likes of Gilbert Chagoury and is heavily connected to the US democratic party, the corrupt Clinton crime syndicate and other shoddy criminal entities.

It will also surprise you to know that out of the 11.5million files released by Panama leaks no single American politician or group is listed in their archives!

How can you have a global grey banking industry without a single American?

Also the Panama leaks have since released documents implicating Putin.

If there is anything we can take from this leaks is that it was cheery picked and meant to disgrace foreign heads of state not in good terms with Washington.

1 Like

Re: James Ibori Exposed In Panama Papers As 'Power Player' {DATA & INFO} by Nobody: 7:00am On Apr 04, 2016
I hope this is genuine.

(1) (Reply)

Ghost Workers: 2 Pregnant Women Collapse, Die In Bauchi During Verification / This thing is fake oh men.. PHOTOS / Breaking: APC Winner LG Primaries In Adamawa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.