Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,350 members, 7,881,294 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:03 PM

The Chosen Daily Devotional 4th April, 2016 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Chosen Daily Devotional 4th April, 2016 (367 Views)

Celebration TV 4Th Anniversary: Apostle Suleman & Wife Celebrate TV Station / Kingdom Seed Devotional (KSD) TUESDAY, 12TH APRIL, 2016. / The Chosen Daily Devotional 1st April, 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Chosen Daily Devotional 4th April, 2016 by ChosenOnline: 9:22am On Apr 04, 2016
THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE: MONDAY APRIL 4TH, 2016)

THEME: GRAVE CONSEQUENCES ACCOMPANY SIN.

TEXT: Judges 2:11-23.
11. And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD, and served Baalim:

12. And they forsook the LORD God of their fathers, which brought them out of the land of Egypt, and followed other gods, of the gods of the people that were round about them, and bowed themselves unto them, and provoked the LORD to anger.

13. And they forsook the LORD, and served Baal and Ashtaroth.

14. And the anger of the LORD was hot against Israel, and he delivered them into the hands of spoilers that spoiled them, and he sold them into the hands of their enemies round about, so that they could not any longer stand before their enemies.

15. Whithersoever they went out, the hand of the LORD was against them for evil, as the LORD had said, and as the LORD had sworn unto them: and they were greatly distressed.

16. Nevertheless the LORD raised up judges, which delivered them out of the hand of those that spoiled them.

17. And yet they would not hearken unto their judges, but they went a whoring after other gods, and bowed themselves unto them: they turned quickly out of the way which their fathers walked in, obeying the commandments of the LORD; but they did not so.

18. And when the LORD raised them up judges, then the LORD was with the judge, and delivered them out of the hand of their enemies all the days of the judge: for it repented the LORD because of their groanings by reason of them that oppressed them and vexed them.

19. And it came to pass, when the judge was dead, that they returned, and corrupted themselves more than their fathers, in following other gods to serve them, and to bow down unto them; they ceased not from their own doings, nor from their stubborn way.

20. And the anger of the LORD was hot against Israel; and he said, Because that this people hath transgressed my covenant which I commanded their fathers, and have not hearkened unto my voice;

21. I also will not henceforth drive out any from before them of the nations which Joshua left when he died:

22. That through them I may prove Israel, whether they will keep the way of the LORD to walk therein, as their fathers did keep it, or not.

23. Therefore the LORD left those nations, without driving them out hastily; neither delivered he them into the hand of Joshua. Judges

MEMORY VERSE: "And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD: and the LORD delivered them into the hand of Midian seven years. (Judges 6:1 )

In as much as God is set to bless you beyond your imagination this month and quarter, it is also important to be aware of what sin can make you to lose. It is unimaginable the level of yoke that sinfulness brings to the lives of believers. The situation of the Israelites calls for sober reflection here. Remember, on any occasion when the Israelites sinned, God allowed their enemies to torment them. Therefore, it is very safe to assert that sin makes one vulnerable and opens the floodgate of attacks against him. At one time, Israel was dominated by their enemies for thirteen years. At another time, it was for eighteen years. From the above scripture, they came under bondage for seven years.

So, take note, any time you commit sin, you make yourself a legal captive in the hand of the enemy. The glory of God departs and this paves way for the enemy to torment you and this will adversely affect your fruitfulness and multiplication and progress generally. Think about it. It is likely that the set back, disappointment, rising/falling, failure at the edge of breakthrough and other forms of harassments you have been passing through in the hands of the enemy all these years might be by-product of sin. Make amends because every sin is accompanied with grave consequences.

Just sing a few songs of praise/worship and take the following prayer points.

PRAYER POINTS :
1. Any power assigned to pull me down; receive frustration, in Jesus name.

2. By the resurrection power of the blood of Jesus Christ, I command the power of sin over my life to die, in Jesus name.

3. Any form of captivity over my life as a result of my sinful past, end in Jesus name.

4. Any consequences of my sin militating against my G. o's prayers for me, come to an end, in the name of Jesus Christ.

AUTHOR: PST LAZARUS MUOKA

(1) (Reply)

Moses' Striking The Rock Twice / Someone's On Your Trail / Lonely Ember Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.