Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,165 members, 7,880,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:25 PM

Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President (2821 Views)

"Why Fatima Buhari Became 4th Wife" - The Capital / 9 Popular Vocabularies In Nigerian Politics Since Buhari Became President / 14 Ways We Are Worse Off Since Buhari Became President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President by NJPot(m): 3:45pm On Apr 04, 2016
[img]http://2.bp..com/-h6BdqBArYJA/VwJn5dkinrI/AAAAAAAACek/nX3kayvAzTEKZ6lc2txsJWKIcMJiN8vqw/s1600/Buhari%2B%253B%2BTravel.jpg[/img]

It is about a year now since President Muhammadu Buhari parked into the Aso Rock as the new president of Nigeria after Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan failed the presidential election. There is no doubt that in this one year of Buhari's administration, things have not been easy for majority of Nigerians. This was probably caused by the crash of the price of crude oil which is the major source of Nigeria's income. Many people lost their jobs, salaries were slashed, price of dollar doubled, cost of things increased, accidents everywhere, Fulani herdsmen killing anybody that comes their way, Boko Haram bombing as usual, Biafrans agitating, fuel scarce, electricity supply tending towards 0MW and so on. Nothing was working. Even the 2016 budget had 'k-leg' and has not been passed as I am writing this. Many came to the conclusion that Buhari has failed Nigerians and have not achieved anything since he became president.

If you are among those that think they have gained nothing in this Buhari and APC led administration, you may be lying. At least you may have added some words to your vocabulary. How many new words did you learn during the entire 6 years of Jonathan's administration. But, just one year of Buhari in office, you have learnt many new words. These are some of the words many of us have learnt under Buhari's administration.

1 . Junketing
Many of us knew this word for the first time when Sahara Reporters used it to describe the incessant travels of president Buhari. From a dictionary, junketing means a trip or tour, especially one taken by an official at public expense.

2. Unbundling
When The petroleum minister of state, Ibe Kachikwu announced that they are in the process of unbundling the NNPC many people began to criticize the move even without knowing the meaning of the word. One guy reading it in a newspaper stand shouted "Buhari wants to finish this country oo." I asked him how. He said "can't you see the news headline". "What is the meaning of unbundling?" I asked him. He replied "go and ask Buhari" This means that he does not even know the meaning. I checked the dictionary and it defines unbundling as the separate pricing of goods and services.

3. Wailing Wailers
This is mostly used by APC supporters to describe PDP loyalists and those dissatisfied with Buhari administration. APC loyalists are referred to as zombie by PDP fans. Wailing wailers came from the word wail which means to make a long, loud, high pitched cry as in grief, sorrow or fear.

4. Technically

This word became very popular in this regime. The information minister, Lai Mohammed, said that Boko Haram has been technically defeated despite the little bombings here and there. This sparked up controversies. "We want Boko Haram to be defeated completely and not technically", wailers wailed.

5. Ineffectual Buffoon
Search for "ineffectual buffoon" in the Google, Bing, Yahoo, Ask or any other search engine in any part of the world, you would see that it was because of only one man that this two big words were joined together. It all started when in one article by The Economist, ex-president Goodluck Jonathan was referred to as an ineffectual buffoon. Ineffectual Buffoon means an impotent or unproductive clown (fool). Chai diaris Goduooo.

6. Ipob
Most of us heard of 'Ipob' for the first time during this Buhari administration. Some of us thought it was a newly released tablet PC because we are already used to ipad, ipod, iphone etc. I personally searched for ipob in Konga, Jumia, Amazon, Olx, Aliexpress and even Alibaba since I was tired of my old ipad but I could not find anything. It was later that I learnt it was just an abbreviation that stands for 'Indigenous People Of Biafra'. I am an original Igbo boy and yet I don't know about Ipob until Buhari became president. This is technically ludicrous.

7. Am Tired. Add yours.

Original Writer: http://chukonetng..ch/2016/04/some-new-words-and-terminologies-you.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President by Bugatie(m): 3:46pm On Apr 04, 2016
Reading

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President by Pidggin(f): 3:46pm On Apr 04, 2016
Zombies grin

7 Likes

Re: Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President by chuzimgaius(f): 3:48pm On Apr 04, 2016
Padding

5 Likes

Re: Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President by Brownhypo: 3:49pm On Apr 04, 2016
Dullard nko? cheesy cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 04, 2016
Witch hunting

4 Likes

Re: Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President by abe4kom: 3:52pm On Apr 04, 2016
Shebi you wan who seun and lalasticlala go ban ba?
Ok. If dem ban me ehn, na me and you for Nairaland.

Oya see these ones.
Daura 1st Son
Herder-In-chief
Confucious
The Winged President
Osunbade

I no wan call #Presidiot #Dullardino #Dullapo etc cos of seun and co

*runs away from threat*

8 Likes

Re: Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President by APCcrimes: 3:55pm On Apr 04, 2016
Dullardinnho...

The Daura Dullardd (TDD)

grin

5 Likes

Re: Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President by tempem: 4:00pm On Apr 04, 2016
How about "Baba-go-slow"?

8 Likes

Re: Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President by ProfessorPeter(m): 4:02pm On Apr 04, 2016
Your list will not be completed if you don't add the word "Inconclusive"

11 Likes

Re: Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President by kYjelly2: 4:06pm On Apr 04, 2016
"We can't afford it"

2 Likes

Re: Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President by abe4kom: 4:07pm On Apr 04, 2016
APC - All Promises Cancelled

DSS - Daura Secret Service

5 Likes

Re: Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President by Fmartin(m): 4:12pm On Apr 04, 2016
1. Mutiny
2. Inconclusive
3. 'We will'
grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President by Montaque(m): 4:33pm On Apr 04, 2016
We learnt the true meaning of the word scam

6 Likes

Re: Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President by hucienda: 4:58pm On Apr 04, 2016
7. zombies

8 Likes

Re: Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President by RaphaeloBurgess: 5:07pm On Apr 04, 2016
I am 100% sure everyone who comented before me are SS/SE PDP Sympathisers who are still in shock and wailing mood because their hero was voted out in 2015. I empathised with you because you have to live with till 2100

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President by gustav25: 5:11pm On Apr 04, 2016
RaphaeloBurgess:
I am 100% sure everyone who comented before me are SS/SE PDP Sympathisers who are still in shock and wailing mood because their hero was voted out in 2015. I empathised with you because you have to live with till 2100
when will you seek a refund for your brain ?

9 Likes

Re: Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President by sekeyso(m): 6:04pm On Apr 04, 2016
Fulani herdmen, no light, no fuel, dollar, naira devaluation,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President by Macmilla(m): 6:25pm On Apr 04, 2016
Budget mafia

4 Likes

Re: Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President by vikacydevato(m): 6:38pm On Apr 04, 2016
Change!

3 Likes

Re: Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President by cornelin(m): 7:34pm On Apr 04, 2016
what of globetrotting? Buhari is set to visit Nigeria again

5 Likes

Re: Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President by stzy(m): 7:57pm On Apr 04, 2016
8. Guliver
9. Johnny walker
10. Bubu
11. Zombies
12. Ipod
13. Propaganda
14. Lies were hit back 2 back
15. Oljumoke
16. David marking
17. All the gates(dasuki, ekiti)
18.Budget mafia,padding etc
19 nepotism(CBN), comedy country, cluelessness, bigotry,

2 Likes

Re: Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President by chuckdelis: 8:23pm On Apr 04, 2016
RaphaeloBurgess:
even if common sense becomes common, can't see u getting any!

3 Likes

Re: Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President by raymis(f): 7:04am On Apr 05, 2016
Buhari is a badluck

1 Like

Re: Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:19am On Apr 05, 2016
Lying liars.
Like Op

1 Like

Re: Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President by NJPot(m): 8:04am On Apr 05, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Lying liars.
Like Op

where is the lie?
Re: Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President by TheEclectic: 8:34pm On Apr 05, 2016
Body language
Body odour

2 Likes

Re: Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President by zibi2(m): 8:57pm On Apr 05, 2016

1 Like

Re: Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President by sotadegrt(m): 9:02pm On Apr 05, 2016
End time terminologies
Re: Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President by lashout1: 9:37pm On Apr 05, 2016
Not really new but frequently used:

New sheriff in town
body language
Business as usual
hit the ground running
not for all but for everyone
ajala
kworuption
herdsmen, esp when they herds' to hell
bubu
Re: Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President by oyinkinola: 9:49pm On Apr 05, 2016
NJPot:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-h6BdqBArYJA/VwJn5dkinrI/AAAAAAAACek/nX3kayvAzTEKZ6lc2txsJWKIcMJiN8vqw/s1600/Buhari%2B%253B%2BTravel.jpg[/img]

It is about a year now since President Muhammadu Buhari parked into the Aso Rock as the new president of Nigeria after Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan failed the presidential election. There is no doubt that in this one year of Buhari's administration, things have not been easy for majority of Nigerians. This was probably caused by the crash of the price of crude oil which is the major source of Nigeria's income. Many people lost their jobs, salaries were slashed, price of dollar doubled, cost of things increased, accidents everywhere, Fulani herdsmen killing anybody that comes their way, Boko Haram bombing as usual, Biafrans agitating, fuel scarce, electricity supply tending towards 0MW and so on. Nothing was working. Even the 2016 budget had 'k-leg' and has not been passed as I am writing this. Many came to the conclusion that Buhari has failed Nigerians and have not achieved anything since he became president.

If you are among those that think they have gained nothing in this Buhari and APC led administration, you may be lying. At least you may have added some words to your vocabulary. How many new words did you learn during the entire 6 years of Jonathan's administration. But, just one year of Buhari in office, you have learnt many new words. These are some of the words many of us have learnt under Buhari's administration.

1 . Junketing
Many of us knew this word for the first time when Sahara Reporters used it to describe the incessant travels of president Buhari. From a dictionary, junketing means a trip or tour, especially one taken by an official at public expense.

2. Unbundling
When The petroleum minister of state, Ibe Kachikwu announced that they are in the process of unbundling the NNPC many people began to criticize the move even without knowing the meaning of the word. One guy reading it in a newspaper stand shouted "Buhari wants to finish this country oo." I asked him how. He said "can't you see the news headline". "What is the meaning of unbundling?" I asked him. He replied "go and ask Buhari" This means that he does not even know the meaning. I checked the dictionary and it defines unbundling as the separate pricing of goods and services.

3. Wailing Wailers
This is mostly used by APC supporters to describe PDP loyalists and those dissatisfied with Buhari administration. APC loyalists are referred to as zombie by PDP fans. Wailing wailers came from the word wail which means to make a long, loud, high pitched cry as in grief, sorrow or fear.

4. Technically

This word became very popular in this regime. The information minister, Lai Mohammed, said that Boko Haram has been technically defeated despite the little bombings here and there. This sparked up controversies. "We want Boko Haram to be defeated completely and not technically", wailers wailed.

5. Ineffectual Buffoon
Search for "ineffectual buffoon" in the Google, Bing, Yahoo, Ask or any other search engine in any part of the world, you would see that it was because of only one man that this two big words were joined together. It all started when in one article by The Economist, ex-president Goodluck Jonathan was referred to as an ineffectual buffoon. Ineffectual Buffoon means an impotent or unproductive clown (fool). Chai diaris Goduooo.

6. Ipob
Most of us heard of 'Ipob' for the first time during this Buhari administration. Some of us thought it was a newly released tablet PC because we are already used to ipad, ipod, iphone etc. I personally searched for ipob in Konga, Jumia, Amazon, Olx, Aliexpress and even Alibaba since I was tired of my old ipad but I could not find anything. It was later that I learnt it was just an abbreviation that stands for 'Indigenous People Of Biafra'. I am an original Igbo boy and yet I don't know about Ipob until Buhari became president. This is technically ludicrous.

7. Am Tired. Add yours.

Original Writer: http://chukonetng..ch/2016/04/some-new-words-and-terminologies-you.html
....this op have a short memory, what aout the $trillion pdp looted funds
Re: Words And Terminologies We Learnt Since Buhari Became President by tobechi20(m): 10:15pm On Apr 05, 2016
investigative journalism

(1) (2) (Reply)

NIGER DELTA AVENGERS : Our Household Is Intact. / Start Picking Your Own Political Post In My Presidential Reign Now / Christians Sleeps As Islam Takes The Front Line ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.