Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,772 members, 7,889,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:25 PM

Is This What Islam Stand For ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This What Islam Stand For ? (626 Views)

Truth Not Tarqiyyah Is What Islam Preahces / What Does ISLAM Stand For Really.....? / What Islam And The Seventh Day Adventists Share In Common (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This What Islam Stand For ? by jookco(m): 4:09am On Jul 30, 2009
The recent violence in the Northern part of Nigeria I think may have revealed what Islam stand for, This is a convincing evidence that peace lives in Christ alone andĀ  there is no other way by which people can have peace accept if the live for Christ.

My brothers and Sister from the North, you all have seen it, think about it, Jesus ask us to pray for and loveĀ  our enemies not to take sword in our hands, take your time think about it why your religion is full of violence, I think you have got a wrong information but today realize that there is another way to get total peace and that way is Jesus. Repent and be save many of your brothers and sisters in Iran are doing so watch CBN .

Good Bless all of you
Re: Is This What Islam Stand For ? by Tboy007: 10:51pm On Jul 30, 2009
WROTE THIS IN AN EARLIER POST.TOT THIS MIGHT INTEREST U

I'd like 2 clear some misconceptns:ISLAM, as preached by the best of mankind advocates seeking of education in all its ramification. There is definately no distinction betw Western educatn & mundane education. In fact, a tradition of the faith advocates seeking knowledge as far as China(then in Arabia, China was the known farthest land). This is why the forebears of the faith were at the fore-front of knowledge & Civilzation in their epoch of time. Also, the Northern muslims shouldn't be construed as "perfect rep" of the Muslim community; as in all parts of the country, we've the uneducated,the area boys (kalari),the trouble makers etc. I undertook my youth service in the North and I can tell you I was grossly dissapointed with how they went about their faith (especially the youths). However, there are some indidviduals/groups amongst them whom you can regard as properly representing the muslim idealogies.
Having said these, I'm actually dissapointed at most of the comments I came across this thread, most of which are openly spiteful of Islam and went in no small measure to denigrate the Islamic faith (the likes of Davidlan:his comments in the religion section leaves you without doubt that he is suffering from Islamophobia,& you only wonder what extreme hatred can lead to). Apparently as intellectuals, if one doesn't understand a concept/doctrine or one is intimidated by its success, the best thing to do is to attempt an independent assessment of the ills it is being accused of, rather than indulging in religious bigotry cum hatred. I'll be surprised if anyone with origins from the South, especially the S/W doesn't have both muslims & xtians as relatives. We should understand that we are not the same (as some are wont to believe) and then go further to understand our differences inorder to live 2gether in harmony rather than embarking on a crusade of defamatory actions/words that could have been as a result of LIMITED personal experiences. In my extended family, my immediate family happens to be on of the very few which practises the Islamic faith. Despite that, we are able to get along with our xtian cousins,uncles aunts, etc.Infact, my parents have sponsored quite a few of them in their educational pursuits till the tertiary level (I can boldly aver that my parents sponsored at least 15 of such xtian cousins:about 3 are chartered accountants).
In attempting an epitome, I'll realy plead to us as youths to avoid all these divisive tendencies, focus on issues that can bring us 2gether and in turn lead to further developments of our great nation, and ultimately rise up as ADVOCATES of positive changes where everyone irrespective of his religious proclivities is able to live in peace & harmony with his neighbours. Don't mind the pessimists, Nigeria is bound to come out of all this crises a better and stronger nation.
To the nation's continued existence & the sustenance of my faith, I resolutely stand for.
Re: Is This What Islam Stand For ? by omodoagba(m): 12:30am On Jul 31, 2009
jookco u are very stupid.how dare u talk like that about islam? is ur religion a real one? nitwit people.
Re: Is This What Islam Stand For ? by mamag3: 1:13am On Jul 31, 2009
Of course that's what it stands for

(1) (Reply)

Bible Synopsis: Who Were The "sons Of God" and more / Modernity And Christianity / Where Is The Destination Of The Dead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.