Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,650 members, 7,889,110 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 11:24 PM

What You Heard About PAYPAL Might Be Wrong... - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What You Heard About PAYPAL Might Be Wrong... (1148 Views)

Have You Heard About Qunqun? Learn How To Make Money / Help Answer This Question About Paypal / The Drawback About Paypal Nigeria And How Do We Get Out Of It... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Heard About PAYPAL Might Be Wrong... by Nobody: 3:12pm On Apr 05, 2016
Just thought to share in Here

So today My PayPal account got limited for unusual activity. I provided the requested ID and called PayPal up immediately.

Here are the things I found out
1. It's against their policy to try to "circumvent" the system accepting payments on behalf of other people constantly thereby providing financial service to these people.

2. My account is PayPal canada and I have accessed it from Nigeria without issues for years without being blocked but cos of the continuous funds I received recently the system shut me out, as it detected fraudulent activity.

*For the records I never leave Funds in my PayPal Account, and push funds out as soon as I receive them, that way my money is safe with me.

3. Accepting funds on behalf of people 'as a service is illegal' and against their policy.
Therefore i can't keep receiving Fiverr funds cos I have to keep adding and deleting emails, that being said I cherish my PayPal account but I would keep accepting PayPal to PayPal transfers from NON-FRAUDULENT ACCOUNTs

4. If you wish to own a PayPal account make sure you use your real name and have an ID to back it up, cos Personally I hate falsifying documents or using VPN my explanation worked I was only told I needed to notify them of moving to another location NIGERIA. My account is back on restored within 10 minutes of being restricted.

*IDs requested was drivers license (this was not a Nigerian DL)
Receiving a text by or a phone call
I opted to upload an ID cos I had no access to the phone number I used to register.

I am not much of a writer and just noted a few points. I would gladly respond to whatever questions you ask.

Also for currency exchangers there's a special reason I delete emails immediately after transacting with each individual they have the confirmation link sent to them by PayPal and might still try to use it to access your account, if you come in contact with 'the one who is not so nice' so I don't think it is safe leaving another's email in your account.

If your account is pure like mine once it's limited you can restore it ASAP. Just give them what they want
And NO I don't help people open PayPal account and still do not receive illegal funds. Those who have used my service no I scrutinize a lot. Don't blame me, blame the system.
Any typo error FORGIVE didn't proof read so long you get the message.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Heard About PAYPAL Might Be Wrong... by Lordtrillion(m): 6:50pm On Apr 05, 2016
tfx2012:

Ok, good to know. My China PayPal account was recently limited. I think its also because of same issue of adding different emails for Fiverr withdrawal. I sent them a mail & they told me that they will close my account & its final. How do I get over this with them. Will Calling them be a better option?
Does it also mean that with this their rule, its in the best interest not to do Fiverr withdrawals since you'll be required to add & delete your clients email often?
Re: What You Heard About PAYPAL Might Be Wrong... by EnterPRO: 6:52pm On Apr 05, 2016
very nice info op. thanks for sharing.

seems fiverr peeps are stuck with Payoneer in the long run then?
or they opt for opening foreign PayPal accounts on their own, ultimately.
Re: What You Heard About PAYPAL Might Be Wrong... by kakamenia(m): 7:45pm On Apr 05, 2016
Oga you mean you open the PayPal account while at Canada or was it opened here why in Nigeria, and you equally said that your driving licence is not that of Nigeria
Re: What You Heard About PAYPAL Might Be Wrong... by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 05, 2016
Lordtrillion:

Ok, good to know. My China PayPal account was recently limited. I think its also because of same issue of adding different emails for Fiverr withdrawal. I sent them a mail & they told me that they will close my account & its final. How do I get over this with them. Will Calling them be a better option?
Does it also mean that with this their rule, its in the best interest not to do Fiverr withdrawals since you'll be required to add & delete your clients email often?

Did they ask you to provide an IP. I called them after I received the mail and immediately uploaded the ID they requested. What options did they give has the account been closed already? Have you been masking your ID? Do you have a china ID to match your account name? My PayPal account has NEVER being flagged before so I would say YES the adding and deleting of emails after withdrawing flags your account as fraudulent activity. Do you have funds in it?
Re: What You Heard About PAYPAL Might Be Wrong... by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 05, 2016
EnterPRO:
very nice info op. thanks for sharing.

seems fiverr peeps are stuck with Payoneer in the long run then?

or they opt for opening foreign PayPal accounts on their own, ultimately.

In the long run getting their own PayPal should be an option but it comes with its own Issues, a day might come an ID would be requested. Payoneer is the next alternative I'm looking into.

1 Like

Re: What You Heard About PAYPAL Might Be Wrong... by Lordtrillion(m): 10:26pm On Apr 05, 2016
tfx2012:

Did they ask you to provide an IP. I called them after I received the mail and immediately uploaded the ID they requested. What options did they give has the account been closed already? Have you been masking your ID? Do you have a china ID to match your account name? My PayPal account has NEVER being flagged before so I would say YES the adding and deleting of emails after withdrawing flags your account as fraudulent activity. Do you have funds in it?
Nope, they didn't request for an IP, i usually use my Nigerian IP on it.The account hasn't been closed yet, I have about a $120 in it. They said it will take 180 to withdraw my funds. They didn't request any specific thing from me, the only thing they told me was to quote a code when contacting them which I did in the email I sent to them.
I later received an email from them stating that they've resolved to close my acct & its final embarassed
Don't know what to do, thinking of creating a new one
Re: What You Heard About PAYPAL Might Be Wrong... by Nobody: 2:15am On Apr 06, 2016
Lordtrillion:

Nope, they didn't request for an IP, i usually use my Nigerian IP on it.The account hasn't been closed yet, I have about a $120 in it. They said it will take 180 to withdraw my funds. They didn't request any specific thing from me, the only thing they told me was to quote a code when contacting them which I did in the email I sent to them.
I later received an email from them stating that they've resolved to close my acct & its final embarassed
Don't know what to do, thinking of creating a new one

Seems China PayPal comes with wahala as they also have restrictions. I also think it has to do with the country that's why you were not given a chance, try calling them to see if you can convince them! Calls help you explain better. Maybe cos they know you are not in China too.
Re: What You Heard About PAYPAL Might Be Wrong... by Nobody: 2:16am On Apr 06, 2016
kakamenia:
Oga you mean you open the PayPal account while at Canada or was it opened here why in Nigeria, and you equally said that your driving licence is not that of Nigeria
Erm...I'm a lady yes account was opened there. Non Nigeria ID was provided.

(1) (Reply)

Rejoinder :how A Guy In Port-harcourt Duped Me Today / Banks With Lowest Interest Rates On Loans / 10 Naira Sugar Is How Many Cubes In Your?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.