Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,278 members, 7,887,807 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:10 PM

Buhari Must Go: Massive Street Protests - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Must Go: Massive Street Protests (8695 Views)

"Buhari Must Investigate El-rufai Over Yar’adua’s Death" - Senator Shehu Sani / APGA LIVE: Street Protests In Awka Over Enugu Federal H'court Rule / Street Protests In Enugu Over Herdsmen Massacre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Must Go: Massive Street Protests by francizy(m): 10:47am On Apr 06, 2016
jeyselassie:
happy birthday in advance wink

Thanks you! cool
Re: Buhari Must Go: Massive Street Protests by zendy: 11:12am On Apr 06, 2016
ozoebuka1:
when 5% say that they are the smartest in nigeria, the 95% will be arguing.... what 5% saw before election, 95% are just seeing after election... how pathetic!!!

They chased out GEJ and brought Buhari. That was like chasing out a Cat to bring in a Tiger. We were shouting that the history and antics of Buhari is nothing to write home about but they kept on shouting "change"

3 more years of "change" still awaits them
Re: Buhari Must Go: Massive Street Protests by coolscott(m): 11:13am On Apr 06, 2016
ozoebuka1:
when 5% say that they are the smartest in nigeria, the 95% will be arguing.... what 5% saw before election, 95% are just seeing after election... how pathetic!!!

[size=13pt]I usually say that a man who walks out to the village square and announces that he is wiser than everybody else is not wise at all.
However, in this case, I have downgraded my opinion of the Buhari guys because their lack of ability to see was so very outstanding(actually, let me use the word, EPIC here)
I don't think they know the enormity of the folly I believe they displayed in their support of Buhari.
We told them that we know Jonathan had his flaws but Buhari was not the alternative.
These Buhariists came from all over the country.
From Bayelsa to Lagos all the way to Sokoto.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Buhari Must Go: Massive Street Protests by sammyj: 11:28am On Apr 06, 2016
.................... cheesy grin
......................... cheesy grin grin grin
............................... angry cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
........................................... cheesy shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
hylyne:

Pretty soon, you would realize that, whatever you're doing now is equivalent to idleness
Re: Buhari Must Go: Massive Street Protests by Mboi: 1:49pm On Apr 06, 2016
Ioannes:

#sigh*

if you are ignorant, it's better to ask humbly so that you can be educated.

you want to know How the current situation has to do with Stella's case or Farouk? have you heard of the word impunity?

when a government supports and promotes impunity in all sectors of the economy what you get is what we are having right now.

some aggrieved youths destroying gas pipelines because they are aggrieved. that is impunity. the result? no power supply.

some petrol dealers hoarding fuel so they can sell at exorbitant price when a filling station like BOVAS sells at the official rate come rain come shine, yet they lift from the same depot. That's called impunity. the result? Nigerians sleeping in fuel stations.

Forex dealers hoarding the dollars so that they can sell at black market price instead of official rate which shows lack of patriotism. that is impunity. result? the Naira has fallen drastically against the dollar in the PARALLEL market.

Stella and Farouk were both guilty of corruption but the government failed to prosecute them thereby encouraging impunity.

there is no way a nation can grow with the spirit of impunity hanging on it's shoulder.

now ask yourself, what kind of country did Jonathan leave behind for his successor?

Teacher don't teach me nonsense. So it was only during Jonathan's Administration that we experienced pipeline vandals, it was only during GEJ administration that we experienced looters, please carry this your myopic politics of ignorance go away from here.
When GEJ was complaining of vandalism, cabals and the rest who are the reason Nigeria has not grown since 1960, ignoramus like you felt he was incompetent. Why are ur likes leaking your vomits now.
Re: Buhari Must Go: Massive Street Protests by meccuno: 1:51pm On Apr 06, 2016
meromero11:

When NLC and the entire civil society organisation called the whole nation out during GEJ tenure, the South East and Southermost South South (A/Ibom, Cross River, Rivers and Bayelsa states) refused to join. They even went ahead to stage a confrontational protest against the NLC and Civil rights groups. Asari Dokubo issued threats against any oil workers who dares to participate in the organised national protest.What do you call that? Complete civil disunity. Since then, the government have capitalised on the fault lines to keep polarising the citizenry.
You can go ahead but know very well some of the regions will not participate in it. I wish you well.
the SE didn't join because they buy fuel @ the same price that GEJ wanted to sell after the removal of fuel subsidy......so why waste ur energy protesting?
Re: Buhari Must Go: Massive Street Protests by Mboi: 2:45pm On Apr 06, 2016
meromero11:

When NLC and the entire civil society organisation called the whole nation out during GEJ tenure, the South East and Southermost South South (A/Ibom, Cross River, Rivers and Bayelsa states) refused to join. They even went ahead to stage a confrontational protest against the NLC and Civil rights groups. Asari Dokubo issued threats against any oil workers who dares to participate in the organised national protest.What do you call that? Complete civil disunity. Since then, the government have capitalised on the fault lines to keep polarising the citizenry.
You can go ahead but know very well some of the regions will not participate in it. I wish you well.
First ask yourself, what was the reason behind the protest then. South east and south South did not join because they knew removing subsidy was the best thing for Nigeria but myopic Nigerians from South West and North who did not know what subsidy is all about took to the streets.
Now is fuel not selling above what it was sold then, why didn't u people protest again.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Open To All Nigerians Interested In Development, Says Oyegun / 2023: Emir Of Dutse Endorses Amaechi For President / APC Clears Jigawa Gov Badaru For Presidential Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.