Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,426 members, 7,950,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 06:24 AM

Career Choices Have Consequences - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Career Choices Have Consequences (458 Views)

Cultism In Nigerian Schools: Causes, Consequences, And Prevention / Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! / Career Choices For An English Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Career Choices Have Consequences by pesakao: 9:41pm On Apr 05, 2016
[img][/img]

Let's face it. Majority of people pursue careers that they are neither interested in nor have enough desire and talent to manage. This mindset actually kills careers even before they are conceived. So before you dive into any tertiary institution and ask for the course brochures ask yourself the following questions:
-Is 'course keyword' my thing?
- Will I get work post learning?
-Are there notable successful personalities who studied 'course keyword'?

Career choices have great impacts when it comes to real life. African institutions have been left behind when it comes to practicality of courses. Essentially, this means that we have to work harder to gain practical expertise that is needed post learning. Real work life dictates that you have many years experience under your sleeve or belt or whatever.

In my six years at a Kenyan University (http://www.coursekenya.com/public-universities/) I have witnessed many students come, glow and go. And when I say go I mean discontinued from learning or simply too tired to care. The worst cases scenario is a suicide mission by one lady who could not handle the pressure of her chosen career. So she took the short and sombre way out. Saaaaaaaaaaaaad!

Most African tertiary institutions do not provide adequate career guidance and counseling expos and workshops through which students both potential and actual can interact with each other and share ideas. If you want to remain relevant in this fast changing world, choose the right career path. If you are undecided, seek professional help. Yes there are numerous highly qualified Career Counselors and they'll gladly help you; some freely and many at a fee.

So what courses have you done at tertiary institution or in what field do you intend to study? Is it worth it?

Feel free to share with us below! You can find various courses and course ideas here:http://www.coursekenya.com/public-universities/

(1) (Reply)

7 Characteristics Of Ineffective People / 2016 Mass Comm. Aspirants Federal Poly Nekede CLICK HERE / For Your Research Project Topics And Materials In Business Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.