Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,093 members, 7,890,603 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:47 PM

Why Dont Christians Name Thier Children After The Bible Character Job? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Dont Christians Name Thier Children After The Bible Character Job? (572 Views)

Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With / Who's Your Best Bible Character? / Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Dont Christians Name Thier Children After The Bible Character Job? by TulsaOklahoma: 10:04am On Apr 08, 2016
for the few decades i have spent on earth,i have met lots of people mostly proclaimers of the christian faith be it catholic,anglican,protestant,pentecostal etc.but something i have noticed is that no one ever bears the name "Job" is it that he wasn't a faithful man,offcourse we know he was a faithful man,a man who God above had immense confidence,a man who displayed virtues such as humility,perseverance,endurance,intergrity and love.Job was a greatman who showed that even if you lose everything it is still possible to put faith in your god.people call thier children david,paul,peter,abraham,yes those men were also faithful men but were they as faithful as job,okay if fate is the issue,i have heard someone call his child cain,we know very well about cains history,the first murderer.job was a man who detested sin and sacrificed animals to God incase if his children sinned unknowingly,this man was truly a greatman,and God saw that and that was why even after his travails,he still blessed him again.I strongly think that calling our boys could be a possitive influence for them.over to you friends,is there something about Job that i dont know,am willing to learn.thank you
Re: Why Dont Christians Name Thier Children After The Bible Character Job? by bluaero(m): 10:05am On Apr 08, 2016
Who says?
Re: Why Dont Christians Name Thier Children After The Bible Character Job? by Flexherbal(m): 10:06am On Apr 08, 2016
No body wants to suffer before pleasure.
Re: Why Dont Christians Name Thier Children After The Bible Character Job? by rottennaija(m): 10:10am On Apr 08, 2016
A few have
Re: Why Dont Christians Name Thier Children After The Bible Character Job? by dayowunmi(m): 10:17am On Apr 08, 2016
And how do you know people don't answer Job? It's not as common as other names but people certainly answer Job. The names I don't feel people should answer are such names as Rachel, Samson because they didn't have a good end and Jacob because it means supplanter or conman, instead of Jacob name the child Israel.
Re: Why Dont Christians Name Thier Children After The Bible Character Job? by orunto27: 11:19am On Apr 08, 2016
Christians bear the name Job. Haven't you heard of Bishop Alaba Job?
Re: Why Dont Christians Name Thier Children After The Bible Character Job? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 08, 2016
Hashahahah?!

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians In London Allegedly Disgraced Their Pastor Inside The Church (video) / Logos Biblica: Explore The Bible With Me / Aqeedatu Sahiha(healthy Aqeeda)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.