Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,882 members, 7,976,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 01:22 AM

Why Does The Bad Apple Taste So Sweet? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Does The Bad Apple Taste So Sweet? (765 Views)

If He Behaves In These 7 Ways, He Definitely Wants To Taste Your Honey Pot / Every Guy Wants To Have A Taste Of My Pretty Younger Sister, I Need Advice Pls / Why Women Are More Attracted To The Bad Guys Than The Good Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Does The Bad Apple Taste So Sweet? by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 08, 2016
I must tell you first that I often seriously wonder, why have we all resolved that the fruit Eve took from the serpent was an ‘apple’? Even Christian paintings of the apple-eating incident depict the fruit as an apple….why? Is it the scarcity of the apple or the prestige of the fruit that is making all of us agree it must have been the fruit Eve collected from the sweet-tasting serpent, the snake? Or, is it an African perception, generally acceptable because we can hardly grow apple in our own continent? Well, whatever reason the forefathers gave for assuming it must have been the apple, they sure forgot to take care of a serious issue….if it was the bad fruit, why did God make it so sweet?

I for one will love to assume the fruit Eve took from the serpent must have been a very sweet one to have successfully fooled the naked lady and then go on to fool her long-throat husband. Well, the apple could pass for the perfect candidate for this description…..but I prefer to use grapes as the fruit in question. Remember, the Bible made reference to a fruit that the fathers ate and the children are having toothaches instead….apples do not give toothaches….pardon my skepticism, it could even have been an agbalumo (I do not care what the English name is), but please, save the apple on this one.

These things are not my real worries….my worry is deeper and more fearful than what the identity of the fruit is. My worry is, if the fruit was so bad, why did God make it taste so sweet? Where my worry is coming from is, if it were a bitter fruit, maybe Adam would have been spared and Eve would have eaten it alone….and our generation would have been safe! But, I have not even reached my destination with this talk.
Our fathers have so intelligently described every ‘bad’ thing we do as young people as ‘tasting the bad apple’….intelligent use of words you will say! But why do these bad apples taste so sweet? Okay, I agree that alcoholism and smoking are bad apples….come on, they do not even taste sweet. So we agree, alcoholism is a bad apple…smoking is a bad apple…what else?

My first major question is, will sex pass for a bad apple too? If it is a bad apple, why does it taste so sweet? Pardon my vulgarism here, but starting from the erection of the male organ, to the wetness of the female opening, to the process of insertion and ejaculation, all come with sweet feelings that you may never have the chance to consider whether it is a bad apple at all. Come on, why am I hot-wired to wake up in the morning and have a reflexive erection? If it were a bad apple, why does it taste so sweet? Why does seeing a woman’s bosom feel so good if it is so bad?

My second major question is, will eating of religiously forbidden meat pass for a bad apple too? If this is tasting the bad apple too, why do these meats taste far better than the permitted ones? Why will snake taste better than fish? Why will dog taste better than goat? Why will pig taste better than cow? Why will they even have good tastes at all if they are meant to be forbidden? Why will the Creator make them and make them so sweet if they were bad apples? Should bad apples not taste bad?

My fundamental worry in this sense is even more absurd. Why did God make the consequence of eating the bad apple (or grape or agbalumo) so attractive? Knowledge of good and evil was the consequence of eating the bad apple….is knowledge not good? They knew they were naked after they took the bad apple, were they supposed to walk around naked and not know? Are we saying mad people walking the streets naked are living the Garden of Eden life? I do not understand and I have to ask you….

Stealing the people’s money feels so good, because of course, having a lot of money in the vault is one of the best things that can happen to one. But then, isn’t it a bad apple? It is the same reason why a lot of people who criticize corrupt politicians today will do the same if given the chance….money feels good, but then, isn’t it a bad apple? I am at a loss honestly!

So let us make a list….sexual intercourse, forbidden meats, corruption and money-stealing, fifteen-wife polygamy, truancy, negligence of duty…et al….et al…..! Add to the list yourself….but answer the question first, why do they feel so good?

Must we all then agree that the bad things of this world are the things that taste good? Okay…we could make another list….sugar, chocolate bars, sweets and biscuits, junk food, ice cream….et al…et al…are sweet-tasting things that make you end up in jedi-jedi (please borrow me the English)….but then, bitter leaf, yoyo bitters, Swedish flush, kolanut, bitter kola…et al…et all….are all bitter things that help the body retain its health! What an irony! So, sweet things kill us and bitter things keep us healthy…hmmm!

But wait, in what category do we place Alomo Bitters?

Answer that yourself!

Namaste….

Twitter: @iamtolulakin
FB Page: Adedayo Oderinu
E-Mail: ibuckresources@gmail.com
Re: Why Does The Bad Apple Taste So Sweet? by GJames(m): 10:40am On Apr 08, 2016
Nice observation but Note:

No meat is forbidden apart that of Humans

Sex is not forbidden; Adultry, fornication and lust is what's forbidden.

God made them sweet, gave us the urge to desire these things and forbade them that he might receive glory in our obedience. Knowing how sweet these things are, we reject them just because God asked us to, that way we show him love and reverence.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Bad Apple Taste So Sweet? by Chicagoesontop: 11:44am On Apr 08, 2016
Op Your Write up Is Interesting, But You Should Know That Narrow Is The Way Of Life But Broad Is The Way Of Destruction !!

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander Photo With Amber Rose / Who Is Responsible For My Pregnancy? / How To Get Rid Of Vaginal Odor...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.