Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,223 members, 7,910,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 03:28 AM

How To Answer : No Experience, Why Should We Hire You ? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Answer : No Experience, Why Should We Hire You ? (5475 Views)

Jobs Seekers – See Best Way To Answer “why Should We Hire You?” / Why Should We Hire You? The Answer To The Question! / "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Answer : No Experience, Why Should We Hire You ? by BISolutionsng: 1:12pm On Apr 08, 2016
www.biempowerment.com
#WeLoveGraduates #WeLoveYouths

How To Answer: You don’t have enough experience — why should we hire you?

We are looking for someone with experience...or, You don’t have enough experience — why should we hire you?
If you’re a new graduate, or if you’re switching careers , you might get asked this question, especially early in the process, like in a phone interview. It is a challenge, but don’t let it freak you out. They are at least somewhat interested in you, or they wouldn’t have even bothered to talk to you at this point. So keep that in mind and maintain your confidence. They’re just a little concerned, but all you have to do is to sort of help them along in their thinking on this issue.

Turn the tables on them

Remind them that at one point, they didn’t have any experience either, and someone gave them a chance. Say something like, “Well, at some point, you didn’t have any experience either, when you were first starting out. And obviously, you’ve been very successful. Would you hire you again?”

At this point, they’ll be nodding their heads, remembering and agreeing with you — that’s always a good thing! This is a very logical thing to bring up, and it gives you a little bit of a psychological edge in the process.

6 Likes

Re: How To Answer : No Experience, Why Should We Hire You ? by nonstan(m): 1:57pm On Apr 08, 2016
Hmmm..kinda seems rude...y not instead tell them u r a fast learner and willing to put your best

12 Likes

Re: How To Answer : No Experience, Why Should We Hire You ? by BISolutionsng: 2:59pm On Apr 08, 2016
Thanks for your insightful suggestion. Visit www.biempowerment.com for more interview tips, thanks.
nonstan:
Hmmm..kinda seems rude...y not instead tell them u r a fast learner and willing to put your best
Re: How To Answer : No Experience, Why Should We Hire You ? by Visocrate(m): 5:17pm On Apr 08, 2016
I swear if you answer my boss like this you will use the wider gate and you will be banned from subsequent application and invitation , the best answer would be ; I am a very fast learner I don't need to be told things twice and as a fresh graduate my memory is still fresh with all the working principles of the company's operation and all I need is just a little time to familiarise myself with the practical working principles of the company and because I am gifted particularly in this kind of assignment I would do better when given the opportunity than those who are not gifted as I am in this field . Thanks for giving me that opportunity to express myself

15 Likes

Re: How To Answer : No Experience, Why Should We Hire You ? by pwettiejay(f): 5:54pm On Apr 08, 2016
That's seems rude

2 Likes

Re: How To Answer : No Experience, Why Should We Hire You ? by karleone(m): 6:57pm On Apr 08, 2016
Visocrate:
I swear if you answer my boss like this you will use the wider gate and you will be banned from subsequent application and invitation , the best answer would be ; I am a very fast learner I don't need to be told things twice and as a fresh graduate my memory is still fresh with all the working principles of the company's operation and all I need is just a little time to familiarise myself with the practical working principles of the company and because I am gifted particularly in this kind of assignment I would do better when given the opportunity than those who are not gifted as I am in this field . Thanks for giving me that opportunity to express myself

You get time for this long talk o.. I'll just be brief and move on.

1 Like

Re: How To Answer : No Experience, Why Should We Hire You ? by hardbody: 7:54pm On Apr 08, 2016
That response is plain silly and rude.

The alternative suggestions make more sense.

Even as an experienced hire being head hunted, this week, my prospective employer asked me what i know about their company and what value add i was bringing to the table.

I told him in plain english that whether or not i am hired, i will advise that their website be revamped as there is nothing in the website that says anything about the company. Meanwhile, I also assured him that I knew nothing much about the kind of contracts they will need me to draft but considering I am smart, I will be in a position to learn from other sources including online and other competitors in the field. I have been slated to meet with the chairman.

My point? Tell your interviewer the truth and remain stolid in your reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: How To Answer : No Experience, Why Should We Hire You ? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 08, 2016
Dat response is really uncalled for n so unprofessional

1 Like

Re: How To Answer : No Experience, Why Should We Hire You ? by ambassadorgozie(m): 9:46pm On Apr 08, 2016
karleone:

You get time for this long talk o.. I'll just be brief and move on.

My man how far

1 Like

Re: How To Answer : No Experience, Why Should We Hire You ? by karleone(m): 10:34pm On Apr 08, 2016
ambassadorgozie:

My man how far
I dey o.. We no longer see you in JV section. How is the hussling going? Any good news?

1 Like

Re: How To Answer : No Experience, Why Should We Hire You ? by ambassadorgozie(m): 10:47pm On Apr 08, 2016
karleone:

I dey o..
We no longer see you in JV section. How is the hussling going? Any good news?

Notin yet, managing wit one contract stuff..

U nko?

1 Like

Re: How To Answer : No Experience, Why Should We Hire You ? by karleone(m): 10:55pm On Apr 08, 2016
ambassadorgozie:

Notin yet, managing wit one contract stuff..
U nko?
That's good to hear. It's better than none. As for me, I'm not onto any @ present.

1 Like

Re: How To Answer : No Experience, Why Should We Hire You ? by ambassadorgozie(m): 11:03pm On Apr 08, 2016
karleone:

That's good to hear. It's better than none.
As for me, I'm not onto any @ present.

I don tire for dis country mehn, to relocate to Niger republic dey hungry me..

Anyways lets continue applying nd hopin on God!

1 Like

Re: How To Answer : No Experience, Why Should We Hire You ? by Richy4(m): 1:03am On Apr 09, 2016
I think that answer will be the most horrifying answer of the year. IF it was a financial sector,

Y not state the fact that u have a Bachelor's Degree in banking and Finance or what ever... that you have been equipped while studying as an undergraduate to take up this role... Explain about credit and lending. what ever course that relates to finance you have learned.....

Finally tell them that you are smart and a fast learner....Tell them with confidence that any where your experience cannot take you, your smartness, educational background and your willing to learn will take you there..

Exhale and say hail Mary in your heart cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Answer : No Experience, Why Should We Hire You ? by Wealthyone: 5:28pm On Apr 10, 2016
Op should just bring down dis thread b4 misleading applicants.

I interviewed over 70 pple last week and if I got a rude reply like this, u might not see the next stage.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Certication Edge Interview/test / Etisalat Call Center / Celtel Nigeria Career Opportunities, Job Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.