Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,270 members, 7,887,790 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:51 PM

Pope To Church: Accept Gays, Divorced Catholics * - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Pope To Church: Accept Gays, Divorced Catholics * (716 Views)

Benedicta Elechi: Paul Odekina Is Gay, I Divorced Him, We Had Sex 11 Times Only / Akpororo Calls Out Bobrisky While Speaking About Gays During Comedy Show (video) / Oge Okoye In A Boobs-Baring Outfit To Church Today, Fans Slam Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope To Church: Accept Gays, Divorced Catholics * by flowalk(m): 5:57pm On Apr 08, 2016
Pope Francis put his shoulder to the
doors
of the Catholic Church and shoved them
open a little wider Friday, calling for the
church to be more tolerant in practice
while
not changing any official doctrines.

He urged priests around the world to be
more accepting of gays and lesbians,
divorced Catholics and other people living
in
what the church considers “irregular”
situations.

“A pastor cannot feel that it is enough
simply to apply moral laws … as if they
were
stones to throw at people’s lives,” Francis
writes in a sweeping paper outlining his
stance on family matters.

He urges more common sense and less
unthinking following of rules.

“By thinking that everything is black and
white, we sometimes close off the way of
grace and growth,” he writes.
He emphasizes that “unjust
discrimination”
against gays and lesbians is unacceptable,
downplays the idea of “living in sin” and
suggests that priests should use their
own
discretion on whether divorced Catholics
in
new marriages can take Communion.

Path of Jesus
The paper has much to please both
liberals
and conservatives, though it is unlikely to
go
far enough for either group within the
church.

“I understand those who prefer a more
rigorous pastoral care which leaves no
room for confusion. But I sincerely believe
that Jesus wants......
See complete post and photos @
https://flowwalk./2016/04/08/pope-to-church-accept-gays-divorced-catholics/

Re: Pope To Church: Accept Gays, Divorced Catholics * by Luckylife(m): 6:00pm On Apr 08, 2016
He indirectly meant that they need help and prayers more than others because religions are there to revive sinners.
Re: Pope To Church: Accept Gays, Divorced Catholics * by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 08, 2016
undecided
Re: Pope To Church: Accept Gays, Divorced Catholics * by gossipatrol(f): 6:04pm On Apr 08, 2016
Seriously, I agree with him. The way people condemn these gay people is now bordering on wickedness. How can u lynch someone because hes gay? Its just taking us back to when whites lynched blacks because of tge colour of their skin.

It is their decision abeg live and let live
Re: Pope To Church: Accept Gays, Divorced Catholics * by nedu2000(m): 6:05pm On Apr 08, 2016
As long as I didn't see any Bible passage backing him,it remains his personal opinion.
It's a shame he's compromising in contrast to what the Bible says concerning homosexuality when u consider his position

2 Likes

Re: Pope To Church: Accept Gays, Divorced Catholics * by kossyablaze(m): 6:07pm On Apr 08, 2016
I concur
Re: Pope To Church: Accept Gays, Divorced Catholics * by nedu2000(m): 6:09pm On Apr 08, 2016
gossipatrol:
Seriously, I agree with him. The way people condemn these gay people is now bordering on wickedness. How can u lynch someone because hes gay? Its just taking us back to when whites lynched blacks because of tge colour of their skin.

It is their decision abeg live and let live
personally I have nothing against homosexuals but this is a christian leader,the pope going in contrast to the word of God he should uphold with his life!! It's sounds hypocritical to me and maybe he should resign since the Bible and his line of thought are different.
Re: Pope To Church: Accept Gays, Divorced Catholics * by cruzita(f): 7:09pm On Apr 08, 2016
this one pass me I swear .I no know whether to concur or not.
Re: Pope To Church: Accept Gays, Divorced Catholics * by peteregwu(m): 7:21pm On Apr 08, 2016
Guys the way am seeing it, I believe too many gay's are in Catholic and have been looking for a way to legalize it in the Catholic, very soon they will. The Pope is just playing us and beating it like a drum. It's like advertising it for the Catholic to accept it. I wonder what the Catholic people are saying, since they have decide to take Mary as their God. undecided
Re: Pope To Church: Accept Gays, Divorced Catholics * by NobleAngell(f): 7:23pm On Apr 08, 2016
Pope Francis do not let the devil use you as an instrument against the word of God. You are a leader and 99% of your followers (Catholics) will do exactly what you say. So you gotta watch it so you don't lead them to hell. Forget society and concentrate on searching the Word thoroughly.
Re: Pope To Church: Accept Gays, Divorced Catholics * by gossipatrol(f): 10:55pm On Apr 08, 2016
peteregwu:
Guys the way am seeing it, I believe too many gay's are in Catholic and have been looking for a way to legalize it in the Catholic, very soon they will. The Pope is just playing us and beating it like a drum. It's like advertising it for the Catholic to accept it. I wonder what the Catholic people are saying, [s]since they have decide to take Mary as their God. :[/s]-\

Pls educate yourself in this regard.

(1) (Reply)

Blackberrybabes.com Gives Out Cash To Its Readers And Commentators (photos) / Like Michael Jackson, Like Prince / Linda Ikeji! Mother Of Plagiarism, Ruining Nigeria’s Blogosphere (A Must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.