Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,213 members, 7,887,568 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:47 AM

Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles? (3284 Views)

These 4 Expensive Cars Abandoned On Nigeria Roads Cost 1.2 Billion Naira / Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 / Ferrari F50 Abandoned In Ibadan (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles? by sooperrescue(m): 1:49am On Apr 09, 2016
Our Company is rendering disposal of used and abandoned vehicles in Lagos metropolis. We want to rid you of your abandoned vehicles that are creating environmental disaster into the water we drink.and affecting our ozone layer. For a token of 15000 NAIRA, we will come to your house, road, street and close and pick up all the cars that are causing heavy degradation to our environment and making our streets an eyesore of junk and abandoned cars. Call 0705699011 toll free for quick evacuation. Lets keep Lagos clean. Whatsapp only, 08034534267, 08098534267

1 Like

Re: Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles? by thesicilian: 2:16am On Apr 09, 2016
hmmm
Re: Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles? by kayjasper(f): 5:22am On Apr 09, 2016
sooperrescue:
Our Company is rendering disposal of used and abandoned vehicles in Lagos metropolis. We want to rid you of your abandoned vehicles that are creating environmental disaster into the water we drink.and affecting our ozone layer. For a token of 15000 NAIRA, we will come to your house, [/b]road, street and close and pick up all the cars that are causing heavy degradation to our environment and making our streets an eyesore of junk and abandoned cars. Call 0705699011 toll free for quick evacuation. [b]Lets keep Lagos clean. Whatsapp only, 08034534267, 08098534267

I laugh in Spanish.

I will pay you 15k "token" to come take away my abandoned car, which u will go and rip to sell as scrap metal right?

You are on a long thing.

Lets keep Lagos clean indeed, instead of you to say we should keep your pocket full.

For your mind na u smart pass for Lagos o!!!
grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles? by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:13am On Apr 09, 2016
kayjasper:

I laugh in Spanish.

I will pay you 15k "token" to come take away my abandoned car, which u will go and rip to sell as scrap metal right?

You are on a long thing.

Lets keep Lagos clean indeed, instead of you to say we should keep your pocket full.

grin grin grin

some cars have very little scrap value.

2 Likes

Re: Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles? by lonelydora: 6:57am On Apr 09, 2016
kayjasper:

I laugh in Spanish.

You are on a long thing.

grin grin grin

Talk true. Are you a lady? Lol at your comment.

1 Like

Re: Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles? by hopeforcharles(m): 7:13am On Apr 09, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

But @ least they have value no matter how small, since you guys business men you should think of ways to compensate the owners by offering something to them in this way everybody is happy.

1 Like

Re: Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles? by sooperrescue(m): 8:00am On Apr 09, 2016
You are right about compensation but we know those people we are targeting. Those whose cars have become relics in their houses and it has.become a risk to the owners. Those are the once we are talking about. I once took a glk Mercedes bulletproof jeep from an embassy in Lagos to a demolition yard in Ogba and we were paid 40k to take it there. It is the owners of the vehicles that pays for demolition. We are not Owode that will resell the vehicles. Have you noticed that if you abandon your truck on the highway, after a month, it is only the carcass you will meet there. Those doing that job are thieves. We have been rendering this service since 2009 and we know the many enquiries we have gotten since last night. If you know what effect the vehicles that are abandoned does to the environment, we should not then see the enterprise as a means to chop lagosians hard earned money, you will surely be glad to dispose of it. We are Rescue and Recovery nig Ltd.

2 Likes

Re: Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles? by dhemmyhardy(m): 9:58am On Apr 09, 2016
sooperrescue:
You are right about compensation but we know those people we are targeting. Those whose cars have become relics in their houses and it has.become a risk to the owners. Those are the once we are talking about. I once took a glk Mercedes bulletproof jeep from an embassy in Lagos to a demolition yard in Ogba and we were paid 40k to take it there. It is the owners of the vehicles that pays for demolition. We are not Owode that will resell the vehicles. Have you noticed that if you abandon your truck on the highway, after a month, it is only the carcass you will meet there. Those doing that job are thieves. We have been rendering this service since 2009 and we know the many enquiries we have gotten since last night. If you know what effect the vehicles that are abandoned does to the environment, we should not then see the enterprise as a means to chop lagosians hard earned money, you will surely be glad to dispose of it. We are Rescue and Recovery nig Ltd.

Kudos to you sir, you are always thinking New

Dhemmyhardy
Re: Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles? by sooperrescue(m): 12:11pm On Apr 09, 2016
Thanks, that your oil, we need to see to ascertain the quality so that our motoring club members should have a feel of it.

Re: Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles? by kayjasper(f): 5:55am On Apr 10, 2016
lonelydora:

Talk true.

Are you a lady?

Lol at your comment.

tongue
Re: Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles? by kayjasper(f): 6:00am On Apr 10, 2016
**double post**
Re: Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles? by kayjasper(f): 6:00am On Apr 10, 2016
----
GAZZUZZ:

No sweetheart. Thats why its called SCRAP.
A car is made of metal, with its engine and other components.
Scrap metal business is a big business for some people.

So saying we should pay him to come take away something that is worth some quid is absolutely surprising for me.

But as he said, his target are not for "people like us", but for people who have a BMW they dont want to see in their compound or environment anymore.

grin tongue

2 Likes

Re: Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles? by ramdris(m): 8:17am On Apr 10, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Bros Pls send me ur workshop contact address an phone number. Wanna bring my car to u for assessment..heard so much about u n what u r doing. Wanna gain from ur experience as well..my car needs u n I do too sir.

1 Like

Re: Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles? by sooperrescue(m): 10:47am On Apr 10, 2016
kayjasper:

So saying we should pay him to come take away something that is worth some quid is absolutely surprising for me.
But as he said, his target are not for "people like us", but for people who have a BMW they dont want to see in their compound or environment anymore.
grin tongue

There are many people that have abandoned vehicles and all that they hope for is that one day they will fix the car and then the children in the street turns the car to their play lair and before you know, it can no longer be put back on the road. We are not interested in only bmw but Japanese, Peugeot, any relic that has been parked with la 3432 sd numbers, do yourself a favour and call us to help you dispose of it. You owe that obligation to the society, the earth and yourself. We will send our tow truck to pick it up. We are not being funded by the UN but it is a private initiative to rid the earth of things that we ignorantly allow to deplete our ozone layer
Re: Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles? by YOUNGKAHUNA: 5:12pm On Apr 10, 2016
When you pick the cars, what happens to it? You grind it or sells it as scrap?
Re: Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles? by sooperrescue(m): 5:48pm On Apr 10, 2016
Good question, we recycle the parts, lawma collects the tyres for free, we donate the engine blocks to people that take some parts for smelting, I have seen a lot of them looking for these parts, creating jobs for them. It is just like we pay lawma agents to pick our garbage at home and some times, we throw away our used electronic devices, house hold things, the scavengers depends on the garbage for daily means of survival.We don't ask lawma truck what they do with the used tyres that we remove from abandoned vehicles but their goal is to dispose it properly and this can be done if there is a central collection point where they can pick the tyres in bulk. That is the reason for it. The ones that we can repair, we do fix and sell to make up the cost of running the initiative. But whoever abandons a vehicle for years means it will cost a lot of resources to put the car back on the road and when you calculate the cost, you will realize that it is better to discard the vehicle. Owode traders don't buy those cars, so people allow the vehicles to rot on the street because they don't know where to take it to for demolition. That's the raison d'etre for our new initiative. Maybe a time will come when the ministry of environment will wake up and shoulder the responsibility of preserving our earth, the ecological funds will be channelled to our direction cos this is more serious thanthe after effects of erosion and poisoned underground water.

1 Like

Re: Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles? by LeJeun3: 7:33pm On Apr 10, 2016
YOUNGKAHUNA:
When you pick the cars, what happens to it? You grind it or sells it as scrap?

Grind!
Re: Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles? by dhemmyhardy(m): 7:57pm On Apr 10, 2016
sooperrescue:
Thanks, that your oil, we need to see to ascertain the quality so that our motoring club members should have a feel of it.

Sire which oil are you talking about

Dhemmyhardy
Re: Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles? by sooperrescue(m): 8:01pm On Apr 10, 2016
Northsea synthetic oil
Re: Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 10, 2016
kayjasper:

grin tongue

A car has scrap value, that's a fact.

But...it has to be dismantled completely.

Metal components separated.
Engine oil drained.
Coolant drained.
Hydraulic fluid drained.
Refrigerants recovered (controlled recovery).
Fuel drained.
Rubber components separated.
Plastic components separated.
Textiles separated.
Glass removed.
Batteries removed.
Miscellaneous / sundries

All this takes time, and costs money. People have to be paid to dismantle the carcass. In the UK, you I'll get paid for a scrap car IF you deliver it to a treatment facility or scrapyard. You'll get nothing IF you've got a scrap car on your lawn, with no wheels, meaning it'll be a pain in the arsè to pick up from your home. Or it has wheels, but you have no means of delivering it. If the collector is feeling generous, he MIGHT give you £35, depending on what the car weighs, and what scrap metal is worth at that time.

Typical price paid for a complete medium-size family sedan is currently £130 IF you deliver it. Collection is expensive too, as fuel and time for the return trip are taken into consideration. Distance also influences what you MAY get paid if you can't run the wreck in yourself. The scrapper also has to pay for non-recyclable items to be disposed of, and their annual licence. So understand it's not a massive profit at the end, for a whole lot of labour and financial outlay

3 Likes

Re: Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles? by sooperrescue(m): 9:57pm On Apr 10, 2016
Thanks Siena, at least they can understand better. In 1999, I sent my Ford Sierra to the demolition yard in Switzerland and paid 150 swiss francs for it to be demolished. The guy refused to collect 100 frs and I was preparing to return home and did not want to take the car home. A car that can move to the demolition yard can be sold at an agreed price but not the kind of cars abandoned in Lagos, no engine, tires expired 19 years ago and some folks want to be paid to help them eliminate hazardous waste from their houses.
Re: Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles? by kayjasper(f): 10:02pm On Apr 10, 2016
Siena:

A car has scrap value, that's a fact.

But...it has to be dismantled completely.

Metal components separated.
Engine oil drained.
Coolant drained.
Hydraulic fluid drained.
Refrigerants recovered (controlled recovery).
Fuel drained.
Rubber components separated.
Plastic components separated.
Textiles separated.
Glass removed.
Batteries removed.
Miscellaneous / sundries

All this takes time, and costs money. People have to be paid to dismantle the carcass. In the UK, you I'll get paid for a scrap car IF you deliver it to a treatment facility or scrapyard. You'll get nothing IF you've got a scrap car on your lawn, with no wheels, meaning it'll be a pain in the arsè to pick up from your home. Or it has wheels, but you have no means of delivering it. If the collector is feeling generous, he MIGHT give you £35, depending on what the car weighs, and what scrap metal is worth at that time.

Typical price paid for a complete medium-size family sedan is currently £130 IF you deliver it. Collection is expensive too, as fuel and time for the return trip are taken into consideration. Distance also influences what you MAY get paid if you can't run the wreck in yourself. The scrapper also has to pay for non-recyclable items to be disposed of, and their annual licence. So understand it's not a massive profit at the end, for a whole lot of labour and financial outlay

Cool, we are still saying the same thing if i get u correctly.

That the owner is paid something "no matter how little" for the vehicle right?

Thats why i said it didnt seem right for him to say the owner pays him for something he woukd make some money out of for himself.
Re: Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 10, 2016
kayjasper:

Cool, we are still saying the same thing if i get u correctly.

That the owner is paid something "no matter how little" for the vehicle right?

Thats why i said it didnt seem right for him to say the owner pays him for something he woukd make some money out of for himself.

No sis, we're not on the same page here.

If a scrap car has to be picked up from the owner, then it's up to the operator whether he chooses to give him or her anything for it at all. If the owner wishes to make something out of it, then by all means, he or she is free to strip it for parts, and sell them him or herself (which a lot of scrap car owners in Nigeria have done).

The result is a carcass that has been rapèd of anything of any real value. Or a fairly complete car that is so far gone, it's almost not worth the hassle to pick up for destruction. I have seen abandoned cars in Nigeria that have been so long in the same spot (as long as 20 years) that these wrecks have put down roots. Some dumped for a mere 3 years are so dusty, they look like the surrounding mounds of earth. The perfect camouflage.

As I stated previously, the profit margins on an average family sedan for scrap is pretty small when all other costs and the time taken to separate the different fluids and materials is taken into consideration. I'm in the automotive trade myself, and though I don't deal in scrap metal, I know what costs are involved in obtaining a salvage license, running costs as well as the costs associated with the disposal of non-recyclable materials.

1 Like

Re: Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles? by kayjasper(f): 11:06pm On Apr 10, 2016
Siena:

No sis, we're not on the same page here.

If a scrap car has to be picked up from the owner, then it's up to the operator whether he chooses to give him or her anything for it at all. If the owner wishes to make something out of it, then by all means, he or she is free to strip it for parts, and sell them him or herself (which a lot of scrap car owners in Nigeria have done).

The result is a carcass that has been rapèd of anything of any real value. Or a fairly complete car that is so far gone, it's almost not worth the hassle to pick up for destruction. I have seen abandoned cars in Nigeria that have been so long in the same spot (as long as 20 years) that these wrecks have put down roots. Some dumped for a mere 3 years are so dusty, they look like the surrounding mounds of earth. The perfect camouflage.

As I stated previously, the profit margins on an average family sedan for scrap is pretty small when all other costs and the time taken to separate the different fluids and materials is taken into consideration. I'm in the automotive trade myself, and though I don't deal in scrap metal, I know what costs are involved in obtaining a salvage license, running costs as well as the costs associated with the disposal of non-recyclable materials.

Okay
I understand your point better now.

Well, i believe he will get his clients but very few.

Nigerians in Nigeria wouldnt see it the way you have stated it above.

Good luck to you Mr Sooperrescue.

1 Like

Re: Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles? by sooperrescue(m): 11:39pm On Apr 10, 2016
It is not a venture, it is an initiative, a green earth project. If i get a call from Epe, i will send a truck there and pick up a car without tyres and pay the owner for making me come down there? It is a profitable initiative as the Ozone layer, the excessive heat will be reduced. Kayjasper, I already have over 50 calls on our toll free from various parts of Lagos. Call 07056990111 toll free only for glo subs and give us description to your scrap vehicles. Lets save our environment
Re: Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles? by sooperrescue(m): 11:00pm On Apr 17, 2016
Save the earth

Re: Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles? by Nobody: 5:16am On Apr 18, 2016
sooperrescue:
you demolished a GLK shocked pls pray for FORGIVENESS.

2 Likes

Re: Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles? by sooperrescue(m): 6:29am On Apr 18, 2016
We have already been forgiven. My driver was agonized for over a week lamenting over the matter. Na the owner want it done. They even accompanied them there and recorded the event. Na only the rims the owner took away.
Re: Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles? by dcole73: 10:58pm On Apr 26, 2018
sooperrescue:
Save the earth

Kai, see the motor wey some people use toast woman dat year.
Life oh life.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The Stunning New Mercedes CLS / Benz C240; Nairalander Gurus Please Help! / My Honda/steering Vibrates From 100kmph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.