Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,790 members, 7,879,440 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 06:27 PM

Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. - Education (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. (394644 Views)

2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread / An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board / 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Nobody: 10:54pm On Feb 11, 2020
belovedaja:
I did not get verification e-mail, I have not seen alert. 2015 awardee,
Likewise.

I've just sent them a mail notifying them that I didn't get the update mail they sent to some awardees, but have updated my results accordingly.

I hope we get paid eventually. This issue has lingered for far too long. embarassed
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Fenzymaven(m): 7:13am On Feb 12, 2020
bammydele1:

you were awarded in you 1st yr right?

how many times have you been paid?

I was awarded in my second year. This is my fourth payment.
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by u13co1004(m): 7:53am On Feb 12, 2020
pls send me their mail address the same issue to....thanks
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 12, 2020
u13co1004:
pls send me their mail address the same issue to....thanks
Well, if it's Scholastica you're referring to, then here you go:
scholastica@dragnet-solutions.com

Godspeed and good luck to all of us.
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by abasidoz: 10:01am On Feb 12, 2020
2015 awardee i got the update message,but yet to received payment.
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Luvdbyursista(m): 10:09am On Feb 12, 2020
Clinolit:

Likewise.

I've just sent them a mail notifying them that I didn't get the update mail they sent to some awardees, but have updated my results accordingly.

I hope we get paid eventually. This issue has lingered for far too long. embarassed
Have they replied you?
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Nobody: 10:24am On Feb 12, 2020
Luvdbyursista:

Have they replied you?
No they haven't, on their regular email that is.

But I used their 'Support Ticket' feature on the candidate dashboard to also lay my complaint.

They replied me with the attached mail (screenshot below).

If I get any other update from their regular channel, I'll update the house.

Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by u13co1004(m): 1:27pm On Feb 12, 2020
Tnks
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by badcommando: 4:43pm On Feb 16, 2020
Orestino:
paid! Polaris bank.. 2018 awardee

Brotherly, I wanna consult with you on some issues. I'm a student at funaab too. Kindly WhatsApp me on 09049729916. Thanks
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Muhae: 1:49pm On Feb 17, 2020
Any news
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Agujonas13: 4:17pm On Feb 17, 2020
Yh have anyine been paid today?
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Muhae: 4:24pm On Feb 17, 2020
Or has anyone called lately
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Agujonas13: 4:30pm On Feb 17, 2020
Have you tried calling them
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Muhae: 6:20pm On Feb 17, 2020
Agujonas13:
Have you tried calling them
last week they said payment is still ongoing
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by samkant: 6:01pm On Feb 18, 2020
I am a 2015 awardee. I didn't receive the mail to update result. I have mailed scholastica a couple of times. Yet no response from them. I think we should form a WhatsApp group for those of us 2015 awardee who weren't contacted...so that we can delibrate our next line of action. This is totally unacceptable
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by samkant: 6:06pm On Feb 18, 2020
jaryeh:

2015 also.

I did not get the email, but I updated it at that time anyway.

Have u been paid
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Muhae: 7:54pm On Feb 18, 2020
I'm a 2017 awardee and haven't been paid
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Muhae: 7:56pm On Feb 18, 2020
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Agujonas13: 8:01pm On Feb 18, 2020
I am a 2019 awardee just last year and I haven't been paid
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by belovedaja(m): 8:17pm On Feb 18, 2020
samkant:
I am a 2015 awardee. I didn't receive the mail to update result. I have mailed scholastica a couple of times. Yet no response from them. I think we should form a WhatsApp group for those of us 2015 awardee who weren't contacted...so that we can delibrate our next line of action. This is totally unacceptable
I think the same also, 2015 awardee that was neither contacted nor paid
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by bammydele1(m): 8:30pm On Feb 18, 2020
belovedaja:

I think the same also, 2015 awardee that was neither contacted nor paid
same here
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Muhae: 8:47pm On Feb 18, 2020
Agujonas13:
I am a 2019 awardee just last year and I haven't been paid
were you sent the mail
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Agujonas13: 8:20am On Feb 19, 2020
Muhae:
were you sent the mail
Yes bro i was sent a mail
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by jaryeh(m): 11:07am On Feb 19, 2020
samkant:

Have u been paid

No.
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Sylverly(m): 12:00am On Feb 20, 2020
The best idea/approach: Make a post on Twitter, tag as many influential persons as possible, as Twitter tend to have a bunch of them. Ask for retweet. See how they will respond in few hours if it starts trending. Thank me later

1 Like

Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by adebobconed(m): 10:11am On Feb 20, 2020
Sylverly:
The best idea/approach: Make a post on Twitter, tag as many influential persons as possible, as Twitter tend to have a bunch of them. Ask for retweet. See how they will respond in few hours if it starts trending. Thank me later

This is the best thing, but I'll suggest we take this course as last resort. Since Agbami said payment is still ongoing, let's give them some time (few weeks). Then if they don't do anything about our issue or reply our mails, then we have every right to call them out on social media, which I am confident will bring positive results.

2 Likes

Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Muhae: 3:58pm On Feb 20, 2020
Few weeks that's seems like a while
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Luvdbyursista(m): 5:32pm On Feb 20, 2020
Agbami has paid most awardees from 2019 to 2015..Most persons that didn't get paid from 2015 set are those who graduated 2018 or early 2019 i.e as at when Agbami went to the various schools for verification they alredy have graduated..
If you are 2015 and you dint get paid..its most likely that you dint get the mail to update your results by october last year and you were as a result? not paid.
If you are 2016 and above and you dint get paid..then there might be a mixup some where.
I belong to the first category and I have accepted my fate because I believe it was premeditated by Agbami seeing that I graduated by late 2018.

1 Like

Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Sylverly(m): 7:24pm On Feb 20, 2020
Luvdbyursista:
Agbami has paid most awardees from 2019 to 2015..Most persons that didn't get paid from 2015 set are those who graduated 2018 or early 2019 i.e as at when Agbami went to the various schools for verification they alredy have graduated..
If you are 2015 and you dint get paid..its most likely that you dint get the mail to update your results by october last year and you were as a result? not paid.
If you are 2016 and above and you dint get paid..then there might be a mixup some where.
I belong to the first category and I have accepted my fate because I believe it was premeditated by Agbami seeing that I graduated by late 2018.
Then you will agree with me that there is a forceful truncation of an existing contract. There is an award letter, which serves as a contract binding two parties. That the other party graduated without getting their full payment due to the other party's delay in payment shouldn't render the contract void

3 Likes

Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Luvdbyursista(m): 9:55pm On Feb 20, 2020
Sylverly:
Then you will agree with me that there is a forceful truncation of an existing contract. There is an award letter, which serves as a contract binding two parties. That the other party graduated without getting their full payment due to the other party's delay in payment shouldn't render the contract void
You are not wrong Sir...Its even sad to understand that there was a delay in payment experienced by the 2015 set by over 1 year after we were awarded. If you want to be honest you would agree with me that this Action was premeditated by agbami/scholastica and for you to fight then you have to follow a judicial process.

3 Likes

Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by adebobconed(m): 10:26pm On Feb 21, 2020
Sylverly:

Can't be better said..
Wake up guys, Don't give up your rights too easily.
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by adebobconed(m): 10:28pm On Feb 21, 2020
Luvdbyursista:

You are not wrong Sir...Its even sad to understand that there was a delay in payment experienced by the 2015 set by over 1 year after we were awarded. If you want to be honest you would agree with me that this Action was premeditated by agbami/scholastica and for you to fight then you have to follow a judicial process.

There's no biggie.. Twitter is there for us, Agbami will spit what they didn't chew by the time we get started with them on twitter.

For now, we need to start organising ourselves to prepare for the calling out on twitter.
Agbami has treated 2015 awardees so unfairly.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (145) (Reply)

Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. / Federal University Of Technology Akure(futa) 2014/2015 Admission Session / The Federal University Of Technology Akure(futa) 2015/2016 Admission Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.