Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,209 members, 7,919,884 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 03:18 PM

In The Palace - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / In The Palace (572 Views)

You May Be In A Pit Now But Don't Mess Up, For The Palace Is Waiting For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In The Palace by MrPoet(m): 10:18pm On Apr 09, 2016
Episode 1

We had waited for days now, and we are yet to see the Kabiyesi and Arewa. Even Adewunmi, Oba's child is yet to return from iluoke. I hope the palace is at peace as I assumed said Iya Awero. Otun replied nodding his head like agama lizard, something is actually fishing in the palace as you have rightly said Iya Awero. Balogun beckoned on one of the palace guard to himself and whispered some words to his ears, saying words in silence with the Kabiyesi. You have started again Balogun! You have started again Balogun! Ignoring us on seat, there must be some skeleton in the palace which neither Iya Awero nor I can tell. Otun replied angrily. Iya Awero tried all she could to pacify Otun but all to no avail, Otun left the palace angrily. Balogun laughed at the scene, what has my words or action got to do with this roughly bearded monster for God's sake. Why has he choosed to be monitoring every bit of my steps, Iya Awero please say something for crying out loud. Iya Awero looked at his face with bunch of hisses, only God knows what you and the Kabiyesi and Arewa kept under the cotton but am sure, soonest or there after the calabash will be broken. So she left the palace and straight to Otun's house. Ekuu ojumo o, Iya Awero saluted standing at the entrance of the door. Ha! Here you come Iya Awero ekuu ojumo re. Please have a seat Otun stretched his hand to a carved woody stool. Thank you! What of your wife and children? Iya Awero asked, they are all inside jare. Otun! Otun! Otun how many times have I called you. Three times Iya Awero. Why are you so anxious in an hurry, wont you let the child to defecate first before packing the feaces on the ground? And if care is not taken we might not get the conclusion of this matter. You are a man not a woman. I should be the one acting like this. Moreover what prompted you to have left the palace just like that without you looking back at my face? Otun took a deep breath and release by saying 'humm, Iya Awero you can't blame me easily like that, you know as well that today marks the fifth day the palace has been in silence. His magesty Kabiyesi and Arewa has been indoor as well without enlighting the chiefs for their reason or reasons and if am to walk by my premonition I had this impending sense that there is a red smoke in the palace which I can't vividly tell the actual cause. But the main reason for my action this morning is that, its becoming too much of Balogun. I percieved Balogun is having a silence discusion with Kabiyesi and Arewa without our knowledge. What do you mean by silence discusion Otun? Asked Iya Awero. Do you wants to tell me that you don't have eyes to read the theme in the palace? Replied Otun. My eyes must have gone blind as you have said. No wonder am unable to understand your actions these days said Iya Awero. A minute silence between them they both busted into heavy laughter. You know where am going Iya Awero, you are only tissing my brain like a child. While they yet speak, four of the palace guard has come and summoned Otun to the palace telling him its an order from his royal highness Kabiyesi.
Iya Awero what has my actions got to do in the palace to have warrant the Kabiyesi calling me by these four hefty men. Moreover how sure am I Iya Awero that his magesty Kabiyesi has really sent for me of whom we are yet to see for the past few days. I hope Balogun is not the snake under the grass, said Otun. Am totaly in a state of dilemma but nevertheless bring your ears closer replied Iya Awero. So he moved his ears closer to Iya Awero and she whispered some words into his ear. Otun nodded his head in agreement to what Iya Awero had said. So they left for palace. Just as they left, Iya Awero saluted the house again, then Otun's wife Iya Adieo and her dauther stepped out side. Greetings to you ma Iya Adeio replied while Adeio greeted Iya Awero with her knees on the ground. Gide oko mi, omodaadaa bawo ni? Kaaro said Iya Awero to Adeio. So Iya Awero looked at Iya Adeio's face telling her with a gentle tone 'ni ki o toro gaafura. So Iya Adeio looked at Adeio's face with body language to excuss them. As speed of light, she understood the meaning and left imediately to their backyard doing some domestic work. Am so proud of your girl Iya Adeio, she is such a girl who reads body language perfectly and knows what to do at the right time. Compared to my children Iya Adeio, they will stand right in front of you like a tree even when they eventualy understand the body language used for them yet they will be asking you 'se e fe so oro ni, ki n maa lo? I pray they listen to all my advice and make profitable use of it at this their tender age, said Iya Awero. Well, the main reason for calling you apart is ......... So she looked around her perphaps there are people watching or giving ears to their words. While she yet looked around by the edge of Otun's house. The shadow of a man she saw standing very close to the wall giving ears to their words. She pretended as if she had seen nothing and whispered some short words into Iya Adeio's ear. O daaro o, Iya Awero waved her hands to Iya Adeio going towards the direction the shadow was standing. Before getting close to the edge of the house, a man flee from the place. Is this not the town crier? Egba mi! Oh my God, what is really happening?

Watchout for episode 2
#In_The_Palace

(1) (Reply)

The Poets' Corner. / My Goal Is To Write 100 Stories In The Next 5 Years / My Dream Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.