Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:02 AM

What Causes Necrophobia - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Causes Necrophobia (1302 Views)

What Causes Postpartum Depression? / Headless Girl Who Appeared In A Couple's Family Pic Causes Panic On Instagram / What Causes Anger And Problem After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Causes Necrophobia by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 10, 2016
I swear i have never been to burial before, talkless of morgue, each time am passing by morgue, i will try to avoid seeing caskets, even my friend's dad died buh i couldn't attend the burial, i hate seeing caskets, is meant for dead people not for the living angry each time i dream about caskets, i will be afraid throughout that day, how can i get rid of this necrophobia
Re: What Causes Necrophobia by Meeloreh(f): 1:27pm On Apr 10, 2016
Face your fears. Attend funerals, look in the casket, touch the casket if possible. There's no connection btw the deAd n the living. Dreaming of it shows the extent to which you fear it. Pray against it too
In the long run(old age), a relative might die and you Ofcourse will be in position to do stuffs. Will u delegate ur responsibility/last respect cuz of fear?

3 Likes

Re: What Causes Necrophobia by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 10, 2016
Meeloreh:
Face your fears. Attend funerals, look in the casket, touch the casket if possible. There's no connection btw the deAd n the living. Dreaming of it shows the extent to which you fear it. Pray against it too
In the long run(old age), a relative might die and you Ofcourse will be in position to do stuffs. Will u delegate ur responsibility/last respect cuz of fear?
thanks
Re: What Causes Necrophobia by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 10, 2016
@op just stick to meeloreh advice. I used to be like that until 2012 when I attended a burial at ilesha. Everybody were mandated to go see the dead body. I developed a courage and went near it. Infact I wasn't even scared. The truth is, we get defeated by our thoughts. Just take it as nothing will happen to you and embrace ur fear. Believe me, its better u start now cos a relative may die in d future and u won't have any choice dan take responsibilities...
Re: What Causes Necrophobia by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 10, 2016
MissMalia:
@op just stick to meeloreh advice. I used to be like that until 2012 when I attended a burial at ilesha. Everybody were mandated to go see the dead body. I developed a courage and went near it. Infact I wasn't even scared. The truth is, we get defeated by our thoughts. Just take it as nothing will happen to you and embrace ur fear. Believe me, its better u start now cos a relative may die in d future and u won't have any choice dan take responsibilities...
i have seen dead bodies before not once buh twice, buh i didn't see them inside the casket, i think am ready now, i have thought about it

1 Like

Re: What Causes Necrophobia by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 10, 2016
lilzcee,

accept that death is very natural and that there is nothing wrong with it and your problem will be solved.
Re: What Causes Necrophobia by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 11, 2016
lilzcee:
thanks
guy, dont traumatize urself, phobias cant be overcomed. Have u ever succeded in ignoring very scary things?. Unless u want to get sick.
Re: What Causes Necrophobia by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 11, 2016
yall:
guy, dont traumatize urself, phobias cant be overcomed. Have u ever succeded in ignoring very scary things?. Unless u want to get sick.
worst advice ever

(1) (Reply)

This Is Serious Lol / 8 Things Nigerian Parents Would Beat Their Children For / Man caught his wife Havin Sex With landlord See **photos**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.