Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,248 members, 7,967,591 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 10:36 PM

13 Year Old Boy Arrested For Robbery By RRS (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 13 Year Old Boy Arrested For Robbery By RRS (photo) (1255 Views)

Fake Rifle Used To Snatch A Car Recovered By RRS (Photo) / Money Doubler, Wash-Wash, Arrested By RRS (Photos, Video) / Fraud Syndicates Including A Woman Arrested By RRS (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Year Old Boy Arrested For Robbery By RRS (photo) by Yeyegist(f): 6:11pm On Apr 10, 2016
A 13 - year old boy, Opeyemi Johnson, was over the weekend arrested by the operatives of Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of Lagos State Police Command, for allegedly involved in robbery and member of the dreaded cult group known as “Awawa Boys”.

As a teenager and minor, one will wonder how a 13 year old boy could join such a confraternity which its members are known for committing all sorts of atrocities, maiming, killing and disturbing public peace in Agege area and its environs of the State.

It was learnt that the suspect and 20 other members of the cult members were coming from a street Carnival somewhere around Agbado Crossing. They were reported to have been dispossessing passersby of bags, phones and other valuable items when he was arrested.

According to Opeyemi, a Junior Secondary School student of a private school in Sango Ogun State (name withheld)," I followers my cult members to carnival at Power Line, Agbado Crossing. On our way home, our Capol, nicknamed 'Ija Omode' instructed us to start robbing anybody we meet ton our way.

We robbed not less than 10 different individuals of their belongings before we got to Fagba Junction. At this point, we saw a young girl, whom we immediately surrounded and collected all her belongings including phones and jewelry. She later went to bring RRS men who chased us and arrested me while my colleagues managed to escape.

"Opeyemi disclosed that he joined the cult group about a year ago. "I was initiated into the group about a year ago. It was one brother whom I only know as Ola that introduced and forced me to join the group. Initially, I never knew it would turn out to be this. Immediately I saw their ways of life and characters, I wanted to quit but they threatened to kill me if I dare leave the group", he said.

While narrating how the cult initiation was performed on him, the suspect revealed, " it was on a Sunday evening at Abattoir, Agege. Ola took me to one dark room and ordered me to kneel down. In that room, I met other six members of the group already waiting for my arrival. The cult leader, 'Ija Omode' blindfolded me with black piece of cloth and all the six members descended on me, gave me a thorough beating.

After a while, they stopped. They gave me alligator pepper to chew and also an alcoholic drink to gulp in down. One of them stood up, he drew tattoo on my forehead and below my eyes as sign of being a bonafide member of the group. Since that time, I have been going out with them for operations. I stopped going back home. I used to sleep in a shanty plank room at Abattoir".

The suspect added that his mother never showed him his biological father since he was born. "I don't know who my father is till now. My mother just told me he is a Congolese.

I had made frantic efforts to see him to the extent that I had to travel to Congo alone to look for him but I didn't see him rather I saw some of his family members who told me he had travelled out of the country. For now, I can only talk to him via phone", he explained.

Speaking with the suspect’s mother, Mrs Johnson, she noted that she had tried all her best to give him sound education and good upbringing.

"He is my third child. Though I had remarried but that doesn't disturb me from playing my motherly roles on him. His two elder siblings are in higher institutions. I have tried enough to ensure that he doesn't go astray. I enrolled him in a private school at Sango, I wondered how he got to Abattoir, Agege. I gave him and his siblings all my best", she stated.

The victim, Naisha Akiomon, who informed the RRS operatives after she was robbed, narrated her ordeals to the Police. “I was on my way to Balogun market in Lagos Island. On getting to Fagba junction hoping to board a bus around 4:00 a.m. about 15 boys surrounded me with weapons and asked me to release all my belongings. I had to cooperate with them, and they collected a sum of N58,000:00, permanent voter's card, 3 ATM cards, phones and other valuables from me. I had to run to other side of the road to shout for help.

Fortunately, I saw RRS operatives patrolling and I explained everything to them. They followed me to the crime scene but immediately the thieves saw us coming, they all took to their heels. The Police chased them and arrested one of them", she explained.

While confirming the arrest, the State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) Dolapo Badmus, admonished parents to give their best to their children and wards.

She said that the teenager's confessional statement helped the Police to arrest another member of the group, Mohammed Korede, 19.The two suspects have been transferred to Gender Department of the police command for necessary actions.

http://www.metropillar.com/2016/04/13-year-old-boy-arrested-for-robbery-by.html

Re: 13 Year Old Boy Arrested For Robbery By RRS (photo) by chidiebere2020(m): 6:49pm On Apr 10, 2016
Unbelievable
Re: 13 Year Old Boy Arrested For Robbery By RRS (photo) by Yeyegist(f): 7:14pm On Apr 10, 2016
You better believe
Re: 13 Year Old Boy Arrested For Robbery By RRS (photo) by nowornever2016: 9:37pm On Apr 10, 2016
Women!! Una See.
Re: 13 Year Old Boy Arrested For Robbery By RRS (photo) by gqboyy(m): 9:59pm On Apr 10, 2016
which way naija
Re: 13 Year Old Boy Arrested For Robbery By RRS (photo) by Dexema(m): 10:23am On Apr 11, 2016
who says condoms and contraceptives are not blessings in this era, yet some useless people just decide to get pregnant and breed societal problems in human form.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldiers Raping Girls In Gbaramatu: Niger Delta Avengers Spits Fire / How Female Redeemed Preacher Was Killed During Morning Evangelism / Drama As 22-year Old Married Woman Dates Rapist For More Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.