Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,741 members, 7,908,878 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 01:32 PM

Tahajjud - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Tahajjud (13414 Views)

Taraweeh (or Tarawih) Vs Tahajjud:ending The Debate Javed Ahmad / How To Perform Tahajjud / Is There Any Difference Between Tahajjud And Qiyaam Al-layl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tahajjud by Bimiafashion(f): 6:30pm On Apr 10, 2016
TAHAJJUD "If there is something you want in life and you are not praying tahajjud for it, then you don't really want it." — Shaykh Yasir Qadhi ''The Dua made at tahajjud is like an arrow that does not miss its target.'' — Imaam Ash Shafi (RA) Get up to pray in the dark when all are asleep and see how your path is lit and your life begins to shine. #Tahajjud Many people talk about Allah but very few talk to Allah. Bring Tahajjud and Du’a into your life and talk to Him. If there is something you want to ask Allah, start praying tahajjud. Tahajjud time is on even 15 mins before fajr (morning prayer) so if you are a heavy sleeper you should try waking up atleast 20 mins before fajr and offer tahajjud. Raise your hands in dua in tahajjud & be consistent, Allah loves hearing our duas. Abu Hurayra (Allah be pleased with him) reports that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace be upon him) said, "The best prayer after the obligatory prayers is the night prayer." Benefits of Tahajjud (The Night Prayer): 1 - Implementing the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah (SallalLahu alayhi wa sallam) which he never use to miss 2 - A way of getting your Dua's accepted 3 - A way of getting your sins forgiven 4 - By performing it, it will bring light to your face and soul 5 - It helps you fight your desires 6 - It makes you closer to Allah 7 - It builds the love of the Hereafter in your heart 8 - It softens the heart and humbles you in front of Allah 9 - It strengthens the Qur’an that you have memorised Narrated Abu Huraira (RadhiyalLahu anhu): Allah’s Apostle (Peace be upon him) said, “Our Lord, the Blessed, the Superior, comes every night down on the nearest Heaven to us when the last third of the night remains, saying: “Is there anyone to invoke Me, so that I may respond to invocation? Is there anyone to ask Me, so that I may grant him his request? Is there anyone seeking My forgiveness, so that I may forgive him?” Spread the knowledge so it will be Sadaqatul-Jaari a (everlasting charity) for you In Shaa Allah. The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: “Whoever directs someone to a good, then he will have the reward equal to the doer of the action.” [Muslim 1893]

44 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tahajjud by olajide21: 7:51am On Apr 12, 2016
Jazakhallahu khairan

1 Like

Re: Tahajjud by prettymina(f): 11:19am On Apr 12, 2016
Salamualaykun waramathullah wabarakathu

Pls,is there a special tahajjud prayer for some1 seeking guidance in choosing a spouse?

Can tahajjud prayer be offered any day of the week?

Can a female on her period observe tahajjud prayer?
Re: Tahajjud by Empiree: 3:58pm On Apr 12, 2016
prettymina:

Pls,is there a special tahajjud prayer for some1 seeking guidance in choosing a spouse?

albaqir, sino, fundamentalist, lexiconkabir, tbaba1234, BETATRON, muhdg, abduljabbar4
Re: Tahajjud by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 12, 2016
prettymina:
wa aleikom salam, warahmatAllahi wabarakatuhu.

no such thing as special tahajjud, if you want to seek guidance, do istikhara, its just a short supplication.

you can offer tahajjud everynight, its best you pray at the 2/3rd part of the night, over here we pray salatul isha'i by 8pm, so 2/3rd of the night falls around 2am.
No, because you are impure, "verily Allah is pure and HE wont accept anything except that which is pure"~[Muhammad(pbuh)] AND ALLAHU KNOWS BEST

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tahajjud by prettymina(f): 11:15pm On Apr 12, 2016
Jazakumlah khairan
Noted.
lexiconkabir:

wa aleikom salam, warahmatAllahi wabarakatuhu.

no such thing as special tahajjud, if you want to seek guidance, do istikhara, its just a short supplication.

you can offer tahajjud everynight, its best you pray at the 2/3rd part of the night, over here we pray salatul isha'i by 8pm, so 2/3rd of the night falls around 2am.
No, because you are impure, "verily Allah is pure and HE wont accept anything except that which is pure"~[Muhammad(pbuh)] AND ALLAHU KNOWS BEST
Re: Tahajjud by Nobody: 6:21am On Apr 13, 2016
prettymina:
Jazakumlah khairan Noted.
wa iyak.
Re: Tahajjud by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 13, 2016
Bimiafashion , thanks....Informative. I can point to Tahajjud as the reason why I've been able to achieve many things. Allah never fails those who remembers to call on him in the loneliest of all hours.

3 Likes

Re: Tahajjud by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 13, 2016
I tried to resist laughing but I just couldn't....hahaha!! #NuffSaid...Olohun a gba adua wa ooo!

prettymina:

1 Like

Re: Tahajjud by nurez305(m): 2:39pm On Apr 15, 2016
Salam alaekun waramotullahi robarakaatu

Please is there any special prayer for one that need help from Allah need to do in terms of Nafilat and the prayer after the nafilat.

Please can you recommend one for me that I can be doing both the nafilat and prayer and best surat to recite after the prayer

Thanks
Re: Tahajjud by otunbaajamu(m): 2:43pm On Apr 15, 2016
Hi prettymina, my name is Abiola
Re: Tahajjud by chakula: 2:47pm On Apr 15, 2016
Intensive reading will be rendered to this educative thread later. My Allah forgive us ameen.
Re: Tahajjud by Justicealh3(m): 2:50pm On Apr 15, 2016
Alhamdullah. TY bro.
Re: Tahajjud by sheubaba2013: 2:56pm On Apr 15, 2016
Reply to prettyamina: sure u can beg Allah for a better husband or about your nikkah. If you are on ur period I don't think you can perform tahajjud salat. For prayer on good husband you can visit citadel of the believer (husnu muslim) page 92(istikhara). Allah knows the best. May Allah accept our dua...Aamin

2 Likes

Re: Tahajjud by Codedzng: 2:59pm On Apr 15, 2016
Jazakallah Khairan.....

1 Like

Re: Tahajjud by Musharraf: 3:07pm On Apr 15, 2016
Do Istikhara
Re: Tahajjud by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 15, 2016
Jazakallahu khairan... Tahajjud is one ibadat i find really daunting.
Re: Tahajjud by Monstaof(m): 3:25pm On Apr 15, 2016
Wa aleykum salam warahmoh

This particular prayer is stressful to some but its highly rewarding and you can as well ask for whatever you want in this world and the hereafter with this prayer. Its not permissible to observe solat either obligatory or voluntary while on period. The prayer goes thus; 4 Rakats Naflat {First Rakat, Fatha then suratul iklas 50 same for second rakat and salamoh then continue the same process for third and fourth rakat then salamoh} After salamoh, pick up your rossary and recite Suratul ikhlas 50 times after the completion then Sujood and ask Allah for whatever you want from him. Suratul Ikhlas will now be 250 in total after completion. It can be done continously for life except when you are on period. Please dont forget to give alms at all times. Barakallahu fihi
prettymina:

1 Like

Re: Tahajjud by geesilver(m): 3:32pm On Apr 15, 2016
Salam alaikun pls is there any special tahajjud for someone under opression and spiritual attack? Thanks.
Re: Tahajjud by prodam(m): 4:29pm On Apr 15, 2016
nurez305:
Salam alaekun waramotullahi robarakaatu
Please is there any special prayer for one that need help from Allah need to do in terms of Nafilat and the prayer after the nafilat.
Please can you recommend one for me that I can be doing both the nafilat and prayer and best surat to recite after the prayer
Thanks

There are many prayers specific for some requests based on the content of the particular dua. However, one option is to do nawafil( 2 rakat) then do the following after the nawafil:

1. Ask for forgiveness (Astagfirullah)
2. Thank Allah for everything that you have today (Alhamdulilah)
3. Blessings on the Prophet (Allahumo soli ala mumhammad wa selim)
4. Perform Zhikr (declaring and reaffirming again that there is no God worthy of worship except Allah) (Lah ilaha ila lah)

Then make specific duas in any language.

Then Allahuma robana atino fiduniya asano tan ...................... till the end.
Finally, subuhana robika................ till the end.

May Allah grant our requests
Re: Tahajjud by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 15, 2016
I was lucky to have a roommate that observe tahajud prayers regularly.

I got intimated, I was prompt to start oberving it too.
Soon enough I got used to it.
May Allah make it easy for us smiley

2 Likes

Re: Tahajjud by nurez305(m): 4:49pm On Apr 15, 2016
prodam:

There are many prayers specific for some requests based on the content of the particular dua. However, one option is to do nawafil( 2 rakat) then do the following after the nawafil:

1. Ask for forgiveness (Astagfirullah)
2. Thank Allah for everything that you have today (Alhamdulilah)
3. Blessings on the Prophet (Allahumo soli ala mumhammad wa selim)
4. Perform Zhikr (declaring and reaffirming again that there is no God worthy of worship except Allah) (Lah ilaha ila lah)

Then make specific duas in any language.

Then Allahuma robana atino fiduniya asano tan ...................... till the end.
Finally, subuhana robika................ till the end.

May Allah grant our requests
jazakhalahu khaira

May amighty Allah reward you for the information
Re: Tahajjud by Peacefultosin: 5:09pm On Apr 15, 2016
Jazaaka llah khaeran
Re: Tahajjud by MakeWeTalk: 5:29pm On Apr 15, 2016
Dear Islamic Section MODS

Nobody can censor the truth.

The truth shall set you free.

John 8:32
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

For if allah said he will kill isa, then why does every moslem deny that Jesus died and rose again?

Surah3:54-55
“And when Allah said: ‘O ‘Isa! I will cause you to die and then raise you to Myself…”

You cannot surpress the truth brothers.

1 Like

Re: Tahajjud by prettymina(f): 6:30pm On Apr 15, 2016
Monstaof:
Wa aleykum salam warahmoh

This particular prayer is stressful to some but its highly rewarding and you can as well ask for whatever you want in this world and the hereafter with this prayer. Its not permissible to observe solat either obligatory or voluntary while on period. The prayer goes thus; 4 Rakats Naflat {First Rakat, Fatha then suratul iklas 50 same for second rakat and salamoh then continue the same process for third and fourth rakat then salamoh} After salamoh, pick up your rossary and recite Suratul ikhlas 50 times after the completion then Sujood and ask Allah for whatever you want from him. Suratul Ikhlas will now be 250 in total after completion. It can be done continously for life except when you are on period. Please dont forget to give alms at all times. Barakallahu fihi
jazakumlah khairan brother...I appreciate ur effort

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos State Confiscates Sallah Rams / Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab / Clear Error In The Qur'an: God Could Not Make Such A Mistake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.