Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,827 members, 7,930,845 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 10:01 AM

Profiling Yahweh,the God Of The Jews - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Profiling Yahweh,the God Of The Jews (1067 Views)

Is Yahweh The True God? / Is Yahweh The Supreme Creator Or An Evil God? / The Evolution Of Yahweh The God Of The Jews. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Profiling Yahweh,the God Of The Jews by jagunlabi(m): 7:46pm On Aug 01, 2009
After having read the bible OT thoroughly and with open-mind,describe what will be in your profiling of the jewish deity called yahweh, if you are asked to make a list of his charater traits?I am really curious to know what people will write down,especially atheists.
Re: Profiling Yahweh,the God Of The Jews by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 01, 2009
jagunlabi:

After having read the bible OT[b] thoroughly and with open-mind[/b],describe what will be in your profiling of the jewish deity called yahweh, if you are asked to make a list of his charater traits?I am really curious to know what people will write down,especially atheists.

Have you done the above yourself?
Re: Profiling Yahweh,the God Of The Jews by mazaje(m): 9:55pm On Aug 01, 2009
jagunlabi:

After having read the bible OT thoroughly and with open-mind,describe what will be in your profiling of the jewish deity called yahweh, if you are asked to make a list of his charater traits?I am really curious to know what people will write down,especially atheists.

Yahweh is the elder brother of Allah when it comes to violence, commanding people to kill, steal, rape, loot, enslave each other and fear him. yahweh is a warrior and evil god.

The OT god is so evil that he even admits that there can not be evil without him causing it.

•(Isaiah 45:7, KJV) - "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."
•(Amos 3:6) - "Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?"
Re: Profiling Yahweh,the God Of The Jews by Tudor6(f): 10:14pm On Aug 01, 2009
Yahweh is a murderous and war-mongering god who commands animal and human sacrifices, slavery, genocide and ethnic cleansing.
He is so callous that he purposely hardened the heart of pharoah of egypt so he can afflict his people and kill their innocent first born.
He also killed a righteous man and condemned him to hell coz his only crime was reflexly trying to stabilise the ark of covenant when the ox carrying it tripped meanwhile he sent a hit man to murder a king while he was holding on to the ark's horn.

In essense
yahweh just loved spilling BLOOD!
Re: Profiling Yahweh,the God Of The Jews by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 02, 2009
nairalanders are the funniest in the world, chris rock and others cannot compete with una
Re: Profiling Yahweh,the God Of The Jews by Nobody: 4:13am On Aug 02, 2009
funny in what way?

I dont see what's so funny about the responses?

and whats new about atheists and satanists bulldozing a thread on Christianity? Ostensibly to show off their "intelligence" and "oversabi" lipsrsealed undecided

did you just join nairaland or isnt that what you normally do yourself?
Re: Profiling Yahweh,the God Of The Jews by bawomolo(m): 4:38am On Aug 02, 2009
God is all of man's bad and good qualities into one.

he/she/it could be nice if he wants to and evil when he wants too. He/she/it always finds a way to justify his actions while everyone else is to blame for evil (man, satan, demons, serpents etc) .

Huge ego and always looking for attention like a baby.

He/she/it can also be mr.nice guy who protects you from a huge middle-eastern army, leads you to the promise land, bless with free heavenly garri and if you are lucky enough, he shows you his backside by a burning bush.

In short, God is the ultimate schizophrenic.

he gets more sane in the new testament though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Profiling Yahweh,the God Of The Jews by bawomolo(m): 4:39am On Aug 02, 2009
tpia.:

funny in what way?

and whats new about atheists and satanists bulldozing a thread on Christianity? Ostensibly to show off their "intelligence" and "oversabi" lipsrsealed undecided

uplawal is a muslim female who finds joy in Christianity being ridiculed
Re: Profiling Yahweh,the God Of The Jews by Busybody2(f): 6:59am On Aug 02, 2009
bawomolo:

uplawal is a muslim female who finds joy in Christianity being ridiculed

Tpia is clued in on this, judging by her response, she just took the sarcasm route to break it into uplawl's skull wink wink wink
Re: Profiling Yahweh,the God Of The Jews by FMK(m): 7:14am On Aug 02, 2009
I always wonder why a country like nigeria where 70 % of people are christians but nothing showing as a God Country but is like Babylone the great where calamities war between religions persist people killing each other you really worship the Living God or not ?
Re: Profiling Yahweh,the God Of The Jews by mazaje(m): 1:28pm On Aug 02, 2009
tpia.:

funny in what way?

This one is always angry that he has to defend and believe the myths and fantasies of ancient people who said that the sun moves round the earth. . . . grin grin grin grin keple. . . . . .
Re: Profiling Yahweh,the God Of The Jews by toneyb: 5:44pm On Aug 02, 2009
Yahweh is a crazy fictional character who can best be described as a terrorist and genocidal maniac that is held up as the ultimate force of good by the jews that created him. he can kill people according to the OT for very trivial things like wearing cloths made of two different fabrics.

He encourages sexism, tells men to steal other lands because they are flowing with milk and honey. He encourages rape, plunder and murder of unbelievers because he is afraid of them converting his chosen men. He tells parents to stone o death their disobedient children and encourages people to kill witches. grin grin. He is bothered about how people do everything including passing out excrement. Fear yahweh or die grin grin grin

Human sacrifice is part of his game plan.

"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 )

Yahweh himself says that he is responsible for all evil. He admits that good or evil can not take place without his approval in the book of lamentations. Yahweh is truly the elder brother of Allah as some one has already pointed out.
Re: Profiling Yahweh,the God Of The Jews by jagunlabi(m): 7:04pm On Aug 02, 2009
You bet i have.But i want to hear it from the others.
Have you done the above yourself,davidylan?
davidylan:

Have you done the above yourself?
Re: Profiling Yahweh,the God Of The Jews by FMK(m): 6:29am On Aug 03, 2009
toneyb:

Yahweh is a crazy fictional character who can best be described as a terrorist and genocidal maniac that is held up as the ultimate force of good by the jews that created him. he can kill people according to the OT for very trivial things like wearing cloths made of two different fabrics.

He encourages sexism, tells men to steal other lands because they are flowing with milk and honey. He encourages rape, plunder and murder of unbelievers because he is afraid of them converting his chosen men. He tells parents to stone o death their disobedient children and encourages people to kill witches. grin grin. He is bothered about how people do everything including passing out excrement. Fear yahweh or die grin grin grin

Human sacrifice is part of his game plan.

"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 )

Yahweh himself says that he is responsible for all evil. He admits that good or evil can not take place without his approval in the book of lamentations. Yahweh is truly the elder brother of Allah as some one has already pointed out.

careful with frustration God is not guilty of your Soreness
Re: Profiling Yahweh,the God Of The Jews by toneyb: 4:50pm On Aug 03, 2009
FMK:

careful with frustration   God is not guilty  of your Soreness

grin grin grin Is this the new escapist tactis? Call people frustrated when they show you what is written in the bible, the things you never hear in churches or in sunday school? I know christains here on nairaland who told me to show them where their merciful and lovely god accepted human sacrifice in the bible. I did and they kept quite and came up with another excuse of him having to do that when they initialy said that nothing like that existed in their holy bible grin grin grin That shows that they have never read that part before.

If you don't like the fact that your all loving and merciful god told his chosen men to burn an entire town and sacrifice them as a burnt offering unto him then go ahead and tear that page from your bible and don't blame me. I am just posting what is written therein.

Your god does not exist and has no part to play in my life at all so how can he be guity of my "soreness"?
Re: Profiling Yahweh,the God Of The Jews by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 03, 2009
toneyb

what part of Jesus being crucified as the ultimate human sacrifice, do you not get?

You never read that in whatever copy of the bible you claim to have scanned?

You're here shouting about God claiming human sacrifice but you dont have anything to say about the other religions whose gods require[b] constant[/b] human sacrifice on a regular basis?

(1) (Reply)

I Saw Bimbo Odukoya In Hell / Lady Pastor, Daughter Hacked To Death / Pastor David Oyedepo Plc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.