Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,877 members, 7,938,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 09:39 AM

Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ (3177 Views)

Pictures Of Looters In Nigeria/ Before And After Karma... / Nigeria To Appeal ICJ Ruling On Bakassi / Zaki-ibiam Genocide: Waku Drags Obasanjoto Icj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by izeek(m): 1:22pm On Aug 03, 2009
tensor777:

Do we even know the exact circumstances behind the cult leader's death

He may have been killed by vengeful security men grieved at the loss of dear comrades

He may have been executed on orders from above

He may have been shot 'while trying to escape'

or he probably wasnt even killed.
there is nothin to prove he was killed, his corpse wasnt even presented for identification.
there's just no end to this drama called nigeria.
this country has defied all laws governing human riights and has proven to be a state run by its own selected law an even the international community looks on.
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by Becomrich: 4:02pm On Aug 03, 2009
arrest killers of mohammed yussuf. it is illegal to kill a prisoner before justice is done. and it is also illegal to walk into a mosque under international law to arrest a person because he share a different opinion of your religion.

this is why nigeria may face the ICJ. so yar adua have to quickly arrest all the people involve in mohammed yussuf killing. all the police and military men should be arrest now. if not the ICJ may hold yar adua accountable and may order for his arrest or even any nigeria governor, senators and rep, if you leave nigeria and go to other country.

arrest mohammed yussuf killer.
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by CrudeOil2(m): 4:35pm On Aug 03, 2009
The supreme court is still available. Any aggrieved human rights advocate should sue the Nigerian Police or The government to the supreme court. We mustn't go to an imperialist ICJ as puppets to lay our grievances.
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by Becomrich: 4:39pm On Aug 03, 2009
the supreme court ? there is no justice in nigeria either from the police, military or court system.

the court in nigeria is not different from the nigeria police. i do not see the nigeria court doing anything better than the police , nigeria court is like the nigeria police. it is full of injustice and innocent people are send to jail based on connection and mafia setting.
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by nex(m): 4:53pm On Aug 03, 2009
Becomerich

we are on the same side, but you are beginning to debunk our own argument.

If you say the courts are corrupt and useless, then you're saying it makes no difference taking Yusuf to them.

And it is not against International Law to walk even into heaven to arrest anyone who is suspected of committing a heinous crime.
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by Beaf: 4:54pm On Aug 03, 2009
Crude Oil:

The supreme court is still available. Any aggrieved human rights advocate should sue the Nigerian Police or The government to the supreme court. We mustn't go to an imperialist ICJ as puppets to lay our grievances.

These people clearly don't fear the supreme court. It is best for this thing to be dealt with at international level. The lawlessness and foolishnes that keep holding us back need to be tackled by competent bodies that have nothing to do with any Nigerian bias.
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 03, 2009
@
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by Beaf: 5:15pm On Aug 03, 2009
They're talking about this on cnn right now (literarily as I'm typing) and saying the authorities are in a hurry to bury the bodies possibly to cover up civilian casualties amongst other things. What a shame.
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by alias64: 5:32pm On Aug 03, 2009
[b]To everyone, I’d like to say there’s no point insulting people whose opinions differ from yours. On this issues it seems to me there are no easy answers. My worry continually is our tendencies as Nigerians to act as if Nigeria is out on a limb on all issues. I do not think, like some do, that it is helpful and will bring about change for the better by over-exaggerating all the flaws in Nigeria. I think that it is counter productive. Indeed, the act of exaggerating highlights one of the flaws inherent in doing so. In order words, the laws of diminishing returns.

I suspect that most people including those happy with the action of security services would be happy had the security services made arrest, kept people alive and otherwise complied with what the experts on law and due process  argue is the ideal procedures  for law enforcement to follow in a “civilised society”.  Even those who you may think are unreasonable in their support for the security services actions do have their equivalent in those societies to which some of you want to run way to in order to escape Nigeria society.  In Europe or America, more people than you would be comfortable to admit repeatedly clamour for summery executions of paedophiles, rapists, murderers and terrorists. Therefore, when some Nigerians point out that they are happy with the actions and outcome of the security services they are not doing or saying anything different from the world norm.

As for me, while I would be the first one to call and fight for self-help, I think that a developing country like Nigeria need the presence of international organisations, and countries that can show themselves to be above patronage and show themselves to be even handed, and peerless in what they do, to keep check. If not then no country has moral authority to dictate to developing countries except by force of might. It seems to me that very few people understand that we are (the world) living in probably the most dangerous period.
  [/b]
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by CrudeOil2(m): 5:55pm On Aug 03, 2009
@Beaf.

They wont respect the ICJ either. They don't have any constitutional obligation to obey the ICJ.
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by Nezan(m): 6:22pm On Aug 03, 2009
:-x
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by Beaf: 4:39am On Aug 04, 2009
The acceptance of brutish behaviour in place of rule of law is a sure sign that we are carrying several open sores from millitary rule. cry
Re: Haul Nigeria Before The International Court Of Justice ICJ by Nobody: 2:32am On Aug 05, 2009
@ becomrich

u get time o! how did u know the names and location of al this oil wells. do u own any of the or are u a militant? grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oil Minister In N2.2b Bribery Scandal / Us Government To Partner With Lagos / Pius Ayim Pius Appointed As New Secretary To Thel Government Of Federation (sgf)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.