Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,790 members, 7,882,754 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 01:20 PM

Wale---is He Naija? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wale---is He Naija? (2247 Views)

American Hiphop Rapper Wale Is In Nigeria (Photo). / Davido (Won Le Ba) Ft. Wale / Download Ice Prince – Tipsy Ft Wale & Morell Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wale---is He Naija? by Robotnik: 4:07am On Aug 02, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XwxKVBNbrQ

, but the track is a hit, even featured on BET top 10.
Re: Wale---is He Naija? by Rhymstein(m): 7:27am On Aug 02, 2009
The guy is a nigerian,dont mind d way he pronounces his name.He did d song chillin(kind of a rebirth of talib kweli's verse on erick sermon's chillin(2004),feat lady gaga.Good song.I heard of him 2006 courtesy xxl.He was named among d 10 leaders of d new skul last yr by xxl.His okay,sounds lyk talib kweli mixed wit nas n kanye west
Re: Wale---is He Naija? by dasa: 3:40pm On Aug 02, 2009
he is a nigerian born in washington. i have heard some songs where he was hailing naija.
Re: Wale---is He Naija? by bgees(m): 4:31pm On Aug 02, 2009
i like his songs and he should better drop a studio album soon before he fades off.
Re: Wale---is He Naija? by Nobody: 4:28am On Aug 03, 2009
This guy is cool
Re: Wale---is He Naija? by HohDee(m): 4:43am On Aug 03, 2009
@ topic
he is original naija boy, he ga no english name.
all da three name(1st,middle& last name) is Yoruba , forgotten his full name,
am gonna confirm, bt i can remember d ful of tht wale is ---Olubowale & sumthan fehin
ga to confirm,
Re: Wale---is He Naija? by shotster50(m): 6:41am On Aug 03, 2009
The guy has had a buzz for a while now. He reps Nigeria .
Re: Wale---is He Naija? by sunnykiss(m): 9:23am On Aug 03, 2009
@poster , cant you tell by his name, funny question he was born of nigerian parents but us citizen, basedin d.c
Re: Wale---is He Naija? by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 03, 2009
sunnykiss:

@poster , cant you tell by his name,

You don't have to blame him for asking. Afterall, Black American bear African names, even when they don't know their own true origin.
Re: Wale---is He Naija? by FBS: 9:50am On Aug 03, 2009
The guy is cool. good flow.
Re: Wale---is He Naija? by A40(m): 1:34pm On Aug 03, 2009
To the core heck he can even pronounce his name well unlike Chamillionaire that tried to deny his Naija roots
Wale's names are Olubowale Victor Akintimehin first heard his mixtapes and saw some battles he did and i've been a fan since his song with Lady Gaga and Raheem DeVaughn just killed it for me! he kinda has this laidback flow sounds like Kanye a bit and i can liken his rhyme style to say a Lupe Fiasco
Re: Wale---is He Naija? by Czarskit(m): 4:44pm On Aug 03, 2009
. . . I think the guy suckz. . . tongue

He can do better than that. . .
Re: Wale---is He Naija? by TOYOSI20(f): 5:00pm On Aug 03, 2009
shotster50:

The guy has had a buzz for a while now. He reps Nigeria .

yeah, . . . .Love his song "Chillin'," his club-ready single featuring Lady GaGa, actually saw the vid on BET as well,

directed by the guru, Chris Robinson, very nice one too, the song it self has a real bouncy hook and slick verses,

the track is the perfect precursor to Wale's long-awaited debut, "Attention: Deficit," due Sept. 22 on Interscope Records.

The album is the culmination of Wale's steady rise from small/humble beginnings.

The son of a D.C. cab driver, Wale dreamed of becoming an MC in spite of hip-hop's local perception.

While the wait between his signing and album release has been long,. . .

Wale feels the patience has paid off, according to him he felt like he could have had an album out five months after he gat signed,

but that's not what he wanted. I think he really wants folks out there to get a sense of who he really is,

and actually establish that connection, hes down to earth, and really knows what he wants,

I say if he stays consistent, beyond the sky is his limit, I’ll keep ma eyez wide open for him, . . . .kudos WALE!!! cool wink
Re: Wale---is He Naija? by TOYOSI20(f): 5:03pm On Aug 03, 2009
wale!! smiley

Re: Wale---is He Naija? by khanye(m): 5:34pm On Aug 03, 2009
Olubowale Victor Akintimehin better known by his stage name Wale is an American hip hop artist. As of 2009, Wale has released five mixtapes.

Wale was born to Yoruba Nigerian parents in Washington, D.C. He grew up in Northwest DC and moved to Gaithersburg, Maryland.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wale_%28rapper%29
Re: Wale---is He Naija? by chiogo(f): 6:15pm On Aug 03, 2009
Yes, he's Nigerian I guess from his name. And he pronounces it right - whoever made a comment about his pronunciation of his name.

I like 'Nike boots' and 'Chilling' with Lady Gaga. "My name Wale and I came to get it"  cool
Re: Wale---is He Naija? by Rhymstein(m): 7:03am On Aug 04, 2009
Whenever he drops that album,i dont see selling Gold within 5months.Cos he reps DC.Unknown region for hip hop.The guy is abt 28years old.How can he copyin a 27yr old lupe fiasco(my best rapper unda 30 as in newschool).I think drake sound like him too.In short most new alternative hiphop acts sound like talib kweli,kanye n lupe and a little lil wayne flair
Re: Wale---is He Naija? by rockyfela(m): 9:52am On Aug 18, 2009
naija boy and i luv his songs.
Re: Wale---is He Naija? by aieromon(m): 3:19pm On Aug 18, 2009
Whether he reps Naija or not,he's got mad skillz.
Akon got mo' Naija blood than most of us,so what the fuss?
Re: Wale---is He Naija? by chiogo(f): 6:28pm On Aug 18, 2009
aieromon:

Whether he reps Naija or not,he's got mad skillz.
Akon got mo' Naija blood than most of us,so what the fuss?
How? Akon is Senegalese, y'know. undecided
Re: Wale---is He Naija? by mamagee6(f): 6:34pm On Aug 18, 2009
The name sounds nigerian.
Re: Wale---is He Naija? by aieromon(m): 6:56pm On Aug 18, 2009
@chiogo
Am just sayin' that Akon has visited Naija more times than some Nigerians-by-blood-or-name.if Wale is of Nigerian parents but chooses not to celebrate it,we should appreciate his music cos' of the energy put into it and not because he's a NIGERIAN.
Re: Wale---is He Naija? by chiogo(f): 7:00pm On Aug 18, 2009
^^ Ok, gotcha.
Re: Wale---is He Naija? by bgees(m): 8:01pm On Aug 18, 2009
ridin that black joint -lookin for some action.
Re: Wale---is He Naija? by thando(f): 8:22pm On Aug 18, 2009
I really like the one he did with daniel merriweather
Re: Wale---is He Naija? by chamotex(m): 5:50pm On Aug 19, 2009
I'm trying to look for one of his battles I watched on the net some time ago.
The guy literally murdered someone with lyrical punchlines in a 'witty-ish' way.
The challenger couldn't even respond.

The dude defo got skills . . . . . . . . but rap these days is more than just skills or potential. You have to deliver with commercial prospects.
He can defo do it
Re: Wale---is He Naija? by okeey(m): 2:06pm On Sep 22, 2009
he be comfirm naija guy

(1) (Reply)

What Challenges Are You Facing As An Upcoming Artiste? Let's Help You Solve Them / Happy 73rd Birthday Don Williams The Gentle Giant / Who Is Your Best Musician For The Year 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.